The great war thread

DeletedUser34902

It would be easy to get upset about this but actually what I have to say about this is at least the Polish play this game with respect (well except for internalizing revolted cities)...But with the exception of that I have much more respect for them than the leaders of the other top alliances. Juggs, for example, represent everything that makes this game less enjoyable with their childish and disgusting tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3393

It would be easy to get upset about this but actually what I have to say about this is at least the Polish play this game with respect (well except for internalizing revolted cities)...But with the exception of that I have much more respect for them than the leaders of the other top alliances. Juggs, for example, represent everything that makes this game less enjoyable with their childish and disgusting tactics.

Is that why you abandoned your alliance and went to hide in SI? who also abandoned your alliance when it was under attack?
Coming from the player whose alliance declared war on Juggs after we saved SC's once and Damage's once before. lol

skiboot

Phrourach
Is that why you abandoned your alliance and went to hide in SI? who also abandoned your alliance when it was under attack?
Coming from the player whose alliance declared war on Juggs after we saved SC's once and Damage's once before. lol

Oh I don't think it was SI that abandoned Damage....You should look closer to home for the answer to that one. And to say that Damage declared on Juggernaut is just riduculous.

Damage were sold by Juggernaut as meat for their new allies, Polish Legion. Let's all be quite clear what happened here. Once the deal was done - both alliances started attacking Damage at the same time.

DeletedUser9465

You mean Arjaa is conveniently twisting the truth? Could this be???? :eek:

PS: But one should really give credit to Arjaa for selling to PL a merchandise they already had for free while taking big chunks of it for Juggs with PL's approval.

DeletedUser3393

Oh I don't think it was SI that abandoned Damage....You should look closer to home for the answer to that one. And to say that Damage declared on Juggernaut is just riduculous.

Damage were sold by Juggernaut as meat for their new allies, Polish Legion. Let's all be quite clear what happened here. Once the deal was done - both alliances started attacking Damage at the same time.

Actually I have quite a good lot of damage players saying that SI didnt support Damage saying they are spent out.. Spent out in what? lol We barely even attack you guys. Your allies loses 20+ cities in a day and you guys gained 30k DBP.. impressive allyship there.

You guys declared war on us and then Damage declared war on us, we were for all means and purposes gonna leave damage alone. (Pact was unneeded with them since they had understandably nothing to gain from the war) because of our O45 players location.

But you guys convinced them to attack us and in return didn't support them when they were under attack. Great work SI! Who's next on your list whom you promised to support but won't because your players are too busy colonizing and stacking cities to hell. lol

Oh and yea like Robbyn said.. there was nothing to sell out Damage on. War with SI meant Damage wasnt gonna get support from us. Everyone knew that lol... them attacking us was added easy cities for us.

DeletedUser9465

Repeating same lies won't make them true, no matter how many times you'll do it.

DeletedUser22940

Actually, the "break-up" between Damage and Jugg was quite honorable.
The day that the pact was formally dissolved, everyone in Jugg was instructed by leadership not to attack TSC or Damage for 48 hours as a sign of courtesy and respect.
I am actually surprised that SI was able to get the MM regarding the war on them when it suited their propaganda, but conveniently has not published this one. I will do you the favor:

sidmgmsg.png

I personally cannot speak to the breakup between SI and Damage since I was not involved. What I can say is that Ski and Dave are good peoples so I would imagine that it went honorably as well. Can't speak about this Robbyn character though since I do not know him/her.

DeletedUser9465

Actually, the "break-up" between Damage and Jugg was quite honorable.
The day that the pact was formally dissolved, everyone in Jugg was instructed by leadership not to attack TSC or Damage for 48 hours as a sign of courtesy and respect.
I am actually surprised that SI was able to get the MM regarding the war on them when it suited their propaganda, but conveniently has not published this one. I will do you the favor:

sidmgmsg.png

I personally cannot speak to the breakup between SI and Damage since I was not involved. What I can say is that Ski and Dave are good peoples so I would imagine that it went honorably as well. Can't speak about this Robbyn character though since I do not know him/her.

