The Future of Hero Worlds Discussion Thread

DeletedUser47118

It costs money for a server to operate and those costs are offset by premium players buying gold on said server. At some point the amount of gold being bought on a server no longer offsets the costs incurred running it hence the 300 active player count minimum.

Thats total rubbish... are you telling me that the amount of money the players of Achilles have already put in over the years havnt paid for the electricity required to keep the Achilles server computers running, as well as the wages of the people that are suppose to be working for their customers? For you to say its not profitable once its setup, what a load of junk! All you are doing is back stabbing us and stealing from us directly! We entered this world because it has no wonders specifically designed by you and implemented by your company. The day i signed into Achilles is the day i signed the contract with you that this is the way it will stay for us Achilles players. We loyal customers have invested years of time into creating monster fighter accounts and now all of sudden you think you can just turn around and screw us? As for your response about world closure, everyone knows that once crowns are handed out that all interest in a world diminishes instantly! How long did Phi stay open for once we took the achievements out? Do your research! I was disgusted then of such a loss of my time and life, and im more than disgusted now that your going to do it to us again!!! Besides the fact that ive done my time in wonder worlds, i have my crown, i have my victor of the world, i have my master of the world, and i have no wish to go through the nonsense required to gain achievements ive already earned! Do you actually think building them is suppose to be fun for us? Pffffft! Ive worked bloody hard to earn and maintain my number 2 fighter position in Achilles, you have no right to make these changes so late in the hero worlds and create such a waste of time for all of us that compete there! The day the server drops under 300 than close it, theres the end game. In the mean time reopen the hero world to other players, start them with 50 cities for all i care and give them a fighting chance to compete with us. Its all about battle strategy , BP collection, world war... not sitting on our arses farming resources for some stupid event that spells the end of all our efforts. I will never build a wonder in Achilles and any alliance that does ill do my utmost best to personally farm them from across the world map. This whole proposal sux, and this discussion should not even have to happen! Ive never come into this official forum cause i got better things to do with my time, but youll damn well hear from me over this rubbish being imposed on us because ive spent years there having fun playing grepolis for what it should be... not what innogames believes it should be! Its unfair, its inconsiderate, its disappointing, its outrageous, its theft, its lying to your clients, and its worth a riot and mutiny over it! To hell with world wonders! Anyone that believes this game has millions of players is kidding themselves, most of them are multi accounters or people that have no real intention of playing this game properly or for what it really is. There is nothing wrong with the activity level of Achilles and there never has been! Give us a bloody break and leave us alone! As for giving wonder worlds our extra abilities like Artemis, larger population and production ect... than share it out if you have to, but leave us in the hero world to do what we do best!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

It is a sad fact that although I am on the same side as willboss on the Hero World issue, barely a word in that wall of rant made any sense at all.

DeletedUser

Thats total rubbish... are you telling me that the amount of money the players of Achilles have already put in over the years havnt paid for the electricity required to keep the Achilles server computers running, as well as the wages of the people that are suppose to be working for their customers?

It's very unlikely. Running a server creates a substantial overhead cost which is ongoing. There are all sorts of other factors to take into consideration too, simply regarding the running of a server. (Which I have no intention of discussing.)

stealing from us directly!

False. You are paying for the premium advisers which you are receiving the benefit of.

The day i signed into Achilles is the day i signed the contract with you that this is the way it will stay for us

No, you didn't. There is absolutely nothing stated anywhere that promises that the game will stay the same from start to finish. The Terms and Conditions (that you accepted when you started the game) state that:
6.2 All games offered by InnoGames are revised and updated at InnoGames' discretion so as to keep them attractive for the largest possible circle of users.

So technically, Innogames have free reign to do whatever they wish with regards to updates.

you have no right to make these changes so late in the hero worlds and create such a waste of time for all of us

Yes, they do, as stated above.

I will never build a wonder in Achilles and any alliance that does ill do my utmost best to personally farm them from across the world map.

That's your decision, you are welcome to do that if you wish. Innogames are in no way forcing you to build World Wonders.

its inconsiderate, its disappointing, its outrageous, its theft, its lying to your clients

Inconsiderate, yes depending on your viewpoint. The same can be said about disappointing and outrageous. However, this is in no way "theft" or "lying" to the customers. You have received what was advertised for the money you have put into the game. Innogames have been honest with you regarding this update, I do not see how they have lied.

DeletedUser

well it was stated that hero worlds would not have ww, I'd say it is outrageous that they are doing as they are now doing. That being said they

have every right to do it, just as we have every right to take our money elsewhere, which is what I will most likely be doing unless ww are

scrapped or totally changed.

DeletedUser44027

The problem really lies in the question: does everyone really hate WW? The only people they hear from are the most outspoken members of the community, the forumgoers, but Inno realizes that we're the minority. Most of the players don't go on the forums (or even have forum accounts, for that matter), so it's not as if Inno is completely disregarding the community- just this section of it. I can't speak for most grepo alliance, but I personally know many players who design their alliances from the very beginning to try to handle WW well. While it's a disappointing ending, IMHO, that doesn't mean that other players won't find it useless.

In the hero worlds, the conclusion is already obvious- they're going to become deserted, eventually. So how much of a crime is Inno actually doing by pulling the plug early? I'm sure there are some players (maybe not a majority, but more than a few) who like WW, and the alternative is just a "server is closing, thanks for playing".

