Newspaper The Herm Herald :proposed new issue

DeletedUser

I sincerely apologise for the delay = 2moro 1200 utc +1.. Td get your dummy reports in as i have around 30 from ZT and Apoca against you and its kinda looking lope sided! And there is some really special ones. :)

DeletedUser

The Jamo Times Issue 4 - The 'Everything has gone mental' issue

Editorial : Holy cow what a week or two in Herm, where to start? I think a good place (while trying to maintain neutrality) is TDr what the hell are you doing? For the casual observer let me fill you in Tdr are no.1 on this server with apoca chasing them and one must admit winning there pre wonders war quite convincingly, however we all know war does not a server win alone and TDr have still got the advantage regarding weight of numbers, if not WW experience..HOWEVER -shocker this week as TDr let the rampant Guineapig march in on a WW city. Firstly i raise the question the obvious ones :

1. Why no ww island managers? - this is a basic every WW island has a manager to over see resource delivery and get active players on board and to stop ghosts falling to the enemy.

2. You had slots to take the city as was shown in your subsequent attempt to retake the town AT MASSIVE COST! Would it not of been more simple to take the ghost quickly? It sat ghosted for near 48 hours...my own concern is that you did not approach it seriously and it will cost you in the future 8 players where the main attackers and you were facing what i can only describe as an art town..you needed everyone involved.

Ok we'll come back to that when we look at the BP stats but i must question whether things are truly tight enough in TDr to mount the challenge i thought they would - i hope they learn from this and the subsequent BP fest they gave Apoca.

Second order of business -welcome new crown hunters..AHHH the memories of Omega and Lindos.. 2 months before WW and lots of little 1k's pop up everywhere, soon all these alliances that haven't picked a side will too . A 400 cap server means lots of room for lots of players to ride in and claim the crown after simming the game, or just spawning. Its what i call the Grep disease and is one of the major reasons the end game needs altered (apart from the boredom). Apoca took on one such player and the externals faced a near melt down with the editor none to impressed by events that took place thereafter, however its been discussed and if nothing else it was nice to see TD back on the forums. However lessons have not been learned - you just don't attack these players guys you try to LB them, plague them cave drain them HC them 24 hours a day..but don't attack on a morale server...more easy bp. Sometimes you just have to realise the guy won't be able to form more than 3 cities and poses no threat except to your pride. As if to prove this point.. i was a little naughty the last few days and got a top 20 player to walk into another trap, lessons need to be learned..i honestly have no idea how much DBP this guy dropped on me and allies but it was around 20 nukes and a cs worth - and they are still coming.

:(Obituaries :(

O-Hell-OL Kolpeo1 hits to obituary'd, from TDr we have a few northerners going ghost gprenc , iziaa ,from Apoca Jaycox...Good news is the server numbers remain good and the points aren't falling, i attribute this to the troy quest heightened senses and various BP traps and op's that have opened up slots to consolidate these positions. I do worry that OL in spite of what seemed a consolidation exercise last week are spent, there appears to be no leadership and it seems a new player ghosts or starts handing over cities every week..shame indeed, rumours of an assault on kirky007 seem to or may of hinged on a TD op in unison which is delayed hence to the aforementioned ghost -but i could be wrong. However if Mang, Taco and Doc's cities still weren't mopped up what hope have they of taking active players from Apoca? Slim i feel but i'm willing to be proved wrong by all. Meanwhile the editors ears and eyes in other alliances hear of a TDr op on ZT underway -will it run into more ZT defence( this could be old news now as this was initially written a few days a go), will apoca be able to jump in ? Is this a tactic from TD to spread support or are they finally taking initiative going into WW and trying to split a line between zt and apoca going into WW? Time will tell.

Conquesting your asterix The last seven days in grab a city.

Apoca 10 vs TDr 3.. bit better from recent weeks, but not much still if they are in actives, its no bad thing.. but there have been some heavy hits from both alliances on highly active players.

ZT 6 v's TDr 0 - The resurrection continues for Jon and co.. THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

Apoca 3 v's OL 0 -Tartan and Kirky consolidating their position in o43..

