Newspaper The Nagidos Nag, Issue I've lost count

DeletedUser46395

The Nagidos Nag, Issue I've lost count

Bringing you the Truth through Lies since next week
Never Knowingly Accurate.

Proud to be standing up to truth and honesty. (I give up. - Ed)

The Originator of Alternative Facts and Fake News

EDITORIAL

We seem to have hit that bit of a server where there's not a lot happening of much interest, just a lot of consolidation. The same is even more true of these forums, as the feeble participation in the forum comp attests to. Of course this is in part down to alliance leaders desperate to protect their alliance's reputations, which we will look at in more detail - The Nag blames whichever idiot keeps saying "you can't win a server in the Externals, but you can lose one there." (Er, isn't that you? -Ed). In fact we have to look at that, because there's otherwise not much happening of interest... and I know that if I don't get some sort of issue out this week, there probably won't be any more. Now I know that saying "there doesn't seem to be much happening" will cause Irate of Ocean 97 to contact me and complain that I've not covered The Nutbutterer's war against Global Spartan Spartans, which is turning into a massacre at 4 takes to 2, but that's a risk I'm prepared to take to share my perceptions.

The politics of control - or the control of politics

This is actually a bit deep and meaningful for The Nag, but then so is a yoghurt, for that matter.

At the heart of this question is "what are the externals for?", but also "what's the point of the game?".

At the end of the day, Grepolis is a game. The Nag won't go in to questions of if it's better or worse than it used to be, but focus purely on it being a game. It's actually a fascinating game, despite its simplicity, in that it works on many levels, and depends so heavily on social interaction. Yes, it's a war game on one level, and often that's the most fun level. But you don't win it by fighting, you win it by simming. Which rather makes the fact that everyone uses the term "simmer" as a form of abuse rather ironic...
But above all, it's a resource management game, resources including gold, silver, wood, rock, military units and cities. Fact is that resource management isn't generally as interesting as fighting, but it's the side that manages those resources the best that wins, and the best alliance leaders know that. So you don't win by the fun bit...
And so to the Externals. What's the point of them? Well there are multiple purposes, including communication between Inno and its customers (no comment from The Nag on how well that's managed...) and other practical reasons, but then there are the individual world sections, which have rather different purposes.

Purpose 1 - propaganda. A very good forum for spreading information or misinformation about opponents to sway opinion either across the server, within the enemy alliance, or within one's own alliance.

Purpose 2 - to wind up the opposition. Somewhat of a development of propaganda, this is all about making your enemy act irrationally and controlling them. Ludicrously easy with some people.

Purpose 3 - To make yourself look stupid. Most people posting this way have no idea that that's the reason they're posting, they think they're making strong statements about how wonderful they are and how terrible their enemy is, but really all that they're doing is telling the rest of the server what an idiotic buffoon they are. Very popular tactic, this, which is highly amusing for onlookers. Of course this buffoonery reflects back on their alliance as well...

Purpose 4 - Information gathering. Typically, people will make statements they know not to be true, and the target can't wait to contradict that statement with the actual truth - exactly what the initial poster wanted...

Purpose 5 - Just to have fun. Proper trash talk falls into this category, when done with a sense of humour it's great. When done without, it falls into category 3. ;)
The Nag also falls into this category. I hope.

Now leaders of the major alliances would love to control what people post here - particularly to cut our category 3, and eliminate the effects of category 4. Problem is that they can't forbid people from using it, because where's the fun in the game then? So they end up doing verbal contortions when they make statements on the subject, which is funny in itself.
A good example this week is Poopstan(i). I like Pat, he's honest, straightforward and trustworthy, characteristics that you think would rule you out of being the leader of a major alliance, but actually exactly what you need. But what neither he nor any other alliance leader needs are loose canons either damaging the alliance's reputation, or giving away information needlessly. So in a bit of minor mischief-making, the editor of this mighty organ rather painted him into a corner where he had to respond earlier this week by suggesting to some posters that he might not be happy with their Category 3 stuff.

