Newspaper The Magic within Mochlos

• Thread starter DeletedUser41652
  • Start date

DeletedUser41652

saibot_paper.png

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!
The Fearsome Foursome has begun, The war for the core!!
Many months have pasted since the opening of Mochlos, But?
Know one has a clue on what's been happening outside there own alliance..
We all just want to known what the further beholds for the core?
Well.. I'll let them tell you themselves, What's happening!
As I have managed to get Interviews with each of them..

nv9k04.png

Fearsome Foursome Interviews!

Blue - O55 - Swarm - BlackFury
Q1. Do you believe the merge between yourselves & TPW was a good idea?
Answer
With a resounding YES!! This alliance has been nothing but action and loads of fun to be around. The players/people are interesting and we have fun. The teamwork builds every single day, As well as the trust and you see good things evolving. Looking at the results this alliance has already taken. The top spots in ABP & DBP!!! What a feat in such a short existence on this server.
Q2. Who do you see as your alliances main competition in the next months or so?
Answer
All alliances who are not SWARM, or allied to SWARM are a threat. Every single enemy player is our competition.
Q3. Which alliance(s) has impressed you the most so far? Not counting your own alliance of course?
Answer
I think with all fairness that MFW have done a fair job. SJC have also done well, but all in all I think potential is there for many alliances....the problem is those on the rim think they are safe while internally boredom sets in because the game is not a challenge for them, nor does it present/push them to make it more challenging. This is when cracks will set in and come time we will take advantage of them.
Q4. Is there any further for an alliance in Mochlos after your merge?
Answer
SWARM has a few surprises up their sleeve for the near and long term furture. Anything can happen.
Q5. Is there any last words you would like to share with Mochlos?
Answer
Happy Hunting and Good Gaming. Sorry if you are in our way, but it is just a game and we are sure set out to win it.
Purple - O44 - Underworld Rising - HangTownHero
Q1. Why did you start your alliance/where did you guys come from?
Answer
Several of us started late on another server and when this hero world came out we all decided to have a fresh start...we came to this world and as we grew others around us joined our ranks
Q2. Straitjacket Crusaders and yourself at sharing Blows? How do you fell about this war?
Answer
Well like any war it has its ups and downs...we feel that it is unnecessary but we will not back down from a fight and we have thus far proven that
Q3. Which alliance has impressed you the most so far? Not counting your own alliance of course?
Answer
Brothers of War have seem to come out of nowhere and have made a strong statement so far...that and Wings of Fury also seem to be doing well at this point
Q4. Where do you see Underworld Rising in the next few month?
Answer
UR isn't going anywhere soon...we are in the thick of it and intend to still be there in the coming months
Answer
Not much on last words but Happy Hunting and see you on the battlefields...
Orange - O45 - Brothers of War - Timmy37
Q1. Where did your alliance come from? Are you new or a group from a past world?
Answer
I have made alliances under this name in a few different worlds, but I have not brought anyone from old worlds with me, until recently shidorin joined us. He played with me on Sestos..
Q2. Recent news on the externals show that yourself and Swarm are at war? What's Happening?
Answer
Its going pretty well for us, better than I first expected sense RoaE fell so quickly to them. But most of the Rise players joined us and they are great to work with, right now I think we have taken 5 cities and lost 4, so it is a very close and enjoyable war. We will continue fighting hard with our allies, and good luck to whoever wins. My enemies make the game fun for me, and I could wish nothing but good luck to all of them.
Q3. Which alliance(s) has impressed you the most so far? Not counting your own alliance of course?
Answer
Legion XIII has impressed me a lot. We have been fighting them for almost a month now, and have taken much more cities than they have taken from us, but they fight really hard, especially when they are so much smaller compared to us, I expected a easy fight, but I could see this lasting another 2-3 months while they still have 281 cities in ocean 46.
Q4. What will the further behold in Mochlos for your alliance?
Answer
I think that BoW could win the world wonders at the end of the game. We are very closely allied with WoF who is a very great alliance, and we are number one in the world in 5 oceans, so I see nothing but good things to come in the times ahead of us.
Answer
Not much to say further than what has been said above. Of course anyone can PM me if they have any questions, But I do like going my Alex, not Timmy :)
Green - O54 - Straitjacket Crusaders - Munk
Q1. Why did you start your alliance/where did you guys come from?
Answer
The core of this alliance has been together for a few years now dating back to XI world. Where some of us were allies and others enemies. Then we went to lindos together, and now some of us came here. When the WW stage in lindos started we didn't want to do the WW's again and a lot of us were looking for another world to start fresh, and this one popped up. Along with the curiosity over the hero aspect we wanted to try out. I wanted to give running one more alliance a shot before retiring and a good group of guys came over to help me out.
Q2. Who do you see as your alliances main competition in the next months or so?
Answer
Main competition right now would be the Underworld clans. Few other smaller skirmishes going on but UR is defiantly our most fun dancing partner. 2 good sized, close matched alliances going at it, the way it should be.
Q3. Which alliance has impressed you the most so far? Not counting your own alliance of course?
Answer
The worlds been changing so much its hard to really give a good answer here. Every time I turn around some other alliance has folded, or merged into someone else. Players jump around all over the place, its pretty sad to be honest. So I've been more unimpressed more over then impressed anywhere.
If I had to choose I'd go with Wings of Fury since they gave some of my guys fits here when we started trading blows, they seem to have some solid players over there, and as far as I can tell there hungry to fight. I like that attitude.
Q4. What are your future plans for Mochlos?
Answer
I Just try and continue to improve this alliance and the players within it. Always a challenge getting a big group of players, especially groups of guys who never played with each other, to get comfortable with each other and WANT to help each other. Getting that alliance identity created which has all the guys feeling that there fighting with brothers/sisters and not just random's they could care less about would be great. That's what makes the game fun in my opinion, gaining new friends, saving there cities, helping them get into enemy cities, kicking together, and earning that feeling that you owe it to your mates to help them when they need it and vice versa. If you have an alliance full of players like that then your bound to do good things. And as time has gone by the guys here have gotten a lot more comfortable with each other, forum usage is way up, and there's a lot more joking and clowning around going on between players.
Kinda a weird answer but not sure how else to answer it lol.
Q5. Is there any last world you would like to share with Mochlos?
Answer
I'd just like to thank the guys who stuck by the SC banner during all the over the past few months. Shows a backbone and loyalty, 2 traits I love. And 2 traits that will grant you the privilege of friends you can trust and rely on in this game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time for a top 12 Alliances of Mochlos..
1) SWARM
ABP Ranking: #1
DBP Ranking: #1

