Newspaper The LegendZ Take - Issue 2

• Thread starter DeletedUser44213
  • Start date

DeletedUser44213

The LegendZ Take
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the 2nd Edition of the LegendZ Take. In this satirical newspaper, I will take you on a sarcastic and insulting journey through the world of Epidamnos. Hopefully, I will reveal some interesting facts along the way, but mostly we shall see who has the thickest skin and the best sense of humour. Sorry this took so long to get out I have been really busy!

DISCLAIMER: I mean no offence to any alliances or players and am writing this only for a good read once in a while. If you hate it, tell me and I won’t come back!

SECOND DISCLAIMER: I do not consider myself a legend.

THIRD DISCLAIMER: Data for this paper was collected 08/03 (13:00)

Thank you all for the amazing response on the first issue of the LegendZ Take. It took a lot of time and effort to structure the article, gather the data and attempt to be funny. I will be keeping the newspaper rather similar but adding in a magazine style gossip section! See how this goes down but once again I will be putting a twist on the goings on in this interesting world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Paper consists of the following sections:

1. The World Rankings

2. The World Wars

3. The Interviews

4. The Gossip

5. The Reports

6. The Educational Section

1. The World Rankings

Like last week I will say, we do not need to know what the world rankings are… We can see them. BUT, we can have a look at the big changes in terms of rankings:

1. White Snake/True Fear fall – White Snake were dissolved under intense pressure from TS/TP and Kraken. It appears the academy no longer had enough active players to make it worthwhile and the active players moved into TF. Despite that merger, TF themselves have fallen quickly down the rankings. There was a brief spin-off alliance but it would seem the handbags have been put down now and the leaders are, for now, on the same page again. I have an idea of how the internal debate went down...

giphy.gif

2. A Rise of Twisted Souls – Twisted Souls have taken on a few players from here and there, cementing their place at the top of the rankings. A couple of players have led me to abolish the Jinsl001 Souls title, good job guys!

3. Plunder and Pillage Growth – When I did the top 5 alliances last week these guys were not there… Now they are. They have grown rapidly in the NE quadrant of O44 and are starting to put forward a case as a genuinely dangerous alliance.

4. Twisted Minds – Formed out of the ashes of Timber wolves (lol), Twisted Minds has become a genuinely strong alliance. Functioning as the sister alliance to Twisted Souls, the former wolves now look very secure with a few strong players joining from TF. Has this potentially though made support for TS much more difficult? Size is not always best (I should know… Or indeed, I should not know but hope this is true).

Here are the current rankings that I have screenshot. No need to click on it as you can see the rankings for yourself but you may want to anyway (for whatever reason).

World_Rankings_for_Issue_2.png

Next week I will be comparing the rankings as they are now to the rankings then. It will be an interesting comparison to see the changes!

2. The World Wars

The Shady Bunch vs Twisted Souls/Twisted Minds/The Priory/Kraken/Kraken. – Yeah, that was a list and a half. As a non-bias bystander, I must comment on the sheer weight of this war in favour of the latter team. The Shady Bunch (and TF to be mentioned later) are having to fight an insane amount of alliances, like *gets out hands to count*……………………………………………………………….. Yep……………. No…………. Yep, yep, that’s 16000000 players they are currently fighting. They have 52. Despite this, here are the stats:

The Shady Bunch vs Twisted Souls – 14-19

The Shady Bunch vs The Priory – 10-15

The Shady Bunch vs Twisted Minds – 5-0

The stats are very good for an alliance taking on far more. However, the last op ran by TS and TP really tested the shady defence and time will tell whether they can keep that defence up without being forced to turtle.

