The LegendZ Take - Issue 4Welcome to the 4th Edition of the LegendZ Take. In this satirical newspaper, I will take you on a sarcastic and insulting journey through the world of Epidamnos. Hopefully, I will reveal some interesting facts along the way, but mostly we shall see who has the thickest skin and the best sense of humour.
DISCLAIMER: I mean no offence to any alliances or players and am writing this only for a good read once in a while. If you hate it, tell me and I won’t come back!
SECOND DISCLAIMER: I do not consider myself a legend.
THIRD DISCLAIMER: Data for this paper was collected 06/04 (13:00)
The Paper consists of the following sections:
1. The World Rankings
2. The World Wars
3. The Interviews
4. The Gossip
5. The Educational Section
1. The World Rankings
1. The continued rise of the Shady Bunch - Having successfully pushed back The Priory, attention was turned to Twisted Souls after the end of peacetime… Another successful op and the acquisition of a few Twisted players sees Shady secure their position at the top of the leaderboard with a significant average point advantage. They have however acquired some players with cities deep in enemy territory which I think is uncharacteristic of them. Had their diplo agreed to an interview maybe I could have yearned some tactical information.
2. The fall of Twisted Souls – Just look at that change. OH MY!
Even us guys at the Priory have enjoyed growth despite being stuck in church all easter weekend…
3. The Rise of SkullSkeletonS – These guys have made rapid growth as discussed in the last issue. This has not slowed. Moving into 3rd position they look set to become one of the big players in this world.
4. A rise of Kraken – Now second place in the rankings but down in 6th for the fighters rankings. Will their new size start to attract the attention that they have been able to avoid up to this point? Time will tell but we already know that some really angry apples have started to attack them.
5. The steadfast of The Priory – I try to keep this paper as objective as possible… But as it is not about me, I think I can get away with this one. The Priory has continued to grow in size despite its player count dropping quickly. The Shady Bunch and P&P did a lot of damage to the guys who defend with the holy spirit behind them… Maybe it is the faith in the higher power of JR’s farts that has kept them going but despite many players quitting, not a single player jumped alliances during their tumultuous time. I think that is a credit to the players there and a refreshing change from all the players who save their own skin as soon as times get tough. Having said that, the changed direction of The Shady Bunch no doubt has played a big role in their recovery.
2. The wars
1. The Shady Bunch vs Twisted Souls – As I write this it is 75-20 in favour of The Shady Bunch. Rumour has it they are putting up less of a fight than us at the Priory… And we were at midnight mass when we were opped! The deserting of members and the high level of inactivity would suggest TS are done for this time. Never say never, but this looks a hard one to come back from… especially when coupled with the next war.
2. Skull SkeletonS vs Twisted Souls – 51-2 in favour of TS… Whoops, autocorrect! SS 51-2 up… I know right, for a brief moment we all had hope for those poor souls of a twisted nature. SS ran one solid op on TS and melted defense. This score is quite incredible considering that TS used to be the big dogs. Looks like this may well be a open and close case.
3. Plunder and Pillage vs The Priory - As I write this the score is 47-46 in favour of The Priory. But it should be noted that P&P are currently running an op so this number could well change… I want that to be clear that I am not choosing a bias point in time. With Shady ceasing their attacks on TP, they have a chance to fight P&P one to one. P&P have had the upper hand for some time now and it will be interesting to see if TP now has the activity to fight back.
4. True Fear vs The Shady Bunch – A relatively new war, one that I think people will argue is not really of interest yet. But the start of a war is always interesting… As mentioned in the world rankings, Shady have taken on a few members with cities far outside their core. This means the score has got to 23-2 in favour of TF. Whilst the interviews below will detail that this is not exactly indicative of how a full scale war would go, it is good to see TF taking advantage of poorly placed cities and doing so with great efficiency.
5. -Angry Apples- - Sorry guys but you have way too many alliances for me to do a full analysis. Have said so before, I will only focus on the main alliance. So, they are currently losing 21-3 to TF and winning 16-0 against Kraken. I had a lot of AA telling me about their success against Kraken but I don’t see any gains made by the academies either. Based on the interview later though, just taking a bite at the apples can make them angry.
6. Kraken need to actually attack someone for me to mention them in this section (yeah I said it).