The Invalidation of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser38224

I don't really see how it should be illegal; All it is is civil Discussion, That is being conducted in the proper section of the forum, Off-topic.

DeletedUser33530

To be honest, I'm not really Interested in debating this any further with you; I've made a solid enough case to convince myself that God exists, I truly am sorry I wasn't able to influence your decision that he doesn't exist. Maybe these two Intellectual Heavyweights you've sent your argument to will do so. My only hope is that this Hypothetical third party might read my posts and be touched to not stop following God.

In your example we can compare:

- Your cliff to Not following God

- The Article that Claims your car can Fly to Pebbles Original Post

- The Source that says your car can't fly to Common sense

- The Common sense Monster, or whatever the hell the incarnation of common sense is to God

So, In your situation, The Common sense Monster has to add something in to Common sense to Prevent this Dumbass article writer from Telling you that your Car can fly.

Now, the common sense monster Had previously said that you were allowed to Drive your car off the cliff, It's just that you would Die, And that he won't attempt to Prevent you from Driving your car off the Cliff if you want to.

If He goes and Modifies Common sense to stop this article Writer from writing the article, and in effect stops you from being informed about Your car supposedly being able to fly, He is Breaking his Promise.
You are clearly over thinking this. Look, If I give you five dollars to never speak to me again and you never speak to me again have I taken away your free will in influencing your choice?
Actually forget that. I'm being a jerk therefore you decide to ignore me. Is it on your own free will that you are choosing to ignore me?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38224

You are clearly over thinking this. Look, If I give you five dollars to never speak to me again and you never speak to me again have I taken away your free will in influencing your choice?

It seems like you're just saying random stuff now To be honest.

So, In your situation, The Common sense Monster has to add something in to Common sense to Prevent this Dumbass article writer from Telling you that your Car can fly.

Now, the common sense monster Had previously said that you were allowed to Drive your car off the cliff, It's just that you would Die, And that he won't attempt to Prevent you from Driving your car off the Cliff if you want to.

If He goes and Modifies Common sense to stop this article Writer from writing the article, and in effect stops you from being informed about Your car supposedly being able to fly, He is Breaking his Promise.

I'm not sure how to make this clearer to you :D

DeletedUser33530

It seems like you're just saying random stuff now To be honest.

I'm not sure how to make this clearer to you :D

If I influence you to make a decision am I taking your free will away. There. As straight forward as possible.

God knowing all including all possible futures would know exactly how to have the article not exist.
He's not changing common sense. He couldn't anyway. He is finding a way to make you not read the article. He can predict anything so he can literally set it up for the beginning of creation so you don't read the article in one possible future.

Think of it like one of those the wind cause a rock to Fall which causes me to get knocked out which made me go to hospital where I met your mother. Yes there is no choice there but the concept of one random event leading to something else is the same. God can set up the world to make that wind not happen and make this reality not happen. Same way he can set up the world to stop you from reading some random newspaper article.

DeletedUser38224

If I influence you to make a decision am I taking your free will away. There. As straight forward as possible.

God knowing all including all possible futures would know exactly how to have the article not exist.
He's not changing common sense. He couldn't anyway. He is finding a way to make you not read the article. He can predict anything so he can literally set it up for the beginning of creation so you don't read the article in one possible future.

Think of it like one of those the wind cause a rock to Fall which causes me to get knocked out which made me go to hospital where I met your mother. Yes there is no choice there but the concept of one random event leading to something else is the same. God can set up the world to make that wind not happen and make this reality not happen. Same way he can set up the world to stop you from reading some random newspaper article.

I'm not really interested into Responding to every Harebrained Metaphor you come up with that has Absolutely no relevance to the current discussion.

If God Prevents you from not believing in him, he is breaking his promise. I'm not sure how you are not getting this.

DeletedUser33530

I'm not really interested into Responding to every Harebrained Metaphor you come up with that has Absolutely no relevance to the current discussion.

If God Prevents you from not believing in him, he is breaking his promise. I'm not sure how you are not getting this.

That wasn't a metaphor at all. It also has complete relevance to the conversation you and I are having.

