Newspaper The Kleos: Issue 2

• Thread starter DeletedUser44867
  • Start date

DeletedUser44867

τηε κλέος
Monday, July 7 2014​

WHAT YOU'VE MISSED
Phi was gone for a bit and a lot of things changed so HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED: ZT and BoneHeadz VS The World. That just about sums it up.

ON THIS ISSUE:
Stats
Interviews
What Do You Think?
Message From Anonymous & (unofficial) Coalition Spokesman
Random G(r)eek Stuff

STATS
WARS:​

Zero Tolerance and Bone Headz vs The World

No other alliance-confirmed wars at this time.

CURRENT BP RANKINGS:

ABP Ranking​
Alliance Name​
ABP Rank Change​
DBP Ranking​
Alliance Name​
DBP Rank Change​
1Zero Tolerance: 6,831,523 - 1Zero Tolerance: 4,124,326 -
2Transient Drifters: 2,584,986 +5 2Transient Drifters: 2,727,130 +6
3Northern Gods: 1,813, 749 +5 3Macedonian Phalanx: 1,906,671 +3
4Pandemonium: 1,801,604 unranked 4Northern Gods: 897,032 +6
5Macedonian Phalanx: 1,672,810 +1 5Pandemonium: 746,701 unranked
6The Exiles: 1,148,550 +3 6Bone Headz: 706,513 +1
7Olympia Legacy: 632,156 unranked 7Olympia Legacy: 473,808 unranked
8Revolution: 985,583 unranked 8Revolution: 449,207 unranked
9Bone Headz: 501,314 unranked 9The Exiles: 335,387 unranked
10Hellenic Republic: 92,222 unranked 10immortals: 288,038 unranked
Because there was such a long period of time between newspapers, many of these alliances were not on the top 10 BP rankings beforehand. If it says “unranked” it does not mean they were not an alliance/had no BP – it means they were not in the previous top ten.

INTERVIEWS
Transient Drifters
What allainces are in the coalition against ZT and Bone Headz

Main ones are : Revolution, Macedonian Phalanx, Northern Gods, Pandemonium, The Exiles, Olympia Legacy, and Transient Drifters.

Last time I interviewed you, you said ZT was the group to beat. Obviously, this statement has proven to be true and acted upon. Now, it appears to be ZT vs The World. How do you think this will fare out for ZT?

See I never lied they were still might be the individual group to beat. Their [arrogance however has made this server very fun. How do you think they will fare fighting the whole world? Quite badly. I think they need to make a move and I think they know that they have to make a move.

Do you think ZT is going to have to extend a hand for help? Or do you think the alliance will, like Wreckless, begin to dissolve after they recruited the leftovers of A Dragon Rises?

I think they will look for help too much though to the fact where they will start to recruit less quality players and it will kill their plan of being coordinated and stretch them thinner rather than helping.

Transients appear to have put a halt on attacking anyone but ZT. At the end of this war, do you think you’ll hold onto any of the new friendships you’ve found?

Yes…

You once said something along the lines of “watch and learn, quality over quantity” Now you’ve been holding what some players are calling “dead weight [that needs to be dropped]” Any plans on this – or are you going to honor the agreements made with the initial mergers?

Most of the dead weight you speak of is not my doing. However, when we were really young we did accept a few mergers that brought over some lesser players. Over time these players have died out. At this time we are keeping them around purely to pick off inactive’s cities. Certainly we have way more quality players than most. With that being said we need to keep inactives “dead weight” around to keep our smaller alliance players growing and lessen the burden on those players. The “dead weight” will slowly be pushed on as we improve.

Any other wars we should be looking out for?

At this time, not that I am aware of. I know a few smaller groups are duking it out but nothing major and you already know about the ZT thing.

Zero Tolerance
Last time we talked, you said "Transient Drifters have a great average and some good players, I think they'll swim and I hope we can build a reasonable relationship with them." What are your opinions on the Transients now?

