The King is Back

DeletedUser20688

The king was playing this game and attacking a player ranked top 5 in the server. As the king does he dominates people who use gold and higher ranks but two things happened during my operation on this certain player.

Issue 1:

Within 12 hours, the player who claims to be good, got put in revolt by myself, by someone who doesn't do 20 Olympic games a day like the guy I was attacking (guy has double my citys). I send my CS as soon as it went into the RR, no delays or anything, soon as it went red my CS was due to land.

I get a spy 2 hours before my landing and find the wall has gone from 0 to 24 in the space of 10 hours aswell as having 1k land defence there without transports.

Now, am I the only one here who thinks this game needs a cap on gold used per day? Obviously it won't happen as INNO will do anything to take more money from it's users but would the people want to see something like this implanted?

This game is a pay2win game and it's such a shame.

Issue 2:

Being the greatest, I timed my attacks with the CS perfectly. I got some great luck and got 2 LS nukes and 2 Land nukes within 1 second of the CS.

Yet, I still got sniped. How does the same timing issue work on this game? Adv to the defender or attacker? I've been in both situations and got the wrong end of the stick so what is the actual way the game handles same time attacks?

Would you guys like to see milliseconds introduced like in motorsport (Hrs:Mins:secs:Minsecs - xx:xx:xx:xxx) ? and if they are the same (what rarely happens) the person who sent first gets the advantage? What are peoples opinions on this issue

- The King

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Welcome back King, we've been waiting. Now time for WehBol.

DeletedUser

Yet, I still got sniped. How does the same timing issue work on this game? Adv to the defender or attacker? I've been in both situations and got the wrong end of the stick so what is the actual way the game handles same time attacks?

Would you guys like to see milliseconds introduced like in motorsport (Hrs:Mins:secs:Minsecs - xx:xx:xx:xxx) ? and if they are the same (what rarely happens) the person who sent first gets the advantage? What are peoples opinions on this issue

I'm pretty sure that the servers already figure milliseconds, but we only see full seconds.

DeletedUser6029

- The King

Actually as far back as the first generation worlds this has not been the "norm". Many times those of us who could time like gods would see this and pull back, often times messing with our timing run, because there is no explanation as to who hits first or why. I have seen it go both ways.

DeletedUser20688

Actually as far back as the first generation worlds this has not been the "norm". Many times those of us who could time like gods would see this and pull back, often times messing with our timing run, because there is no explanation as to who hits first or why. I have seen it go both ways.

So would you like to see something like milliseconds or a clear rule giving the advantage to the attack/support launched first?

DeletedUser

The grepolis data files use a unix timestamp (no milliseconds). It would seem strange to me for the game to use a different datatype. I have yet to personally see any exception to the first launched first land rule. Not saying it is definitely true but the law of averages would say 50% of the times it would be wrong. I must be due for it to be wrong soon :)

DeletedUser

I heard whatever is SENT first, lands first. And i trust my source.

DeletedUser6029

So would you like to see something like milliseconds or a clear rule giving the advantage to the attack/support launched first?
I don't think it matters...it has something to do with the +/- of the server. I figure if it happens to everyone equally, who am I to when it happens to me...no I suck it up as part of the intrigues of the game and make do....

DeletedUser12330

I heard whatever is SENT first, lands first. And i trust my source.

This is deffinitly not true, first time I came across this I had a CS landing and brieme support landing both at the same time. The CS was sent first and on my drop down list was shown to be hitting first, but when it got there my briemes landed first, ever since then I have always recalled if the time is the same

DeletedUser

This is deffinitly not true, first time I came across this I had a CS landing and brieme support landing both at the same time. The CS was sent first and on my drop down list was shown to be hitting first, but when it got there my briemes landed first, ever since then I have always recalled if the time is the same

I heard its based on an equation leveraging the City name, the time of day and the amount of silver you have in your cave.

DeletedUser

I agree there needs to be some restrictions on gold and as for the time issue it always seems to me like the defenders have an advantage like most things..

DeletedUser12330

One thing I like about Grepolis compared to other games of this type is that Gold has a smaller effect.
Yes I do use gold but only for administrator and Captain. I know you can halve building times and troop production times, but you still have to farm the resources to do so and the only way to do that is to be very active, therefore I have no problem with others using gold, besides what if those people didn't use gold innogames would have no income and what stop the game

DeletedUser20688

One thing I like about Grepolis compared to other games of this type is that Gold has a smaller effect.
Yes I do use gold but only for administrator and Captain. I know you can halve building times and troop production times, but you still have to farm the resources to do so and the only way to do that is to be very active, therefore I have no problem with others using gold, besides what if those people didn't use gold innogames would have no income and what stop the game

Ads on the forum and ingame can cover costs.

DeletedUser

Ads on the forum and ingame can cover costs.

Yep thats a great idea!!
Just like commercial TV stations with adverts every 30 minutes :)
You stay up until 4am just to send your very precisely timed attack, you're tired and not in the best of moods but so proud you have managed to stay awake. Just as you are about to press that send button an advert for a energy drink flashes onto your screen.
Attack time missed!!!
Think I would prefer someone to waste their gold building a wall back up, just think of the pleasure of knocking that expensive wall back down :)

DeletedUser20688

Ads may be the cancer in the capitalist world we live in today but it's a source of income many use today for profit such as myself, I allow company's to use ads in my line of work. They get promotion, I get money, everyones a winner.

DeletedUser

Ads may be the cancer in the capitalist world we live in today but it's a source of income many use today for profit such as myself, I allow company's to use ads in my line of work. They get promotion, I get money, everyones a winner.

Advertisements stink... and allowing them into the game would be a big mistake... like buying a car that's NOT a BMW... The ultimate driving machine. See your BMW dealer today.

And once you open the door to inline advertisements, they'll never stop... much like Energizer batteries... and that adorable Energizer Bunny... they'll keep going and going and going.....

And like the VISA card... those ads will be everywhere you want to be... but without the low interest rates and fine customer service you've come to expect from VISA.

I guess what I'm trying to say is.... nothing comes between me and my Calvins... nothing should come between me and my Grepolis either...

So stop whining, and go buy some gold already.... JUST DO IT.

Oh, what the hell..... "GOT GOLD?"

Last edited by a moderator: