The Ideal En100 Settings And Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser41523

Alright here's the ideal settings.

Speed: 6

Unit: 6

Alliance Cap: 50

World Cap: Set it to the same world cap as a 3 speed server for this one. Let a lot of people take this in.

Morale: Off. Don't even announce a world 100 if you plan on putting morale on.

System: Conquest, Lato is all but over and lets be real, Rhodes is just place holding until a good world opens. A new strong conquest world is needed. Revolt should get theirs shortly after as well. But nearly every major advertising alliance is looking for a conquest server.

Conq Timer: 6 hours.

Protection: 7 days. Now that is super long, but hear me out, let the tension build and let everyone rack up multiple cities before BP drops. Make that first week a total blood bath. That will put a lot of thinking and strategy into this world at the start.

Alternatively: Drop us into a world with NO protection and make it a struggle from the start.

If these settings are followed, then i believe En100 will be epic and will draw in En, US, international, new players, and old timers into the world and game. What do you all think?

DeletedUser54938

I would like to think they won't stick us with awful settings on the 100th world, but I will believe it when I see it.

DeletedUser53923

erroneous on all accounts. that world would be a dud. its a novelty. but even the best players would burn out, and anything below second tier might as well not join cause i could CS them from an ocean away. anything above 4 is for summer speed worlds. not competitive play.

DeletedUser41523

I think the pressure is on. The word is out that France got some fast settings. Now the expectations to not just match them but out do them is incredibly high I feel.

DeletedUser41523

erroneous on all accounts. that world would be a dud. its a novelty. but even the best players would burn out, and anything below second tier might as well not join cause i could CS them from an ocean away. anything above 4 is for summer speed worlds. not competitive play.

Depends on how you fight and react to losses. There's no way that no diplomacy would work out for long. Fighting on all fronts would cause a burn out. But I think there would still be a lot of blood and insanity in this world. Call it a world for the legends. :)

TheLastCrusader

Phrourach
honestly i think a speed 6 could work,and i like all your settings but one,conquest,it simply would not work on speed 6,however revolt would be really fun on that speed.So only difference i would want is revolt world with a 2-3 day Bp period

DeletedUser53908

If you're going to have BP for 7 days you might as well open with an event and have people starting with crazy full nukes

DeletedUser35069

I think 6 is slightly too high. I remember everyone thinking the last speed 4 was cool then after 2 months players saying they had to hit vm as they couldn't get a break/go to the toilet/make food/sleep. Some it didn't bother so much and as the server matured it balanced out.

Even speed 4 there was plenty of opportunities for 10/15min cs tts. There's fast and not giving players any chance to have any kinda life fast.

Apart from that low cap for sure. No morale it has to be. Morale seems to have made a come back when it disappeared for a while, guessing that was to protect slower paced newer players but speed servers aren't really designed for that kinda play anyway so adding it would be pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

i think speed 4 would be the absolute floor of expectations here. But I still think 6 would be the one to shoot for.

DeletedUser17591

No official pacts/shared tabs. Make sister alliances have a hard time simming ;)

Yes - and add to that NO Reservation Sharing, to eliminate the Mega-Alliances. An Alliance cap of 50 is meaningless if you don't eliminate the possibility of the Mega-alliances. People will just share forums, and reservations, and join up. On EN63 we had 5 alliances in one, and owned about 75% of the world map. And I believe that had an alliance cap of 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.