So this is what he said:

"1. You shouldn't care what folks say...Do any of you honestly "care" what gets posted on the externals? Really?
2. You shouldn't post (as bear so aptly points out) because folks will just use the info for their own purposes
3. The forums are exactly what bear uses them for-- a place to gather info and assess people silly enough to give him and others info they can gather to use against you..
4. The more you argue or post in this forum the more you give you competition to use for their own purposes"

Point one is of course rather disingenuous, because if he didn't care what was posted in the externals, he wouldn't be making these points to try to discourage people from posting in the externals ... ;)
(Also point 3 isn't really correct about me, I get my info in-game for the most part and seldom use this place for intel gathering, but it's generally true about others.)

But that's what all the major alliance leaders - at least all the smart ones - would like to say. However, he realised the danger in denying fun (and freedom!) to his alliance, so quickly followed up with this:

"Folks on my team -- you can of course continue to use this forum as you see fit"

so no ban on forum use, but

"i would hope you would refrain from doing anything but reading them as this does nothing to further our team goals and agenda..."

So there we have it - read but don't comment is the official Extortion view, 'cos you're not trusted not to put your foot in it. ;)

The danger with this, of course, is that people DO care what's written here, and that's why he himself has posted a little more here, as has kkkeeeer - people trusted to toe the party line, as it were. Wonder which leaders will be discouraged from posting? ;) But if an alliance doesn't keep their end up, they start to look weak.

So in the end, the Externals DO matter, and that's why alliance leaders wish to control what's written here. It will be very interesting to see what happens next on that front...

Show Me Your Noobies

Seem to be completely asleep, anybody got any idea what they're up to? Seem rather rudderless at the moment, not surprising given the Foo situation. Overtaken by This is not a hammer on points, they've taken a few from Blood Ties but lost a few to Noobs. Who they deny having any relationship with. But then they denied having any relationships before, which wasn't exactly true.
Any info/gossip/whatever for the next issue gratefully received.

Player name of the week

RagingArdon. How DOES he get away with that? ;)

And that's all we've got time for this issue. Hopefully the next one will be funnier again...

DeletedUser46395

Well whaddya know, question no sooner asked than answered. I think the response might call for a special edition before Witchy gets the info out...

DeletedUser54360

Well whaddya know, question no sooner asked than answered. I think the response might call for a special edition before Witchy gets the info out...
No go for it

The last time was completely without malice. Anyway God forbid anyone would slip behind the mask and imagine I had any idea about anything going on .

17Feb MM to LOTR Members.

" I feel it in my waters that The Langolier Ones will launch attacks on LOTR whilst I am in VM. It is exactly Alkandros's established M O.. "

Guess what ?

DeletedUser54542

No go for it

The last time was completely without malice. Anyway God forbid anyone would slip behind the mask and imagine I had any idea about anything going on .

17Feb MM to LOTR Members.

" I feel it in my waters that The Langolier Ones will launch attacks on LOTR whilst I am in VM. It is exactly Alkandros's established M O.. "

Guess what ?
Do you really think Alky was waiting for you to hit VM to launch attacks on your alliance?o_O

DeletedUser54433

Although it may sound a little paranoid, you have to admit its something reasonable

DeletedUser37020

Show Me Your Noobies

Seem to be completely asleep, anybody got any idea what they're up to? Seem rather rudderless at the moment, not surprising given the Foo situation. Overtaken by This is not a hammer on points, they've taken a few from Blood Ties but lost a few to Noobs. Who they deny having any relationship with. But then they denied having any relationships before, which wasn't exactly true.
Any info/gossip/whatever for the next issue gratefully received.

Second in ABP for the week, just behind Extortion. Doesn't seem we are quite asleep.

Alliance ABP for the last week
Extortion - 1,158,351
SMYN - 1,040,375
Drill - 934,522
Hammer - 668,496
Noobs - 641,799
WIB - 424,186

DeletedUser48256

Second in ABP for the week, just behind Extortion. Doesn't seem we are quite asleep.

