Newspaper The Herm Herald :proposed new issue

DeletedUser

Jamo is busy trying to get everyone in TD banned. Judging by the amount of work he is putting in there we're probably going to get the next issue a few days late ;)
i find this a little insulting, especially after the messages that i got on leaving OL that should of rightly been reported ..
in fairness beefy i think you will find GGN actually requested this by his own hand my hat off to whomever took up the challenge, anyway its against forum rules to discuss such things on the external :)
Paper is coming lads but i am awaiting a breaking news story before we go to press.

More breaking news my good friend Filip has sent a spy at say my name.. Is this to draw support? or is it another TD suicide mission? I am genuinely quite looking forward to sniping of the decoy/real attack (if you dare of course :) i will of course request NO help for any attacks as promised)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48377

Nearly a week late Jamo :( I'm getting rather disapointed with your delay in journalism, if you was writing for a RL newspaper you'd have lost the job a few times over by now, so come on, chop chop get writing :p

DeletedUser

We're still waiting for the massive breaking news to happen before he releases the next issue. At this rate the major story will be that Hermonassa is closing down.

DeletedUser

jesus christ I'm on it you moany bunch of tits.

Infact i will wait til it wraps up to do it justice, i started there but it needs to be decent if its the conclusion..a little patience all.

kingbeef said:
We're still waiting for the massive breaking news to happen before he releases the next issue. At this rate the major story will be that Hermonassa is closing down.

In breaking news war veteran travels to Neath and uses insanity defense to mercilessly butcher an on line gamer. He will be buried with a little crown above his headstone :p

DeletedUser

The Thank God its over issue.

Editorial : Dear En72, i write to you now from a bed in Switzerland. Having read the externals for the past few weeks i have come to the opinion that WW not only ruins the end game but also the level of the Externals PnP which slides down into mediocrity, semantics and thanks to nameless players a diatribe of perpetually bringing up past transgressions, perceived slights and out right gloating..How very depressing it has all become. To cheer myself up i booked my self into Indignitas and instead of eating a poisoned chocolate whilst watching Love Actually i will instead be kicked out the 14th floor of an apartment block while dressed as Spongebob Squarepants.

Congratulations TD, you have won the server. A good victory. I have no doubt that due to a lack of interest you should find the march on to the crown easier. I still hold the opinion that winning the crown in a 400 cap server is much like receiving a cake from someone with a visible horrific skin disease but, congratulations are due none the less. You were tested, although with hindsight the victory may look easier than it really was.

Congratulations must go to Michael Cook. A worthy leader and winner. In the spirit of herm i shall now be giving out awards from the Jamo foundation (consider these all to have solid pillars and to be resplendently draped in blue ribbons).

The Kingbeef award for worst attempt at PnP goes to : No surprises here...Kingbeef for 'Apocalypse dessert top player'. King Beef can't be here to accept this award today but i will accept it on his behalf (i have a short speech prepared).Not only was this a one sentence piece of propaganda its mis spelling and ultimate lambasting lifted anti PnP to a new level thus creating a new level of PnP previously unknown in Grep, hence kamikaze PnP was born.

The award for 'I am not playing anymore' : It was a narrow one this, First nominee was all the leadership of OL and most of OL..second was obviously GGN in the spirit of 'you'll never see me on the externals EVER again' but the taking his ball home and going in a huff grant has to be awarded to AK42000.

The Special category for lifetime services to PnP (also known as the Jozef Gobbels award) goes to : None other than :Sircodfish., It was a close run thing this year other great examples included our very own Jamo's 'Zero tolerance server destroyers' and an honourable mention to Archi and a few late entrys from RedDevils90210. It was Sir cods never ending stream of PnP which kept the externals buzzing, special mention goes to the now infamous 'Rickrolling' which incidentally tied in top place between ZT server destroyers for PnP most likely to receive furious in game hate mail.

The 'You don't really get this whole Grepolis thing yet' award : Again a close run thing, cosnutas attempts on 'say my name' earn him an honourable mention but without doubt the award goes to Killer8796 from issue 6 of the Jamo times..an epic over reaction to a harbour check which makes me proud to see such game play will ultimately be awarded a crown. Well done, it still brings a smile to my face..wisdom, sea storm , zeuses rage , desire..15 slings (and he left all his harbour there anyway) congratulations sir you are a god amongst mere mortals.