ZT v's OL Nil-Nil .. going to extra time and penalties.

Without offence to other alliances , unless you contact me i won't mention you as most are internals, via allies and not worth mentioning, if you have a big take, let me know and i'll post it. Again these are a few days out of date..just been a hell of a week in RL forgive me.

Special mention must go to Tartan Blue and Frogstomp25 playing a game of cat and mouse with TD to finally secure 43-pirahana on what was previously a td strong hold island..looking at the trip reports and attack reports it was an incredibly tactical exchange with players supporting from land and sea, then from on island, withdrawing transports etc to make the city look clear..it appears polliani made the fatal mistake of attacking the city in numbers once the harbour was deliberately cleared by TB and Froggy and froggies larger land trip was only NEARLY wiped out..this gave Tartan the green light to send his CS for the third time and land the city..again he was kept busy from KKW and other td players trying for the revolt but held on ...great battle and the reports made great reading..very tactical.

WAR! HUH GOOD GOD Y'ALL - Top Killers ABP/ DBP ( now renamed the Guineapig cup)

March 7th - 14 th.

http://www.grepointel.com/topkillers.php?server=en72&startdate=2015-03-07&enddate=2015-03-14

Back in the day Brazil won the World Cup 3 times.. and it had to be permanently awarded to them( the Jules Rimmet Tropphy pub quiz fans) I hear by award GP The Jamo trophy for fighting excellence.. Not only top ABP (again) but thanks to some HS and ghost melodrama 2nd in the DBP rankings. Glad to see a couple more TDr breaking into the top 10 this week and Zt also, sadly lacking any OL apart from the ubiquitous Moshey.

This week's interview the one and only ARCHI.. Apoca overlord and PnP guru, will be more next week but this ones a cracker.

1. Hi Archi since this is the last edition i'm going to ask you real questions ..Firstly i have to ask you and SC have won the battle of the PnP on the forum with TDr 'taking their ball home'..why do you think they are so easily wound up?

Well, they will accuse me of engaging in PnP right away (so perhaps they should look at my other answers before this one), but I think the obvious answer is that so much of what has been said are the cold, hard facts that it has been difficult or impossible to defend against what has been presented without getting into ad hominem attacks, obfuscation, shifting the subject, and playing the victim card, all of which are weak retaliatory actions when faced with the truth. I also suppose we have not given them as much ammo as we have had from them, so that doesn't make it any easier. Let's ask a few questions:

Have they done well since the war began? No.
Have they had a successful op? No.
Have they lost an inordinate number of cities compared to the number they have taken? Yes.
Have they made excuses when they lose cities and have players who leave their alliance? Yes.
Have their closest allies rated them poorly as an alliance? Yes.
Are many of their players incapable of mounting a proper attack? Yes (my favourite so far: the guy who sends a CS with every attack, even before he has revolted the city).
Has enough evidence been presented that they have schemed? We think yes, but that's up to readers to decide.
Have Nate and Sir Cod (and perhaps to a lesser degree, myself) been used as scapegoats? Again, we would say yes.

I will admit them leaving the externals was a big disappointment for me as I was hoping they might step up to the plate and fire back, but it appears their skills at PnP are roughly equivalent to what they do in-game. Actually, their PnP skills are worse, since at least they haven't walked out of the game.

It should be said, however, that it's not like they have not engaged in PnP themselves, usually in a way to make it seem like they aren't engaging in it. They have claimed to take the high road but it doesn't take much to refute this. On the first two pages of this paper, for example, you have Michael smearing Sir Cod and Jonny, then he sidesteps the question Jonny asks him about where and when he lied to Mike—and we are still waiting for an answer. Mike also says you shouldn't paint an entire alliance with the same brush, then on page 18 of “A message to TD players,” he says in the leaked document, among other PnP, “The majority of them [Apoc] are the most untrustworthy players we've ever played against and likely ever will again.” These are by no means the only examples. People can draw their own conclusions.

