Newspaper The Lapithos Lapdog Fourth Issue (16-03-2014)

DeletedUser

RFPevRq.png

IN THIS ISSUE

-LoWKeY betrayal-
-Check Mate v Active Elite-
-Black Legion v Elders & Juggernauts-
-Who's Winning? (Oceans)-
-Interviews with Move and LoWKeY-

BREAKING NEWS

LOWKEY'S BETRAYAL!

The one story that has attracted much interest from the external forums here, is the situation over in Check Mate with player LoWKey, or as he is known in game, Stealing your city. What happened as I understand, is that Lowkey did not like something the leader of Check Mate, "Move", was planning to do. As he was a leader in Check Mate, he knows most of their future plans. Obviously out of respect, he has not published these future plans publically, however some people consider what he DID post to be too much, on the other hand, he has not revealed what others could never find out. Because this is a rather public case, I have interviewed Move and Lowkey, plus a few anonymous players from Check Mate, about their relations with Lowkey. Here are some of the responses:

He's a good friend, got to know him on this world as the previous world I played was Rhetymnos and before that Omicron, and he played on neither of the two. He is a very gifted tactician, and I admire that as well as a skillfull attacker. I truly am sorry this situation got out of hand, but I'm even more sorry that he is no longer part of this alliance. Well hey, what can I say. S*** happens.

-----------------

Well me and S (which i will call him as a cba for the whole name;)) is a very good mate of mine, taught me near enough everything i know in grepolis today and also how to lead and co lead alliances which i have done with him. S can easily lead alliance to greatness or crush existing ones and a very good player in my opinion. I think the whole situation is blown out a little bit and that maybe both S and Move should have listened more to each other, i see the point that we dont want anymore pacts but S and 44 is a key part to our alliance as any single layer should be, a founder should value the alliance and the players higher than himself. Im loyal to friends and my alliance and i shall leave you at a cliffhanger :)

-----------------

From what I have seenStealing your city is a great player for sure and from looking through the forums externally and internally a nice guy :D I believe he's played with the group before so nothing knew to the team unlike me and even was founder when he demoted himself and decided to leave. A very experienced player who is a good asset to the team to cut it short.

The small situation crises In my opinion I believe is what it is. No way we can change his decisions because he feels that way and some or most would agree ;p but I do not and even though demoting himself and leaving can be seen as negative it is a personal choice if that's what he wanted its fine. Not something I would do from a sort situation without much consent but what I do not believe was right is including others and making the situation out there especially through PM and external posting was a good move because it wasn't. Not knowing SYC that well it changed my opinion on him not necessarily disliking him because I know he's a nice guy and its only a game but the idea that he jumps to conclusions and is impatient because this matter should have been addressed much more with the council team because they are there for a reason remember :D

As you can deduce, most members had friendships with him, but remain loyal to Check Mate, and loyal to Move. I do not wish to talk about what I don't know about, and in terms of this I know very little about this whole scenario apart from it ended with Lowkey leaving Check Mate and joining an alliance in o44. Should these alliances clash in the future, a very interesting war may take place. Will he want to move his new alliance into o55? For now, follow the interesting debates regarding this news on the external forums to keep updated until next weeks issue! Make sure to follow what is being widely regarded as the biggest story of the world already!!

SPECIAL INTERVIEWS

-MOVE-

Do you know why Stealing your city left your alliance?
Yes, because he wanted to force through his ways and obviously forgot about his position in the alliance.
Free speech, open to suggestions and discussions, but ultimatums the way he did it is immature.

Do you wish to comment on this matter, or defend what you said that he published on the External Forums?
I stand for everything I said, although some of my statements should have been forumlated differently and clearer.
Is there anything you would like to say to him right now?
No I have no interest of publishing any chats or enter any propaganda war against him. I think what he did was extremely immature, both what he published on the externals and what he sent to his former teammates after leaving.
I have more than enough quotes and statements, but ruining his own name and reputation is something he can handle all by himself.
He'll do his game, we'll play ours. I just hope he can't do too much harm to his new alliance which seems like a decent crew.

-LOWKEY-

Can you tell us why you decided to leave Check Mate in a short summary?
Why I left checkmate is simple. Kris can't see what i see, and doesn't want to listen to me. My job in CM was as a strategist. It was my job to make sure we have a good offense, and defense where it is needed. I can't do my job then no sense staying. This game is to be fun not an argument.
Posting some of your private conversations publically made some people comment skeptically. Is there anything you would like to say to these people?
They were posted for a reason as I stated when I posted them. I can't get to much into this without letting out info that shouldn't be out. I will just say this is why i left CM, and it did trigger the response it was supposed to that should just make CM stronger.
Finally, is there something you want to say to Move about the case?
For Kris: Your skipping steps, and making bad moves. You need to study the map, and other alliances pacts more. No matter how good your offense is it will never be good enough if you forget to protect your borders where they need protected.

