the end of Epsilon

DeletedUser

Grepolis on 11/9/11 at 4:00 PM
Dear players,

The age of the World Wonders is near. Therefore we would like to use this opportunity to answer questions about the World wonders and their relationship with the, soon appearing , Hero worlds.
The following text will concentrate on clarifying the rewards for finishing the world wonders and reaching the winning conditions of a world. Note that Hero world access requirements are not discussed fully in this text.

What will players receive for completing the winning conditions?

If an alliance builds 4 of the 7 World Wonders they will receive the following:
• All alliance members will receive an original certificate for completing their respective world
• Their warehouses in the Hero worlds will be able to hold 10% more favors (500<>550)
• A special award will become available: “Winner of world XXX” (Hero worlds will also become accessible)

If an alliance builds all 7 World Wonders they will receive the following:
• The Award “Ruler of XXX”
• A Crown will be displayed in the player profile of the winning alliance (Global/Master)

When does a world end?
The worlds do not end after 4 World wonders are completed by an alliance, it will continue. The next goal for the leading alliance will of course be to gain control of all 7 World Wonders. Once, and if they can achieve this, they will unlock the most prestigious award available in the game “Ruler of XXX”. This will be visible on the player’s profile.

The Worlds will continue to stay open until the next hero world is launched. Then the worlds will be assessed for activity. It is not our intention to take away the hard earned cities and armies our players have developed. If a world’s active users fall below the limit of 1000, the endgame for the world will be ushered in. The players then have the chance fight their final battles and wars for another 4 weeks. The countdown will be displayed in game. Once it ends, the world will also come to an end and close.

What are the Hero world access conditions?
Hero worlds are created for experienced Grepolis players. All players who belonged to the alliance that built 4 World wonders may enter. Alliance players who built all 7 World Wonders are also granted access to the Heroworlds(In case these alliances are not the same). Of course other players may also earn the right to establish a city on a hero world. Though we cannot disclose this information right now, we can say the following: A Single-Player-Award can unlock access to the Hero worlds.

When do the first Hero worlds start?
The first Hero world will be launched on December 15.12.2011. All players who have access rights may then join the new Grepolis adventure. Further Hero world information will be released in November.

What about the old worlds?
Are you impatient to get the new features of 2.0 and to start building the world wonders in the old worlds? We also have an awesome news for you: from today to Wednesday, you can vote and decide either you want the update on old worlds or not. This one has been send to you in the game. Check your messages!

Have fun on Grepolis!

I draw you all to the part where it says

It is not our intention to take away the hard earned cities and armies our players have developed. If a world’s active users fall below the limit of 1000, the endgame for the world will be ushered in.

since a new player this player is ranked 1800 Player name 118smithy colony size 386
(this was edited in : now note how many inactives the world has)

is there any hope for ep? I ask to get an answer will ep get updated or will it close due to lack of players we would all like to know now!!! or at least get odds of it getting updates and not being closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here is your answer

78.6% of all 1.0 players who voted said yes to Grepolis 2.0. Only 21.4% decided that they do not want the new 2.0 features. As a result all 1.0 worlds will be upgraded to 2.0 in the near future. If possible we will try to update them before Christmas. An exact update date will be given soon.

FYI:
Some people were angry about an optional second question if you selected "no". The results above do not include the information of the second question as it seemed misleading to some players. The percentages represent only the first choice players made: Yes or No.

Thank you for voting and giving us your feedback.

Please leave your comments about the poll here

P.S We apologize for mixing up dates for the poll ending.

Sincerely,

The Grepolis team.

DeletedUser

sorry jb doesn't answer my question as I think ep is well below the 1000 mark as stated worlds below this mark will be closed

DeletedUser14937

You said a new player is ranked at 1800, means it's far from the 1000 mark ;) plus grepostats records 3000 accounts on epsi so not so sure about that.

Epsi is not ending anytime soon I think, it's just being upgraded to 2.0 :)

P.S if you have ingame questions I would submit an ingame ticket.

