Milestones The fall of a Giant

DeletedUser

It's not breaking news anymore, but Illuminati, one of the greatest, oldest and most respected alliances of gamma has called it a day.

The end of this great alliance didn't come because of bad choices, but rather because of the nature of the game itself.
Many will have different opinions about what makes a great alliance and what is considered as success or not.

Some players will argue that outliving the others is a bigger success. Some others believe that what counts is the way the alliance lived it's gamma "life".

Myself, i stand on the second camp. I believe in a game within the normality, mortality and natural limits.
I group players into three big categories.

"Mortal warriors"
a player who sleeps, loses cities when spending time with family in the park, doesn't log for a day or two if he/she is exhausted from exams or work. A player who fits the game within his life needs and not the other way round. These player's "life expectancy" in the game is on most occasions limited. Within two year, such players will go through one or a bunch of those game-defining events in their life: losing a job, getting a second job, getting a new child, a family tragedy, preparing to graduate, preparing to enter university, his friends in game have left or in most occasion the game becomes a daily routine where it's simply no more fun.

"Virtual beings"
a player who takes the game too far, by integrating the game to fit every second of his non-essential RL time. Lunch breaks, at work waiting for an e-mail to be sent, on iphone in the metro or bus, in a traffic light or even while driving. while kids are running in the park, waiting for the meal to arrive, etc. etc. These type of players have made the game a very important mission of their life and will grow faster, become stronger and bigger and eventually will stay in the game till they achieve "victory"

zombies

a player who would play the game for reasons i am not too clear of. The type of player who would grow in safe areas and grow and grow and grow. the kind who have played for two years and have less than 50k ABP. the kind who patiently replace losses with any inactive or abandoned city and stay under the radar always. the kind who don't care which alliance they are in, as long as it gives an umbrella. This type, will always be in the game for a very long time. unknown, forgettable, anonymous .

Illuminati was one of those mortal alliances. When such an alliance achieves what they did and be remembered the way they will be, with a group of "mortals", it's in my opinion a greater achievement.
They will be remembered as "elite", "fierce", "killers", "awesome", "respectful" and most importantly, the alliance that deep inside you always envied.

As such, i believe that whether foe or friend, one would have to be a quarter-decent player to celebrate, belittle or mock the fall of this giant

Farewell, Illuminati

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3613

Well said klev and well played Illum :)

You put on one hell of a good show (bow)

DeletedUser16429

Illum put up on hell of a fight with GH.

Any who can stand up against the top alliance and say "We are not scared of you", deserves this kind of farewell.

Great job Klev

DeletedUser

I don't play Gamma anymore, but when I did, I thought The Illuminati were the best and were going to win. It's a shame to see them go out.

DeletedUser

I have to agree , sad to see them go along with Fusion only 2 alliances left in Gamma of any note !!

DeletedUser20053

Well played Illuminati. I've always had great respect for your alliance, sad to see you go.

DeletedUser

Kudos to Illuminati to end it on their own term. I always admired Illuminati and tried to lead my alliance similar to Illuminati ways. Illuminati was never close to our ocean so we never get chance to cross sword. I always wished to fight against player like dyames and alliance with leadership like chris. Chris was a the leader whom I admired most in gamma. Always ready to help and answer my question about leadership and teamwork.

More the time passes more it become clear that there is no end game planned for these old worlds. In last couple of months game was getting so boring. No worthy competitor and with presence of so many ghost town, game was not going anywhere. You conquer a city from opponent and he will conquer a ghost town. Easiest way to make it more competitive is to increase speed of game, make it easier to gain CP and BP.

Anyway, sorry that I digress from the topic.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

Trying to start this back up...

I think TI were "Virtual Beings" much like what is now left of Gamma...the time came when they couldn't keep it up or did not want to keep up with the game in such a fashion and, being a close alliance, I think the leaving of one or two great players sparked the mass quit (along with other things which we cannot discuss on forums).

There's no shame in this fact, almost everyone left in Gamma is now a "Virtual Being" or they would no longer be here.

DeletedUser

Sorry to here about this. The Illuminati players were some of the best guys i've met on Grepo! All the best in the future.

DeletedUser3613

chris is a forum mod tommy you noob :p he is easily distinguishable by his funny red glow instead of the lesser spotted ingame mod that has a funny yellow glow ;)

DeletedUser

chris is a forum mod tommy you noob :p he is easily distinguishable by his funny red glow instead of the lesser spotted ingame mod that has a funny yellow glow ;)

knowing daz, i have to say he was not intending to say "look, i'm a forum mod now"
:)