The leader in ABP and top dog in O55, After a merge between TPW and MINOANS created the aggressive alliance SWARM of disbands they scooped up the handful of premium players in the core between both alliances, and continue to move up and On. The most aggressive alliance and current dictator of Diplomacy as they have a firm grasp on their core ocean. with a decent leadership. They continue to keep this world interesting and competitive.
SWIM

2) Brothers of War
ABP Ranking: #3
DBP Ranking: #10

These guys are an very interesting alliance, being rank 3 in ABP but only rank 10 in DBP clearly there isn't much competition for these guys in O45, with a small strong hold within O35 there going to be rising up in the ABP ranking but, will this make them bored? Or will they take a risk of taking the fight in the deeper inside the core.
FLOAT

3) Straitjacket Crusaders
ABP Ranking: #2
DBP Ranking: #2

Straitjacket Crusaders is my alliance so I don't really need to comment much, Apart from we are a very organized alliance with a dear old friend of mine Munk running the alliance I have no doubt he will lead our team to a success fun run though out, Mochlos.
SWIM

4) Underworld Rising
ABP Ranking:#4
DBP Ranking: #4

UR I must say has been impressing me so fair, They are currently at war with Straitjacket Crusaders, The war is getting more competitive each day firing blows left,Right and Centre. there an alliance to watch out for even so I would personally call them the Dark Horse of the world. Where everyone seems to underestimate them.
SWIM

5) - MFW -
ABP Ranking: #5
DBP Ranking: #5

I don't know much about these guys there an alliance who is based in the outer core of O66 with hardly any competition things must be getting really slow out there for them, with Three alliance(s) sharing there Ocean within the Top12 ( The Enlightened, Jack Daniels and SWARM of dragons ) There must be some hard hitting between them alliance, Or at least that is what we all hope there doing instead of fighting there little ocean alliance(s) out there.
FLOAT/SINK

6) Wings of Fury
ABP Ranking: #9
DBP Ranking: #9

Wings of Fury is an very quite alliance base between O44 and O45, Being between two cores is normally a tough thing to do but, There guys share Oceans with two top competitors ( Brothers of War in O45 & Underworld Rising in O44 ) they both must be hitting there competition to stay on top of there Ocean, But Wings of Fury is still going strong!
SWIM

7) The Enlightened
ABP Ranking: #7
DBP Ranking: #11

These guys have the same Verdict as - MFW -
FLOAT/SINK

8) SWARM of Dragons
ABP Ranking: #6
DBP Ranking: #6

These guys have the same Verdict as - MFW -
FLOAT/SINK

9) Jack Daniels
ABP Ranking: #10
DBP Ranking: #8

You can't beat a nice glass of Jack Daniels with Three ice cubes lol, Back to Business These guys are a nice alliance but just need to be more aggressive with ocean O56 don't be sitting on troops, They can be rebuild! But good work guys.
SWIM/FLOAT