Alliance ABP for the last week
Extortion - 1,158,351
SMYN - 1,040,375
Drill - 934,522
Hammer - 668,496
Noobs - 641,799
WIB - 424,186

If you want to keep it fair you have to do average ABP per player ;)

Loki - 22121
SMYN - 20857
Extortion - 18948
Noobs - 15115
TINAD - 14787

smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif
smiley_emoticons_freu-dance.gif

DeletedUser37020

You missed my point. And your post still proves my point. But, yes there is some value at looking at abp per player.

DeletedUser42792

As per usual Bear u are correct and i am wrong....i stand corrected for most everything grepo related...

I will apologize now for the server(all of it) ..its my usual position(getting the blame,barbs or otherwise negative attention)...By all means it must be my fault, im breathing...

Good news is that many things seem to be moving forward and the folks doing the most talking about how things are unfair, boring or how i(we) will use folks to our own ends seem to be the ones doing the moving and shaking and setting up their own "moves" to counter our supposed ones...we are slimming down and the rest are beefing up....

good news is that most folks info seems to be out of date..and as we consolidate our plans and follow the same ones since day one -most everyone else are "expanding" their own...i have to chuckle as the server will play out and the most vocal folks will undoubtedly lay more blame at our feet and justify what they do as a reaction to what has been done to date...

here is your easy target accepting all blame to make it easier for you all to have fun and explain your actions(reactions)... i wish u well and expect to have fun the balance of the server getting harpooned for all things grepo related...

no need to worry -- its a normal occurrence so no need to concern yourself-- my aim is to make it easier for everyone to do what they do best-- have a great day and a better RL ;)

DeletedUser54360

Course he does buddy , told you he would but they who have no facts make up there own as usual :)

Well that is exactly what you did the facts support the statement .

You are getting an unshakeable reputation for always losing the prize because of your paranoia and insecurity.

Shady untrustworthy dealings when telling the truth and honesty would serve you better.

I cant find a single leader in a top 10 Alliance that has a good word to say about you .

It is a shame because I would have delivered you the serious win and status you crave had you just stayed honest to your word.

I have set up winning units 3 times you have never won anything even though you are good enough to have done so.

You are your own worst enemy. Now behave yourself or I might just activate my 6 sleepers early .

I see no need just yet unless you irritate me.

DeletedUser29748

I cant find a single leader in a top 10 Alliance that has a good word to say about you .

I dont require cuddling from anyone thanks , i suggest you speak to my players who are the ones who matter. Possibly the ones forwarding me on your non stop mails trying to get them to swap you cities , threatening them and of course trying to recruit them. These and all my players are the only views i am interested in.

I mean i was pretty dissapointed you missed me out on the mailing as you seemed to have covered everybody else in the 3 alliances :D

DeletedUser29748

It is a shame because I would have delivered you the serious win and status you crave had you just stayed honest to your word.

You have some nerve considering it was The Langoliers who were covering you backside for weeks and for you to then turn around and blame them for your losses , mail my players threatening them if they didn't open your mail and support they would be evicted from the alliance, Blocking you was sabotage :eek:. Sorry but we kept our word unfortunately you didn't have any word except for what's best for you.

And before you bring out the old chestnut of holding back SMYN back all for little old us , i think anybody with any sense will see that you started fighting SMYN before we even landed in 64 , regardless us being there or not you were fighting them so what , if we not there you would have just gave them all your cities and not bothered.

As for "sleepers" well wake then , kick them in to touch , i'm wondering if these are the same fictional council that you spoke to before that told you it was all little old Alky that dissolved the PACT without having any vote :p, i believe one of my actual council confirmed that one to you although i am sure you not interested in hearing from the right players.

DeletedUser46391

As per usual Bear u are correct and i am wrong....i stand corrected for most everything grepo related...

I will apologize now for the server(all of it) ..its my usual position(getting the blame,barbs or otherwise negative attention)...By all means it must be my fault, im breathing...

