The Fall and Sack of Invicta

• Thread starter DeletedUser54775
  • Start date

Silver Witch

Strategos
Duplicate double posting is the problem.

It is only after world wonders were the true skill and strategic thinking takes place. Some of the best and most epic battles take place during this place.

How can that be if half the world has left?

This is your one sided thinking. Yes of course you can have fun but your opponents are limited - how can it be more epic to play when there is only a handful left? How can you even judge that when you didnt fight before WW.

Maybe ask Hurricane he did both.

Leave the troll alone....he is lonely and you just feed him.

Soooo true - :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54775

It really does not show well that as moderator and key member of the Empire you engage in double posting. I guess it just makes obvious the arrogance and impunity of those who have been given preferential treatment.

Post World Wonders era can be more epic in so many levels. Usually the gold users leave in droves. The ones left are the true dry hard Grepolis players. It is not about quantity but quality. You also have some guys thinking hard how the beat and bust the world wonder islands.

Many battles and skirmishes are one versus one combat. Do or Die kind of battles. I have so much fun in this part of the game.

But once again, it is only for those with select taste for a more sophisticated Grepolis than pure brute force and vulgar amalgamation of huge groups of people.

Silver Witch

Strategos
Yep I'm with Ray here.

You are boasting about taking inactives. You are spamming from ocean 9. This is not epic. Taking inactives is a good strategy to get a base but in this case a base for what? Theres no benefit in penetrating Invictas core when most are no longer there, when our ghosts broke all the WW for you.

I know Invicta has a few left that fight you - thats great for a bit of fun but theres nothing to boast about.

I also dont think im double posting - lol im following the conversation theme!

DeletedUser54775

We are boasting about really epic battles with Nocturnos and the Toons, and also the submission of supreme Invicta leader TJ Kanniben.

If there is no benefit in coming into Invicta heartland, then why are you defending it?

I only have ONE city in ocean 9 WITH NO LS. This tells me that you are really annoyed since you are inventing....are you?
Once I am more settled in ocean 9, then I will "Katusha" you with love and affection, since you seem to be asking for it. Get ready for the rain of long-range attacks.

DeletedUser54192

Once I am more settled in ocean 9, then I will "Katusha" you with love and affection, since you seem to be asking for it. Get ready for the rain of long-range attacks.
So you are threatening to spam a player in-game because they disagree with you? I'm not sure this is something to proudly announce on the forums in front of everyone (although at least it shows everyone the way in which you handle disagreements).

Silver Witch

Strategos
Ok no i dont invent spam - it isnt you but i assume you are all working together now. Its a toon member but since the original toons did not flee to ocean 9 it must be a former Black Sails. 150 attacks with a tt of 30 hrs or so. Seriously its a cowards way to play. In this case they seem to have followed up 2 cities where i hadnt dodged ls so at least they are looking at the reports i guess. I did wonder if it was a cover for a couple revolts but no one actually followed them up as soon as i defended.

And spam away - that is not a way I have ever played but if you want to spam someone who isnt even there be my guest. I wouldnt spam back - honestly there is no honour in it. If I were playing I would op you in retaliation or find another way. Spam destroys this game. It destroys players lives and enjoyment and for what? Either no purpose or a way to take a city without skill in the fallout. Is that part of your epic play? Maybe we define 'epic' differently!

And actually i'm not defending the core really - if i were you wouldnt have all those cities. Its not difficult to take ghosts and players like TJ would have handed off if we asked. I vaguely defend my own, if im on i would help anyone that asked its just that i am actually pretty useless - i play to win mate - we won. I stayed to defend and the ghosts broke the ww. Cant see the point of the time investment now. I love the freedom actually. This is the first time in over 4 years ive actually simmed for a long period. I LOVE IT.

0ZZZ

Phrourach
Ok no i dont invent spam - it isnt you but i assume .......

1) "spam"
Which definition of spam are you using?
The useless one?
"Any attack I do not like that is bad when other people do it but ok when I some times do it because (paste hypocritical excuse here)."

