The Just For Laughs - Retribution War: An Interview With LaSophie

DeletedUser41523

TKF: So you guys have gotten out to a hot start, I think between Retribution and Boom, you guys have a 5-0 lead right out of the gate. Do you think that this is just the warm up or do you foresee Retribution and their allies giving you any trouble as they get more established?

LaSophie:
I think statistics like those are distorted and aren't reflecting the full picture, but even so the number is likely higher due to their top player ghosting and some other sieges on the side. We are a very able alliance that did not start on any offences as of yet in the siege-o-sphere, we are just having fun right now, and it seems that's already enough to drive Retribution and its allies mad. I don't see Retribution & Co causing us significant issues; their pacts are spread out, being hit from all sides, and their player base is based on new players or old players who never made the cut into good teams. We are only getting started.

TKF: Speaking of the war score, Aestibus asserted that the initial two scores by JFL don't count because the players were gold traders. I just wanted to give you a chance to reply to this.

LaSophie:
I never liked war-scores, because, as I mentioned earlier, they often distort the reality. You don't know what's going on unless you're part of either team. I always respect my enemy, but the disrespect they shown us is quite frankly disgusting. The war, in our perspective, has not even begun, and it won't finish until we clear the ocean out of Retribution and co. We have them against the wall, except that there is no wall for them to fall back on.

TKF: Were you surprised by how personal the interviews seemed to get? What was your reaction to the Retribution interviews?

LaSophie:
I think it's very wrong to be accusing our entire team of cheating and botting without providing evidence or proof. There's a difference between experience and cheating, and as you should know by now, all of us are experienced players, we have pretty much seen all there is to see. I don't like the arrogance their leadership is displaying; they are struggling against us, they will continue to struggle against us, and quite frankly, they will fall apart unless they leave our ocean, but with their top player ghosting and their other big player leaving, I fear this 'war' will end before it even began.

TKF: Do you have any comments about Retribution and their allies? Or any personal responses you'd like to give directly to them?

LaSophie:
We do the talking in-game, and it's pretty evident we shown Retribution what we are capable of :) They are more than welcome of continuing their life in denial, but this is the reality, sometimes it's ugly, but that's what it is. This is our ocean and I have faith in every single one of my team-mates.
As to the grand MRA-Coalition, it's the biggest 'hug' I have ever seen in all my 8 years of this game, but MRAs fall for a reason. If you want proof, just refer to that Mass Mail I have sent them all -- over 40 players, out of 350, have sent support to one of JFLs cities simply because I told them to.

TKF: Have any alliances in the world impressed you so far?

LaSophie:
I am, of course, a big fan of FRANK, and I wish them all the best in whatever they want to achieve, so I'm sure the upcoming war with Nemesis (?) will be interesting to watch. Nemesis need some spectacular players to even stand a chance against FRANK, I'm not sure they're quite up for it, but looks can deceive.
I'm looking into Hugs, but I believe they have a heavy revolt-roster. I'm not a hundred per-cent certain on that, but it will be interesting to see how a revolt team fares in the big boys and girls playground :)

DeletedUser46395

Pretty good effort, Sophie. Nice bit of psychological warfare. I think you overplayed your hand a little with the word "disgusting" so early on - "disappointing" would have left you much safer on the moral high ground. But 9/10 from me. Well played.

On a personal note, I find you describing me as "a heavy revolt-roster" to be weightist and discriminatory. ;)

CosmoDarksun

Hoplite
I like it, a good read with some valid points.. Curious to see how it all plays out.

Thanks for putting the time in TKF.

DeletedUser46395

i dont think any top tier conquest player would consider you or that ally as anything else than revolt players :)
Well at least you didn't say revolting... ;)

I make no bones about it, I'm an awful conquest player. Just doesn't seem a logical system to me. I'm a reasonable revolt player, a pretty decent revolt strategist and leader, and probably the finest propagandist the game has ever seen. I'm also the most modest player in the game. :D

If this was a Domination world, it wouldn't be for me. But it's not. Olympus actually seems far more tailored for my skills and for revolt players in general than other endgame versions - much more about teamwork than CQ normally is right at the start.

But we'll see. I could easily be wrong. It happened once, in 1972 - I thought I had made a mistake, but I hadn't...:p

Evil MeIinoe

Strategos
As to the grand MRA-Coalition, it's the biggest 'hug' I have ever seen in all my 8 years of this game, but MRAs fall for a reason. If you want proof, just refer to that Mass Mail I have sent them all -- over 40 players, out of 350, have sent support to one of JFLs cities simply because I told them to.

Can confirm lol