Newspaper The Lapithos Lapdog First Edition

DeletedUser

My first ever newspaper. Don't know if I'm allowed to create one, haven't found one already made for this world, so I think I'll just go for it. Please leave feedback, positive and negative. Sorry if I'm being a noob or I'm not allowed etc. Also I need a better name, will do it weekly if feedback is good enough.

flamingtext_com_1393161586_1043471537.png

THE LAPITHOS LAPDOG FIRST EDITION 22/02/2014

Reported by RadioActive

There has been a lot happening in the first week of the new speed two world Lapithos. The first alliance to fail was Dark Enigma, a pride of lions led by a single sheep. The situation with Check Mate which was published on the external forums meant that jdc, the ex leader of Dark Enigma, was made to look a fool and a noob.

His lions fled and spread out, most of them joining current top place Check Mate. In other news, Check Mate lead in all areas of the rankings, including all three areas of battle points. Whilst we shouldn't judge before Beginners Protection ends, they have got off to a good start and appear to be the only real threat in the world as of yet. We can expect them to target second or third place. This means The New Corps and The Ottomans may have to team up, although nothing has been officially reported yet.

Finally, with the start of the fighting just around the corner, Vindicta merged with Pink Fluffie Bunnies to create Vindictive Bunnies, and this alliance currently is hovering around the 10-12 spot in points. However it should be noted that they sit at 4th in attacking battle points, which for their point ranking is a fairly high spot

For this first week I am going to add a very simple competition. Post below with new names for the newspaper, preferably with alliteration and I will shout out the winner in next weeks edition

Tune in next week for the first stages of battle and who is coming out on top!​

Image at top, create your titles at www.flamingtext.com. Copyright reasons

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser45438

+Rep from me for your first attempt, I have never done a newspaper before but from looking around I would say this one needs a bit more detail but defiantly a half decent first attempt so well done!:p

Advice ways maybe next time add some interviews, competitions (don't have to offer much), improve layout and add pictures to make it more appealing ,personal opinions and your own opinions would make the read a bit more personal and interesting. Once again though for your first attempt Matty its decent and I enjoyed it and I hope I gave you a few more ideas for future.

~Jiggy

DeletedUser

We also got the 2nd average lol.
Good luck matty with the paper

DeletedUser45093

Yeah nice job. Will need to go into more detail and add interviews next time though. +Rep from me

DeletedUser

Thanks for the feedback. Think I will develop the newspaper in my notes ingame across the week as I find new interesting info out.

1st competiton (I have edited it in) think of a better name for the paper xD

DeletedUser

You need more details again. You need actual statistics interviews and you need to be less biased job to report and not express personal feelings other than that it was good :)

Nakierza

<b>King Andromeda</b>
It's alright, I would suggest making a rubric of some sort so it would be easier to write about. Also, more info and maybe talks with the leaders of maybe the top 12 alliances w/ questions. I would look at past newspapers and learn from them.

DeletedUser

Or he can do a section where he expresses his personal feelings and opinions

Personal feeling are fine to be expressed, but they need to be seperate from statistics: present the data unbiased, then analyze it including your personal opinions.

DeletedUser

Okay, I'm taking this all in. I will include interviews next week as this seems to be requested the most. I'll include more stats, but next week will have more detail anyway because I am going to interview the leaders of the most hyped alliances, and will show the first stages of war and hopefully how each one stands.

I like the idea of the personal feelings section, and will add this to next weeks issue.

No one has come up with a more inventive name yet for the competition so it's still open.

Thank you all for the feedback it is very helpful and I hope to deliver successfully next week