Or the one that does not include almost every type of attack in the game depending on who you talk to?
"Any thing sent at you in mass with the sole purpose of clogging up your notifications and or locking you out of game in the hopes of causing you grief."
Usually as some response to some perceived slight or seeking a tactical edge.
But there are some people that are just &^%#s and they will spam you just cause they can.

REFRENCE :
A clean definition of spam has been provided using the etymology of the word instead of some ones "feels" or subjective agenda to suppress any behavior they do not like.
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index...t-us-begin-the-conversation-here.61861/page-6

NOTE
: I will add to (by editing) my post after she is given the opportunity to answer my question.
When possible I find it better to ask a question than play the fool and assume.
For clarity's sake It would be wise for you to follow suit so your response's to me will be right below.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Well in this case i was referring to an 11 ls attack on all my cities - over 150. The attacks were from ocean 9 with an average 30 hrs tt. To me thats spam - im not complaining I mentioned it to make a point. Spamming is not against the rules as we are all aware.

That would be the first definition then . By having such a wide definition you effectively end up with no definition.
You were not spammed you were strafed, and specifically you were long range strafed.
It has a name that can be found in the dictionary.

1) Straifing's first use was to label a fighter plane tactic of flying low over an earth bound target shooting at it with a light caliber cannon while zooming past. The definition was later extended to include, launching a quick small boat at a target to do the same thing. Drive by quick hit the target n go.

2) In game standard strafing is done by a small quantity of light ships sent out to smack several harbors quickly, attempting to sink a portion of light ships in their harbor before they can use them.
A skilled straifer can often attain a 10 to 1 BP ratio because of it's low risk to moderate gain potential, It can also hinder production and fast deployment of enemy ships because their harbors become unsafe.

3)Ranged straifing uses long distance to accomplish what short range straifing does.
Short range hits the harbor often before they can react. Long range depends on the situation changing from the point the alarm goes off to the actual hit causing many losses.

4)Large scale straifing is an effective way for a small group to combat a larger group.
It turns the normal positive of being in a large herd for protection against them.
The large number of targets is what makes it profitable and increases the value gain per light ship far beyond what would normally be attainable for a smaller group.
It is impossible to have your buddies stack a bir wall up in front of every hit like you do against larger fleets of light ships.

This type of combat is not very effective against an opponent that is built to defend against it nor one with too few of targets.
Simply put this is not an effective tactic for your large guild to employ, but it is effective for your smaller opponents to employ against you.

You have had this explained before.
This is not comparable to repeatedly sending 1 slinger at a time as support to a city to lag/lock it up.
This is not comparable to sending a thousand 1K spies to a cave to lag/lock your opponent up
This is not comparable to sending multiple minimal attacks to a single target to lag/lock them up.
This is not comparable to any assault designed to lag/lock an opponent up.
It creates far less lag then when a large guild like your's sends hundreds of attacks to one or more cities on a standard OP.

And if launched in one sitting it is not comparable to the dubious behavior of PINGING,
that some inaccurately label SPAM. They are not one and the same, and neither is strafing.

If an attack is not sent for the main purpose to Lag, Lock, or annoy, it aint spam, with the possible exception of many distraction attacks. But potential distraction is always a part of effective combat
So it would not be easy to draw the line there like it is with the others.

When you call strafing spam you are being deceptive, or at least inaccurate by including it with a group of assaults it simply does not belong with.

Your purpose appears to be, to group strafing with spamming/pinging to demonize your opponent and seek some sort of moral superiority.
I would hope your simply guilty of careless use of a powerful accusation like SPAM,
With no purposeful intention of malice or deception?

When I am done adding, I will post my quote and go back to watching the peanut gallery flap their gums, occasionally words of wisdom do fall out.

Last edited:

Silver Witch

Strategos
1) "spam"
Which definition of spam are you using?

Well in this case i was referring to an 11 ls attack on all my cities - over 150. The attacks were from ocean 9 with an average 30 hrs tt. To me thats spam - im not complaining I mentioned it to make a point. Spamming is not against the rules as we are all aware.