2. Ok Pan. HTNM ..TDr KKW -for all of us why did this become such and issue for Pan/Tdr and coalition relations?

The real issue was that it was a signal that TD was looking beyond the coalition to advance their future aims. Red admitted they were looking out for their own aims, though I don't know if he explicitly mentioned the future part (this was months ago, so I don't remember the exact quote), but I would say that is implied. This was interpreted by our council as TD putting themselves before the coalition. Pan had previously turned down requests or ideas to bring in players like HNTM, F. Tom, et. al., because we knew this was against coalition rules. We didn't believe that KKW being in his own alliance but sharing tabs and a pact with TD constituted his alliance being a sovereign unit but rather saw it as an attempt to circumvent the rules. Seeing this, we adopted an eye-for-eye strategy.

This was only one element in the deterioration of relations, mind you. Although it was before my time on council, I know people had some suspicions about TD's intentions because of the NAP they made with ZT. Another reason as time went on was territorial encroachment.

3. All seems to be going well at apoca recently and your ops show good organisation but there are rumours of discord and a few shuffles in the council, along with MP reforming its obvious all is not perfect -care to comment?

I would say this is a bit of old news, but I will address it anyway. The first thing I'll say is that I don't think you can have a large alliance without there being some friction from time to time. I mean, you were in OL, which was only 40-50 people and look how much disruption 3 or 4 people seem to have caused. One thing I have noticed in this game is that it seems that people coming in from a defeated/dying alliance tend to have less friction fitting into the new alliance than two equals coming together. This seems counterintuitive but makes sense when you think about it. When they have come in from a dying/defeated alliance, it's obvious the victorious one has the better structure so you don't have to work out things like whose way is better, etc.. When Pan and TE first came together, there were some teething issues because we had some different approaches, even if mostly there were no real problems. Maybe Nubz was already sick of the game at that point, but he didn't have the patience to stick it out at the time, though he figured we would come together again at some point. As for a couple of the others, well, some positions don't work out for people I guess, even if they may be great and formidable in other roles.

4. Who do you rate as players give me an attacker , defender and all rounder from in your own branch.

I'll admit I don't like these questions since I don't know the ins and outs of how everyone plays and I don't want to insult anyone by leaving them out, so I'm going to abstain. I actually just erased some stuff I had written out. I think I do have to make note of one player, though, since he planned the most clever op I have witnessed or been part of in the game, and that would be Inferni. This was back in the Immortals when not a single other op was successful and “The Immortals” was synonymous with failure. It was very well executed.

Best defender...other than HNTM, who is something of a legend (or a curse, depending on your perspective), I'm going to give my vote to a guy who isn't in the game any more and was never in Apoc/Pan/TE (though he was in a previous alliance I was in). His name was Baldsteve, and around last April or so, he got something like 50,000 DBP in one day, at a time when even a few thousand was a lot. That's not so unreasonable now (although still a big number!), but the server was smaller then and he held off sustained attacks from TD and OL, didn't ask for any help, and didn't lose a city until he decided to walk away from the game. Perhaps he was spending a lot of gold in a last ditch effort, but still, that was mighty impressive.

5. What would you say is your greatest Achievement personally in En72, it can be an op, a defence one individual act or a series of events but please be expansive?

My greatest achievement must be that I appear to have frustrated GGN so much on the externals that he blocked me from contacting him in-game. My second-greatest achievement was returning from VM the other day and evidently having fooled him into thinking I had left the game, so he sent some attacks against me only to find that he was mistaken. I wanted to thank him for remembering me and to tell him that I missed him too, but alas, my message was not able to reach him.

On a more serious note, perhaps my answer would be in running my first alliance for the first two months of the game. Since I was new to the game, I only knew what I was doing in so far as what online tutorials were telling me as well as the advice of one member, and in all honesty I started it as a joke (I gave it the ridiculous name of the Totally Awesome Alliance, or TAA, which some thought meant the T*ts and A** Alliance, though that was just a happy coincidence), but somehow I managed to keep our neutrality and let us grow quietly for about two months before Loushan decided to stab us in the back and subject us to a hostile takeover. For a war game, that is a bit of an odd strategy, but there are about 7 or 8 of us still around out of an alliance that maxed out at around 40 or 45, while other rival alliances at the time that were 3 or 4 times as large have seen almost all their members leave, so maybe there was something to it. Considering what I have seen in Sinope, staying mostly under the radar of the large alliances and balancing NAP's while straddling two oceans for nearly two months would seem like an impossible task in its own right, so maybe it was innovative diplomacy or we got lucky in Herm—I don't know.

