The Last "Literature" Piece

DeletedUser49197

lol, just don't make stuff specifically for grepolis, post things you just create. I think becoming a mod has brought much hate upon your soul...

DeletedUser8396

Well we can't blame pebble for what others did though. Maybe us novice like you and I will have to give this literature thing a try Flame ;)

By all means, give it a go. We all start somewhere. Should've seen my first lyrical song. Just...no.

lol, just don't make stuff specifically for grepolis, post things you just create. I think becoming a mod has brought much hate upon your soul...

Never made anything specific for Grepo. Not even once, if I recall correctly. Just random poems and writings.

And I was hateful and despotic long before my mod days. Might even have a poem about it :rolleyes:

DeletedUser40768

By all means, give it a go. We all start somewhere. Should've seen my first lyrical song. Just...no.

Never made anything specific for Grepo. Not even once, if I recall correctly. Just random poems and writings.

And I was hateful and despotic long before my mod days. Might even have a poem about it :rolleyes:

I would I mean I am not afraid to make mistakes, we make them even in areas that are our strengths. I just have the problem of never knowing what to write :Angry:

DeletedUser8396

I would I mean I am not afraid to make mistakes, we make them even in areas that are our strengths. I just have the problem of never knowing what to write :Angry:

Oh....that's the easy part. Anything. Boom. You're welcome.

The problem you're having isn't about what to write, but how to write about what you would ever choose. That's a bit harder, but do my tactic:

Take the situation or object you want to write about. Let's say you want to write about a humorous clown with a red nose at a children's birthday party.

First, think of what a clown does at a birthday party.
Then, think of how the clown would be introduced to the party, interact with the children, and eventually leave said party.
Also, imagine the children's reaction to the clown's presence and actions. Use your own personal emotions to illustrate the words.

The problem with the third - the emotions - is that you yourself might not be frightened or humoured by clowns. I would, however, bet you have been frightened or humored before. Take those instances (such as you pulling back the shower curtain revealing a spider for fear; or seeing Avengers for the first time and laughing) and strip them to how they made you feel. Then place them into words using the language from point one and two.

I've never personally seen (interacted with) a clown myself, but here's what I can come up with:

A man with pale white skin,
He showed up one day,
Even asked my mom to come in.

With a bright red nose,
And a frightfully big grin,
He pulled out a balloon and said "Here it goes"

He blew and blew the blue balloon,
Longer and longer - I thought it'd pop!
He closed it off, again with a grin- he said,"Now it's soon"

He twisted and turned,
Wrangled and anguished at the poor balloon-
But out came a puppy - only slightly deformed.

He said some tales, threw a few pies,
Made all the kids laugh,
But then it was time for goodbye

In a giggle, he waved farewell,
And now that he's gone,
It is my story to tell.

DeletedUser

This thread is now officially renamed the last ( but one) literature piece :)