DeletedUser54775

I was away in India and China for a couple of weeks. I missed all of you. I would referred to those attack as Long Range Attacks.
In my opinion, @0ZZZ is a genius. He has devised very intelligent strategies and institutional arrangements that have proven to defy and defeat the Empire.
He is one example of the people who are developing the culture of the game by creating new innovative ways to resit these evil conglomerates that rely on big numbers. Of course, you do not like it, and use negative language, but oh man, has he really give you a headache.

DeletedUser41523

I too like to brag about beating opponents who stopped caring about the world a year ago.

DeletedUser54775

I too like to brag about beating opponents who stopped caring about the world a year ago.
Oh...they do care...they are defending their cities...golding walls...and golding biremes...but they are losing anyway.....
...we are enjoying...hunting their yummy bp and cities...just the bare necessities of grepolife....guys..come and enjoy the produce of NOOBVicta...it is here for you to take as they suck at defending....

DeletedUser50990

1) "spam"
3)Ranged straifing

4)Large scale straifing

This is not comparable to sending multiple minimal attacks to a single target to lag/lock them up.
This is not comparable to any assault designed to lag/lock an opponent up.

If an attack is not sent for the main purpose to Lag, Lock, or annoy, it aint spam
you clarify the differences well. but really the only difference is intention. why should intention make it any different if the results are still the same?

besides, on cary, you waited til we were filling wonders to actually spam, according to your definition, our bigger contributors. it did in fact lag and lock out at least one of our top players from contributing to ww filling, maybe others too, not sure. maybe you can justify other actions from o09 throughout the server as straifing, but it does actually annoy at the very least, if not lag/lock. so if the results are still the same, why does the intention you decide to label each action in particular with make any difference?

furthermore, (apart from annoying) lagging and locking someone else's computer/game play is not in the spirit of fair competition. i think we can all agree, its cheating the system. even if the game makers have not figured out a way to fix the issue, it is still cheating to knowingly exploit it.

what i see from you is you trying to justify your cheating the system by telling us about other things you do that isn't exactly cheating. maybe i'm wrong and you play it straight, but that is not how it looks.

DeletedUser41523

Oh...they do care...they are defending their cities...golding walls...and golding biremes...but they are losing anyway.....
...we are enjoying...hunting their yummy bp and cities...just the bare necessities of grepolife....guys..come and enjoy the produce of NOOBVicta...it is here for you to take as they suck at defending....

Congrats a few people of an otherwise larger alliance are invested in defending their towns. You're not actually beating them as a whole though. They're all in En110 now and won Istros prior. So...Its not really an achievement. Nobody cares if you even out the score a year after the world wonders ended.

DeletedUser54775

you clarify the differences well. but really the only difference is intention. why should intention make it any different if the results are still the same?

besides, on cary, you waited til we were filling wonders to actually spam, according to your definition, our bigger contributors. it did in fact lag and lock out at least one of our top players from contributing to ww filling, maybe others too, not sure. maybe you can justify other actions from o09 throughout the server as straifing, but it does actually annoy at the very least, if not lag/lock. so if the results are still the same, why does the intention you decide to label each action in particular with make any difference?

furthermore, (apart from annoying) lagging and locking someone else's computer/game play is not in the spirit of fair competition. i think we can all agree, its cheating the system. even if the game makers have not figured out a way to fix the issue, it is still cheating to knowingly exploit it.

what i see from you is you trying to justify your cheating the system by telling us about other things you do that isn't exactly cheating. maybe i'm wrong and you play it straight, but that is not how it looks.
He is not cheating the system. You are upset because you have not found a way to deal with his intelligent tactics. He reaps points and information a galore from you and you can not deal with him. Thus, the only way left for you is to start a smear campaign trying to delegitimize him and his approach.

DeletedUser50990

He is not cheating the system. You are upset because you have not found a way to deal with his intelligent tactics. He reaps points and information a galore from you and you can not deal with him. Thus, the only way left for you is to start a smear campaign trying to delegitimize him and his approach.
we still won. he failed.

DeletedUser54775

we still won. he failed.
Lets look at the words: ...."WE"....."HE"....
uhm...are you not embarrassed? .... one guys makes you look like fools and you can not subdue him....
how is possible that ONE guys raids you and you can not even make a dent on him in the game...but come running here...crying and weeping...