Newspaper The Kleos: Issue 1

DeletedUser44867

τηε κλέος
Friday, March 28, 2014​

WHAT YOU'VE MISSED
Wreckless had members split into both Zero Tolerance and Transient Drifters and the Drifters absorbed Phoenix Rising into their alliance. Revolution has started to absorb Hermonassa Federation and Phi is really bad at contacting alliances.

STATS
WARS:​

Zero Tolerance VS The Terran Empire

No other confirmed wars at this time.

CURRENT BP RANKINGS:

ABP Ranking​
Alliance Name​
DBP Ranking​
Alliance Name​
1Zero Tolerance: 1,538,9621Zero Tolerance: 627,179
2A Dragon Rises: 668,2732The Immortals: 393,424
3The Immortals: 681,3023A Dragon Rises: 287,471
4WRECKLESS Inc: 539,7354WRECKLESS Inc: 272,179
5The Terran Empire: 416,2475The Terran Empire: 225,183
6Macedonian Phalanx: 388,3086Macedonian Phalanx: 217,781
7Transient Drifters: 330,6557Bone Heads: 180,573
8Northern Gods: 303,0298Transient Drifters: 112,000
9The Exiles: 237,2509Hermonassa Federation: 110,069
10KnightsTemplar: 225,55610Northern Gods:109,294
If this issue does well, the next will have separate rows for the increase/decrease in ABP/DBP

INTERVIEWS
Transient Drifters
What was the final decision for leaving Wreckless? What are they now - friend, or foe?

For the most part myself and a few of my friends felt a bit alienated given the distance and other factors though the main reason we left wreckless isn't with wreckless anymoreeee soooo I suppose we are alright. Still some very good people there.

A good number of players from other alliances have begun to join you, did you invite them or did they ask to join?

We recruited a few but for the most part many of those from other alliances were either friends of mine or asked to join. We do have a lot of strong members and some very knowledgeable ones and the certainly helps in drawing people in. Many of the random people who ask me game questions and strategy have come over simply because we teach our members better then most. :)

Are there any other alliances that worry you or that you see as a threat?

Worry about or feel threatened no haha. We own our oceans for the most part. The only thing we would really be worried about are long distance attacks or a conglomerate of near by alliance coming after us at once.

Some of the other top members seem to have moved over to Zero Tolerance. What do you think was the cause of this? How do you think W.I. and Z.T. will do after this transfer?

Ya that was in large part to a power shift and W.I. losing its council. I think this make ZT the group to beat and W.I. is on the decline. I also see some tension coming from this...Can I say the next big war. :)

How amazing and wonderful is Phi?

Omit this question....haha just kidding she is pretty awesome

Do you think you'll see players from other alliances joining you, or a future merger in the process?

Yes we have some possible mergers in the works. We are working on terms and trying to set up something to work together and see if we can be one cohesive unit before we actually do merge. We hope to see this happen shortly.

Are you at war with anyone currently/anticipating war?

Sure we think we have some people planning to come for us. Surely they know who they are and should be advised that attacking us would be very dumb. We work very well together and would pick them off one by one. We hope that they sit at home and enjoy their time on the server and do not try to come after us and end that time quickly.

Why the merger into the Drifters? Were you invited or did you ask to join?

I had been speaking to Nate for a while and had already sounded him out regarding our diplomatic options. It made sense from our point of view to join some of the biggest players in this world. We were in the middle of a lot of big alliances and recruitment was nearly impossible (No one ever responded to my mail :( ) The most important thing for our leaders was that it was a full merge with all of our players coming over. Also, I think Transient Drifters formed for similar reasons to Phoenix Rising, giving us common ideals.

Are there any alliances that worry you now that you have left your previous alliance?

I wouldn't say worry but I do think a lot about all the other alliances. There is potential risk all around us and we always need to keep on top of everyone.

Were you at any wars prior to joining Drifters? What is the condition of these wars now that you have joined?

We were at war with The Terran Empire. We didn't really feel strong enough but were provoked into it. We took 2 of their cities and they only took 1 of ours so we did okay. We may have been smaller but we were pretty much completely active as an alliance which meant we had a high level of support in place to protect each other. Even though they are not a target for us at the moment, we all hold a personal grudge for iran6670 and would love to eventually take him and his alliance down.

Are there any alliances that worry you/you look at highly?

No one worries me. If we have learnt anything from the situation Wreckless find themselves in, it is that a loyal group of players will outlast a big, dictatorial alliance. I would say Zero Tolerance are the biggest threat to everyone though, they just seem to be huge at the moment and keep recruiting anyone in their oceans worth having. We actually lost a lot of players at Phoenix Rising to their recruitment drive.

Zero Tolerance
Recently you've had a large number of Wreckless members merge into ZT. Did they ask for an invite, or did ZT provoke them to join? What was the reason behind this? Is Wreckless now an enemy?