DeletedUser

sorry jb doesn't answer my question as I think ep is well below the 1000 mark as stated worlds below this mark will be closed

Alex ep is 8th biggest server

DeletedUser

You said a new player is ranked at 1800, means it's far from the 1000 mark ;) plus grepostats records 3000 accounts on epsi so not so sure about that.

Epsi is not ending anytime soon I think, it's just being upgraded to 2.0 :)

P.S if you have ingame questions I would submit an ingame ticket.

that may be But I also noticed it records the ghosts and note it was a small player I looked at ranked 1000 only has 10504 points your not telling me everyone over that is active???
and everyone below that is active too

you see ranked 1200 player Saladron size 3508 this guy cant even conquest yet prob get bored and leave and there are many below if he is even still active. come on wake up smell the coffee

DeletedUser

I think this depends on your definition of activity. I presume they do not use the same activity definition most alliances do, but actually use the number of players in the world. Which should be consistent with ghosting policies regarding period of inactivity before the player is considered inactive and hence turns to ghost.

DeletedUser

i have to agree with Alex. I think it wont take long until the activity will be below 1k.
new ppl join the newer worlds in much bigger numbers than old ones.
if we have 1800 right now, then just think how many inactives u have in ur own alliances let alone the people that sign up and never make over 10k.

i think its another way for grepo to influence the game how ever they want. we will never know for sure what they mean by "inactive", we will never know how many ppl are playing on each server, and they will just decide as they please if and when they want this all to go down. (maybe they dont make enuf money of worlds that are below 1k player activity.. just a thought ;) )

DeletedUser

I would actually think they get more money from the old worlds as most players left pay for the game:pro:

DeletedUser

Perhaps if Eps is upgraded to 2.0, new players will join Eps and make it a more viable world.

DeletedUser

One thing is for sure with me. I HAVEN'T SPENT ONE PENNY in this world and I WON'T in 2.0 either. I play for the enjoyment of the game and don't feel the need to spend money to try and get ahead. Really makes for an uneven playing field. I was fortunate enough i guess to build myself up with great alliance support. Too bad its more about money.

DeletedUser

LOL.

I would never have enjoyed this game if I didn't have access to features such as the administrator. I don't mind spending money on all the premium features, and as a loyal player I feel it is an obligation of mine to do the little I can do to support the developers of the game.

cheers,
enga

DeletedUser

i really didnt mind it at all with the old worlds.
but the amounts of gold i spend on 2.0 is unreal. and yes thats my own decision and u can do it without. but in 2.0 u WILL have a disadvantage if u dont pay (especially when u start from scratch). sooner or later u will all realize that. (u can cut troop building times, u can make spells last longer.. the list goes on and on..)

jack116798

Phrourach
you all have valid points but I have watched epsi drop 1k players in the last 6 months & then you factor in the inactives & you do need an end game ,
we are all just chasing ghosts & trying to find actives to rim so adding in another level might just get players active again [it might not as well] but somthing needs to be tryed to save this fun world from it's decay .

DeletedUser

If epsilon is running low on players as time goes on why not merge a similar world with similar players with epsilon that would be cool new foes and alliances to fight etc

DeletedUser6029

If epsilon is running low on players as time goes on why not merge a similar world with similar players with epsilon that would be cool new foes and alliances to fight etc

would that not still result in "starting over" ?
It would be impossible to transplant all the cities.

DeletedUser

i like the idea. just not sure HOW they would do that.

DeletedUser

would that not still result in "starting over" ?
It would be impossible to transplant all the cities.
I guess i should have specified what i meant so basically what i was getting at was wouldn't it be cool to have a similar world 1.26 obviously which is in the same predicament that has players quitting or leaving etc with similar alliances and capable players plus everyone else and throw them on a merged world together no one loses anything to fight it out maybe slip the upgrades in there somewhere not sure where or how as it was just a spur of the moment thought and then we have a new world with the upgrades on it for those who wanted them plus it helps entice new players into joining our blood baths on top of that we have new enemies which im sure will cure some boredom for players quitting or thinking about it due to what ever reasons but as always its easier said then done.