Newspaper The Kronos, Issue 2

DeletedUser44867

THE KRONOS
Κρονος - Kronos, Chronos, Cronus - was the king of the titans and the god of time.
This paper is the Time keeper of Kasmenai, and thus Kronos' Oracle of Kasmenai.

WHAT YOU MISSED:

Phi was gone.
A long time.
And now there's
A new guy (MrPdwash).

CURRENT STATS:
No confirmed wars at this time.
OBSERVATIONS (including sister alliances) (and as accurately as I could make them):

Dominators v EPIDEMIC
1 - 7

The Varangian Guard v EPIDEMIC
0 - 2

The Lost Boys v EPIDEMIC
2 - 0

Top 5 ABP and DBP:
Top 5 ABP:
EPIDEMIC (+3)
Old School Grepo Legends (+1)
DOMINATORS (-1)
Next Gen Grepo Legends (unranked)
Plague (unranked)

Top 5 DBP:
Old School Grepo Legends (+2)
DOMINATORS (-1)
EPIDEMIC (-1)
Death Before Dishonor (unranked)
Plague (unranked)

PHI'S TOP 5 COMMENTARY

Number 1: Old School Grepo Legends
Not sure if they heard me when I said I would have expected more from them on the battle points front, but they definitely came through with it. With both wings of their alliance now within the top 5 of the ABP polls - one at number 2, and the other at number 4, and ranking - 2 and 3. Definitely a force to be reckoned with - but it seems they're making many alliances very unhappy. Can their numbers save them?
Or do they have to rely on the safety of their pacts?
Although the names confuse me - the old school grepo legends clearly are legends of old... And next gen grepo legends will be the new legends..
But if a member is in old school grepo legends, but not in next gen grepo legends.... does that mean they won't be legends no mo? To be determined.
Verdict: Swim for a while. Then I see alliances breaking off from pacts, and then floating for a bit.

Number 2: EPIDEMIC
I'll be honest when I say out of the top 5 from last week, this was probably the alliance that I thought would be the second to sink in the end. That clearly proved to be wrong, with them getting the top rank in both ABP and points overall - and their sister alliance also securing top 5 rankings in ABP and DBP, as well.
Verdict: Swim.

Number 3: Next Gen Grepo Legends
see above.

Number 4: The Varangian Guard
A new player has entered. The second smallest alliance in the top 12, and ranking fairly high in attack points, defense points, and points over all. There are a few recognizable names in here, and they're almost all in the southern half of 55 - very very tightly packed. I see maybe four islands that are going to be nearly impossible to breach - but it will be interesting to see how they fend against OSGL/NGGL. If they try and expand to the north, I don't see them heading very far.
Verdict: Float

Number 5: DOMINATORS
This alliance and their two wings have fallen quite a bit since the last paper - and their numbers don't seem to be holding up. I had hopes for this pre-made, but I think the mass recruitment of simming players is what will do them in. A small group of very active players can be dangerous, but I think it's a bit too late for this group.
Verdict: Sink.

DRAMA:
Old School Grepo Legends... Recently revealed to be so legendary that apparently everybody wants to be their friend. While I do see the necessity of having a sister or academy alliance in some worlds, I find it very interesting when some alliances decide to get a sister and still choose to hide behind a safety net.
You made your sister for a reason - so you didn't have to worry about other alliances trying to gang up on you and take you out. So why are you holding back?
Although, the same could be said of other alliances.
Maybe it's just a personal view.

THE INTERVIEW SECTION:
because we all knew this was the part you were waiting for....
We're now seeing EPIDEMIC raise to the top of the leader board. What do you owe this success to? Are you worried it will make you a target?
The success is a culmination of two main factors the merger with SDS(seven Deadly sins) and the hard work of the majority of the players.
I would say we have set high standards and most of our team mates have achieved beyond this , we have also been lucky as a lot of SDS players have slotted in as if they were there from the start.Greatest part of this game is making friends but also great when you see new players adapting and learning .

As far as being a target, i believe any of the top 12 should expect to face tough times , however i feel with each day we are becoming an excellent team and have each others back.We also have to say that there is a few alliances that can possibly win this world and at one time or another we will have to face off but wish all good luck in this world lets try to keep it even.

