Newspaper The Little Green Man

DeletedUser

hehe ye he's alive and well as far as i know :)
Anyway i'm not really taking it personally. But i admit i felt slightly offended by DL saying that i came creeping asking "plz don't hurt us".

Actually, that was TO. But no point in throwing fingers around, welcome to our club :)

DeletedUser

First he tries the friendly threat message and when you pretty much spit in his face he replies with a please don't hurt me message lol.

Not like this doesn't prove it lol. Anyways, still no response from gregflint. I should be hearing back from Legion of Chaos and Nazgul soon

DeletedUser33163

Shame on him :)
flames23a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33163

Sorry, I do believe that qualifies as classified information :)
flames23a.jpg

DeletedUser

oh come on you got to give a little to receive a little buddy.

DeletedUser

Would be a waste of personnel lol

I consider planting spies to be dishonorable, unless it's in an intolerable MRA for the purpose of disbandment. But you guys are very tolerable ;)

DeletedUser33163

Wasn't talking bout infiltrators ;)
Meant regular spys, and hope he hasn't spent too much on filling cave and adding cryptography.

DeletedUser29066

World War II Grepo Style

I found this on a player's personal profile, thought it would make some interesting reading:D

What really happened in WWII
england and france found the allies.
germany founds the axis

Germany conquered Poland.

England broke their NAP with Germany.

England and allies defend from Germany,
but suffer heavy losses as Germany has high level of catalpults.

France got conquered.

Japan decided to spy America and join the axis

America got off, and sent a couple 10k horseman with 1k catapults for laughs and then join allies but be seriously bossy

America cut Japan to 1 point.

Germany sends an attack at Russia, gets
walls down to 0. Russia says "get of my property" then joins the allies

Australia did nothing but just looking at the war between Japan and America.

Russia builds up troops with their lvl 40 resources and lvl 30 barracks before the colony ships can hit again. Walls go back up to 25. Germany can't get reforicments in fast enough.

Colony ships all destroyed, Germany just sends troops although it is clear they cannot take Russia.
Eventually troops run out, Russia can produce them faster.

Russia and Britain/USA simultaneously hit Germany
with their own colony ship.

Hitler deleted his account...

DeletedUser

Most people like my profile on Athens. It's like a piece of world history in the server. People drop me a line about it time to time.

DeletedUser32921

Hi DL,

Sorry to take so long in replying you on the questions which you post me. I think I am ready to reply you now.

1. Who do you think is the best alliance leader besides yourself?

This is a sensitive question since names will be mentioned. I would prefer to just say it this way. Anyone who knows how to maintain a balance with the welfare of his members, keeping everyone in harmony within the alliance and their pact friends ought to be given an applaud for it. As it isn't easy to be a good leader and to keep the alliance active.

2. Who is the worst alliance leader?
Those that lie about themselves and give false impressions to their alliance members.

3. What alliance is the most overrated?
Can't say I know of any.

4. What alliance is the most underrated?
Same answer as above.

5. If you could infiltrate any alliance and obtain founder rights, effectively dissolving it, which one would you choose?
I think to infiltrate anywhere is wrong. So I will not do that.

6. Who is the biggest noob in the entire server?
I've not met any real ones with the exception some who pretends to be noobs but actually uses that attitude to hide themselves.

7. How would you describe the mentality of your alliance?
Friendly, helpful fun loving and team players.

8. If you were the founder of The Archangels, what would you do?
I don't know anything about the Archangels, so no comment.

9. Which alliance do you think resembles the stereotypical MRA the closest?
Never taken notice of anyone so far.

10. What do you think of the alliance Renegades?
No dealings with them so far.

I hope this is good for you DL.

Cheers!
Calistus

Why hello forum goers. As I said in my 'Thoughts on this world' thread, I am starting my own newspaper. It will be called 'The Little Green Man,' one of my aliases. The first thing I will be writing about is what alliances seem to think of each other. I have sent questionnaires to the founders of several prominent alliances including the fascinating Capitalist Pigs. Romair has been the first to reply, and his first response alone is enough to demand a post. Here is what he said:

Romair today at 21:56
Well hello DetroitLeprechaun,

I am very familiar with who you are as I pay close attention to the External forums but never bothered to say anything. I've often enjoyed your posts.

Author has written the following:

Hmm, I would have to say the Leaders Mr. Quiet and Warrior1005 of The Marines. They are a good group.

I believe that the worst alliance leader no longer has an alliance to lead. I'll leave it at that without saying any names.