The Exorcistul award for Honourable game play: Having been a close contender to receive this award before holding his whole alliance hostage, trying to oust its leader and ultimately running away to join an enemy he openly admits to hating not to win a crown but to prevent anyone he played with for a year doing so and getting one, exo was beaten at the post by Michael Cook. Congratulations Michael you never sunk to our level.

The GM award for 'how far does this Negative Rep meter actually go' : Obviously this has to go to the GM, who must lay awake at night wondering is it not strange that he would be more popular if he had never existed at all?

The Rodney King 'Cant we all just get along?' Prize for exceptional pleas towards rationality in the irrational minds of RTS gamers: and the winner is Dawna123. Her constant attempts to see both sides of the PnP debate and sit on the fence while adjudicating disputes deserve praise, in any other game or theatre of life it would of earned her just that. Here it for some reason had the opposite affect..

So for any and all to see , please go reminiscing thru the masses of worthy PnP we have had here. Whilst some claim to hate it, you keep coming back to read it and there has been some fantastic examples here..also some rebuttals and arguing on technicalities that have made me feel suicidal at times, but still there are some gems there. Congrats again TD, unfort such is the process of WW i feel that you'll steam roller forward now, what was a great server has been ended by (ironically) the end game. A few may hold on but i reckon it is curtains here in EN72. I was going to do a proper issue but the facts are plain to see.Cheers Jamo out.

DeletedUser38070

Excellent edition Jamo, very amusing. If only we could have actually had the awards ceremony. Would Sir C have turned up in a kipper tie? Would the GM be dressed as a pantomime villain? This world was a blast and we all seem to be getting on quite well here at the end - miracles do happen!

DeletedUser48096

Personally I think in the interests of neutrality we need a counter balance news paper.

So here we go.... Introducing... "The Hermonessa Guardian"

Issue 1.

Good day everyone and welcome to what is the first (And possibly last) edition of the new paper here on the Grepo forums The Hermonessa Guardian. Now a little about ourselves, In our journalism we take the Anti-Fox News approach, As in we have an agenda and won't pretend that we don't.

So onto matters concerning Grepo. We have had a very interesting WW period so far full of thrills and spills, twists and turns. So lets recap for all those who aren't keeping score.

Shortly before WWs started Apoc and ZT merged to become Apocalypse-ZeroTolerance (ApocZT). But the problem was that ApocZT wasn't prepared for the start of WWs in the same way their rivals Transient Drifters (TD) where. As a result TD shot off into an early lead and were on the verge of a storming victory with all seven islands all within a week of finishing. Until AK42000 left TD and formed his own alliance and then hid in Vacation Mode. AK is now banned for reasons the Hermonessa Guardian has yet to fully establish but rest assured we are investigating this matter. Now with 6 islands compromised you would think this would give the advantage to ApocZT. But it didn't because as a result of poor strategy and poor WW management TD managed to destroy three of their wonders and despite the massive advantage ApocZT had, TD still completed them first.

So here we currently sit, 6 Wonders currently on level ten, TD has four and ApocZT has 2, The victor of the world award has already been claimed and ApocZT has currently has two wonder islands locked. While TD has one, On Paper this is a stunning and perhaps remarkable turnaround from TD and The Hermonessa Guardian would like to offer a massive congratulations to TD and their leadership.

Now what does the future hold for both alliances? Well with Apoc currently on the verge of losing another wonder with CWBIII on the verge of ghosting soon it likely will destroy yet another ApocZT wonder. Things look gloomy for them lets be honest.. The Hermonessa Guardian has obtained evidence that an ApocZT council member has been desperately trying to contact CWBIII outside of the game, But as of this writing has had little success in this venture, So it looks like another doomed wonder for ApocZT.

Now we at the Hermonessa Guardian would also like to introduce what might become a regular section here, An awards section that we are affectionately calling "The Hermonessa Awards" or "Hermies" for short.

So onto the awards.

The first award is sponsored by Sour Skittles and is the "Its only a Game Award".
This goes to the person who seems most incapable of letting go of grudges and paranoia.

