Newspaper The Kronos Times

• Thread starter DeletedUser44867
  • Start date

DeletedUser44867

THE KRONOS TIMES
disclaimer: because of the new char limit, certain parts needed to be omitted. I apologize, bad timing.

WHAT YOU MISSED:

Guess who's back
Back again
Phi is back
Tell a friend

CURRENT STATS:
No confirmed wars at this time.

POTENTIAL UNCONFIRMED SCUFFLES:
Grave Robbers: 2
DOMINATORS + DOMINATORS.: 0​

Top 5 ABP and DBP:
Top 5 ABP:
Seven Deadly Sins
DOMINATORS
Old School Grepo Legends
EPIDEMIC
Black Flag

Top 5 DBP:
DOMIATORS
EPIDEMIC
Old School Grepo Legends
Black Flag
Seven Deadly Sins

PHI'S TOP 5 COMMENTARY

Number 1: Old School Grepo Legends
Even newer players probably recognize some of these names - probably because they decided to destroy you and everything you love after you regrettably attacked them with swords one time (admit it. it happened). They seem to have a nice core in ocean 55, with a few secured islands on the corner of 44, with some other random placements.
That being said, with the history of some of these players, I expected them to have been number one on the ABP rank after day one. Still, I expect good things.
Verdict: Swim.

Number 2: EPIDEMIC
Located in 45 with a number of stragglers in oceans 44 and 54. Although generally, they are pretty tightly packed. NF-Oracle shows some pretty high DBP point changes, which seems to be confirmed by their number two ranking on the DBP polls. They seem to be battling off with DOMINATORS for the number one spot quite frequently, for better or for worst. Either way, it seems to show that they are holding their own.
Verdict: Float.

Number 3: DOMINATORS
A premed alliance that started out recruiting in the forums and has many familiar names. They've already lost two cities to Grave Robbers (one of which was a 7k city, RIP Amerin4u). Like EPIDEMIC, they seem to be battling over the number 2 DBP position. Apparently grepolis users really dislike the ALL CAPS ALWAYS ALLIANCES. They have a pretty good hold over the majority of ocean 44, and some stragglers on the edges of 54 and 45. I don't think they're going to leave that ocean nicely.
Verdict: Float.

Number 4: Seven Deadly Sins
Thus far the number one on the ABP rankings, and a number of these players have familiar usernames, much like the others we see on the top 5 list. However, they do seem to be swimming in the middle of....well.... everything, grasping a large stretch of the southern oceans. This placement could definitely prove to be difficult to hold.
Verdict: Swim.

Number 5: Black Flag
Primarily an ocean 54 alliance, and fairly well packed together. They seem to be doing pretty well with both attacking and defending. One of three alliances in the top 3 that have 'sisters', along with DOMINATORS and Old School Grepo Legends.
Verdict: Sink. I'm not biased at all what are you saying...... :p
Okay, float.

THE INTERVIEW SECTION:
because we all knew this was the part you were waiting for....

There seems to be a lot of pre-made alliances in this world -- Is your alliance a pre-made/how did you get started?
The Vanguard is a pre-made core moving over from Gogli, but The Vanguard reaches back all the way to Theta. Back then it was created by ‘Akazmier’ a Grepolis veteran. The group we have today came together in Gogli, where myself a recruit within a period of a month went from random member to founder (first server).
In Gogli The Vanguard played the role of a rim alliance, due to decisions made by leadership before my reign, at this point I am leading a premade team in the new server, and we have been picking up experienced players.
What's up with your alliance name?
The name we use The Vanguard, is being used to show respect to previous leaders, and players of The Vanguard. Who have fought as a collective over multiple servers.
Any alliances you're expecting good things from? Alternatively, any alliances you want to watch crash and burn?
We have high expectations of mainly two alliances ‘Epidemic’ & ‘Old School Grepo Legends’ we know that both of these squads are experiences, organised, and that they know what to do.
Any words of warning for the forum viewers?
The Vanguard will be seen as the underdogs, on this server simple as that on the west there is Epidemic, to the east old school grepo legends, and above up Seven deadly sins. But remember never underestimate the underdogs.