Wreckless had some leadership problems and I was in close touch with the previous team. They agreed the best thing to do was a merge into ZT. Whilst this was in progress, as I understand it the original founder returned and wanted to resurrect the alliance. Since then I have heard very little from WI and I'm lead to believe a new team is again in place. Since I feel pacts are about trust and communication between individuals, a pact is no longer appropriate for ZT until we can build that level of trust again. So no, WI is not an enemy, the stance is neutral and I wish them all the best with the issues they've had.

Wreckless also had some large losses to a new alliance, Transient Drifters. Any inital views on the new alliance? Friend, or foe? Sink, or swim?

Transient Drifters have a great average and some good players, I think they'll swim and I hope we can build a reasonable relationship with them.

With these losses, what do you think will be the outcome of Wreckless?

I'm not sure what will become of Wreckless now. It depends how effective the new leadership is, but they are a very different alliance from who they were a few weeks ago.

Who are you currently at war with? Are there any alliances that you are worried about?

I'm not worried about any other alliance, we are on course to win this world and so far it's going very well. No one has effectively stood up to us yet (although Elite were the toughest nut to crack) and we now only have one pact. Without trying too hard against The Terran Empire (although our players in their oceans have been very effective) we've taken 37 of their cities in the last 2 weeks, and they've taken none from us. Looking at the other alliances I would single out 'A Dragon Rises' as having some potential. ZT is now structured so as we can fight in all 4 directions against 5 or 6 alliances at once. We're having a lot of fun and I can't see anyone seriously challenging us!

With the recent mergers, ZT is becoming more spread out across multiple oceans. Do you think this will be a future problem? Are you worried that, now that you have taken Wreckless' place, you may follow the same trend they recently experienced?

We are more spread out that in the past but as I mentioned the way we are structured gives us four teams with strong leadership and each has a tight core and a specific objective. ZT has avoided the kind of internal disagreements and problems that other large alliances have encountered through participation, fairness, a strong culture and ethos around playing an aggressive game and strong, consistent leadership. All those ingredients remain in place and it's a great team to lead. We need some competition and I see that coming from the North and East, but that will make us stronger and enhance our resolve.

The Immortals
Are there any alliances that worry you, or that you think of highly?

I think Olympia Legacy is small but a good alliance. good tight knit players. Bone Headz are in my opinion a good alliance as well.

Any comments about the recent mergers between Wreckless, Zero Tolerance, and Transient Drifters? Sink, or swim?

It is obvious WRECKLESS Inc will be sinking soon. They were the ones voted most likely to win the world from the beginning but looks like Zero Tolerance will be force to recon with.

Your alliance has the highest member count at the moment - has this been a hindrance, or has it proven to be useful?

We hold the most # of people because we give an opportunity to all who show that they truly want to play the game. Other larger alliances have high standards that most do not live up to unless they use gold. We offer Knowledge here with having an academy to learn the basics of the game. The Immortals Academy is run by very nice friends that were at once enemies. we met along the way and their crazy leader was destroyed Phillip Amadeo Some of you may remember him as the one who put a gold bounty over our heads ;). As I said if you truly wish to play the game and fight with one another you are welcome here. Us having so many #'s has neither helped nor hindered. Its all about who wants to win.

After the switch from LOTD and having
lost some players that have been with me from the beginning
, how have things been going?

It has been very disheartening to see some members that were here when I first typed in the name of the alliance leave like the wind when the grass looked greener on the other side but as always, its not. The grass doesn't get any greener than right here at the center of the world and in the middle of all the chaos and fighting we,as always, are still here. With special help of my favorite player CWBIII.

WHAT DO YOU THINK
Why do you never see baby pigeons?​
cause they stay in the nest until strong enough to fly - trust me I hear them cry all the time at tesco as we have loads of nests on the underground carpark.
What...is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
What do you mean.... an African swallow or a European swallow?
I don't see adult pigeons or any wildlife because of Grep, so the same reason goes for baby pigeons I guess :)
My personal opinion is that baby pigeons do not exists and they spawn as evil adults....
Baby pigeons are rarely seen because, like humans, they are still active and flying about! As opposed to their fat and gluttonous counterparts - the common city pigeon - they do not roam the streets eating garbage!
Cause baby pigeons nest until they are old enough to fly ?? and cause automobiles .
Ok, wow...that's a hard one! I would guess it has something to do with the fact that I can't stand pigeons, they are just rats with wings, so their parents hide them from me... hence why I can never see a baby pigeon!
They are invisible...
baby pigeons like many other birds stay in the nest till they fledge...you can watch them on live stream if you want to see some.
They are usually either in nest or dead therefore you never see them. Either that or... well ouch those a big eggs am I right...:D ha