10) The Legion
ABP Ranking: #8
DBP Ranking: #14

There in the Outer core of O54 in O53/O63 there isn't much I can say about these guys. Nice outer rim alliance needs to step up there game if they want to play with the big boys sooner or later it will happen.
FLOAT/SINK

11) Cake or Death
ABP Ranking: #11
DBP Ranking: #21

I love the name of this alliance Cake and Death go hand in hand together. Apart from that there an out rim alliance with not alot of competition but seem to be finding these BPs somewhere, Keep up the good effort and eat alot of CAKE.
SWIM

12) Legion XIII
ABP Ranking: #15
DBP Ranking: #13

I know noting about these guys, So I am going to leave it blank.
SINK
The Experience of Beginners..

The next Interviews are two new players in the world of Mochlos,
Both players have been hand selected from to different alliances,
Winstonius from the alliance Brothers of War & Mazz3030 from Straitjacket Crusaders
each of them where asked exactly the same question for the purpose of seeing how both alliances.
treat there new players, and help them within their new Grepolis Experience!

Beginners Interview: Winstonius
Q1. Being a first time player how you finding grepolis?
Answer
I'm still playing it after about 3 months if that says anything. I find that its a decent format, definately a lot of thought has been put into the game dynamics and obviously the game has seen regular upgrades even in the shot stint I've been playing. The game allows me to play at my own pace, and network with some great people. Overall its something I'll probably stick with.
Q2. Before joining your alliance did you have an understanding of the game?
Answer
A2. No I was a total noob. I'm still a total noob. But, I'm also not an idiot and can adapt to just about any scenario quickly if there are folks out there willing to answer my questions. When the alliance was young, timmy37 (shout-out!) set up a Q/A thread in the forum. Not only was it helpful, but fast; players would always answer my noob qustions in the beginning. I still have a long way to go though; I'm looking forward to the next server start-up because there's a lot I want to do differently.
Q3. Did your alliance make you fell at home? Or did you fell pushed out? being a first timer?
Answer
Never, Brothers of War was always inclusive as long as you understood the premise of what the alliance was for. Actually, I wrote the alliance mission statement that you see in the profile page. Sort of bragging there...
Q4. Will you continue to play grepolis after this world?
Answer
Absolutely, I see huge potential for a better mouse-trap on my next try.
Q5. Did your alliance help with any advice when you started? or didn't you tell them your a beginner?
Answer
I made it clear that I was a beginner, but I also made it clear that I was an active player, an aggressive player, and willing to support my alliance team mates. For that reason, the advice really flowed well.
Q6. Do you like the alliance your currently in after the short time of playing?
Answer
I got really lucky. In the beginning when I was mostly following the tutorial-style quests, the most infamous quest is "join an alliance". I looked around, wondered what made a decent alliance, but lucked-out when Brothers of War actually recruited ME.
Q7. Do you ask for help from your alliance founders if your stuck with anything about the game?
Answer
At this point in the game, the dynamic is changing quickly. The crappy alliances have all but vanished and are no longer a threat to the top 10 in this Mochlos. Now its more of a campaign against established islands in the core. So, my questions about what to do, where to go, how to conquer cities have changed. I also thing the people in the alliances have changed, we've seen a lot of people move on, some quit, some become inactive or disinterested , yet we've also picked up a lot of new people through pacts and mergers. I don't think the help has necessarily been better, but the questions have gotten more difficult to answer. Its easy to answer a noob question, but its hard to figure out how to get a new player across two oceans and into a heavily-defended core.
Beginners Interview: Mazz3030
Q1. Being a first time player how you finding grepolis?
Answer
I find that the game has a very balanced feel to it. i fell in love with the idea that diplomacy in the game is really player made. and so is everything else. having a generally older player age average also makes me feel that i'm not entirely being childish haha! I like the game so much that i actually bought some premium. i never buy premium. this is a feature rich game, with as much detail to it as you can spare time into discovering. i will continue to play for sure even if the hero worlds come to an end.
Q2. Before joining your alliance did you have an understanding of the game?
Answer
I have been into computer games since Dune. i mostly played strategy so i am familiar with games like Age of Empires, Civilizations, and other similar games like 7 kingdoms, C&C and so on. but, i must say that it took a bit of getting used to working with an alliance. i was lucky because i immediately joined Minoans Asylum before the pesky SWARM showed up. i learned a lot through the leaders there and i did a lot of reading online and in the forums. i feel like i still have a lot to learn though but i got down the hard basics.
Q3. Did your alliance make you fell at home? Or did you fell pushed out? being a first timer?
Answer
All the alliances i joined were very good to new players when they showed active participation in the game. this is not a game you can "win" on your own so i feel that being good to your mates will ultimately be good for you. be tardy and not participate and sooner or later we will munch you down.
Q4. Will you continue to play grepolis after this world?
Answer
Absolutely!!!!!
Q5. Did your alliance help with any advice when you started? or didn't you tell them your a beginner?
Answer
I read the guides in the forums back then, and i also asked the leaders by PM. they were all helpful.
Q6. Do you like the alliance your currently in after the short time of playing?
Answer
Yes. SC has some of the best players in the game and they are very good at what they do. again this is all about how much you show participation. i like to feel that i am actively participating for the good of the alliance. i certainly feel that it pays off.
Q7. Do you ask for help from your alliance founders if your stuck with anything about the game?
Answer
Of course. but only as a last resort or if i feel like i have a matter that is important enough to bring to their attention. for example, i'm not sure how to deal with a strategic situation. i could also just ask the leaders of the ocean i'm in.
Here are the current!
Player Colonization..