(editors note En 81 - both alliances from en 72 started way too late ,even tho it was only 2 weeks, as so many premades went in to what is the most anticipated grep server in my memory..and the invites you extended were slow in being picked up on too -if you had started a month later out on the rim you'd be having a ball...speed 1 tends to be a bit more straight forward and the drop out rate higher -rimmed players rarely return.. however an achievement none the less)

Dumb Report 1 : name obscured due to senders request for more BP -, no you didn't just send 196 odd Ls you actually clicked 'Breakthru' with no troop ships congrats you actually sent 50% that number ( and according to the defender killed 26 Reems)ARRRHHH!!!

Screenshot 2015-03-14 18.00.43.png

Dumb report 2 : Sorry where to begin..CAT nuke? No supporting troops... but best of all NO LS?????? ermm..there are no words.
Screenshot 2015-03-14 18.09.50.png

Dumb Report 3 : Ok do the math here and tell me what is wrong with this picture (hint your enemy..Free DBP?)
Screenshot 2015-03-14 18.15.50.png

Dumb Report 4 : I have about 20 0r 25 of these and more similar but this is my favourite due to the morale..then the luck :)

Screenshot 2015-03-14 18.22.22.png

Genius report:

Ok this has nothing to do with Herm but its so good for anyone that has played conquest, it is worthy of a mention, and an example of what i need to see for genius reports in Herm - A player killing a conquest siege using.. AN ISLAND QUEST!! (grep Legend of course) http://prntscr.com/6gqpmt

TDr / ZT / OL if you don't send me your reports i can't print them.

edit post, would just like to add while i ve been doing this paper i've been hit 3 times in herm, once in Hyper and appear to being getting OP'd in sinope ( but its ok there just more BP)..the things i do for you guys..:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Excellent paper, I'd +rep if I could. Brilliant interview from the founder of Archileaks.

I'm still cringing from those TD reports... I wonder what their leadership does other than scheme? We see no ops, they fail to defend their own players adequately and they're clearly not mentoring their players or showing them how to play the game properly. *shakes head in disbelief*

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
It's all the more delicious when one of the dumb reports comes from their highest-ranked player, the ever-articulate ak42000.

Great job on the paper, once again.

The GM

Phrourach
Moron of The Month Award

Goes to none other than an Apoc player (again)!!

DEEPS.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser

you haven't got your whole head around the ' give it to the paper ' thing buddy, but i would be more than happy to publish in any issue reports pm'd to me by all sides, just TD haven't bothered. so again ,send them and they'll get published.

DeletedUser

@Jam - They finally found one report of a silly attack from our side, I guess GM was so excited he couldn't wait to have it included in any future papers. I just hope he made it to the litter box in time.

images

The GM

Phrourach
Plenty more where that came from Sir C. I thought I would slowly ease everyone into it though to save on injuries that some may sustain.

One would be best suited to keep one's ribs from cracking whilst rolling around on the floor in pure hysterical laughter. Oh the incompetence!

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
While Rome burns, The GM sits around laughing at his opponents instead of being thoroughly embarrassed at his alliance's abysmal record of 135 losses to 16 conquests since January 30th.

ZT has informed me in the same time period, they have lost 24 cities to TD while taking 44.

A while ago we discovered TD's court jester was KingBeef, now The GM has revealed himself to be TD's equivalent to Monty Python's Black Knight. Alas, in grepolis, optimism and brave faces are not enough to conquer cities and win wars.

More numbers to come.