If God directly prevents you then yes he would be breaking free will. That isn't the argument though. You claimed that in influencing you God breaks free will. I'm trying to show you why that's bs.

DeletedUser8396

To all nonbelievers http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/12-year-old-girl-paints-heaven-child-prodigy-wvideo.html

also there is a true story called heaven is for real about a 12 year old boy who knew things he could not have possibly known. He saw one of the painting of jesus this girl drew and said that is the man he saw in heaven.

John 1:18: No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

To be honest, I'm not really Interested in debating this any further with you; I've made a solid enough case to convince myself that God exists, I truly am sorry I wasn't able to influence your decision that he doesn't exist. Maybe these two Intellectual Heavyweights you've sent your argument to will do so. My only hope is that this Hypothetical third party might read my posts and be touched to not stop following God.

In your example we can compare:

- Your cliff to Not following God

- The Article that Claims your car can Fly to Pebbles Original Post

- The Source that says your car can't fly to Common sense

- The Common sense Monster, or whatever the hell the incarnation of common sense is to God

Convinced yourself using poor arguments and bad logic? Then I completely agree in having no desire to continue the conversation with you - especially since once you convinced yourself you backed away. Reminiscent of my past experiences with other Christians. How sad that I would receive your pity instead of your counter. You rely on hopes and prayers that your arguments will influence instead of providing an argument that would demand your hope. But now I'm becoming accusatory and preach-like. Nevertheless:

Your argument is weak at best. First, allow me to simply say your post was very poor in conveying your idea. Now, on to the actual argument.

We (mainly you and Cheater) have failed to define common sense. Also, you havefailed to say who provided common sense. If it is God that provided common sense, He maintains all rights over it and may change it whenever and however He wishes. You would have no authority over His changing it. Also, according to your argument, our choices would be just as predetermined if He did not change common sense as under a paradigm where He did change common sense - the guidelines for our choices would be supplied by Him either way. No matter what, if God provided the common sense, our actions are predetermined.

If humans provided common sense, then, as God has authority over us, He may still change common sense. However, you would say that since this violates our free will, I'll destroy that for you:

What is free will? The freedom to choose. Fine - will yourself to teleport over to the arctic. Can't do it? Well...that sucks. Really wished you could - y'know...have free will and all. What you have is a limited free will - capable of choosing certain choices under set guidelines. God has already made it so that you cannot teleport - does that break His promise of free will (which is not given anyway). No, it doesn't. Thus, if God were to limit you by another choice, it would not break this promise you've thrust upon Him.

So His removing the article would not remove your ability to drive off the cliff. You are still capable of driving off - He simply removed the influence from you to do so.

But then we must ask where the influence to stay inside the lines came from - where did the influence to preserve your life come from? Him. So did He break His promise there? No. Your argument just doesn't stand up.

how is this sort of thing not illegal on this forum :rolleyes:

Is it literature? Yes? Then may I refer you to the section heading.

Then leave the thread.

DeletedUser38224

Convinced yourself using poor arguments and bad logic? Then I completely agree in having no desire to continue the conversation with you - especially since once you convinced yourself you backed away.

It's not that I convinced Myself of anything before "backing away". My Beliefs never changed, You have failed to convince me that God Doesn't Exist. Perhaps the quoted Post was poorly written in this manner, since what I really meant was that I had discounted your argument against the existence of God.

Reminiscent of my past experiences with other Christians. How sad that I would receive your pity instead of your counter.

Why shouldn't you receive My pity? I am going to Heaven when I die and you are going to Hell.

You are in my prayers.

DeletedUser8396

It's not that I convinced Myself of anything before "backing away". My Beliefs never changed, You have failed to convince me that God Doesn't Exist. Perhaps the quoted Post was poorly written in this manner, since what I really meant was that I had discounted your argument against the existence of God.

Why shouldn't you receive My pity? I am going to Heaven when I die and you are going to Hell.

You are in my prayers.

How...arrogant. I now see why other religions hate Christians. For the record, I haven't accepted this as fact yet. So please, take your own Book's advice and don't judge the heart of others.

This was a waste of time. Thread closed by OP request.

Status
Not open for further replies.