Now that you're at the top - how do you plan to stay there?
On staying at the top , We as an alliance have set targets and deadlines which are achievable however are team based .We may not hold on to the top 3 spots on points as we will be culling the selfish players regardless of experience .We however have merged with some great players from SDS and with those there before we have a group of very selfless players .We will also become very stringent with recruitment and our numbers will drop so as to not dilute the team ethic we insist on from ourselves and players .What you wont see is a drop in our rankings as an attackers or defenders as we are starting to see more players supporting each other and working as one.
However i want to thank all those that helped get us where we are.

Any comments on the fallout (or maybe merger?) of The Vanguard with OSGL?
The Vanguard opened discussions with OSGL, to get to know their leadership. I was expecting OSGL to tell TV to just relocate to another ocean. Instead, OSGL offered TV a merger. Knowing the level of the players in OSGL as an alliance TV voted so each member had a say, and such we tuck the merger with OSGL.

Are the players previously known as the Vanguard planning on sticking together?
TV has a core group of players, we communicate often and we are a solid group. We joked about if a new revolt server comes up we will find the correct location and then run an alliance on the server. But we will use a different name because TV always seems to get targeted on servers... but as a group, we are settling into OSGL wonderfully.

Have you heard any rumors of war?
I see a lot of things personally, possible wars, conflicts between alliances but it really isn't my place to point anything out. If any alliance is at war it's up to them to disclose that fact. Not for someone else to bring it to the publics attention.

THE FUN SECTION:
No one did it last time sooooo here's a riddle, no cheating:

Alone, I am 24th.
With a friend, I am 20.
Another friend and I am unclean.
What am I?

First correct answer gets:
ONE HAPPINESS SPELL!!!!

still broke in game. moved last week, so I've been away.

Thanks to all and any who responded to my messages - hope to have something else up next week if there is anything new happening in the world, with updates on ABP and DBP changes, and maybe more interviews if I can ever convince people to talk to me. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24785

So where is the actual news?
Biggest story this week on the server is 6/10 of the top alliances all being pacted on our game now called Grepville.
Used to be a war game, now a Sim and pact for 2 years then race is on to win.
10/10 for putting the time and effort in to production, fair play to anyone willing to do it.
But content not really newspaper worthy.
Sorry

DeletedUser44867

Biggest story this week on the server is that Grepo Legends is pacting with every alliance on the server - which is more or less included, but was also included on the other paper so I decided it wasn't all that necessary. Also because the other paper was released three days ago. I would rather save my 10,000 character space for information about bp changes, sink or swim, and interviews.

edit: correction, it was not on the prior newspaper. I got mixed up with where comments were and tabs, was reading off of the top 12 board and thought I was on the other tab.
my bad.

The picture that was sent to the top 12 sink or swim is inconclusive - we know that grepo legends is pacting (or at least, we can assume it was unedited) but we also know that we're seeing hits between some of those alliances, and none of those alliances are choosing to respond to interview so I cannot say with full knowledge that all of the top alliances ARE, in fact, in one giant coalition.

For alliances located mostly in 54:
As of July 15th Criminally Insane has taken a city from Black Flag Pirates.

For alliances located mostly in 55:
As of July 16th OSGL has taken a city from Death Before Dishonor

For alliances located mostly in 45:
As of July 15th EPIDEMIC has taken a city from DOMINATORS - both of these alliances were on the grepo legends pact list, but they are still attacking each other. so no. not 6/10 of the top alliances are all pacted.
As of July 16th EPIDEMIC hit The Varangian Guard.
DOMINATORS are only eating up their inactives, and are said to be pacted with OSGL and Black Flag but no one will respond so we can only assume they are in a pact with OSGL.
As of July 16th The Lost Boys have taken a city from EPIDEMIC/Plague.

For alliances located mostly in 44:
As of July 17th Nocturnos has taken a city from Wolves in the Fold.

Those are just the most recent instances of taking cities from other top 12 alliances. hey. yeah. most of that? it's up there ^ Under the current stats section? Otherwise we see several conquests from smaller alliances and internalizations, which is fairly common.

What we have here is not 6/10 of the top alliances all becoming nice and cosy with each other.
What we have is one alliance, the top alliance currently, shoving their tail between their legs and hoping they can make it all into O55 before anyone realizes they're actually spread out enough to hit in most oceans. Or at least, they used to be. which, by the way, I talk about in the drama section. It's up there ^

Remember that thing you learn in school... how you should only report on facts you know? That is, unless you work for FOX news. That's what I'm going to do, and if you don't like that, that's fine. But I won't report on information that I don't know.
Especially if I know it not to be true.
And I won't report with bias.