I believe this is how the Shady Bunch see themselves atm...

giphy.gif

TF vs the long list above – Twisted Souls vs True Fear is 44-5. The Priory vs True Fear is 21-0. The dissolution of White Snake makes these stats look better than they actually are for True Fear. They have been well and truly broken by the attacks sent in by the conglomerate forming in the middle of the ocean. It has caused a disbandment of their academy and riffs among the members. I think True Fear is when you catch wind this conglomerate are preparing an op against you… Twisted Minds vs True Fear is 8-31. I was criticised last issue for not mentioning this alliance that did not exist when I was writing it, so I hope no one is planning on creating a new sister alliance today…

THE VANGUARD vs Kraken/Kraken. – Kraken despite helping out TS are having their own battle with THE VANGUARD. The score is 31-6 in favour of Kraken which is not surprising given the size difference between the alliances. 6 cities taken in reply suggests that they are making a fight of it which is good to see.

Twisted Souls vs Hogwarts – Well it’s good to see TS spreading the love?! 19-0 in this one and it’s a one-sided battle it would appear. Twisted are making sure that they expand like the universe in all directions which fortunately for them is manageable given the pact situation. There have been no conquests in the past few days, however, suggesting their focus is elsewhere.

Plunder and Pillage vs IMMORTALS16-0 in this one. IMMORTALS are the 13th ranked alliance so this shouldn’t necessarily be a walk in the park for P&P. Yet, P&P are making light work of this war so far. Does this give strength to the argument that this alliance is one to be genuinely reckoned with?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44213

3. The Interviews

BREAKING NEWS – I have managed to get the opinion of the one who’s opinion is only spoken of in myth and legend. There is Theseus and the Minotaur, Perseus and the Medusa… And now Kuini and the Opinion.

giphy.gif

princess Kuini

1. Where did the name "The Shady Bunch" come from?

It wasnt a T-Shirt nor was it a dream..

From 3 of us entering a world under different names. We called ourselves "the Shady Bunch". (Dracul, Ironfist & Miss betty boo).

2. Besides your own, which leadership do you respect the most in this world and why?

Hard question..

Winged Hussars, who couldnt respect adamesi91 and Gar Gotti, brilliant leaders with excellent morals and integrity.

3. Can a cross-eyed teacher control his pupils?

Control of sudden outbursts of laughter they wouldnt have however with kids today and the "Education systems" that are in place, what teacher gets "control over their pupils".

4. Why do you play grepolis?

I play greps because Knitting is not my thing

5. Are The Shady Bunch planning on staying around for WW should they get that far?

Yes, We dont plan on going away..

BONUS QU

6. Do you actually own any cats, if so, how many?

No none, A question for you, Why are you so fixated on my pussy?

Things we can take away:

1. She is on to me.

2. They are not going away… Great!

3. Don’t expect to be receiving any nice jumpers for Christmas… Having said that based on the knitting comment I realise nobody was probably expecting a jumper from her anyway

4. Kuini didn’t immediately suggest bringing back the cane which suggests she has a heart!!

5. The Shady Bunch didn’t come from a fun place… Strange that.

TheServant

1. Where did the name "Plunder and Pillage" come from?

I rejoined Grepo to kill time with no expectations and Googled "Alliance names" and saw aliases for PnP and figured Plunder and Pillage would do as I was probably just going to train up new players on the rim...

2. Besides your own, which leadership do you respect the most in this world and why?

Hmmm, tough one as I don't see any other leadership up close. While I've never met/seen the Twisted leadership, from what I can tell from the outside, Twisted looks like they have a strong strategy and seem to be holding their members in check.

3. Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Bed.

I love the teamwork and friendships that you build up with a few elite players with as much of an addiction as you.

5. Are Plunder and Pillage planning on staying around for WW should they get that far?

Well, as I said before, the plan was to train new players for a month, and then quit. Some random returning vets joined and for a group of strangers, we're now not doing too badly. So yeah, we'll be around...

Things we can take away:

1. TheServant is ironically the master of the padawans, anyone see the irony here?

2. He truly is the gift that keeps on giving. Purely coming to help train up newbies

3. He believes size really is better.

4. TheServant suspects that before we had drawing boards we really didn’t have much motivation.

Lord Carpathian

1. Where did the name "Kraken" come from?

Well a lot of people think this is the original kraken from way back but are wrong as i come up with kraken on the world before as INVICTA was a painful lessons on gold users and how thay can ruin a would.

