The Future of Hero Worlds Discussion Thread

DeletedUser21889

same as above,for my voice im also against implementing ww era or any type of end game,many in it has invested gold and alot of time to settings you guyz started and to move the goalposts now at this stage would be bang out of order

DeletedUser

Maybe this was just a ploy to get us active again...I see lots of faces I haven't seen before

BTW...A blast was sent by my allliance to all players on achilles we are declaring a ceasefire on all players until this is resolved...i think with only one exception - nobody is attacking us....I received many letters agreeing with this stance

oddly enough i liken this to Reagan's speech to the United Nations when he stated how quickly all the world's governments would unite together if a force not-of-this world threatened the Earth. The players were able to put aside their conflict to unite on a common cause.

DeletedUser47129

HE he he...Reagan EH! There surely is dark forces at work here.

DeletedUser5792

Aside from relaying people's opinions I have nothing to do with implementing ideas. However some people think us mods are the ones responsible for game changes. As for the letting in new players suggestion, that is gonna happen with this change. New players will be able to join the two existing Hero Worlds and you'll be able to invite your friends to join them as well. This should bring up the active player count in both worlds so as to keep them from dropping below 300 and closing for a while yet. Granted this is assuming people want to join worlds as far along as the Hero Worlds are.

INVITE FRIENDS?? Where? Do you not understand that EVERY farm laden island has every spot occupied? Oh I get it...we can invite friends to start on the rim. That makes sense. NOT!

DeletedUser

Fellow Grepoholics,

I have just been speaking to an Innogame representative on facebook and from their response it's clear that they will not change their decision (I will post the responses below). Now it's time for the players to decide how they want to proceed. There are only 4 outcomes that come to my mind:

1. No one builds a WW and the things remain the same. At the same time we show this company that we do not take dictations.
2. Two groups form on the server one trying to build wonders and the other doing what it can to break them.
3. We forget that this is a war game and settle our scores by simming. This will see players quit in rapid successions those who are left will leave immediately after one of the alliances make the four wonders and the server dies. (As has happened so many times before, the outcome Inno is expecting)
4. Most player just leave and the server is dead anyways, thus Innogames achieving it's ultimate goal but without making any further profits.

I will personally delete my account unless we decide on option 1 and might stick around if it's culmenates that we are heading for option 2. Either way, Innogames has once again played an effective part is running this game for me and many others, I made the mistake of coming back once but not going to happen again.

My fellow grepoholics I hope that we can set aside the rivalries to come to a decision and get back to playing the game we really enjoy.

Regards,

NKH

Responce from Innogames

NKH:
It would be appreciated if one of the decision makers at Inno come along to the Grepolis forum and defend their decision to introduce World Wonders to the Hero Worlds that too against the wishes of its customers. The same customers who bring money to this company. Have the decency to actually address the concerns of your paying customers rather than hiding behind unpaid moderators. Have some regard for the people who actually made your company to what it is now... YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

InnoGames:
Hello, we want our games to be fun for everyone, both paying and not paying players. Also, we are always open for feedback and ideas from our players out there. The decision making is not done by one single person, every topic is discussed both internally in the game team as well as in the community. We are glad that we were able to implement a lot of cool and well liked features in the past and will be able to go on with that in the future, but like in many other things in life people´s ideas and wishes vary.

NKH:
Well sadly this time the community, i.e. your customers, were not a part of a decision. I understand that you are running a business and maintaining profits is a top priority.

At this point I do not care about what happens to the game but what this company seems to lack is public relations. Dictating the customers is not a good way of running the business. One expects that the company they are paying to would atleast give some regard to the opinion of its customers.

As for varying ideas and wishes it's clear that the only wishes that matter are those of the company and the same goes for ideas.

InnoGames:
We are sorry that you are disappointed, but in the same time we always have to consider different opinions from different players. In giving you the chance to post and discuss your views in the game forums, we actually give regard to your opinion. Still, being a company with 120 million registered players, it is not always possible to fully satisfy every single one of them when we make decisions as a professional company. We hope that you will find the upcoming features more appealing. Have a nice day.

NKH:
I would agree to this statement if the players that were being affected by this decision were actually consulted. That never happened. As for the upcoming features, I like many others will not become a part of those.

DeletedUser

Or we can do a massive free for all, no alliances so no WW can begin.

People can still support each other - mailing lists can still be used, just no actual alliances.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25249

Inno guy
We are glad that we were able to implement a lot of cool and well liked features in the past and will be able to go on with that in the future, but like in many other things in life people´s ideas and wishes vary.

Name 1...lol

DeletedUser

go to inno-games facebook and weigh in..the more noise we make - the hard it is to ignore

https://www.facebook.com/InnoGames?fref=ts

I am asking all players to message me if they will agree to NOT build WWs. Someone might send a letter to see if we can get the top 100 players to agree to this - however even a player with one city - under siege - with 1 minute left is still a voice that should not be overlooked

Post below one of these two choicies

a - I am ranked number xxx and I will not participate in building world wonders ...or
b - I am a rat fink and will do what i want to do - just joking I like the concept of WWs and will participate in WW development

DeletedUser

We ask for one, single, solitary world where there is no endgame agenda. I came to Achilles precisely because it was a horrid waste of time and effort (and yes, money,) to start up on a world where the end was already on the horizon. If they figure out how to end the Hero World even if no one builds WWs, I will simply move on to another game. Let another company get whatever money I decide to spend ... where at least I know it will be spent on my terms and my progress cannot be jerked out from under me on a whim.

If they want new player start-up money spent on Achilles, they only need change the entry requirements. Simple.

DeletedUser

I am ranked number 5 and will not participate in building world wonders - clivestraddle
beinian ranked 9 i will not support WW not participate and ill attack anyone trying to make a WW

I am ranked 200 and will not participate in building or supporting WW - Waynithaca

I am ranked number 279 and will not participate in building world wonders - klutchsmaster

DeletedUser47128

I am ranked number 279 and will not participate in building world wonders - klutchsmaster

DeletedUser44027

Lol, mate. In a world with less than 600 active players, that's not exactly something you want to run around proclaiming :/

In any case, I feel that this new feature is a bit of a betrayal to hero world players. They whole point of them is that they're elite (didn't really happen) and that they don't have an endgame... Well, this kind of screws with the entire concept

DeletedUser

beinian ranked 9 i will not support WW not participate and ill attack anyone trying to make a WW

DeletedUser47129

I am ranked 200 and will not participate in building or supporting WW - Waynithaca

DeletedUser

I am ranked number 5 and will not participate in building world wonders - clivestraddle
I am rank 33 and I will not be building any ww. - Hasan Naqvi
I'm ranked 67 and WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT participate in anything to do with WW's - NKH1945

DeletedUser

I'm ranked 6? (not in the game cannot remember) and WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT participate in anything to do with WW's - NKH1945

DeletedUser23986

I am rank 33 and I will not be building any ww.

If any alliance decides to build them, I will also bombard the cities of its founders with enough spies to crash their browsers for good. If we all do that at same time, we may as well crash the server.

DeletedUser

I am rank 33 and I will not be building any ww. - Hasan Naqvi
I'm ranked 67 and WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT participate in anything to do with WW's - NKH1945

DeletedUser21889

None of us here are newbies hence the world we are in,we need not a descussion about these said changes as only move to be made is let them put in ww era and then we ignore,we have the power to keep world way we want it as long as all alliances are reading from same hym sheet,some alliances here could go against this and end world within weeks but this aint the settings all players here signed up for so question for the main leaders of this world and its not grepo who runs it,do you want it ended or not???? The decisions in your hands now