The end of eta

DeletedUser12950

Now is a reality guys, What are We going to do? what is going to happen with us? I have nothing more to say, this is really sad.

DeletedUser

Nothing we can do but move on. Sad I just got back in the game last Monday after being in VM for a month and a half only to see that Eta will be ending soon. Anyways I had fun with all of you guys, Everyone in Eta is what makes Eta the best world to play. All alliances and players here brought character and depth to this strategy game - the caliber of players here are second to none. I will miss you all, hope I come across some of you guys in another world or form of war game.
Bye!!! :)

DeletedUser21064

Its been fun guys and gals. This is the end for me, no other worlds for me.

DeletedUser

Dirk is sad
Dirk is happy to have spent time with lots of friends - even Valor!!
Dirk wishes everyone fun over the next 4 weeks
Let's keep going to the end!!

DeletedUser12950

Is really hard to deal with. A lot of battles, a lot of friends (because en Eta is what We all are, but just a few don't know it yet.:p), a lot of good times are going to finish in just 4 weeks! I don't believe it even when I was watching this bad news coming straight to our world.

What I only want to say is that We need this forum open only to us. Crossing fingers.;)

DeletedUser

Aw, the countdown has finally begun on one of the top worlds of Grepolis? I was proud to have been the mod for this world for most of 2012, I'm sad to see the countdown begin.

DeletedUser

I bet you said on all worlds you been moderating they are one of the top worlds Z Grade..

DeletedUser15336

To All ETA players,
Greetings.
It was a tremendous pleasure to play against you. As some of you know or might know me, I had been playing ETA since 1-Jan-2011, almost a year and 11 months. I have seen the big wars, transformations, unbelievable deals and agreements between Allies and Enemies.

I am proud to lead UK ( ex-KA ) for a year and half. And do with UK what a lot of people do not believe this Alliance could do. We remaining to be within the top 12 or 10 Alliance in this world. Transform from a MRA to an Independent Alliance. I know our stats are not as impressive as the top 5 Alliance, but we manage to be there.

Congratulations Again to The Steel Titans for winning the world wonders contest !!!!
Congratulations to Chaos Rising for be the Cream of the crop ( best ones !!!, ETA leaders !!!! ) !!!!
Congratulations to Valor for be the fastest to be into the top 3 Alliances in the world !!!!!
Congratulations to BLACK ARMADA for a huge resurrection and comeback into the top Alliances !!!!
Congratulations to Union of Warlords for his top fighters !!!!!!
Congratulations to Fate to support all the attacks and still be there in the top ten !!!!!
Congratulations to Dark Hunters to be an excellent Allie and support to UK !!!!!!
Congratulations to Knights Empire to be in the top 10 after a major breakdown !!!!!

Respectfully,
Kiryoz

DeletedUser32576

Hi all,

There are less then 4 weeks till Eta will be closed, so it’s time for final words.
This is my first post ever and probably will be the last. The reason is that I don’t speak too much, also my English is not good enough.
Many things happened in my personal life in the last 2,5 years (from the start of Eta), some of them were good, some bad. My mother passed away one year ago after long struggle with cancer and that was very difficult period of my life. But there were also bright moments. My 14yo son won 2 years in a row National Olympiad in Informatics and this year won gold medal in Junior Balkan Olympiad in Informatics in Ohrid, FYR Macedonia. That makes me proud father.
There is one thing which I want also to clarify. My username is BatVanio and most of you think that derived from “Batman”, even many of you called me batman in the game forums, no problem for me. So it’s time to reveal the truth. The word “bat” in my native language (Bulgarian) is short form of “batko” which means “brother”, similar as English “bro”, it doesn’t mean bat as animal. “Bat” or also “Bai” in Bulgaria is used sometimes when you talk to older man, who you respect (so, at least I’m 45yo). Vanio is another form of my birth name – Ivan. So translated to English BatVanio=”bro Ivan”. Of course it’s written in english alphabet, because if I write in cyrillic alphabet (used in Bulgaria) will be not readable for many of you.
Grepolis (Eta world) is the first game I have played so long, more then two and half years. I have played many MMO strategies before. I’d been playing since the start of Eta world. I have met many people here from all over the world. Some of them were good (as persons and players), some were not. I will not mention personally anyone in order do not offend someone. I’m proud that there are players who I can call friend of mine after so long time of playing together. It was fun and pleasure for me to play with (or against) many of you. Hope I did not offend someone, at least tried to be polite.
I wish you to be in good health (most important thing IMHO), to respect all people and to have a good time, playing or doing what ever you want.
All the best!
Regards,
BatVanio

DeletedUser

I bet you said on all worlds you been moderating they are one of the top worlds Z Grade..