And the nominees are: Archidiamedes; Denis Sabanovic; and Jonny The B

Jonny The B

Unlike Archidiamedes, TD are still awaiting a congratulatory message from Jonny so until that arrives in a TD founders mailbox there can only be one winner of this award. And Denis is unfortunately no longer around to accept this award as he is currently stewing in his own juices.

The second award is sponsored by Bacofoil (leading suppliers of Tin foil) and is the "Conspiracy Theory/Over the top reaction Award"
This award goes to the leading conspiracy theory.

Nominees: The ZT member who threatened legal action against Inno following ZTs failed attempt at the Persian conquest; GGN is DanHaag and Pandemonium's Paranoia

The ZT member who threatened legal action against Inno following ZTs failed attempt at the Persian conquest

Bet you expected me to win... Iam not that vain.. As a rule of thumb the author of this fine paper will not be awarding awards to himself.

The third award is sponsored by former president George W Bush and former UK prime minister Tony Blair and is the "Faking Evidence" Award
This goes to the Alliance who was caught faking messages between players in an attempt to create deceptions

Nominees: Apocalypse-ZeroTolerance;

Apocalypse-ZeroTolerance
As the only nominees voting for this award really wasnt hard. ApocZT were nominated for their faked coms which they sent to multiple players. Since this is something that the Hermonessa Guardian is not aware of any other alliance doing there can only be one nominee for this award.

The Forth award is sponsored by Madonna and is the "Comeback award"
This award goes to the alliance and event which made the best comeback that brought them back into the game.

Nominees: TD during WWs.

TD during WWs.. Obviously..

The Fifth Award is sponsored by Ex-Lax and is the "Verbal Diarrhoea" Award
This award goes to the player that has spoken the biggest amount of rubbish here on the forums.

Nominees: Archidiamedes; Sir Codfish; Jamovic1

3-Way draw. Unfortunaly we were unable to process the amount of Verbal Diarrhoea spoken by players on all sides we couldnt be bothered to pick and out and out winner. Seemed easier to give it a 3-way tie.

The Sixth award is Sponsored by Paris Hilton and is the "Not Remembered and Not Missed" award
This award goes the player that has departed from this world that nobody will miss.

Nominees: John D Spreckels; Bentun; Spiggot; Lord Snow Dreaming; Raivo Pirsalu; Denis Sabanovic and Nate Shermantor

Nobody as nobody really cared that they were no longer around.

So out of six awards, ApocZT players and the alliance wins the majority of them. Let it not be said that this publication is anti-ApocZT.

DeletedUser

Congratulations Apoc-ZT on clearing up during the awards season. Thoroughly deserved it is as well ;)

...and Jamo, do you really think I'd have avoided the awards ceremony if I knew I'd won. I'd like to thank my fan (singular) for all their support over the last 17 months and it's a wonderful feeling to know that the past 17 months have not been in vain. Knowing that all my hard work and effort hasn't been for nothing brings a tear to my eye. A big thank you to my parents for instilling the laziness in me to do a 1 link PnP and not even proof read it. Also thank you to Innogames for not allowing us to edit thread titles after posting, without you the huge embarrassment required to win this award would not have been possible.

The GM

Phrourach
Great piece of journaliam there GGN. A good read, full of unbias reporting that one could never find in the so called 'Herm Herald'.

Copies have been flying off the shelves and in fact demand has well out placed supply. Unfortunately this cannot be said for the so called 'Herald'. Sensationalist journalism fed with lies and propoganda has kept the masses away from this purchase.

A big shout out must go to APES/ZT who cleaned up with the majority of the awards. A special mention must be made to all their award winners who so graciously made the effort to turn up on the night. The highlight of the night was the three way acceptance speech between Jamo, Sir Cod and Archi in claiming their reward. Bile, filth and deception gave way to reflection upon a job so poorly done. Not a dry eye left in the house as their pain could be felt through every attendee.

Last edited:

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
hehe, beefheart :)

It's good that GGN's "newspaper" has a spelling error in the title, because like any cheap knockoff that is immediately proven to be fake, it can be dismissed outright without having to look into it any further.