Raydium88 I have to say that back in world pag he taught me everything i know.

3. Why can the saying "it's all downhill from here." mean both that it will be easy and that it is going to get worse?

Just bcz it can lol.

I love the responsibility of leadership and building a strong team.

5. Are Kraken planning on staying around for WW should they get that far?

Oh 5 lol yes lol we want to be crowned and will not stop till that happens mate :)

Things we can take away:

1. Lord doesn’t like gold users… Says to me he is just not good enough to combat them… :/

2. But Lord likes to be in power!

3. He is optimistic about getting a crown… I wonder how current relations feel about that.

4. He respects a player who entered VM once the pressure got too much… Misplaced respect?

Nodawae

1. Where did the name "Legion" come from?

Our league of legends team is called Legion (me, Matherrzz, Attotoz Inc., not professional btw, just for funz)

Not really anyone, since I haven't talked to them. bawlz and Xanthippos Spartan seemed cool though, so maybe True Fear, idk

3. Is there a certain temperature at which it stops being qualified as cold? At what temperature does it qualify as hot?

20 degrees celsius is not cold, 32 is hot.

To keep myself from ending it all. Hehe, no I play grepo now because of nostalgia. Played it a f***ton when I went to school but haven't played for 3-4 ish years. And I have the time to play since I work in IT so its nice multitasking.

5. Are Legion planning on staying around for WW should they get that far?

Planning yes, but I don't know if I'll play until then. Never actually played until ww, always quit before ww started cause it became to boring for me. This is a new account though, on a different server, so no achievements to boast about :)

Things we can take away:

1. From my recollection of when my flatmate used to play LoL there are leagues that take a lot of time… Maybe enemies should coordinate their attacks on these days?? But I don’t know LoL too well.

2. Uh oh… Legion you got yourselves a deserter here :/

3. I feel I might have to do a lot of censoring Nodawae

4. He respected a player who jumped ship… Well, this is awkward.

DeletedUser44213

DarthBrenno

1. Where did the name "Hogwarts" come from?

The name Hogwarts came from Harry Potter as I am a major nerd

Haven't had the pleasure of finding a leadership group I like yet which is what made me create my own alliance, even alliances we are pacted with I feel are lacking good leadership.

3. Why is it, whether you sit up or sit down, the result is the same?

Not entirely sure what this question means but in my best guess because it is a small detail which does not influence the future enough to change the result in where you are headed in life?

I play grepolis mostly for the social side of things and the working together. The satisfaction of taking a city will always be one of the best feelings.

5. Are Hogwarts planning on staying around for WW should they get that far?

Difficult question as at times I feel we are a destination alliance that attracts players but with Twisted Souls stealing a few of our best who have now turned on us I am not sure I feel confident in where we are headed yet despite the still many good players we posses. Who knows where the future will take us though :)

Hope this helps with whatever you…

Things we can take away:

1. Darth doesn’t finish his sent…

2. I appreciate his effort on my stupid question, very deep… This guy thinks, not a common quality.

3. Are you pacted with Hogwarts? Well, he just insulted you…

4. If you ever have a Harry Potter themed quiz remember to bring Darth along with you.

4. The Gossip

Now, here is a brief summary of the main topics that everyone is discussing:

1. The Conglomerate – There are two sides of this argument… The members of the conglomerate who love the life they are able to lead… And the people outside it who are viewing themselves as “Grepolis Purists” who have never thought to form such a “world spoiling” team. Members inside have argued that the number of pacts that exist is far less than actually being stated by the outside teams. Shady and True Fear believe that the rest of the world is pacted against them and this had led to comments such as “this world is boring” and there is a lot of “hugging” going on. However, the key argument of the players inside this team is the overall fight points, which has been ignored mostly in the argument by the other side. Personally, as a member of the Priory, I sit on the fence on this one. I hope people who know me from past worlds recognise that I just point and shoot. I am told who to attack and when and that’s what I have always done… So I can see the merit of both arguments as I think having pacts is nothing new, but the overall strength is quite overpowering.

