Pnp The LD / ER Merger

DeletedUser41523

Oh I see you won't give an old friend an answer. (Mike and Hassan). :(

DeletedUser1405

It was always on the cards, just the timing of it, we worked together in the world.

DeletedUser1405

What 5 players, half of 99 is 44-45, your not a member of MoW you are using their maths :D

DeletedUser29066

and now it's time for Act II of this drama .. ExLD Renegades welcomes our allies from Centauri League. The merger has begun and will strengthen us all even more. Our friends and allies should rejoice, and the rest ...... despair.

DeletedUser1405

Well what can i say, the parties are going to get even bigger now, may our cities grow without hindrance and our enemies hide behind the doors for what will happen is hard to know but we all know One thing Delos is about to become even more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42584

Wowahweewah

Borat says.....................VERY NICEEEEEEEEEEE

DeletedUser29066

and now to bring the story up to date for those who care but don't know, those who know but don't care, those who neither know nor care, and ..... oh well, you know what I mean
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

After the merger of ExLDRenegades and Centauri League, one would have though game over ... but alas, it was not to be. From the beginning the now massive super-alliance that was created was plagued by suspicion, innuendo, ingrown toenails and halitosis. Mistrust by some and an inability/unwillingness to adapt by others led to a slow but steady trickle of former CL members back to their original alliance, and eventually the rest followed. Soon CL and ExLD were back where they had started, except there were now more bad feelings than before. A brief period of tense peace soon gave way to open hostility.

Meanwhile, in the rest of Delos .. Delos Imperium was gradually falling apart, plagued by bad leadership and inactivity. Soon they disbanded, with various members joining CL, ExLD and Empire of Death.

The remains of once-mighty Aurora fell apart and were absorbed onto League of Warriors (and possibly a few to EOD).

Manowar continued to battle ExLd and LOW. It is one of my biggest regrets that ExLD were unable to clear MOW from O-45, but the constant need to absorb inactive player's cities made that more of a chore than it should have been. MOW did have a few good players, but as poor as their leadership was we really should have smeared them easily. Eventually they merged into CL with the faint hope they could hitch a ride to a crown, but that horse had no legs.

Stagnation had pretly well set in, and there was not nearly enough fighting going on to make things really interesting or competitive. Eventually the final pieces of the puzzle fell into place as ExLD, EOD and LOW worked out all the details and merged together as EmpireOfRenegadeWarriors just in time for World Wonder stage, and Blood & Honor joined the CL/MOW group.

WW stage went really fast IMO, as the combined EORW had too big of a numerical advantage for CL to overcome. Although CL had roughly 50 more players, EORW had over 2000 more cities, and the constant flow of favor and resources as well as some great organization left EORW on top. Hats off to the leadership group who kept us together and focused for that final stretch.

Delos was the first world I played beginning to end and won a Crown in. It was fun from the point of view that I was able to play alongside some excellent players and leaders, as part of not just one but basically three good alliances, was part of a winning team, and made the acquaintance of some folks I'll remember fondly for quite some time. It was also a slow world, a world that after some good early fighting got a bit boring, and I came close to quitting at least twice. It was a sense of commitment to the rest of the players, more than the game itself, that made me stay and see things through to victory. I'm proud of that crown, but also realize that it was a bit easier to win than it may have been had 3 of the largest alliances decided to fight it out rather than joining forces. I'm sure there will be some differing versions of things, but be that as may, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

In closing, I just want to say thank you to all who played Delos, however briefly, whether friend, foe or someone I never heard of .. you all made it what it was. Salute.

smiley_emoticons_pferdehaufen.gif
cj2ccmi2x8mhcoikd.gif

DeletedUser43104

I think you summed it up pretty well there mate, once we merged I think it wouldve been a major disaster if we hadnt won but we had great leadership for the WW part of the world and we knew if we stayed organised and kept everyone on the ball we were never really going to be in any danger of losing to CL.. We (EOD) didnt take any Aurora players by the way, the ones in ocean 46 went to LOW and Jason and a few others joined CL. We were never going to take any of them in

Just want to thank all the other leaders and each and every one of EORW who stuck it out and got their reward. It was a great team effort!
smiley_emoticons_pokal_gold.gif

DeletedUser

I feel a bit guilty for leaving now. Sounds about how everyone always figured it would be.