DeletedUser

I'm just going to stop calling militia on this guy..initially when he attacked a few weeks ago i thought hmm no 14 player , well the city is finally gone .so i did call a little help and we crushed him -and it was only a little help. So i thought he'll get a cease and desist from TDr leaders - i mean he has rinsed 4 cs and god knows how many nukes (i may start a new thread with every report -it is truly fascinating )..but now i did give up and just called the militia because Jamo aint nobodies farm..and still he comes a f's up every time . The guy is an Omni-shambles..and is what i can only describe as a lemming -he just keep s coming with his 30% morale.can tdr leadership comment on how they allow a player to be this bad and lose this much against a 2 k city when there is actually fighting to be done elsewhere? I'm lost.
Code:
[b](2015-03-24 09:59:07) Radiation 03 (cosnuta) is attacking i resign[/b]
[table="width: 710, class: outer_border"][tr][td][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/245.png[/img][/td][td][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/190.png[/img][/td][td][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/245.png[/img][/td][/tr][tr][td][font=Courier New][b]Radiation 03[/b]
[b]cosnuta[/b]
[b]Transient Drifters[/b]
[/font][/td][td][font=Courier New][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/ragB.png[/img][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/5/attack.png[/img][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/ragE.png[/img][/font][/td][td][font=Courier New][b]i resign[/b]
[b]jamovic1[/b]
[b]Cos -nutter[/b]
[/font][/td][/tr][tr][td="colspan: 3"][center][url=http://grepolis.potusek.eu/]Grepolis Report Converter Revolution Tools[/url] - ver. 3.2.24 created by Potusek & Anpu[/center][/td][/tr][tr][td][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/pm/strength_of_heroes.png[/img]
[font=Courier New]
Morale: 30%
[color=#b50307]Luck: -6 %[/color]
[/font][font=Courier New][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/fB1_45_4.png[/img]
[color=#b50307]   344 [/color]
[/font][/td][td][center][font=Courier New][b]You have not lost any
resources.[/b]
[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/fS1S2S3.png[/img] 
     0      0      0 
[/font]
[font=Courier New]
[b][/b]
[/font][font=Courier New]
 18920[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/wood.png[/img]  4210
 34400[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/stone.png[/img]   955
 13760[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/iron.png[/img]  3940
     0[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/power.png[/img]     0
   344[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/pop.png[/img]    47[/font][/center]
[/td][td][font=Courier New]
City wall: 6 (-0) 

[/font][font=Courier New][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/fA1.C1.D1.F1.A4_45_4.png[/img]
    37     10      1      3    240 
[color=#b50307]    30      8      1      2    192 [/color]
[/font][/td][/tr][tr][td][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/245.png[/img][/td][td][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/190.png[/img][/td][td][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/245.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]

DeletedUser

Jamo, you're banned from posting reports unless you write another issue of the paper. :pro:

DeletedUser

one last issue to come -got too many reports in not too make it the EPIC fail issue..special section for cosnuta too who is going for his 6th attempt at taking my 2k city -will he succeed - stay tuned - some great reports from all sides and Like muhameed ali i will now start naming all my opponents cosnuta is 'THE LEMMING' :D

DeletedUser

ok last chance to get reports in paper will be done Sat.. as I'm up to my neck in en81 and now for some reason I'm playing en82 too-all when i am suppost to be starting a new job abroad..i say job but its more like a voluntary suicide mission.., this will gen be the last paper it will be extensive tho -include jams guide to WW, fails, successes, a history review and an editorial which i think will be explosive-it carrys allegations that i think your not allowed to put up in the externals but what the hell Jamovic1 is being retired and my other IGN will be revealed at last to all you who keep bugging me about it, so thats as good a way to say good bye sat night, but probably sunday morning..i think i may have a drinking issue and it will be more coherent on a sundaymorning than a sat night.

DeletedUser

it is a cert now..whether you'll have anyone else contesting you for them is a different matter,,

DeletedUser49162

So what happened to the next paper. Someone hardly ran in and sabotaged it did they

DeletedUser48332

Can I get my subscription money back? Been waiting too long for my next installment.

DeletedUser46838

It's been a month and a half since you said you're going to do a newspaper. I want my money (even though I didn't pay anything)