Newspaper The Herm Herald :proposed new issue

DeletedUser

I like what you're doing here Jamovic, this has been a much better read than the usual PnP.
For once the information isn't all biased and a drag to read. Refreshing! :p

DeletedUser

ok all, Tuesdays edition will have some more interviews. a bit more ocean based as well, going to start Id'ing ghost for y'all and i will be awarding an attacker of the week badge and defender of the week badge..this will be based on ABP/DBP per city rather than just linking to grepointel.

still need reports tho, recieved not a one..i am afraid I'm going to start the ball rolling with some attacks on me tho i'll block the names out to remain neutral.

DeletedUser

ok hit a bit of a brick wall with the interviews. got one from OL. and one from ZT in the pipeline..still need an apoca and a td -if you want to be interviewed, the questions are getting a bit less blasé and a bit more what i think folk want to really know, contact me in game by pm..also anyone in Tesla or IMOG who wants an interview, this can be done too. want to get this one underway by tmrw so please contact me -if your in any of these alliances and want interviewed.

ps in the case of non responds i will be making up answers as fit my sense of humour, so if you opened a pm request and didn't respond...well lets hope you have a sense of humour. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Jamo Times Issue 3

* as the final issue none of the following stories are factually accurate in the slightest.

Editorial : Much has been afoot of late in Herm, suddenly an OL resurgence is on the cards, with in hours of one of the greatest Grep players in history ghosting, OL where all over his city's like a cheap suit -apoca missed the bus on it - and what an opportunity it would of been for the men from the east to push in to the west and to bridge into TDr's stronghold ocean.. apparently warnings of this chance went unheeded, and within hours 90% of the 30 ghosts were in OL hands.. bit ing back on their WW islands..now just Tartan and Kirky to go.

Glad to see Ol rising back again tho the editor must express concern, as with all issues in Herm several sources within alliances have informed me of an upcoming op to remove a certain player from a certain set of ww islands by OL and Tdr.. this op is doomed to failure, one would think the short TT's and high numbers of players on island with the target would make for easy pickings- and in many ways it would be a straightforward op. however the player in question is no slouch and took on board a lot of def. advice recently -now with upward of 400 Reems in each harbour and an education in sniping and dodging( during a visit from a grep legend ) as well as the full weight of apoca behind him..and bearing in mind limited slots on all sides, well i hate to call an op a disaster before its set sail..lets just hope GGN has his real planning brain on this time. the affect of a failure here could be a total disaster for TD/OL morale just when they were getting back in the game and looked to of realised they don't need to win a war just ww.

:(Obituary column :(

It is with great sadness the editor must lower the flags to half mast for Jamovic1 who was ghosted in a tragic set of circumstances involving extreme boredom, Jack daniels and insomnia delusions. wandering the server alone he was isolated and afraid until one tragic night he clicked the restart button -then thought 'what the hell did i do that for?' before shortly realising he is single for the first time in 12 years, summer is coming up and there are many females to be conquered rather than pixelated cites -we wish him the best of luck in his new endeavours to impregnate half of Belgrade so future lines of Grep players who talk about themselves in the 3 rd person can learn the game for generations to come.

Fight Club

This week saw a major apoca operation breaking and pressurising tdr to the core-its the way of herm, one player gets hard targeted and eventually they all crumble, we have seen it time and time again on this server. Which does raise the question to me as a bit of a veteran, are you all noobs? i mean alliances LTS -realising 'wait a minute they always target 1 or 2 players. lets load them with LTS' -it just hasn't sunk in here for some reason..my own theory on this is inactivity and fear both co-related. fear that , if i send my def, i might be targeted next and fear of too many in actives to rely on for back up... any way no need to tell you who was the op target the stats paint the picture as always....

http://www.grepointel.com/topkillers.php?server=en72 ..Poor recion and well Moshey as well) although looking back I'm not surprised that Mosh didnt actually lose a city and gained savage BP. no perhaps poor Moshey is the wrong phrase -if you want to take him down you'll need and op that isn't just focused on him-he is to good to lose multiple city's quickly and always gets support in from 43 -should of took my ghosts Apoca/Zt). The top 10 ABP is telling again ,Guineaapig seems to build for weeks then just go bananas, and being in a speed 1 you can get away with that, it is interesting to me how many of these top players would fair in speed 2 or 3..sinope can't be used as an example, you all started too late and in the centre of the map for some bewildering reason, but as cliche as it sounds many of the best in herm wouldn't cut it in speed 2 or 3...but i suppose thats why you play speed 1.anyway rambling over =top 10 ABP again dominated with Apoca and the ZT renewal - well done Jon and co. good to see Gond back in business too. couple TD in there beard puller etc-but this shows me that again common sense ids prevailing in TDr. Lost citys are being replaced quickly by ghosts and with the end game in sight i'm making Tdr favourites thru weight of numbers alone.