Seems you can't make much sense of anything. First, the issue was not about how honorable the break up between Juggs and DI was but about DI declaring war on Juggs. So producing that mail serves no purpose at all. I wonder if you realize that through your post you are contradicting Arjaa? Yes, you were instructed not to hit DI and TSC for 48 hours. But then you start to attack them while DI was not attacking Juggs. So the claim that DI declared war on Juggs is just a lie. Also, there was no break up between SI and DI so it makes no sense to talk about it at all.

Robbyn him, glad to meet you.

DeletedUser22940

The comment that this part of the conversation started on the comment that Jugg used backstabbing baggery tactics against Damage. My comment was to disprove that as we were quite upfront and honest about the whole situation. It speaks nothing on the topic of war and/or who attacked who first.
As I look through the stats though, Jugg only took a handful of cities from Damage; all within our core. Although Damage was hitting our guys many times. That is war to you?
SO....not sure why all the comments about us attacking Damage comes in a bad light. Would you not attack a neutral alliance who is occupying your core? The answer is yes....

Last but not least, don't be so defensive. Take Prozac or something. Try to find BigBaldGuy, he might have some extra.

DeletedUser21560

Hmm... Robbyn and SI, who are you to talk about being unfair or dishonest? werent you the ones who broke the deal and hit us ?

Stop making fools out of yourselfs

Damage Inc had a choice, and took the choice they did with the consequenses it brang... Not our fault that they made the wrong choice

When we got backstabbed, Damage inc support where no where to be found, so why should we support them back in their need of support?

We support our allies, just like they have supported us - Finally we found a worthy ally in PL... a deal that benefits both alliances, not just one way.... We were there for both Damage and SC - they were no where to be found when it was time to pay back - so the deal was called off, with 48 hours of peacetime

Naturally we gonna help our allies with their conquest matters, too bad that Damage inc werent better at diplomacy than they were

btw a nice OP you ran the last few days - stick to colonizing cities in our oceans, thats all you can do

DeletedUser9465

The comment that this part of the conversation started on the comment that Jugg used backstabbing baggery tactics against Damage. My comment was to disprove that as we were quite upfront and honest about the whole situation. It speaks nothing on the topic of war and/or who attacked who first.
As I look through the stats though, Jugg only took a handful of cities from Damage; all within our core. Although Damage was hitting our guys many times. That is war to you?
SO....not sure why all the comments about us attacking Damage comes in a bad light. Would you not attack a neutral alliance who is occupying your core? The answer is yes....

Last but not least, don't be so defensive. Take Prozac or something. Try to find BigBaldGuy, he might have some extra.

Hehehe... the Prozac seems to be of better use to you. Also if your comment was about those backstabbing baggery tactics why did you brought up David, skiboot or me into discussion? It was Viking accusing Juggs of this, not me or David or Ski. We just said DI didn't declare war on Juggs and your first post really supported this affirmation. So your second comment makes as much sense as the first. As in none at all. And it helps your cause exactly as much as the first: "would you not attack a neutral alliance who is occupying your core?" Well, maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't, it very much depends on many factors. Fact is that if I would attack it, I would be the one starting the war, not the said neutral alliance. So in your case Juggs started the war and this proves my point once again. I bet this wasn't your intention... lol.

Also, some might be impressed by your temper tantrum. I am amused at best. You little naughty drama queen... :D

@Thizzle
You are making even SaintedStarr (or EternalDeath or whatever) look as someone who is making sense... Wow, this is quite an accomplishment. Bravo!

DeletedUser30111

I don't know much about the history of this whole situation, so I can't comment on that. But I have noticed some DI guys have joined up with Juggs and none have gone to SI. If you guys are winning the war, being the great allies and supporting them fully and DI guys are still joining us, somethings got to give, right?