For the most part I've had respectable dealings with most alliances I've come into contact with. All of them hold up to their reputations and then some.

I would say alliances like The Outcasts and The Marines. Both of them have a strong teamwork ethic and neither have to bully their own members to accomplish their goals.

5. If you could infiltrate any alliance and obtain founder rights, effectively dissolving it, which one would you choose?

I wouldn't. I consider this the tactic weak alliance that is desperate to "survive".

That would be the same person who I didn't mention in question #2.

Pragmatic and Patient.

Persevere, or become a sister alliance to a like minded group.

Hard question. I don't spend too much time eyeing other alliances unless they are allies. I wouldn't consider any of my allies to fit that mold.

So far I have had no dealing with this group.

End message

Based off of what I've heard so far from him, his alliance, Elysium, tends to keep down the straight and narrow. Not too inquisitive it appears. That's the easiest way not to annoy people I suppose, but not my cup of tea. Wait, I don't drink tea. Oh well.

Romair has mentioned an exiled leader of some sort and called him a noob. Romair chose to make said leader anonymous, I do not know his identity. He must have done something quite awful for such secrecy to occur.

After this I inquired about their dealings with The Marines, as I inferred that they were an ally. Here was his response:

Romair today at 22:28
Yes, they are a recent ally. In the little time that we have had dealings with one another their teamwork and spirit have impressed me. To me the quality of an alliance is based on the quality of the people within the alliance. I personally don't care about point value, city or army size, ABP, DBP, whether you are new to the game or a veteran. The only thing that makes my radar is if you are a quality person and can work as part of a team. The Marines have that in abundance.

An interesting point he has made. I myself joined this server with the goal of not working with any arrogant jerks. However, Snapping Turtles will not send you an invite unless your city is what we would consider 'functional.' His response here could potentially lead to Elysium and The Marines being called an MRA.

Later in the interview, I asked him for his definition of an MRA. This is what he said:
"To me an MRA is any alliance who massively recruits for the sole purpose of having more people and more points. Even if that means they have to antagonize and bully the players into joining. I've always disliked those who recruit by farming someone until they join. This does not lead to loyal players or a decent alliance." He seems to believe that MRAs are aggressive, which is contrary to the common belief.

Now you know what's up. Other than the sky.

DeletedUser

Thanks for completing the survey, Calistus! For those who don't know, he is from the alliance Nazgul.

Based on these results we can see that their alliance is underinformed about the happenings of the world, and wish to avoid making enemies. However, we can also see that this was done very professionally and that Nazgul has a solid leader.

DeletedUser7176

The guy/gal that can get together a group of people from various backgrounds, culture, ages and experiences. They get them working towards a common goal and train them to do it. Then don't get in their way. :)
BTW i consider myself more an alliance manager than an alliance leader. I do not do it alone. I am just the spokesperson and most of the time the secretary/number cruncher.

The guys/gals that claim vast experience, (it usually means they have 10 cities on ten worlds all less than 1k pts)
After recruiting a bunch of people they never bother to teach their people how to play (because they don't know how) . On hyper it is critical to teach players. Over half the players are new to the game. I feel sorry for guys that get stuck in these alliances. They usually quit never realizing what a great game this is.
The guy that leads from the back. They get 10 cities and have never attacked anyone themselves.

The alliances that have 100+ members and an academy, but only about 10 of their people are fighters.

The small alliances of just a few players and all of them are in the top 100 players in bp's.

I think to infiltrate anywhere is wrong. So I will not do that.

I've met some real doozies. I love those guys that have a small insignificant alliance of 30 people and half are inactive. Yet they send you a pm and try to get you to merge into them because of their vast experience and success in the game. I checked one guy's record. He had 18 cities on one world. All of them had either been the colonizing of a bare spot, an internal conquest, or an abandoned. Never had he attacked an active player.

Friendly,energetic and team players.

Teach the majority how to play an active aggressive game.

We have so many. I got 80 players and am only fortunate to have about half of them very active and aggressive. Look at all the ones with the academies. Has anyone ever really found enough fighters to fill up an alliance yet. Why keep the farms. They are better for you to either train them to not be farms, or kick them so you can farm them. If you don't farm them we will.

Not many dealings with them so far. Talked to a few of them.

The alliances that are made up of mostly farms will die out. There will be just a couple of types of players left behind. FIGHTERS and SMART TURTLES. Then the real Warfare will begin.

sorry i was so late filling out your survey. Forgot you for a while. :)