DeletedUser

i would say the fact that the top alliances were polled and the question put to their members - Do you wish to NOT build WWs...

if so - put -NO WW in your name for a short time

within a few days - over 70% of the total city count on the server had agreed -- so I would say some sort of indicator was tested and approveld

DeletedUser10850

Didn't even know HW didn't have WWs. Would have joined if I would have known but too late now obviously. Too bad they had to have WWs forced as the vast majority of the HW community obviously doesn't want it. I'll pretty much summarize this thread: Too bad the devs don't listen to their players. They want people to play their game and are worried about server costs? Consult the people who play the game before changing it. The players who don't want the world to end are the most hardcore players because they play even though they know their world isn't winnable yet they still play. These worlds are the worlds the players who didn't like the WW concept - and with it a sharp drop in activity and the closing of the world - went because it wasn't in the world and now you have ruined the experience for the thousands of players who play HWs (I assume you did this in all servers so it is not just the 1300 people on .en)

Oh well at least we get some new researches, troops, and a new god in the normal worlds.

DeletedUser23986

No, you didn't. There is absolutely nothing stated anywhere that promises that the game will stay the same from start to finish. The Terms and Conditions (that you accepted when you started the game) state that:

So technically, Innogames have free reign to do whatever they wish with regards to updates.
Technically, they can only make changes which are wanted by majority of players. Taking away the choice, (i must emphasise choice!) of playing on a world with or without ww, should not and could not be called such sort of a change. Also since majority of players once voted for v2.0 ALONG WITH WW, they cannot consider that majority chnaged opinion without another poll.

Inconsiderate, yes depending on your viewpoint. The same can be said about disappointing and outrageous. However, this is in no way "theft" or "lying" to the customers. You have received what was advertised for the money you have put into the game. Innogames have been honest with you regarding this update, I do not see how they have lied.

Well, they did delete my entirely appropriate and true comment on official page of grepolis(not inno), so i think i can call that an attempt to mis-inform or hide information from current and potential players, thus lying. Or another reason could be not posting anything on devblog, and not approving my comment there. This is how they haven;'t been honest.

No, Inno advertised this as a free to play war game, not a game where i can win by sending resources, which could be given a 100% boost by using premium.

DeletedUser5819

Technically, they can only make changes which are wanted by majority of players.
Technically defined how? Based on what?
Inno have both the implicit and explicit right to make changes to their game, and of course they will do so. If they make the wrong decisions then they will suffer, perhaps financially and/or in publicity, and if that happens they will likely make more changes to rectify it. Either way, it is their decision and their right.

Also since majority of players once voted for v2.0 ALONG WITH WW, they cannot consider that majority chnaged opinion without another poll.
The majority of accounts that voted, not the majority of players. There was a lot of disgruntlement at the time that the greasemonkey survey was a survey in which anyone could express an opinion as many times as they had accounts for. Also inno was clear (afterwards) that it was never a vote to decide what to do, merely a survey to inform and, as it happened, support the decision they had made.

Additionally, they, or anyone, could consider that the majority opinion has changed. There would be plenty of ways of assessing that which would be as good as a survey. The playerbase has changed considerably since the game changed to 2.0 WW etc, so it would be completely natural for the majority opinion to also have changed.

DeletedUser

What I think is if people want to build WW fine I don't care that is their choice I will ignore WWs totally and if my alliance wants to do it I won't help but that is their life why does it matter if some want to build WWs no reason to complain about it when you could ignore it

DeletedUser44027

Wow... They actually saved the Hero worlds. Who would have thought. :D Well played, Inno! Well played, indeed.

DeletedUser30391

No ending for now in Hero Worlds

Wow... They actually saved the Hero worlds. Who would have thought. :D Well played, Inno! Well played, indeed.

I don't think I agree ,, we have played along time and accomplished a lot , as my alliance is not a gold based group and have persevered to gain first place a legitimite ending would be nice

it has been 3 years since bellerophon opened I believe ,, longer for Achilles ,, its time for new hero worlds with fair starts to all the new players to the game ,, new guys have no real opening or chance in the hero worlds ,, most new players that join don't last

lets find a end so we can have a new beginning ,, im not saying hero worlds should last 1 year but we are pushing past 3 years in both hero worlds I think

find a way , give some rewards/benefits/profile icon or something for those who have fought and survived the longest as well as strong or first place laliances ,, time to find a new beginning with a end if not in sight but achievable

DeletedUser47128

Thank you Inno.

By the way, inno has already made it clear that they will not make another hero world though I would love one.:pro:

DeletedUser30391

and I saw players threaten to quit if a ending appeared ,, tell me doesn't it seem like a lot of good/great players have already quit cause there is no ending , no reward just a lot of time put in

DeletedUser47128

Nope, we play on the hw so we don't put in 2 years of hard work and then all of it gets thrown down the drain. For those who don't win in ww worlds it's sort of a try harder next time. And if you win you receive a crown wow. You should definitely put that on your college resume, "built 4 world wonders to win a world on grepolis" wow i'm sure that would serve to impress.

DeletedUser30391

well I guess we go back to the plan of controlling one ocean at a time and boring the newbies into not staying by them not wishing to attack us ,, there should be some end or restart after a certain point

so hero worlds will consist of a bunch of 100+ city players just logging in and killing time till they realize real life may offer something more rewarding

DeletedUser47128

No there really shouldn't be. Cause after all I've been through I would have to go through it again.

You know it:) What's your ingame name?

DeletedUser40686

Hero World

well I guess we go back to the plan of controlling one ocean at a time and boring the newbies into not staying by them not wishing to attack us ,, there should be some end or restart after a certain point

so hero worlds will consist of a bunch of 100+ city players just logging in and killing time till they realize real life may offer something more rewarding

So no end to Hero Worlds, sounds like ' Sim City ' but wait that game has a goal doesn't it

Lame O Phon
too bad :heh: Wonder how long this world ( Bell ) will last

Later
:)

DeletedUser

Lest I pipe up to complain and then complacently fail to offer praise when due ... thank you for listening Inno. I'm pleasantly surprised.