Good news is that many things seem to be moving forward and the folks doing the most talking about how things are unfair, boring or how i(we) will use folks to our own ends seem to be the ones doing the moving and shaking and setting up their own "moves" to counter our supposed ones...we are slimming down and the rest are beefing up....

good news is that most folks info seems to be out of date..and as we consolidate our plans and follow the same ones since day one -most everyone else are "expanding" their own...i have to chuckle as the server will play out and the most vocal folks will undoubtedly lay more blame at our feet and justify what they do as a reaction to what has been done to date...

here is your easy target accepting all blame to make it easier for you all to have fun and explain your actions(reactions)... i wish u well and expect to have fun the balance of the server getting harpooned for all things grepo related...

no need to worry -- its a normal occurrence so no need to concern yourself-- my aim is to make it easier for everyone to do what they do best-- have a great day and a better RL ;)

It's not like you to justify yourself bud.

DeletedUser54360

You have some nerve considering it was The Langoliers who were covering you backside for weeks and for you to then turn around and blame them for your losses , mail my players threatening them if they didn't open your mail and support they would be evicted from the alliance, Blocking you was sabotage :eek:. Sorry but we kept our word unfortunately you didn't have any word except for what's best for you.

And before you bring out the old chestnut of holding back SMYN back all for little old us , i think anybody with any sense will see that you started fighting SMYN before we even landed in 64 , regardless us being there or not you were fighting them so what , if we not there you would have just gave them all your cities and not bothered.

As for "sleepers" well wake then , kick them in to touch , i'm wondering if these are the same fictional council that you spoke to before that told you it was all little old Alky that dissolved the PACT without having any vote :p, i believe one of my actual council confirmed that one to you although i am sure you not interested in hearing from the right players.

I am well aware of the facts.

You lied and have also done so with other Leaders. It will all rebound on you.

The facts are these.

You attacked an ex pact group just as we were creaming the Sicilians.

So you are dishonest and that is all that needs to be said.

It remains to be seen what long term good it will do you.

DeletedUser54360

WG, I would just like to remind you that the world orbits around the sun.

The talks for TLS to become a thing and the NAP to be ended happened long before you hit VM.

It just happened that the council votes came in just as you went away. But, I suppose you won't ever like to believe that.

So you were planning treachery for a long time ? Thank you for confirming the facts..

DeletedUser54360

I dont require cuddling from anyone thanks , i suggest you speak to my players who are the ones who matter. Possibly the ones forwarding me on your non stop mails trying to get them to swap you cities , threatening them and of course trying to recruit them. These and all my players are the only views i am interested in.

I mean i was pretty dissapointed you missed me out on the mailing as you seemed to have covered everybody else in the 3 alliances :D

TRY UNBLOCKING ME .. Even on this you are deficient in the truth.

Your credibility is shattered.

Van Helsing

Phrourach
We at Extortion etc etc would like to make it clear (Is it ok to use clear? - yep) that we are not barred from using the external forum. Indeed it is thought important to voice our (sorry should I say ours or the Leaders? - no? ok) our comments. We do so knowing we have the backing and commitment (no you dont!) - erm...knowledge? - nope - tolerance of our supreme leader.

We are able to comment on anything (no you're not!) anything not related to - strategy, aims, goals and targets (yep thats ok) - Can I mention pacts? (NO! we dont have pacts) what about extortionists are we in a pact with them (NO! - nobody, nothing) - erm.. ok so there you have it an alliance free to voice its opinions.

DeletedUser54360

I feel like talking with WG, no matter what you say or what point of the argument you give, he will turn it into something completely unrelated. Someone please tell me this doesn't only happen to me?

Do you honestly believe that the reason you are being attacked from all sides is because you have great credibility? Oh no, the horror - everyone else in this world is complete scum and you are the only pure one!

Please do not pass your comments off as mine. I appreciate we view this matter from different perspectives. There is a difference between the truth and the version we all prefer to believe. That TLO is squeakly cvlean is your preferred reality. I just do not share that view and I state facts to support my view.

Since we have corresponded a total of 1 times ... What are you talking about ? Spell Cast warrior.