So lets recap.
Ocean 54 is mostly Crim and BFP - I see attacks.
Ocean 44 is mostly Wolves, Nocturnos, a little bit of Dominators. I see attacks.
Ocean 45 is mostly EPIDEMIC and dom is kind of in their area. On the corner they're going after varangian. I see attacks.
Which leaves ocean 55.
Mostly OSGL, Death Before Dishonor, and Varangian Guard.
I see OSGL and Death attacking each other.

From what I see,
we a top 12 of alliances attacking who they can attack in their ocean, and locking down their oceans before they go hit someone else. Maybe that's an issue made by pre-mades: Not as many targets.
we have one alliance that is friends with a lot of people because they have lots of stragglers and don't want them to get taken out.

in every single ocean I see alliances hitting other top 12 alliances in their ocean, but focusing in more on the smaller alliances.

You call this a sim game, I may call it OSGL extended beginners protection.
But I see still see people fighting. Maybe not a lot, but what they can.

It's funny, actually. There's this one alliance. It's smack dab in the middle of tons of top 12 alliances. To the south of OSGL, to the northeast of Lost Boys, to the southeast of EPIDEMIC, and to the west of death before dishonor.
I would actually argue that this is the only alliance that I see that has ALL the opportunity to be attacking, and I don't see a single top 12 alliance conquest from. The Varangian Guard.

DeletedUser44867

I will also give to you that I probably should have included more of that in the paper. I hardly even touched on the old school grepo teddybears issue, and it's definitely something that should have been touched on more fluidly since it kind of is a heated topic. so +rep to you.

I guess I was running with my tail between my legs in fear of them attacking me if I said something bad :p
I guess that's why I use a separate account, though.

DeletedUser719

Just to clarify we only have one pact and we are attacking and being attacked by over 7 alliances .Dewey I promise you we do not have any other pacts apart from the ones you know of and we do not pact with pacts of our pacts .We will also not become part of a super coalition to attack one or two as we were on the end of such pathetic coalitions on Gogli .I would rather be rimmed then do that to any alliance .You will also see us become slim lined as we do not want to dilute the alliance for the sake of a crown .Also legends may be pacted with a few but i dont doubt they are capable of fighting most alliances , they do have a great roster and more then capable of taking the world without the pacts .If we as a world can commit to staying away from the awful tactic of ganging up against one or two alliances then this world may hopefully be a great one with the top 12 all having a chance to win.

Also Phidippidies is spot on too early in the world before we see proper wars , ,most alliances including your own have been clustering up and wars are more small skirmishes but we will see. Just a point i am not sure the stats are right as we have yet to lose a city apart from 2 that we lost to plague, so we go to war with them soon.However +1 rep

DeletedUser51112

Also Phidippidies is spot on too early in the world before we see proper wars , ,most alliances including your own have been clustering up and wars are more small skirmishes but we will see. Just a point i am not sure the stats are right as we have yet to lose a city apart from 2 that we lost to plague, so we go to war with them soon.However +1 rep
I thought Plague was spreading with Epidemic?

DeletedUser719

it was sarcasm .sorry but was a good rumour for a few hours

DeletedUser29066

This is starting to turn into a pretty good read. I just hope it doesn't go the way of so many other papers over the years. It would be nice to see one with staying power and good info, and also not degenerate into a PNP.

DeletedUser24785

well at least the ext. forum is getting active now,lol.

DeletedUser24785

Just to clarify we only have one pact and we are attacking and being attacked by over 7 alliances .Dewey I promise you we do not have any other pacts apart from the ones you know of and we do not pact with pacts of our pacts .We will also not become part of a super coalition to attack one or two as we were on the end of such pathetic coalitions on Gogli .I would rather be rimmed then do that to any alliance .You will also see us become slim lined as we do not want to dilute the alliance for the sake of a crown .Also legends may be pacted with a few but i dont doubt they are capable of fighting most alliances , they do have a great roster and more then capable of taking the world without the pacts .If we as a world can commit to staying away from the awful tactic of ganging up against one or two alliances then this world may hopefully be a great one with the top 12 all having a chance to win.

DeletedUser24785

So to clarify, because sorry i'm slightly confused.
Your pacted with OSGL and I assume their sub-branch/ academy, but not the other 15 pacts they have.
Those you are actually fighting some of, so i'm guessing OSGL are just free to do what they want while you all fight each other without them having to help anyone as they are pacted to you all.
Sounds a great deal, do you play poker?