Grepolis recently opened up one of its first worlds with "heroes" - are you/do you plan on playing it? Why or why not?Any first reactions?
I am playing in the first heroes world. I like it. Certainly we have some growing pains, but the concept is good. I have two heros, one is level 11, one is level 2. They are a very positive feature to new worlds.
I have started playing what I thought to be a hero world a couple weeks back, Bellaphron. I think it's called, but it's been going for a while. if that's not the type of world you mean then my answer is no. if I'm playing a proper hero world then It's not as amazing as I expected. I honestly devote 16-18 hours per day to hermonassa at the minute and feel it would be unfair to Zero Tolerance if I spent less time here. I just do the bare minimum for now, just 8 hour demands and build.. maybe in time I will divide my time more equally or start a newer hero world, if they are really any better. I like the idea of hailstones and some other research that can be done.
Yes I have started that "heroes" world but wasn't able to play much because of how this world is, so I stopped. Was actually more curious of the mechanics but so far that world doesn't suit me, I prefer slow speed for everything.
no I don't play heros world...I can barely handle this 1
Nope not for awhile this world keep me busy for quite a while :) Domination :) haha
Heroes are nice it makes the game progress much faster in the early stages , I have played a hero world already . I enjoyed it. Maybe i will join the next EN hero world that opens.
I tend to stick to 1 world at a time. Any more than that would be cheating on my commitment to the world I am already a part of.
No . I enjoy play this
Thanks to all of you who helped answer questions!

OTHER

RANDOM ANCIENT GREEK FACT OF THE WEEK:​
In ancient Athens, men would rival each other with beard excellence. Beard trimming became an art, and barbers ended up becoming elite citizens with celebrity status.

RANDOM ANCIENT GREEK QUOTE OF THE WEEK:​
λάθε βιώσας - live hidden​

Comments, questions, criticism, political manifestos? I want to hear what you want to hear.
Want to be interviewed? Want someone else to be interviewed? Shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do!
Want me to never write one of these again? Be straightforward...
It's my first stab on one of these so critics welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes nice work! Always nice to see different perspectives outside of the game! Keep up the good work :)

DeletedUser31057

Currently, we at Immortals is the most populous alliance in this world. With the dynamic guidance of our great leaders, and the help of others including myself, we can turn most of our players into a monster fighting machines to win the server. As the saying goes, "The more, the merrier" :p

DeletedUser3049

I just had to lol at mangnganup's comment i thought he was a good player from what someone told me. Guess the guy was wrong .

You must be delusional to think you will win the server with an MRA called The immortals . You are lucky we got bored after taking like 10+ of your 7k cities cause it was too easy, and started a war with bone headz because they were very rude just like you were :) .

I think it says enough BH dropped 4 slots in the rankings i think , not sure didn't pay much attention , i think i counted we took about 30+ towns from them in 5 days, luckily ZT reinforced them (tx for BP Bh had almost no troops left) or they would have lost more if not even disbanded, it could have been you at the rate you were spouting delusional things and insulting us :) .
Don't think we have forgotten.

Also forgot to mention to OP that his paper is good . Very well done .

DeletedUser31057

I just had to lol at mangnganup's comment i thought he was a good player from what someone told me. Guess the guy was wrong.

You must be delusional to think you will win the server with an MRA called The immortals.
Well, I trusted more the guy who told that I'm good player than you (legion6666k) who is hiding behind the drupanu's name who has gone ages ago. ;)

First time to see noob player like legion6666k (a.k.a) drupanu saying that MRA's can't win this server? I think the guy is clown. For the record, it was happened in World Olympia (en39). Refer to my signature. :D

DeletedUser3049

ABP 1788 mangnganup The Immortals 661 ... I rest my case . Goodbye .

This world so far is being won by ZT . I'm shocked someone would even say you are a good player LOL .

I haven't played in a long while and some MRA's can dominate servers as per example The Huns who dominated Delta, but you are nothing like those guys lol .
I mean come on :) You guys sent us all invites to your alliance with no msg or anything . MRA much LOL . Except me : / i had to ask for an invite , sob sob. I know ,no noobs allowed in your godlike alliance that will rule the server. I did enjoy the messages from your leader that told me how their alliance will still be here while the others will vanish. So POETIC . MUCH FEELS .

Good luck bro , i wish your alliance all the best .

( This coming from the alliance that sent their own towns support after we took them left it there for 3-4 days and EVEN ASKED OUR MEMBERS IF THEY ARE OK . LOL )
Thanks for the lulz .

DeletedUser

You didnt have most of those cities until AFTER World Wonders resolved mang. You were a good player on Olympia though. I can confirm this.

DeletedUser31057

Right Taco Dave, I've got 71 cities when we were declared as winner in world Olympia.

Thanks for your confirmation that I'm a good player. :cool:

Olympia Winner.jpg

DeletedUser

That was an enjoyable read. I hope to see more in the future. :)

DeletedUser45961

good job haha, I'll be honest, when I received your message though in game, I thought it was just spam like always. I will make sure to reply in the future :)

ps.
mangnganup, if you were any closer to me I would have taken your cities by now. You shouldn't start a war which your alliance members can't handle.

DeletedUser

This was amazing Phi I told you that as for the following comments most of the alliances on this server are comprised of who ever will come lead by an array of very very bad leadership haha. Still tons of time left to the end though I guess we will see what shakes out. So many groups so few good ones haha :)

DeletedUser44027

Thanks for keeping it up, phid! Good to know what's happening, even if I'm still in VM. Nice job! :)

DeletedUser45299

i read this very late but was still a good read almost a month later great job look forward to the next issue :)