Screen Shoot of Player Colonization
The Last 7 Days Players Colonization (Gains)
2v3rluu.jpg

( Losses)The Last 7 Days Player Colonization
2vwtj5k.jpg

Please Read All Information Before Commenting..
I'm Batman.. Muahahaha..
good-night.jpg

Thank you to all Interviews! Massive help with the First Edition of The Magic within Mochlos.
^^^ Please Don't Look In This Spoiler It Will Scare You.. ^^^

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46961

Really amazing job. You did a good job covering every detail for people who arent fully aware, I hope to see more of this in the next word:)

DeletedUser24139

Outstanding Job

Things like this make the going on's inside a server easier to comprehend. Kudos to you Sir! :cool:

Comments on Reviews:

Blackfury - Solid interview. Looks like SWARM has a strangle hold on the core which will make this world a tough place to play in. Seems like a straight up guy with a strong head on his shoulders. He doesn't take anything for granted and has that alliances' head on straight. Although Black only singled out a couple alliances I can understand why with the current stats and placement showing a firm grasp of things are in SWARMS hands.

Hangtownhero - Rather one sided interview here with a perspective looking out his own window so to speak. Being that WoF, BoW and UR are pacted it is safe to say that there is a lot of butt-kissing going on to give each other props. Seems like self preservation took a hold here so that they could fight SJC....is that all, only SJC?

Timmy37 - Interesting that no other players from other worlds that Timmy has played in where brought here? Really? An alliance that benefitted from the RoaE collapse big time according to all the Grepostat alliance movements....not to forget WoF has as well. BoW is not fighting SWARM alone. With 3 alliances just out of 2 oceans fighting SWARM it amazes me how inept they are. Looking at the recent conquers on both side SWARM is leading the war against Wof/Bow/SoD/BoWII /UR/UG by a whopping tally of 63:13!!!! Holy smokes.....that interview must have been written up, what, 3 weeks ago??

Takes against SWARM by alliance: BoW (4), UG (1), UR (3), WoF (5), BoWII (0), SoD (0) = 13:rolleyes:

Takes by SWARM against (by alliance): BoW (25), UG (10), UR (9), WoF (8), BowII (1), SoD (10) = 63 :eek:

Again with no other competition in some of the oceans BoW occupies it is no wonder they rank #1 in an ocean.....tough feat? I think otherwise. :eek:

Munk - Fair interview. Sounds like a good guy, but also sounds like there are internal problems going on? Not sure, but his words are justified.:pro:

All in all this Newspaper has the makings of being a good one if it can be repeated each say month. You don't see too many good ones around. One thing that is missing are the quantitative and qualitative data to support the positions each alliance is in, in terms of growth and so on......food for thought anyway.

Ciao

DeletedUser

Definitely one of the best papers i have seen keep up the good work, I enjoyed the analysis of the replies from Dave as well. Maybe he could get his own column?

DeletedUser

Very well done . . . thank you for going to such extra effort to report on Mochlos!

DeletedUser

great job Saib0t!! although we may or may not always agree with the opinions of our opponents, it's nice to see the perspectives from each so that we can better understand them........also, we can analyze the data of each alliance in terms of strengths and weaknesses via abp/dbp & colonization gains or losses, but at the end of the day it's all about enjoying the connection of playing with old friends and making new friends along the way that don't take winning the game too seriously, but instead can see the big picture of how we all love those moments when we can enjoy a good laugh that comes from the pure silliness that erupts in the moments where we least expect them

DeletedUser

great read :)
brillent reviews and well worth the time to read
keep up the great work :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nicely done,glad to see someone trying to keep these forums alive and worth reading
+rep