The Future of Hero Worlds Discussion Thread

DeletedUser41523

I see the advantages and drawbacks.

I'm sorry for the players who feel screwed. I agree that we need to end WW and keep world production down.

Inno should abandon the WW's or even the end game. There is no accurate way to assess the best alliance, so why name some random alliance the winner? Is it fair to declare a team a winner that might not have decisively won?

I mean, most disbands? What if someone just crushed teams into disbanding?

Most conquests for gain? I guess that's an okay way to asses things, but not really.

Most cities owned? Could just found cities.

Sum of points and total BP? What if someone was 4 in ABP, 1 in points, and 1 in DBP and just so happened to win? Some might question if that's the best team in the world.

World Wonders certainly don't do it and its even harder to assess with a medium sized world cap on some worlds and worlds being spammed.

So I submit that we should abandon world winners. It really has turned Grepo from what it once was, which was just a game of ranks, war, and survival. It was an adventure to see what would happen and where you would end up. Who would rise immediately and who would fall just as fast. It was a bit like creating the history of a world as I always look back and see who the early powers were and who rose to take their place.

Can we just have that back? Please? You close the worlds at 300 players regardless and lets be honest, nobody joins old worlds. Not at a rate fast enough to stop it from starting the count down.

temple66

Phrourach
Simple and to the point, WW suck. They can stick the WW where the sun doesn't shine. I always thought that WW were a stupid idea and I haven't changed my mind.

DeletedUser25607

If most of people (and biggest alliances) in hero Worlds don't like Wonders - just don't build Wonders. Make an agreement concerning it, trade cities on islands which are close to become a Wonders Islands so, that no alliance could start building Wonders. If some small alliance starts - take cities on that island and destroy that alliance.

Inno made it's part, introducing Wonders in every world - but players are able make their move, refusing build them. :)

DeletedUser23986

well, we don't want hero worlds to be closed to new players, nor do i want to lose the extra 50 favor cap i have on hero world!

DeletedUser

Mate, that is a horrible idea. It would be just as counter productive as just letting things be.

Well, how else do you think you'd avoid wonders?
You can't give people a list of what they want - then when they come up with something, just shoot it down.

Inno are adamant about this - you can mass-ghost, disband alliances and just keep spoken word agreements or just not build ww, and let Achilles slowly dwindle below the player threshold. If I can't try to help - I'll stop trying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In my opinion, this can only be about revenue. Even the most ardent GOLD players stop spending once they reach a certain size in city and points count. The world is saturated with huge players not depositing money. This company is showing it's true colours like Apple, Microsoft etc, in wanting to fleece it's customers.

I am certainly not a defeatist, but I cannot see any course of action that will be effective in influencing this company's policy except the complete boycott of buying gold on ALL worlds......

I like many players spend when starting on a new world to get quickly established, however with immediate effect, I will not deposit a single cent until we are listened to.

Aries171717 - CIC RockanRollas 2

DeletedUser47128

In my opinion, this can only be about revenue. Even the most ardent GOLD players stop spending once they reach a certain size in city and points count. The world is saturated with huge players not depositing money. This company is showing it's true colours like Apple, Microsoft etc, in wanting to fleece it's customers.

I am certainly not a defeatist, but I cannot see any course of action that will be effective in influencing this company's policy except the complete boycott of buying gold on ALL worlds......

I like many players spend when starting on a new world to get quickly established, however with immediate effect, I will not deposit a single cent until we are listened to.

Aries171717 - CIC RockanRollas 2

This would would most definitely work if every player would be willing not to buy gold.

Sternoff

Phrourach
I think with non-ending worlds are better. WW worlds have people stop playing altogether after all 7 wonders are built. As is, we all made friends in these worlds, and closing worlds down also break the friendship up.There could be better solutions like goals and rewards for capturing all of your enemies's cities, and reward for taken back all of your cities that you lost. The WW worlds is not really working out right as things go by quickly, and some smaller players are having troubles catching up.

DeletedUser42857

So new worlds will have

1) Hero's
and
2) all the feature of "Hero Worlds", extra goddess (including the Purification spell that kills all negative spells on an attack), extra mythical creatures, extra academy research (which includes things like 10% bp bonus, shorter festivals etc)

While that will be positive for new worlds, again, it creates a churn of people leaving old worlds to try out the new features.

More people in a new world for inno, more gold.. yadda yadda

(on a side note, the purification spell is just stupid.. hate it)

DeletedUser

told you all it's like talking to a wall. they don't care about one world they did the same with the old worlds. 8 worlds of players all expressed the same anger you are all expressing now and did they listen? nope just did what they wanted and said f to the players.

DeletedUser

You like building from scratch over and over and over again? You build, become strong, and it all ends. You make friends in alliances and at the end you part ways. Looks like an exercise in futility. I've stayed on because of the HW I've been on for 4/5 years. Played in other worlds and they've closed. I'll leave Grepolis the day WWs are introduced in the HW I'm playing in.
I believe I said to remove ww forever, so no, that's not what I want.

DeletedUser21774

World Wonder may be an endgame feature but they don't end the world. If an alliance builds all 7 they world doesn't start a closing countdown. The countdown only starts when a world drops below 300 active players. The hero worlds are getting these changes because they have constantly been losing players and keeping the servers open forever would just cost inno an unreasonable amount of money. Inno is a company and they need to make decisions based on that so they implemented changes to a world system that was not working to allow for them to close eventually. So long as the Hero Worlds stay above 300 actives they won't close, same as any other world.

Every company has a product that is a loss leader - either to bring people into the market, or because it is a favorite. I think me and the others spend enough gold on grepolis to fund a few hero worlds.

Just don't open new ones, and never lock people out of the old ones. As people quit and new people enter, they can hope to get recruited into one of the alliances.

Be more RESILIENT Inno-Games!
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

Rael II

Phrourach
I've played grepo for a good few years and I do not like this endgame of WWs at all. I do agree with some of the comments here and so will not repeat what has already been said.

To draw a little interest from players who likes the WWs in hero worlds then why don't innogames apply it each year but with no endgame, say like a championship? If alliances/players want to fight over the WWs then let them but not if it means ending the world. Then it does not affect any alliance/player who does not like the WWs. Does this sound more appealing?

I will quit playing Grepo if this WW endgame enters Achilles. It will be a a very sad day if that happens because I've made some great friends and some annoying enemies that kept the game alive for me.

Rael :(

DeletedUser

Artemis - Aim of the Huntress

I am worried that the retention “Aim of the Huntress” (Artemis divine power), to enhance ranged catapult attacks , will create an imbalance in favour of the attacker who can use it at cost of 100 favour points in addition to hitting the wall with Poseidon’s earthquake. (350 favour points). It was probably acceptable where players started Hero Worlds with 3 cities but now that will be reduced to one city it will mean that the wall can be reduced with ease.

Founder of The Turtles Deserve Thicker Shells Society :D

Edit: grammar

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

we need walls to be maxed at level 15, and offensive stats to be boosted all-round, this spell is a slight step in the right direction.

DeletedUser

we need walls to be maxed at level 15, and offensive stats to be boosted all-round, this spell is a slight step in the right direction.

I don't agree. I believe that the wall should remain at a maximum of level 25 with the bonuses that are available at present

DeletedUser43592

Hey, mate! Do not blame the server and developers. Better learn to attack. All that was implemented in the game in the last 12 months favors attack. I would like to see how you're doing on defense. Then you ask wall 30.