Both the worlds I modded that are approaching their deathbed are two of the best worlds Grepolis ever had, Gamma and Eta.

Naxos seems okay, but the forum's dead-ish, and Hyperborea...well, yeah.

DeletedUser12950

I was thinking that if Eta is going to end maybe this forum must keep alive at least. We can make reunions every month, I don't know if you like guys, but the idea is to keep up with our usual crazy talk as usual. Maybe it'll going to be hard at the beginning to understand that this world is over and many of our friends won't be around anymore, but at the end of the day It'd be something natural for us to keep up with our RL and maybe we will forget that this amazing tale actually happened.

This is what I want to propose ppl. Is going to be hard for me to simply say good bye, I don't want to yet, and you?

DeletedUser31450

I stopped playing eta a while ago and i still went on the forums once every 2 days.
I play now in Cluster Storms account.

DeletedUser9267

Hi all,

There are less then 4 weeks till Eta will be closed, so it’s time for final words.
This is my first post ever and probably will be the last. The reason is that I don’t speak too much, also my English is not good enough.
Many things happened in my personal life in the last 2,5 years (from the start of Eta), some of them were good, some bad. My mother passed away one year ago after long struggle with cancer and that was very difficult period of my life. But there were also bright moments. My 14yo son won 2 years in a row National Olympiad in Informatics and this year won gold medal in Junior Balkan Olympiad in Informatics in Ohrid, FYR Macedonia. That makes me proud father.
There is one thing which I want also to clarify. My username is BatVanio and most of you think that derived from “Batman”, even many of you called me batman in the game forums, no problem for me. So it’s time to reveal the truth. The word “bat” in my native language (Bulgarian) is short form of “batko” which means “brother”, similar as English “bro”, it doesn’t mean bat as animal. “Bat” or also “Bai” in Bulgaria is used sometimes when you talk to older man, who you respect (so, at least I’m 45yo). Vanio is another form of my birth name – Ivan. So translated to English BatVanio=”bro Ivan”. Of course it’s written in english alphabet, because if I write in cyrillic alphabet (used in Bulgaria) will be not readable for many of you.
Grepolis (Eta world) is the first game I have played so long, more then two and half years. I have played many MMO strategies before. I’d been playing since the start of Eta world. I have met many people here from all over the world. Some of them were good (as persons and players), some were not. I will not mention personally anyone in order do not offend someone. I’m proud that there are players who I can call friend of mine after so long time of playing together. It was fun and pleasure for me to play with (or against) many of you. Hope I did not offend someone, at least tried to be polite.
I wish you to be in good health (most important thing IMHO), to respect all people and to have a good time, playing or doing what ever you want.
All the best!
Regards,
BatVanio

BatVanio, you are a gentleman, I am glad I met you even though we did not speak that much.
All the best to you and yours in RL.

Komagos(Kostas)

P.S. There is a funny story about you that stuck with me. Here is the short version. A certain someone at some point called you batgirl, next thing he was down a couple of towns...I laughed hard when he told me.

DeletedUser

Hi all,

All the best!
Regards,
BatVanio

All Ivans are great people..

DeletedUser15946

Guys... I talked too much when I didn't have to, but now that I should... I can only say good luck and
thank you on 2 great years. I won't forget you.But I will also never play game as grepolis again.
Good bye :)

DeletedUser

I'm glad I played in eta,It was great fun while it lasted and it's sad to see it coming to an end :(
It was good getting to know people here,friends and enemies alike made it a great experience and I loved reading this forum even though I didn't contribute much to it myself.
I wish you all good luck for the future :)