The Eligos vs The Immortals

DeletedUser17088

well, M'Dear, if i were at least talking with you, maybe i would give a damn about your opinion as well :)

m'dear the picture was for the thread inclusive, not for little ol vag-gel

DeletedUser52116

well maybe we lost 3 cities on that famous "well planned" op but this isnt comperable with 6 successful op we have made on them not forgeting the fact that at least 3 of them were 0-wall cities and to keep you informed they just lost a 17k point city today . i personally think that eligos must start using the forum more recently :D

p.s. this is my first post on forum lol

DeletedUser7176

it appear we have 4-5 groups in this world that are very good. they all have very hard cores and know what they are doing. i Have played with many of the players in various alliances here and i highly respect them all. It will be very interesting to see who comes out on top. I think it will take many months to find that out. with such evenly matched teams the winner may not be determined solely on the battlefield. should be exciting.

DeletedUser51423

yeah.. it look like there are a couple of groups who think they are hardcore, but plan on hugging their way to a crown. little respect in that.

DeletedUser7176

unfortunately Grepolis has deteriorated to this. Because of WW most groups have learned that it is more beneficial to merge their way to the top. You merge and weed, repeat. you get to ww with the best possible position to plant your Islands in and with the best team possible.
The individual player can conquer a city. A team can conquers many over a period of time. One diplomat can bring in 100 to 200++ people in one day. Yes many of them will be worthless. But there are always some gems. You weed, kick and eat until you have 100-200 total good fighters and you take a large portion of the server or you at least disrupt the plans of your competitors.
if you are lucky you get to WW with only one real competitor out there. It may be an alliance that you have rarely even met. worlds are big. Then it is simply a resource race. Probably no way to get to the others islands so you just race to finish.
GOLD is another huge game changer. There are alliances that do not play to win but to sell gold. You got a fat wallet and are willing to spend enough you can buy WW. I am seeing this play out on a number of worlds now.
Those alliances that sold the resources, they do that until they have a bunch of players with huge wallets and they buy WW on their next world. The game has turned from a war game to an economic game of sorts. It is not the best fighters and strategist that win anymore. It is the schemers. To win an alliance should not be looking for the best fighters. They should be looking for the players with the most gold that are willing to spend it. Maybe that should be one of the first questions we ask a prospective recruit. How much are you able to spend?
love to see a world where gold was not allowed, except for the admints. That will not happen so don't hold your breath.

DeletedUser33171

unfortunately Grepolis has deteriorated to this. Because of WW most groups have learned that it is more beneficial to merge their way to the top. You merge and weed, repeat. you get to ww with the best possible position to plant your Islands in and with the best team possible.
The individual player can conquer a city. A team can conquers many over a period of time. One diplomat can bring in 100 to 200++ people in one day. Yes many of them will be worthless. But there are always some gems. You weed, kick and eat until you have 100-200 total good fighters and you take a large portion of the server or you at least disrupt the plans of your competitors.
if you are lucky you get to WW with only one real competitor out there. It may be an alliance that you have rarely even met. worlds are big. Then it is simply a resource race. Probably no way to get to the others islands so you just race to finish.
GOLD is another huge game changer. There are alliances that do not play to win but to sell gold. You got a fat wallet and are willing to spend enough you can buy WW. I am seeing this play out on a number of worlds now.
Those alliances that sold the resources, they do that until they have a bunch of players with huge wallets and they buy WW on their next world. The game has turned from a war game to an economic game of sorts. It is not the best fighters and strategist that win anymore. It is the schemers. To win an alliance should not be looking for the best fighters. They should be looking for the players with the most gold that are willing to spend it. Maybe that should be one of the first questions we ask a prospective recruit. How much are you able to spend?
love to see a world where gold was not allowed, except for the admints. That will not happen so don't hold your breath.

I write on forums rarely, but read regularly where I play in and indeed, it is a very well written summary of recent grepo worlds.
Schemers, gold-spammer addicts are thriving now and all about economics. Latter one I like though, lol.

DeletedUser38652

To win an alliance should not be looking for the best fighters. They should be looking for the players with the most gold that are willing to spend it. Maybe that should be one of the first questions we ask a prospective recruit. How much are you able to spend?

Still, just because you have the gold, doesn't mean you have the patience to play out the world. You can have 100 gold spenders in the alliance, but it won't matter if they don't stick together untill WW.

DeletedUser53365

That's the reason why you should continue to have wars. Against little alliances. So you keep an interest in playing for your warriors but it's not too many complicated and you avoid the risk to see them disgusted by big defeats :rolleyes:
Then you defeat the little alliance, recruit their few interesting players who survived and find the next aliance to fight further in direction of the rim...

Not very glorious, of course

DeletedUser51283

Its a difficult problem to solve though-gold can't be done away with as its a source of more income for Inno.
Its also generally hard to change the way lots of players pay-and many (I think) play to win-which is the WW.

DeletedUser10962

I still think in spite of all the problems in grepo with gold, insta buy, spamming attacks (there really should be something governing how many attacks you can send to one player in a day to stop constant attack, recall, attack, recall if nothing else I'm sure it puts a burden on the server). The biggest problem is by far the end game. You have an endgame that only rewards having a high concentration of cities in a small area. That's what it really comes down to so you have the top alliances founding a ton of cities to try and get their density up. It's effective and I can't really blame any alliance for doing that to try and secure the win but at the same time it's hardly the most exciting way to play.

Until the endgame rewards actively fighting and preferably expansion into more than one or two oceans the game is going to be dominated by pacting and simming. Personally I wouldn't mind them trialing a world with a larger cap for alliances but removing all the pact/shared features. No shared forums, no shared reservations etc just make it a lot harder for huge multi alliances to thrive. Make the cap more relevant.

DeletedUser51129

I still think in spite of all the problems in grepo with gold, insta buy, spamming attacks (there really should be something governing how many attacks you can send to one player in a day to stop constant attack, recall, attack, recall if nothing else I'm sure it puts a burden on the server).

You know why there are spamming attacks a all? You are not addressing problem (alarm) but an symptom (spam attacks)

DeletedUser7176

at this moment you are correct. the alarm is the reason for spam attacks, and it can be effective against the alarm. sometimes the choice becomes-- play with the alarm and suffer the spam or turn it off and risk a city. when i started there was no alarm. many feel they can not play without it and that it is a RIGHT to have it and spamming is somehow infringing on their rights. That simply is not true. With good team work, stacking, and tripping you can safeguard your cities. it is just harder. the alarm made it easy for people. some say too easy. i have been spammed before. i just turn it off and go oldschool. i don't cry about it as i have heard others do. crying you are disrupting my RL. i have a family, etc... My god, grow a pair, quit crying, turn the thing off and learn to play. I have no problem with almost any tactic that does not make the game more pay to win and is equally available to everyone.

DeletedUser10962

You know why there are spamming attacks a all? You are not addressing problem (alarm) but an symptom (spam attacks)

Thanks for the heads up I'm glad a seasoned pro like yourself can take the time out to explain these things to me. That being said it's a modern world people expect to be able to be kept up to date 24/7 if they want. Before the official attack alarm people had ways to get notification grepolis toolbox let you know. The only difference was a smaller subset of people had access to them much better that everyone has access to it.

The next question is whether spamming should be an acceptable tactic or whether there is a point at which the game should protect you. The sad fact is that it will always be the far less talented players who use spamming as a mechanism to try and take out much better players. On multiple occasions I have been subjected to 48 hours of spam constantly because poor players can't take a city off decent players so they throw their toys out of the pram

DeletedUser

my personal view is if the alarm is valid, so is co-ordinated spamming.