2. Golding – There have been some heated discussions about the power of golding in this world. Again, there are clearly two sides to this argument. The general argument from the golding side is it is part of the game and they are at liberty to use it. Interesting to note however that very few people have denied the advantages that gold can bring. The other side argues that gold ruins the game as it makes it impossible to compete. I, however, do pick a side on this argument. As a gold user in a minimalist form (I have the advisers), I think that gold is just an extra thing to give me satisfaction in this game. It is here, people can use it and I think we need to accept that. Whether it is agreed with or disagreed with… We can agree it isn’t going anywhere. So maybe let us take solace in the fact that taking a golder’s city tastes all the sweeter.

DeletedUser44213

5. The Reports

Not many at all that were submitted this week and not many that I felt were worthy of mention. So I have two (one epic and one funny) and I added two of my own. I’m sure you have better ones than me so please get them sent in!

Sorry they are only links... Can someone more adept with the forums show me how to link my own screenshots??

20Bucks.png

Jins_report.png

My_Report_1.png

My_Report_2.png

6. The Educational Section

It’s time again for us to do some learning! Now… I am going to talk a little about the Greek story of Creation. I won’t delve too much into the beginning at which there was only Chaos, from which Erabus was born… That can be for another day. Instead, I want to talk about Gaia and Uranus. In Greek mythology, Gaia is considered to be the earth and Uranus, the sky, enveloped her. Gaia and Uranus gave birth to 12 children which we know today as the Titans. This was by no means an exhaustive list of who we call the Titans today, you will find names such as Prometheus and Atlas are missing from these 12, but they were nonetheless the first generation of titans.

However, Gaia also gave birth to three Cyclopes and three Hecatoncheires. Uranus hated the Hecatoncheires and forced them back inside Gaia (deep into the earth). It is said that this caused Gaia great pain and angered her to the point where she wished Uranus dethroned. She asked each of her children in turn if they would kill their father… Each one, in turn, refused until she reached her youngest son, Cronus. Cronus was considered to be the most troubled of the Titans, spending a lot of his time bugging Erabus about death. Erabus had often asked Gaia to get rid of him. Gaia asked Cronus to take his father off the throne. Cronus agreed. Gaia tricked the ever-lustful Uranus to follow her to the bedroom. As they walked, Cronus was waiting in the shadows with a sickle and pounced. With a swing of the scythe, he sliced Uranus’s genitals clean away from his body. It is said that the pained scream Uranus let off was so loud that is was heard all through the creation and even Gaia was horrified. Cronus, stooped down to pick up his fathers “crown jewels” and threw them off the mountain. Cronus banished Uranus to live his life out in the darkest depths he could find. Cronus and Gaia would go on to have many children themselves… And their stories will be told next week.

Sorry again for the slow upload. I am going to try and keep this going, just I had a lot of assignment deadlines build up on me at the wrong time. I hope you have enjoyed this issue and should have another one coming out soon! Happy hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54161

@SlivasLegendZ
*First off I want to apologize as I've been reading your username wrong, I kept thinking it was *SilvasLegendz
**Secoundly, with regards to links and images
  • Users that are not logged in cannot click and open links unfortunately:(
    • Here is your link: https://ibb.co/iTGcyS
    • Step 1: Click link and open it in a new tab
    • Step 2: Right click the image and look for either:
      • "Open image in a new tab" OR "Copy Image Address"
        • In first case, copy the url, it should end in a .jpg or .png format
        • In the second case, you can paste the link to confirm
      • Once you have the .jpg or .png url, you can head back to the forums
    • Once you find the thread that you wish to insert your picture in, use the img code with your link
    • Using your above link, this is the correct code
    • Code:
      [img]https://image.ibb.co/e6vsXn/World_Rankings_for_Issue_2.png[/img]
Hope that helps:)
Good read!! +1

DeletedUser44213

Ah-ha! Thank you, when I get in this evening I will try do that for the reports