The world has changed a lot since the last paper. TD has been the main focus of our attacks and although they've lost many cities to us (160 to ZT, 34 to TD) they're still there and still attacking. I think both TD and ZT have lost the most active players recently as well which is a great shame.

ZT has clearly proven themselves with their average. But now, it's seeming to be ZT vs The World. Are you having troubles with any alliances? Will you/have you had to extend a hand out for help, or do you think you've secured your place in this world as the lone wolf, per se?

It certainly is ZT and Bone Headz vs the world currently. It was a good strategy for the other alliances to team up against us and it's been effective. We've lost cities for the fist time in our history. But we've continued to expand and gained ground in some areas while losing it in others. I believe we're too strong in the South and in our core to be beaten. I can't see the coalition lasting, at around 1000 players it's too unwieldy and contains big personalities who won't give up their alliances identity to merge. I think change is in the air and alliances will shift sides soon and once again the world could spin on it's axis!

Are there any other wars we should be looking out for?

There's plenty of action out there at the moment, but as I said I detect some change coming.

You said you couldn't see anyone seriously challenging you - has this thought changed? Or do you think the recent attacks you've been receiving are DBP fests?

The recent attacks have been good for DBP that's for sure but they have also taken cities from us which is regrettable - it's been a good campaign by coalition alliances. No one alliance can challenge us, the coalition is but it doesn't have a long term future, so I do still see us as the dominant force in this world. First in points, average points, ABP and DBP. Our more remote cities are under serious threat and we've lost a lot, some alliances like The Exiles, Pandemonium and Northern Gods we deliberately haven't challenged as we're focused on a plan and a long term strategy and we're not strong enough in our borders with them, but we've pushed our main border north by taking TD cities. When the coalition inevitably collapses ZT will remain the dominant force.

Now that you've absorbed most of the alliance whom you said you thought had some potential - A Dragon Rises - are there any alliances that you think can measure up?

I've been impressed by all the alliances in the coalition. I think Hermonassa has really woken up and has some great alliances and players and I'm loving playing this world.

Any hints as to what the ZT challenge entails? Has anyone passed? Has anyone dared ask for the challenge?

The ZT challenge is on hold as we fight this world war! Previously it was the only way to join us and it involved a head to head battle with one of our players with the aim of getting them in revolt. Two players passed, maybe it will return later in the world.

The Exiles
The Exiles are exiled from who, what, or where?

The story of our unjust exile is one too painful to recount.

What’s up with the conversation in the profile?

It became apparent from ZT’s poor position on the vegemite vs marmite argument that they didn’t stand a chance of winning the war. Bad decision making?

What IS the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (African. You’re not getting away with this that easily).

Aha, due to the non migratory nature (To Camelot) of the African swallow it couldn’t have possibly carried with it a coconut to Mercia. So we can conclude it’s a European swallow, in which case the airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

Can you confirm that you are participating in ZT/BH vs The World? Are any alliances proving to be difficult, and are there any alliances that you think would be good to create a relationship with?

Not a chance. Zero Tolerance are putting up a valiant death struggle but that was to be expected. They have actually reached their hand out several times in desperation. Each time they pulled it away after it was used to wipe up a substance that looks eerily akin to Nutella. InglriousB does have an admiral penchant for groveling.

Do you plan on keeping any of your new found relationships from the recent war against ZT/BH?

Yes, the coalition is solid. I cannot see unhappy faces.

Your profile says you’re new to this game – is you’re your first world? Is this your first time having a diplomatic/recruitment position in an alliance?

I’m totally new to Grepolis but have played similar browser based strategy games. The Exiles are happy to teach n00bs like me.

How do you think your alliance is doing?

I’d say we’re doing well enough. We are a small, compact and dedicated group that likes a good scrap. We are one small cog in the mighty coalition war machine. As a side not, The Exiles has never lost a city to an enemy hostile… that could just be my highly selective memory working.
Bone Headz
Will you confirm that Bone Headz is participating in the war against the coalitions with ZT?