One wonders how this happened, because he has done more to put the "a$$" in Hermonassa than almost anyone else on the server (minus, naturally, The Expendables, whose prodigious efforts in this category are beyond the realm of most mortals).

;)

As for the actual paper, it was a very amusing final edition, although I think Jamo perhaps should have had his own nomination in the "I am not playing anymore" category since I'm pretty sure we have had a few final editions by now. (Not that I am complaining!) I disagree with one winner, but no matter.

I'll save handing out some awards until the final countdown begins, whenever that will be.

DeletedUser48096

Its sounds to me like Archi the grammar nazi is disappointed that he didnt win the sourest loser award.

DeletedUser

I'm glad you didn't like the Herm Herald Gm and not my fact based unbiased bonanza that was the Jamo times.:cool:
And to think i actually showed massive self restraint in writing most of it lol! i will of course come back at some point and abuse you all so badly you'll be looking back on the Jamo times as a treasured childhood holiday.

I thank you all for your continued kind comments and accepting awards and the paper in the spirit in which they were intended (well you anyway king beef )

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
Its sounds to me like Archi the grammar nazi is disappointed that he didnt win the sourest loser award.

No, you see, Dan, I was simply speaking tongue-in-cheek, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. The fact that you are choosing to interpret my words in that way is proof that you are using a confirmation bias that fits in with your own narrative about my character. "You are simply interpretting [sic] what you want to read from my words and cherry picking the conclusions from them."

DeletedUser48096

Dan?

Sorry Arch but my name genuinely isn't Dan.. I do have a good friend called Dan who is still out in the Caribbean and taunting me with his adventures on facebook....

He says Hi by the way.

Dive27.5.png

Yep thats actually Dan..

To be honest Arch this is getting rather tiresome and you really are showing yourself to be a rather pathetic person. I know you were talking tongue-cheek, as was I. But your attempts to parody me are rather pathetic since I was also talking tongue-in-cheek and I would have thought that would have been obvious based on my reply.

But the thing that makes this pathetic is that even logically your parody and doesn't make sense in the general theme of the conversation as you didn't imply a context to misrepresent (Or even strawman) so your parody is just sad when placed in where it is.

DeletedUser

Aha, thanks for the paper Jamo, an entertaining read and one where you gave credit that wasn't based on partisan emotions. I'd like to take a moment to thank all those who voted me in for the prestigious award: The Special category for lifetime services to PnP. *starts to tear up*

I'd also like to congratulate TD once again for their end game victory thus far. There is no doubt that uncertainty over who would pull it off with the several twists and turns led to suspense. Grep is an awesome game, although the WW stage could possibly be improved.

The copycat, heavily partisan and second rate "The Hermonessa Guardian" wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I understand why GGN excluded himself from any awards - he would have scooped up too many!

Sour Skittles and is the "Its only a Game Award" - The GM: I think the reason is evident to all.

Part 1 - Conspiracy Theory - The person I rickrolled. *snigger*
Part 2 - Over the top reaction Award - GGN: For trying to claim libel against his virtual game character.

The third award is sponsored by former president George W Bush and former UK prime minister Tony Blair and is the "Faking Evidence" Award - GGN: For fabricating a conversation with himself... I mean his "friend", to fool ZT and get a spy.

The Fifth Award is sponsored by Ex-Lax and is the "Verbal Diarrhoea" Award - GGN/The GM: A tie for obvious reasons.
I notably didn't edit the fourth award. Given TDs poor performance all server long, only to stun herm by getting 4 WWs first, I think it's fair to say it was a great comeback, even if it was by hook or by crook...

No, you see, Dan, I was simply speaking tongue-in-cheek, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. The fact that you are choosing to interpret my words in that way is proof that you are using a confirmation bias that fits in with your own narrative about my character. "You are simply interpretting [sic] what you want to read from my words and cherry picking the conclusions from them."

Aha, I don't think he likes it when you use his own tactics against him! :D

DeletedUser48096

Are you seriously trying to suggest that me and a friend having a fake conversation is worse than Apoc committing an act that is illegal in a number of western countries? It would appear that you are... Would love to hear your justification for that..

Also Iam not threatening any libel or deformation of character suits (Unlike LeTron Aims) Iam simply informing you of the act you are committing.