There seems to be a lot of pre-made alliances in this world -- Is your alliance a pre-made/how did you get started?
Partly , we had a horrible time in Golgi where we retired our slingers and horseman and defended day and night ,A few came over but over half are new players. We are hoping with a speed 2 world we get the afternoons off for walks and a Chai latte but not at the same time as makes a mess
The end of Beginners Protection is right around the corner for most of the day one players, have you had any declarations of war? Or are you just going to bludgeon everybody?
No declarations of war and i think we will aim to be in top 5 attacking alliances but we will have to retrain ourselves not to attack with swords.
Any alliances you're expecting good things from? Alternatively, any alliances you want to watch crash and burn?
Big things from Old School Grepo Legends and maybe Seven Deadly Sins but generally not sure of the few alliances that already have 2 branches think within 7 days these will be slim lined and from there we will see how they do.
Collectively, how much gold do you think you and/or your alliance has spent so far?
Generally think we are the poorest alliance collectively, we all clubbed together so one player can get all the advisors, shame he has gone inactive as he was our great hope. Truthfully innogames owes us loads of commission from gogli as we constantly helped them with enemies rebuilding myth nukes every 3 hours , we are happy to be paid in Dollars as we know the pound is weak now.
What do you see happening in the future? Any alliance clashes that you're looking forward to?
The hot spot will centre around 045 unfortunately for us we landed there.I see few things happening

a) As in every world we will see super coalitions formed, which will ruin the first few months but this will then create a counter coalition after that a coalition against the counter coalition.
b) A rim alliance will come out of no where to be one of the top alliances and will benefit from the morale world.
c) The issue i envisage is when alliances start to encroach in each others oceans and i believe we will see one or two front runners taken out early and where their player go will decide the next few wars.Just putting it out there we are happy to share an ocean just need quiet neighbors as we like to get naps without our alarms going off early.

The reason goph and myself started Criminally Insane was purely because the alliance we were in was run by a tyrant and his yes sir side kick players were scared to leave the alliance under threat of losing their cities.Me and goph never react well to being pushed about so we politely left. We were called selfish and given a week until we lost everything and everyone was told to hunt us down.We formed CI and as a 2 man alliance we fought back. We are still only a 2 man alliance in Carphi and create mass hysteria when ever we land on an island. We only pick on alliances who attack us first, but we do make them regret it. We are very kind to the little guys, we have a 1 city player under our protection just because he gets attacked by our targets.
The end of Beginners Protection is right around the corner for most of the day one players, have you had any declarations of war? Or are you just going to bludgeon everybody?
I heard whisper Black flag wants to take me out thats fine it make the game exciting
What's up with your alliance name?
Nothing wrong with the name of our alliance i think it fits us perfectly
Yes i have had talks with The Smurfs they seem like a nice bunch almost as loony as us
Any words of warning for the forum viewers?
Y U NO SCARED

THE FUN SECTION:
Pick a number! ANY NUMBER! Any number, that is, between the numbers 1-50!!!
The winner shall receive.......

ONE WEDDING SPELL!!!!

sorry guys I'm kind of broke right now in game..... keep hitting militia and wasting all these troops.

Thanks to all and any who responded to my messages - hope to have something else up next week if there is anything new happening in the world, with updates on ABP and DBP changes, and maybe more interviews if I can ever convince people to talk to me. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44867

it appears tables and line separates are no longer things in this new forum.....
It also appears I can't have more than 1000 characters....
Will try and edit this and see if I can make it prettier....

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yeah the tables used HTML coding and that doesn't work on the new software. For the most part the only things affected are tables and charts. Also the character limit should be 10k

Last edited:

DeletedUser46838

Love your newspaper :D Keep writing newspapers! :D <3

DeletedUser44867

Yeah, looks like they've started to, they've fallen down the ranks a bit. Still trying to get this updated, but can't seem to beat this character count. Google tells me I'm at 9800 and the forum keeps saying no :(
I'll get there, wish me luck.
Until then, you'll all have to suffer through POOR FORMATTING.
Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn

DeletedUser46315

Yeah some have jumped to OSGL.

Others straggling around. Shame cause that was a cute little speech.

Nice paper. Go Grave Robbers! :cool:

DeletedUser

Thought I may as well post, I liked the cute little speech too, I did write it after all.

Glad you liked it.

DeletedUser25164

Interesting reading, well done. Can we make this a weekly edition? haha

DeletedUser46315

Grave robbers died, all the higher ups succumbed to fear and fled to Seven deadly sins.

DeletedUser

Good read indeed - obvious that a lot of the alliances have experienced leadership as the interviews for the most part were spot on. I believe the rim alliances will ( and already are) in a lot of cases *ahem start moving up the charts and squeezing what appears to be an already formed Core coalition.

Jamo's ones to watch - The Lost boys, True fear and possibly Transient Drifters

DeletedUser44867

it's not even been 10 days yet :p
but i'm trying to get something out on saturday. it was a hectic week