DeletedUser9465

Lol... you are talking about those two refugees that run out of fear of PL? Hehehe ... we wouldn't have took those two in a million year. You should ask DI about them, they could tell you some interesting things. But you will find out yourself first hand about them and what type of game they are playing. Also, we don't share a mob mentality so we do not recruit right and left just to be number one by points. There is no fixation about statistics in SI, thus we prefer to recruit players using other criteria. And sorry, were we talking about winning the war? Of course we will win it, but the issue was about the false claim that DI declared war on the Juggs not about who is winning the war.

DeletedUser30111

So you said you never would have taken them, as in they never asked, kinda proving my point that SI may not have been the best ally. I only mentioned the war, because when your alliance is crumbling, you generally go to the winning side, not the losing side who "stabbed you alliance in the back".

Also not even saying you're winning, just saying you claim to be both winning and great allies, so one of those has to be incorrect, atleast to some in DI.

DeletedUser9465

Nope, as in if they would have asked they would have not been accepted. For the truth sake, they didn't ask. They were so afraid of the poles that they run to the Juggs knowing they will be safe from poles only there. On the other hand, if you are running to the winning side when it's hard for your alliance, you are nothing but an opportunistic coward and you deserve no help at all. And could you explain me how keeping the pact with DI means SI stabbed DI in the back? Hmm, quite weird an interpretation. Also, even if I did not make the claim you seem to think I did, there is no contradiction between winning and being great allies. SI is offering as much support to DI as it can in the current setup, but you only can help those who know to help themselves as well. And just to be clear, I am not talking about everybody in DI or TSC, but rather about those who are crying for help but give no specific information about the status of their city. And if some DI members or ex-members that find the fight too hard think bad about SI... well, this is their problem, not mine.

DeletedUser30111

I don't know why I always think I can reason myself out of these forum debates. You misinterpreted a lot of what I said, so I'm just gonna give up :D Not that much of it matters anyways seeing as DI won't last much longer now, all the way down to #10.

DeletedUser3393

I don't know why I always think I can reason myself out of these forum debates. You misinterpreted a lot of what I said, so I'm just gonna give up :D Not that much of it matters anyways seeing as DI won't last much longer now, all the way down to #10.
Misinterpretation is the only way they can make sense my friend. Because simple facts do not work :p

DeletedUser

This is how this has played out in simple terms. (maybe long words hurt head too much... ouchy)

-SI(et all) go to war with Jugg
-DI/TSC stay out of it
-We side with PL for support for it was as Ski put it an advantage of numbers
-PL who assisted us is at war with DI (who hung us out to dry)
-We drop the pact as there is nothing coming or going from each side, but give them a 48 reprieve.
-Some Vanguard players join Jugg. DI lays waste to these JUGG cities 3 of them to be exact (asked AA if this was an act of war off the first revolt, he said let it be it was probably a mistake... then 2 more revolts are lit up after MANY MANY attacks) <<<< this gentleman is first blood this IS an ACT of WAR!
-So they want to hit our members in the south we retaliate in the north (and we are the bad people... they struck first?)
-PL hits DI and TSC hard. SI can not defend cuz they are too busy trying to colonize cities and then D them with 15k troops and 2k biremes each <<<< roflcopters galore!!!!
-SI abandons DI, but as was stated none asked to join SI they asked to join Jugg (that is saying something)

*Now what are you going to say Rob? We WERE attacked first. We were abandoned when it was time for support. What did DI deserve from us? Oh but you did not know all this or maybe you did and choose to tell a version that shines your alliance into a better light and tries to damn ours. Well buddy you are a dollar short on this again. Just like you all were in actually conquering a city this last OP.

:pro::pro:

DeletedUser9465

This is how this has played out in simple terms. (maybe long words hurt head too much... ouchy)

-SI(et all) go to war with Jugg
-DI/TSC stay out of it
-We side with PL for support for it was as Ski put it an advantage of numbers
-PL who assisted us is at war with DI (who hung us out to dry)
-We drop the pact as there is nothing coming or going from each side, but give them a 48 reprieve.
-Some Vanguard players join Jugg. DI lays waste to these JUGG cities 3 of them to be exact (asked AA if this was an act of war off the first revolt, he said let it be it was probably a mistake... then 2 more revolts are lit up after MANY MANY attacks) <<<< this gentleman is first blood this IS an ACT of WAR!
-So they want to hit our members in the south we retaliate in the north (and we are the bad people... they struck first?)
-PL hits DI and TSC hard. SI can not defend cuz they are too busy trying to colonize cities and then D them with 15k troops and 2k biremes each <<<< roflcopters galore!!!!
-SI abandons DI, but as was stated none asked to join SI they asked to join Jugg (that is saying something)

*Now what are you going to say Rob? We WERE attacked first. We were abandoned when it was time for support. What did DI deserve from us? Oh but you did not know all this or maybe you did and choose to tell a version that shines your alliance into a better light and tries to damn ours. Well buddy you are a dollar short on this again. Just like you all were in actually conquering a city this last OP.

:pro::pro:

Now Enas... you just can't be that easy. So let's analyze your "simple terms":
- SI did not start the war, but Juggs did as the mass-mail sent by Arjaa shows. Of course, SI had the intention to start a preemptive war on Juggs based on the too many transgressions and because of too many info we had that Juggs were preparing to attack SI. But in the end Juggs started to attack SI based on some intel they got from a spy. If what Juggs did was honorable, it would have been equally honorable for SI to do the same. Fact is that not SI, but Juggs started to attack and initiated the war. The rest, indeed, is only a matter of interpretation;
- DI, being pacted with both Juggs and SI choose to stay neutral in this war. We both agree on this one, it is an undisputed fact.
- Juggs approached PL for a pact and got it. Another undisputed fact. As part of this deal, and here we are indeed talking about an interpretation shared both by DI and SI, Juggs dropped the pact with DI, preparing to attack them in 48 hours. In our view, Juggs sold DI to Poles. But as I stated, this is only our view and quite frankly an interpretation, not an undisputed fact.
- The Juggs did drop the pact with DI, another undisputed fact. Same day though, Juggs recruited some Vanguard players that were under attack by DI. According to any interpretation, these were refugees from DI, hence by Grepolis tradition they were legitimate targets for 48 hours. But Juggs choose to use this as a pretext for war. Fact is that DI attacked only those Vanguard refugees and for less than 48 hours, hence their attacks on them was not an act of war on Juggs by Grepolis tradition. It was an act of war only because Juggs wanted to see it such... Of course, one could think that Juggs recruited those Vanguard players knowing they are under attack by DI exactly because they wanted a reason to declare war on DI... but hey, some people are just mean, you know... ;)
- PL did hit DI hard and SI offered as much assistance as it could. I already stated that one can only help those that can help themselves. SI sent defense only when and if there was enough intel about the status of the revolted cities. Now it is very interesting that you are accusing SI for not supporting DI with enough defense but you find it quite honorable that Juggs ended the pact with DI because DI was not supporting Juggs with defense against SI, though Juggs very well know that DI was in no position to support anyone because their war with PL. At least SI is trying to support its ally. Juggs preferred to cancel its pact and to attack its former ally. A matter of interpretation, of course ;)
- now this one is really funny. Check the islands in north 55 and you will find lots of Juggs newly formed colonies stacked with defense. So in your opinion this is an admirable tactic for the Juggs but it sucks if SI is using it... lol, quite unbiased you are indeed.
- SI did not abandon DI. Their leaders know very well what SI can do for them and now it's only a matter of option what they will chose to do.

So Enas, I am going to say this: you were not attacked first, you were not abandoned rather you chose to play the victim and DI did not deserve to be attacked by you. Of course, being a war game this is completely acceptable but you are trying to claim it's absolutely honorable too. Well, it is not.

PS: I am no short on any dollar. I did take my target in the last operation so you are quite mistaken here. Of course, my target ghosted before my CS got there. Hmmm.... I wonder why he did it cause I see he didn't quit for good. He is still member of your sister alliance and he built his new city to over 1k points... There are two explanations possible here but this is an entirely different story. Fact is that I took the city I was after so I am not short on anything. The rest is again only a matter of interpretation...

Cheers Enas