Also Sir Cod, It doesnt bother me its just Archi's reply isnt funny. Had I twisted his interpretation then maybe I might acknowledge he might have a good and funny reply there. But since I didnt and I also replied with a tongue-in-cheek reply. It as a result just reads as just a sad and pathetic parody with little to no context for it.

DeletedUser

GGN said:
Also Sir Cod, It doesnt bother me its just Archi's reply isnt funny.
I have struggled to understand GGN throughout this server but hope fully we can find some common ground -i give you german humour..

Der Richter zum Angeklagten: "Sie sind beschuldigt, Ihren Nachbarn unter Schimpfworten in den Wald getrieben und dort ganz fürchterlich verprügelt zu haben. Sind Sie da nicht ein bisschen zu weit gegangen, Angeklagter?" Antwort: "Ja, das stimmt, Herr Richter! Ich hätte es schon vorher auf der Wiese tun sollen!"

GGN said:
Also Iam not threatening any libel or deformation of character suits (Unlike LeTron Aims)

I remember when he left TD and EN72 Mike called him and i quote 'Our valued friend...is sadly leaving' Oh what a difference a few months make in Grep..award for legal action against inno was it GGN? But you had his back and never brought it up when he came to TD as i remember...
GGN said:
Are you seriously trying to suggest that me and a friend having a fake conversation is worse than Apoc committing an act that is illegal in a number of western countries? It would appear that you are... Would love to hear your justification for that..

And what is your justification for using photoshop to 'fool' ZT..let me guess they are totally unrelated matters because -you did it..yawn get over yourself mate.

DeletedUser48096

I have struggled to understand GGN throughout this server but hope fully we can find some common ground -i give you german humour..

Der Richter zum Angeklagten: "Sie sind beschuldigt, Ihren Nachbarn unter Schimpfworten in den Wald getrieben und dort ganz fürchterlich verprügelt zu haben. Sind Sie da nicht ein bisschen zu weit gegangen, Angeklagter?" Antwort: "Ja, das stimmt, Herr Richter! Ich hätte es schon vorher auf der Wiese tun sollen!"

Iam flattered Jams. Flattered that I have been that hard to read.... P.S. Thanks for that Classic German Joke.. As much as that sounds like an oxymoron, we do have some jokes.

I remember when he left TD and EN72 Mike called him and i quote 'Our valued friend...is sadly leaving' Oh what a difference a few months make in Grep..award for legal action against inno was it GGN? But you had his back and never brought it up when he came to TD as i remember...

Because he never followed through on his claim, He messaged Inno threatening it while he was in ZT and was banned for it. His account was only reactivated when he ceased his claim. Once the truth of what happened was actually explained to him by us he accepted his loss.

And what is your justification for using photoshop to 'fool' ZT..let me guess they are totally unrelated matter because -you did it..yawn get over yourself mate.

You seem to be selective in your interpretation of what I told you. That screenshot was genuine and was sent to me by a ZT council member as I told Jonny at the time. Again as I told you before I told you before it was a fake because it was what ZT and Jonny wanted to hear... Not what was actually true... Secondly I never used it to try and trick people into leaving their alliance. I used it simply for PnP purposes but not to trick players into leaving.

DeletedUser

GGN said:
You seem to be selective in your interpretation of what I told you
oh god that old chestnut..i am not arch or sir cod..do i really have to go looking thru all my PM's again to where you admit to photoshopping the page? Really, or let me guess was that a trick too to see if i was passing info on???

GGN i can't believe you are going down this road, everything you do is a slight of hand or a trick to weed out spies or opposition - but it has a 6 month time delay on it..I am a grown up, you know and right now my BS meter is maxed out..what are you saying..that a ZT council member passed you that screenshot? or you implied a ZT member passed you that screenshot to out me as a spy, or you faked it for a just cause or you faked it to trick enemies into believing what you sent me in a PM.. what is more likley here - everything you ever do is duplicitous? For once pick your option carefully as it places doubt on all your previous claims..and while i'm no saint , unlike you i never once claimed to be one, just once can you admit the 'truth? you use the same tactics and you are the same as SC, and Arch and Me?You would give an aspirin a headache.