ZT and us have common enemies. Any one from an alliance attacking us becomes automatically our enemy. Therefore yes, we are joining force in the ocean we claim to be ours.

Who do you think will come out on top of this war? If the coalitions lose, will you keep any of the newfound relationships that you’ve made throughout the war?

As it is a war game, the war will continue up to the World Wonder stage against anyone making problems to us. It is too early to pronounce myself on who the winner/loser will be. Many things will change in the next few months, so…we’ll see…

Do you think a coalition of so many allainces will last to the end of the war? Are there any alliances that are proving difficult to defeat, or alliances that you think would be a beneficial relationship?

At the end of the game, coalitions will be restricted to about 400 members per alliance. Obviously all can’t merge. So the answer is no, they will not last until the end of the game.

How do you, personally, think your alliance is doing?

We’re gaining points and cities steadily. As long as you are growing, I have no complain.

Bone Headz is the third smallest alliance in the top twelve player-wise. What is the benefit to having a smaller alliance? Will Bone Headz try to stay the same size, or grow/merge to the sizes of alliances like ZT, TD, and NG?

Obviously we cannot win the final stage with a small alliance. We, BH, won in 2 other worlds we played before, using the same long term tactic. We will try the same here.

Are there any other wars we should be looking out for?

We are only at war against those who are attacking us. We know our limits and play within our capabilities.

WHAT DO YOU THINK
If a cat always lands on it’s feet, and buttered bread always lands butter side down, what would happen if you tied buttered bread on top of a cat?​
It would rip a hole in the space time continuum consuming the experiment.
The laws of physics clearly state that buttered bread on top of a cat creates an anti-gravity device. It’s a fact.
The cat will land on it’s feet because snakes don’t have armpits monkeys like bananas and the brown cow said moooo
If the police operator has a heart attack, who does she call?​
Ghostbusters.
Her mother.
(three messages later) Why does it have to be a she ya chauvinist.

If the #2 pencil is most popular, why is it still #2?​
Because if it was #1 everyone would attack it, right ZT? ;)
Because logic :p
I am jewish, is it okay if I answer your questions with questions?
What is your favorite type of world? (speeds, revolt/conquer, etc.)
2x Revolt and something I started with friends more fun that way.
speed – 2, unit speed – either 2 or 3, revolt world, morale active, alliance cap 50+
Hermonassa is the only world I’ve ever played so it & it’s features have my vote. From it’s annoying anti timer to all the free cities ZT hand over.
revolt is my favorite world
My grepo experience is limited to 2 worlds so I can’t really say. I like this slow world since I’m a busy man and I get to chill out, it’s not very hectic.
Thanks to all of you who helped answer questions!

MESSAGE FROM ANONYMOUS & (unofficial) COALITION SPOKESMAN

The coalition is ready to accept your abject surrender. Once you show a token of your submission & genuflect before us we’ll be merciful and end your time on this server quickly.

RANDOM G(r)EEK
RANDOM ANCIENT GREEK FACT OF THE WEEK:​
Miniature elephants once existed on Crete, Cyprus, and various other Mediterranean islands.

RANDOM ANCIENT GREEK QUOTE OF THE WEEK:​
γνῶθι σεαυτόν.
- know thyself​

Comments, questions, criticism, political manifestos? I want to hear what you want to hear.
Want to be interviewed? Want someone else to be interviewed? Shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do!
Want me to never write one of these again? Be straightforward...
Critics (and people who don’t like Nicholas Cage) Welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just saying... you're original question was - "If the police operator has a heart attack, who does she call?" :p

DeletedUser45299

Great job on the paper great read would +rep but need to spread rep 10/10

DeletedUser

Nice work! Always fun to read these! Hope we don't have to wait as long for the next one ;) +rep