The Great Tournament of Upsilon!

DeletedUser

Greetings forum goers. This is the sign up thread for those who wish to participate.

So what is this tournament all about?​

This is to discover the Best of Upsilon. The best alliance, and the best artist. Two rounds of forum game competition, and a graphics competition.

So, to compete in this tournament you and at least 2 others from your alliance will have to sign up together, and work together to prove that your alliance is the best!​

Note: Teams must have at least three members in them to participate. It is fine to bring new members to the forum to participate in the tournament.
The GFX competition is an individual competition that will run alongside the other two rounds.
The minimum of teams participating in round one shall be four.

The first round opens at 12:00 GMT+1 on a date to be confirmed

The sign up thread is open on the 13th December, Here!

Round one: This is an easy game to start, count to 50. There are several variations on the forum already, but for those of you who are new here is a ‘how to’:

The count starts at 0. There are two teams, and each team aims to reach 50 or –50. Team A counts up and Team B counts down. Each member can only post after someone else has made a post, for example:

DO

Player A: 1
Player B: 2
Player A: 3

DO NOT

Player A: 1
Player A: 2
Player A: 3

OR

Player A: 1, 2, 3

The first team to reach their target wins! Sometimes this game can go on for quite some time, so our game will only be open for two days. If neither team reaches their goal number then the team closest to their goal at the end of two days wins.

The winning alliances from round one will move to round two!

Round two: This is a King Of The Hill game. The object of this game is to ‘own’ the hill, and to claim it with a post. Only posts with “My Hill” at the end of them count. Try to be as creative as possible, the more extravagant the better! The winning alliance from this game will be the one whose member makes the last post before the thread is closed in two days.

GFX Competition: We want to see you show your alliance pride, by making the most impressive Coat of Arms you can. The only limitation is size…make sure it fits into the 240x180 pixels limit. This part of the tournament will be open for 4 days, with a mystery vote on the 5th day to choose the best C.O.A. This vote will last just one day.

GFX Competition Rules

• All entries must be private messaged to me (Sapphire Sorrows).
  • One entry per person, although if you are not happy with your image you may send an appeal to me.
  • Only one image per person will be included in the mystery vote.
  • There is to be absolutely NO advertising either on the forum or an external source.
    If it is discovered that the image is published/advertised before the vote then that entry will be disqualified.

Prizes

Here’s the incentive, If your alliance wins the tournament, then your alliance is proclaimed the best in Upsilon! It will be in a sticky thread for every person who views Upsilon to see + an additional 200 gold for each member of the winning team(extremely large teams may receive less). This thread will be permanent, Upsilon’s very own Hall of Fame. Full bragging rights are also given to the winning alliance.
The prize for the artist who creates the best C.O.A. is 200gold!!!

So what are you waiting for? Sign up today! The sign up thread will be open until the tournament starts, and only those who sign up can participate!

Alliances Entered

*To be added*

Disclaimer: Rules are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

Good, but I don't know a thing about GFX... Guess will have to reecruit someone who can draw...

DeletedUser

Definitely, now is the time to recruit! Better put the word out to make sure you have competitors as well.

DeletedUser18132

What if you're in academy alliances? Can you invite people who are in the main alliance?

DeletedUser

It should be one team per alliance, so there's no academies in this tournament. Each alliance stands on it's own feet :)

DeletedUser18132

I could maybe do it to a few alliances, but then I would get banned for mass-maling.

DeletedUser

If you only mail founders it's not the same, for a forum event. But then if we get enough people to petition Gordopolis/Tyrion then we may get a MM ;)

Thrillology

Phrourach
I guess the "Tournament of Upsilon" is between The Stonecutters and Shadow Terror, but as far as I know, Agora is neutral with both alliances.