WAR STATISTICS

CHECK MATE 37-0 ACTIVE ELITE (including academy)
BLACK LEGION 25-4 JUGGERNAUTS & THE ELDERS

So far Check Mate have battered quite literally everyone they have faced, and there was a lot of hype surrounding Active Elite not long ago, and this week the 55 based alliance has battered the Active Elite academy and took a couple of cities off of the main alliance, whilst losing non!

The 54 battle is still on going, with Black Legion taking more cities by the day, whilst the response is next to non. Also, The Rear Admiral has left Juggernauts, and as he was the only player to take cities off of Black Legion, you would predict an end to the contest in this war in the coming spring weeks!

Next week I will add many more wars. I intended to do it this week, however I ran out of time as I was out all day Saturday. It will be set out in oceans, so look forward to it!

WHO'S WINNING?

WnAEU5q.png

Below are the top 3 alliances from each oceans, and their colours on the map. IF you like this format then let me know! Also let me know if you have any improvements in mind :)

Ocean 55
Dark Green - Check Mate
Yellow - Lost Souls, Lost Souls II
Dark Purple - Active Elite, Active Elite Academy
Ocean 54
Royal Blue - Black Legion
Red - Juggernauts
Lime - Wargasm
Ocean 44
Whatever colour this is - BD. Bellum Se Ipsum Alet
Orange - Guardians of Hades
Cyan - Grim Reapers
Ocean 45
Yellow - Lost Souls, Lost Souls II
Purple - Friggin Spiders
Weird Orange - Potential Death

Ocean Analysis

Ocean 55

This ocean is still being fought over, although most will argue that Check Mate have it covered. In the North West, Check Mate have their strongest presence, in South East, Active Elite and Lost Souls have fairly equal domination.

The frontline here is the center, in a diagonal line, from South West to North East. If Active Elite and Lost Souls team up (or are teamed up) they could give Check Mate something to think about!

Ocean 54

All action here is close to the core of the world. In north east 54, there are no cities from any of the top 3 alliances! Wargasm have the south border in cities, then just north, Juggernauts and Black Legion are mixed, fighting for a foothold. The winner here will have a very strong presence in 54, and the rest should be very easy to take care of!

There is no clear frontline here, and it's much more of a free-for-all than 55 here!

Ocean 44

44 is the same as 54, with all action close to the core instead of the outer borders. BD Bellum se ipsum alet and Guardians of Hades are mixed in the south east corner. Grim Reapers have a small presence just east of these 2 alliances. Also, Black Legion have a couple of cities north of them. They could get cornered in, if they do not act quickly, with Friggin Spiders and Check Mate approaching from the south!

Ocean 45

45 is the only 'balanced' ocean, with the top 3 alliances spread across the ocean. Friggin Spiders have their core in the north east, Lost Souls in the east, and Potential Death with a very large amount of unchallenged cities in the south west.

Again no real frontline here, although you could draw a west to east front line seperating Friggin Spiders in the north from Lost Souls in the south (of the front line).

That's all from me this week! As always, please leave feedback, I do work very hard on this :)
Matty

DeletedUser

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mattycoolBCFC again.

Great paper again, C4, be carefull, matty is coming for you

DeletedUser46391

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mattycoolBCFC again.

Great paper again, C4, be carefull, matty is coming for you

Doing the exact same thing myself.

DeletedUser

Next week I'm cleaning up the map, and will add more alliance war stats, and a map for each war.

There will be an individual map for each core ocean (may add surrounding oceans too ;D) and I will draw front lines on also

DeletedUser20492

Hopefully by next week CheckMate will have done of the cleaning up of the map for you, which of course will make the War Stats more important, and change the War Maps, too, I guess.

Hey, If you add surrounding Oceans, I might show up on your map ... wait, maybe you shouldn't do that lol

Good job on the paper ... I anticipate seeing them each week (ICYMI lol)

DeletedUser6378

what i wouldn't reveal in the forums i have explained to kris. he now understands what it was, and why i wouldn't post it in the externals.

Also some were asking if I would try to get the group i'm with to go after CM. BD has no intentions of going after CM, or moving into 55. Also I didn't join them to try to get them to go after CM. I still have a lot of friends in CM, and do not want to see a fight between them and BD.

DeletedUser45085

i would give +rep but need to spread it around a bit, good paper. The topic of lowkey leaving has been covered extensively in the forum already, but its the job of a reporter/newspaper to get different perspectives and stir things up.

DeletedUser43011

Good format, fully informative, visually helpful = +rep from me

DeletedUser6378

how about in the next issue cover more of the wars on the server. GoH has gotten 80K DBP in the last 6 days. That seems like the biggest fight on the server right now.

DeletedUser

how about in the next issue cover more of the wars on the server. GoH has gotten 80K DBP in the last 6 days. That seems like the biggest fight on the server right now.

Yes I am doing this, I am looking closer at each and every alliance as we speak to find out about interesting wars that may be going on, on the weekend the issue shall have many more wars

DeletedUser

Sorry for the delay on issue 5, will be on tomorrow or monday. Been very busy again, I'm very sorry :)