the end is near

DeletedUser

as the battle to rule all of corinth comes to an end, i would like to take time to look back at the greats that have come through and the greats that are still here to the end. to look back at some of the alliances that popped up and flashed out and a few that have made it all the way through.
i have spent a year in this world and have seen a lot but i would like to hear some great war stories of ole. if you would like, please list those you think were the best "in this world". i know stats are one thing but they dont always tell the whole story. tell me about the alliances that could have been and should have been.
i look at the greats like PB and TVG, we all know about them but there were others ...polish legions, were probably the greatest small alliance i can remember, or the tag team effort of adasko and gosia in DH.
and others like Bone Collectors, though never a threat, that alliance has managed to survive from the beginning till the end.
Babylon, another nice alliance, within a couple months dominated the north. as TA did in the south.

im sure, many of you have stories to share .....feel free to do so

DeletedUser26213

Snoops Troops, The Detached, Troy, THE IMMORTALS, Massive Rhinoceros Army, Last Fallen Nation, Last Fallen Nation (again), Protogenoi, Tartarus Rising, and RP Global Ltd. If you've been around long enough to remember these alliances, speak now in the comments. My god I miss the old days...

DeletedUser

Massive Rhinoceros Army still exists, albeit rebranded as ORIGIN.

DeletedUser

Massive Rhinoceros Army still exists, albeit rebranded as ORIGIN.

And no sooner do I say this, than they vanish, fulfilling the expectations that were placed on them just over a year ago.

DeletedUser

oh my my !! Amandan n Gunner!! :D

Doesnt have hug emoticon!!! :D

DeletedUser

Hi Gunner! Hi Zuzu! Man I miss you guys. It made my day to see you both here.

I am not really playing any more, although I do have an account in Corinth still. How about the two of you?

DeletedUser22252

as you can see we are on different sides now but still good friends,same as with others..;)
It would be nice to see you active when new server with same settings like Corinth is open! Some great players will play there together,so if RL let you,you're more than welcome..;)

DeletedUser

Amandan - my Hero! I, too, smiled big when I saw your posts!! I miss you guys so much!! I was mad at Gunner for the longest but it wasn't his fault. I just missed playing with him. I am the one that screwed up! Gunner and Amandan and Zuzu! God, I miss The Stand! We had such a good time. Sigh!! I am going to post on a few other threads, don't know why I don't read this forum more often! It is very entertaining! That was always Gunner's job - to read the "big" forum and let us know what was being said. Then SKYPE was Bend24's job - lol! But I finally figured it out so I am a big time Skyper now!!! But if I am going to do this forum - I will have to go make me an avatar etc... Sounds like fun! Later....:) (These forum smileys are ugly!! Lol!!)

DeletedUser26213

I remember back when the Stand existed, and Proto, the good ol days

DeletedUser14937

yeah when 1/4 of the world did not exist in one alliance and still come very close to failing to achieve the one thing they wanted most hahahahaha

DeletedUser36146

I know - who would have thought simmers and sheep would beat a 1000x times greater player than yourself.;)
makes the victory sooooooo much sweeter :p

simmers and sheep hahahaha:D

DeletedUser14937

I call you sheep from what I see, you bring it on yourselves really. Your "sweet" victory on something we never wanted just comes to show how obsessed you are with us :D Like I said "non-mate" (since you don't want to be called mate), players know who wins the server not an innogames certificate and I'm sorry but you not just lost but you finished a mile behind ;)

Oh and for one of your other stupid posts (can't find the specific one because all of your posts are ridiculous) on the off chance that we actually had won the WW race, definitely wouldn't have come here and said we just achieved a sweet victory instead I would have laughed at you because really the only thing you would have saved you from being an embarrassment of an alliance (you still kind of are) was actually being the builders of the world. Would have congratulated the original TU members who besides Milos were doing a good amount of the work for the WW race n

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its been a great world, ive met some fantastic players in Corinth and I really hope we met again sometime on other servers.

DeletedUser

I stumbled onto this game when a sudden injury in RL resulted in a workaholic having a massive amount of free time. It filled that time admirably but now having played a server from start to some type of finish, I now find myself wanting a more thorough understanding of the "bigger strategic picture". I find the entire concept of this MMORPG fascinating. I attended college during the infancy of computer development. I was somewhat of a geek (before Bill Gates made us cool) and remember my friends playing "War in the West" for endless days and nights. We also played D&D in its infancy with Dungeon Masters making dungeons on graph paper. All this occurred in real life in actual physical locations because true "cyberspace" and the internet did not exist.

So much for boring background. I am interested in an intellectual "post mortem" on Corinth. Yes, my alliance did complete the 7 WW's but I find that one concrete goal achievement less than satisfactory as far as an explanation of the past year's play. For example, PB never intended to build the WW's so what was their goal and objectives in playing the game and did they achieve such? I find the lack of an endgame somewhat confusing though I understand Innogames goal is to have players buy gold and continue to play. Is that why there is no real published definition of winning the server other than the WW completion? How was winning determined prior to the institution of the WW era? I remember posting a thread and asking this question when I joined TA but I never really got a satisfactory response. Would appreciate anyone giving me a better overall view of the big picture.

DeletedUser

detria.

For me only, as I can't speak for others, my goal on any server is to be entertained. In the future, I'll never participate in the WWs module. I enjoy meeting new people, enemies or allies and waging cyber warfare. If I'm fully entertained from my start on a server to the time I reset, then I've achieved my goal.

On future servers, I tend to doubt I will be around when WWs begin. I enjoy the start and middle portions of a server. Where there is a great deal of change happening. I like watching the political landscape of servers I'm on.

Corinth was rough for me. I had multiple surgeries during the life of the server, burned all my VM time and turned from a top 50 attacker to a support simmer. I only remained out of loyalty to my alliance.

Your comment about the WW victory not feeling complete, is something I also felt on Pi. Aside from it being mind numbingly boring to send resources to the bottomless pit WWs, even when its over, the good feeling is so brief that I was left to ponder why I did it in the first place. It wasn't fun for me.

Ultimately, the goal for each player and alliance is going to be different. I liked your post bringing up the discussion, it was a good idea and I hope more participate....well, maybe except for iCyber. :D

DeletedUser

as you can see we are on different sides now but still good friends,same as with others..;)
It would be nice to see you active when new server with same settings like Corinth is open! Some great players will play there together,so if RL let you,you're more than welcome..;)

Yes yes , if your RL lets you plz come and join us!!

Icyber - just no comment...