Conquestador.....

Apoca 30 v's TDr 2.....but , but , but like i said these are being filled with ghosts and in acts pretty sharp -there is something a foot in the west and apoc missed a golden chance to hop over there..

ZT 15 v's TDr 2...BOOM ZT are back baby!!

OL 1 vs ZT 0...Moshey maybe?

Apoca 1 vs Ol 0 apoca minds where elsewhere in OP's...i have a feeling Ol have a surprise waiting in the wings

Was going to do ocean maps but can't be bothered..things don't really change enough to warrant the effort.

Meet the alliances

Some more interviews this week , like i said some will be totally fictional due to none responses..this week tho great credit to DJonso1 who gave the best answers to any questions the paper has conducted..the rest of you ..shame and you will now suffer my sick and twisted sense of humour.:p

DJONSO1 Zero Tolerance
1. Since i started En.72 you have been pretty much on the front lines and have earned apt of respect inside OL and other alliances, to what do you attribute your success?

Thank you Jamo for those sentiments. My "success" I would have to say is derived from two things. One is aligned with our creed, which goes "If it isn't blue or green, it's red." The offensive nature of ZT has shaped they way I play the game, and I love it. The second is most certainly the spirit of those who are in this great alliance with me. I would not be here still if it weren't for them.

. You and Moshey2, any mutual respect there or is it as i think a constant war with no love lost?

I'd like to think that we keep each other on our toes. In all honesty, I do respect him. He has proven to be a resilient and resourceful opponent. We have never been on the same side of this server, but from the very beginning we've been sharing O45. It does make me laugh however, that in the beginning he was in the largest MRA on this server - some of you may remember TFA?? That was over a year ago now... He's jumped around between alliances more than many other long-time players I know, but he's survived, so that counts for something. What's ironic is that now he's in a very small, powerful alliance, which is the exact opposite of where he started.
I wish him the best of luck!

3. Who do you rate most inside ZT as attackers, defenders and all rounders ?name 3 players and why you rate them.

Well, the numbers don't lie -
Gondriga, FFFrank, Spaekhugger and Shanavoher are ferocious warriors.
Our best defenders are 2dukesy2, our leader Jonny, matholwch and FFFrank.
Then some other notable players in my opinion are Sir Dorn, Carneodovadus, Principe Salvatore (who drops DLU nukes like no one's business), and last but not least, the sly Enigmatic Fox.

4. Outside of ZT who do you respect as players and why?

I know it's a bit of a cop-out because they used to be in ZT, but lorimmn, right hand of doom, and TNchicklet have always had my back no matter which alliance they're in. Aside from that, it's hard not to mention the infamous GPig. He's a devastating opponent, but a good guy.

5. What has been your favourite op or conquest/achievement since you started?

It was a grand time for the alliance. We set an outrageous goal to take 150 cities in 72 hours. Our targets were:
The Terran Empire, WRECKLESS Inc, The Immortals, Macedonian Phalanx, and Knights Templar.
When all was said and done, we had taken 87 cities from those 5 alliances. To this day, I doubt such a thing has ever been done by any other alliance. Like I said earlier, the numbers don't lie - ZT is still the number 1 attacking alliance! :)

6. since the near dissolving of zt how has the alliance regrouped and reformed to get back in the fight so well?

This was a dark time for the alliance, but due to the tenacity of a few select members who refused to give in and sell out, we were able to hold down the fort to provide a place for our players to come back to. The world was undergoing tectonic shifts in power and we knew that if we could just hold on, we'd make it through to the other side - and here we are! ;)

eugenedonaghy - Transient Drifters
1. 3 months to ww which places us around june, you have been there before and won -what does it take in your opinion to pull it off and can TDr do it?

as far away as possible from the enemy and put a lot of defence in same city

2. Tell us a bit about your Grepo history and more importantly the future -what will you do after EN72?
joined March 2012 only started playing regularly when en46 started after en72 finishes will be considering grepo future as dont like instant buy

3. standard question, i know but its nice to find out from players..Inside Tdr who do rate as the best attacker, defender and all rounder.
attacker generic greek name
defender plashiff
all rounder Michael Cook

4. same question but transferred to 3 players outside your alliance.
attacker guineeapig
defender moshey
all rounder dazza vader

5. what do you rank as your greatest achievement in EN 72, it can be an op, a defence a conquest or particularly successful attack -or just having the patience to see out a 400 cap server ;)?
surviving speed 1 server (so slow)

Exorcistul - Apocalyse *the following is a total work of fiction
1. You gained a bit of a temperamental reputation when in the coalition can you tell us a bit about this and do you think it was fair?

