The Last "Literature" Piece

DeletedUser8396

I think it is time I left the Literature section. I will not be posting another piece of mine here or anywhere on the forum for the foreseeable future, unless I seriously change my mind. Don't misunderstand, I'll still be writing just as much, just this forum will not see it.

I'm still moderating the section for whatever posts are made, however.

So long.

DeletedUser18132

Awww. :( Even though I didn't comment on many of your pieces, I always enjoyed reading them. Thank you for those. :) I hope you change your mind.

DeletedUser38224

That kind of sucks :( Is there anywhere else on the internet you will be posting some of your stuff for people who are interested?

DeletedUser8396

That kind of sucks :( Is there anywhere else on the internet you will be posting some of your stuff for people who are interested?

I will be updating my Writer's Cafe account, but that is all and I won't be informing anyone when I update it.

DeletedUser29066

I think it is time I left the Literature section. I will not be posting another piece of mine here or anywhere on the forum for the foreseeable future, unless I seriously change my mind. Don't misunderstand, I'll still be writing just as much, just this forum will not see it.

I'm still moderating the section for whatever posts are made, however.

So long.

Dude, this is absolutely the best piece you've ever written. It truly showcases your talents in a way no other piece has ever come close to. Can we get more like this?:p

In all seriousness, although I can imagine some of your reasons, I will miss the posts. Although many of them were simply not to my liking, some were quite enjoyable. If you ever get that novel fleshed out let us have a sneak peek, even if it's not here.

DeletedUser

Shame; even though I didn't really care about the literature aspect because I think it's all bollocks (coming from an IB English Level C2 HL: Language & Literature Graduate) I did like some of your though-invoking pieces, as I'm sure you've noticed ;)
And that one poem which made me think of hearthstone, I liked that one :p

I gotta agree with brandr though:
The general vibe I'm getting from the things I did see, but I might just be misinterpreting 'tone' (as is difficult to convey over a medium such as this), is that you take yourself very seriously, maybe a little too much. My friendly, well meant advice is to lighten up a bit and accept that sometimes, you don't always get the response you would've liked. It is part of life after all.
I have always thought similarly about you but generally didn't care because your sometimes overly serious and proud behaviour doesn't really bother me, nor did it impact my life. But now that there's going to be less serious quality posts on the forum it will impact my life and I'll say this:

You do take yourself too seriously sometimes. Don't care so much mate, we're all insignificant people from the internet. This is a dead forum for a shítty game with like 10 people max reading your work, most of which struggle to compose a post longer than 50 words. You can't take yourself this seriously, not on here at least. I've known you for quite some time though and I know you wont change, but a man can hope :p Maybe I'll convince you to at least keep posting your more paper-esque posts here. They're one of the few reasons I still come here fyi :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18366

Again, I didn't comment on many of your pieces but read most of them and found them to be very interesting and insightful. A lot of them had a strong aspect that I could personally relate to, but I guess that is just a general aim for a lot of literature works (if this is incorrect, I wont be surprised, I barely know anything about literature). I know this wont really effect your decision in any way whatsoever, so best wishes and good luck with your writing career, should you choose to go down that path.

DeletedUser40768

Wow this thread must have been made during one of my temporary retirements. I am pretty sure I have an idea of why you stopped posting here. I would like to say though that I enjoy your pieces of literature, especially some of the religious ones. I figure you will go back to posting eventually :)

DeletedUser40768

Some people were being bullies is why.

Yeah I remember that, but if that is why he stopped then those people succeeded. Which would be sad as this section was kept active by pebble and without his post there is literally no activity here :(

DeletedUser8396

They weren't "bullying". I despise the overuse of that term. What they were doing was being inconsiderate of the original post by their replies having absolutely no relevance to the piece - and then defended themselves on how they had some right to do that. So no, I doubt I'll post anything here again.

DeletedUser

They weren't "bullying". I despise the overuse of that term. What they were doing was being inconsiderate of the original post by their replies having absolutely no relevance to the piece - and then defended themselves on how they had some right to do that. So no, I doubt I'll post anything here again.
What did you expect though? Valid criticism? A handful of replies all saying "wow pebbles this is great"? Hardly anything here sparks a real discussion apart from the threads which could have been posted in DnD without any changes. (which I hope you will still post because they tend to make for great threads :)) Nobody here is going to dissect and analyze your poems find the social commentary or whatever the particular deeper message is.

This is a small forum for a dying game with roughly 15 active people reading this section, at most. Of those 15 people I, the one who arguably cares least for poetry, would probably come closest to having any hint of credentials necessary to give substantiated constructive criticism and only because I have an IBO Higher Level English Literature certificate. (which isn't that much :p)

I said it before but I'll say it again, you probably take yourself too seriously. You simply cannot do that, not here. Don't care so much; there are too many inconsiderate aßholes, everywhere, to do that. :D

DeletedUser40768

What did you expect though?

While you are spot on Skully, I think he was just expecting respect. Which being that he put the time into making the work of literature, he should have been given respect whether people liked what he wrote about or not. Yeah those DnD like threads were pretty cool, would be nice to see more of them :cool:

DeletedUser8396

What did you expect though? Valid criticism? A handful of replies all saying "wow pebbles this is great"?

Although the latter would be nice, I'd prefer silence over (as Joseph hinted at) a lack of respect for the work put in by simply ignoring it. I don't want candies and praise with kisses to my bum every 12 minutes because I wrote something and posted it. I did want some measure of respect for the piece, however, and would want that for anything written. Anything more is, I agree, asking to much. Any less and it simply isn't worth my time to post anything.

DeletedUser49197

Seems like I started viewing posts and posting here too late, never saw one of pebble's pieces... :(
But, seriously pebble, if we want more people to come to the forum, then this definitely isn't helping.

DeletedUser8396

Seems like I started viewing posts and posting here too late, never saw one of pebble's pieces... :(
But, seriously pebble, if we want more people to come to the forum, then this definitely isn't helping.

You're right. It isn't. Having a disrespectful community interaction with an entire subsection surely isn't that beneficial - especially when I, at the time, was the only one posting (aside from replies/intermittent posts by Varun).

So, fine. I may give this section another shot, but I doubt I will honestly care to. I hardly write anything now anyways aside from a few poems every now and again along with some recreational philosophy papers...

DeletedUser40768

Well we can't blame pebble for what others did though. Maybe us novice like you and I will have to give this literature thing a try Flame ;)