When fight is must having honour am i. Coalition meaning is honour only to have that you are not so honourable when fighting you must.

2. Ok.. so who do rate as the best players in grepolis at the moment in En.72?

1. Guineaapig -if not i have not GP big problem i have for defend myself can not with out .
2. Jamovic1 -He is everything i wish i could be and more, infact i admire him so much i actually learned english to answer this question.
3. KingKevWins.

3. so what will you do after En.72, will you move to another server to take a break?

After winning Crown with honour only, i must will go with new server. Start will new alliance must i we have honour for you all leader am I -kingkevwins.

4.Thanks Exo, one question that we all wanted to know, did you learn english and communication skills at college or do you directly quote Yoda and feed it into google translate?

Kingkevwins.

No interview with Apoca , still waiting on lisaLJ to get back to me (apparently i'm playing her, but thats a long story-as the OL forum).
Bit of a lazy issue this effort as i'm giving up grep for a we while jamovic 1 is being retired while ******* will live on in en 81 a little while longer :p.

My closing thoughts in all sincerity, you have some reasonable players here and a re 2/3 months from WW which you will make..it has become a real drag of a server.. lots of petty attitudes, lots of folk taking it more serious than RL lots of accusations of this and that , when infact its just a game. I have met some good players here for a speed 1 server..the only ones i can say 100% with confidence would do well in conquest 2/3 or revolt 2/3 that i have personally played with are Kirky, Moshey (if he got off the app) and Effinel..the rest of you i don't know well enough. But your good for a speed 1 400 cap server..infact i'd add mang to that list tho he left and pyrites too, but no offence i just never played with you all.

opponent wise DJ impressed me, as did Jon, frank and especially Principe salvatore who if you were to ask me i would say forget your GP, Exo's and all the other names -he is a player who really knows this game inside out..im sure there are others, just didn't get to know you.

good luck all -finish the server out now and i'll see you in the future if they change this instant build balls.

Jamo

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
I offered to answer your questions but I haven't heard back from you. I'm not sure if it was too late, but if you are waiting for Lisa then I'm guessing not. Puzzled....

DeletedUser

I'm on it arch...i got mixed up with several abstentions from apoca -but I'm on in 2 mins..

DeletedUser46851

Sir Cod that put a smile on my face :)

I'd like to take credit for the diplo work but most of those rants were fueled by Busch Light.

DeletedUser

Well at least The Jamo Times is finished. What a wash out

DeletedUser

heh Archon - change of plan my little troll, you've just reinvigorated me, issue 4 will be here for your pleasure shortly ! with a whole section dedicated just to you! Its called ' why do i keep getting rimmed?' 'why my mother held me too much when i was a child, and my daddy not enough' and a special feature on impotence cures and vacuum stretching devices that will fit around the tiniest members -The archon 3000 i think its called.:p

archon - being done by TUS since jan 2015 laugh my bottom off!

DeletedUser

Nice, the promise of a fourth edition is like music to my ears :p
I'd +rep you on edition #3 but the forum won't allow me, even after spreading reps to 3 different people..
Keep em coming Jamo, these are great. :)

(still waiting for that archidiamedes interview, btw)

DeletedUser

heh Archon - change of plan my little troll, you've just reinvigorated me, issue 4 will be here for your pleasure shortly ! with a whole section dedicated just to you! Its called ' why do i keep getting rimmed?' 'why my mother held me too much when i was a child, and my daddy not enough' and a special feature on impotence cures and vacuum stretching devices that will fit around the tiniest members -The archon 3000 i think its called.:p

archon - being done by TUS since jan 2015 laugh my bottom off!

Ha ha! Normally i wouldn't even comment on Archon like the majority who have been on these servers a while we all know he is a sad little troll going from thread to thread , but this is very good. 'Archon 3000' plus rep Jamo! :D

DeletedUser46851

where can one find these archon 3000's?

I'm asking for a friend of course :)

DeletedUser

Loving the paper. Would give you some rep but I need to spread a ridiculous amount before I can give you some again.

DeletedUser

ok.. due to crazy events in RL today (don't ask but if i had a shovel and an alibi..) paper will be late, should be done by the AM. One major interview( everyone is shy) bu there is more than enough reports and editorials to make this a decent read..infact its shaping up nicely. Now just going to practise me alibi in the mirror for 2 - 3 hrs and see if it looks convincing. (this is inadmissible in court right?):)