• Start date

DeletedUser46395

The Nagidos Nag, Issue The Great Merge Issue
****Special Merge issue****
***Special request Edition***
**Special today: Buy one, get one**

Bringing you the Truth through Lies since before the merge

Never Knowingly Accurate.

Proud to be standing up to truth and honesty. (Gaaaagh! - Ed)

The Originator of Alternative Facts and False News

Firstly, apologies to our loyal reader. RL has solidly interrupted any attempt to get a paper out for some weeks now. However, given the overwhelming clamour* for another issue to examine the news of the merge between Extortion and This Is Not A Drill, it seemed churlish to refuse.

* Well OK, Witchy asked. Nobody else cares...

SO this mighty organ has arranged an exclusive interview with one of the of the merged alliance, and we will try to find out what it's all about. We will also make up lots of quotes from interested parties to try to make this look more like a proper newspaper, but our regular reader won't be fooled by that.

So, without further ado, here's the interview; please note that the leader in question requested anonymity, which was refused on the grounds that it's patently obvious I'm too idle to interview anyone other than myself anyway.

NN: So This is Not A Drill and Extortion have chosen to merge to go for WWs. Was this always the plan?

Bear: No, not at all. We entered this world for one reason only, to try to win. From early on it was clear that there were four major powers in this world, and that the Bloods were not interested in WWs. So likely a three way fight, and we were comfortable with that. So long as neither of our opponents grew so large that we couldn't compete, then we fancied our chances in a build-off.

NN: And that's why you decided not to fight anyone?

Bear: Contrary to popular opinion, this ain't really a war game, it's a resource management game. You don't win the game by fighting - unfortunately, IMHO - but by building Wonders. So fighting played a part in securing our core and helping growth, but was never central to our plan of building WWs. We're playing this game as it is, not as we wish it was.

NN: What did you think about the first Great Merge?

Bear: The attempt between Extortion and Noobies? We thought it was the obvious step for them both to take to sideline us, but we also suspected that there were too many egos involved to make it work, and so it proved. Of course it's highly ironic to now here some of those concerned crying foul at our merge, but hey, that's life, you can't expect people not to be hypocritical.

NN: What changed your minds about a merge, then?

Bear: Practicalities. We figured we had a good chance to build 4, but next to no chance of building 7. Meanwhile, WG and others were throwing their lot in with SMYN which changed the maths a bit and we felt made it that bit harder.

NN: Skiboot says that you spoke to SMYN first about a merger, is that true?

Bear: We spoke to them, that's true. First? No.

NN: So you approached Extortion first, then?

Bear: Not really, no.

NN: I'm confused...

Bear: Extortion approached us. We considered our options, which meant talking to everyone. Long and the short of it was we took the option that best supported our goals.

NN: Skiboot also says you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Bear: Yeah, not sure why that should be the case. We're playing this world to win, so we do what we think gives us the best odds of doing that. Seems very peculiar to argue that that is somehow shameful, but hey...

NN: And Witchy is threatening to unleash his Krakens...

Bear: Ah Witchy, I do rather like him, you know.

NN: Oddly enough, I know...

Bear: I did try to tell him some time back that I thought he had chosen the wrong side, but he was so fixated on the TLO business...

NN: And the Krakens?

Bear: Whatever.

NN: He says this merge is a mistake you wouldn't have made.

Bear: Well I don't see it as a mistake, and I'm right behind it. In a non-WW world, it wouldn't have happened. As it is, Witchy's efforts almost guaranteed it happening.

NN: Tig says he's always known you and Extortion would work together, and he planned for it.

Bear: That's remarkably clever, because it was never part of our plans. For much of the time, we would have been more likely to fight Extortion than work with them.

NN: So you were planning to fight Extortion?

Bear: No; we didn't rule the option out, but never planned it. However, the option to merge with them was extremely recent. Which is why I say Tig was amazingly clever if he foresaw something we didn't. ;)

NN: I think it would be fair to say the leadership of Extortion and This Is Not A Drill weren't always on the best of terms?

Bear: In some cases, yes. There were clashes between certain leaders, particularly at a diplo level early on.

NN: And now?

Bear: Simply not an issue. We all love each other. :)

NN: Thank you for your time.

Well now, that wasn't odd in the slightest, was it?

We went out to ask various people for their opinions, but it was raining, so made them up instead:

Skiboot: "It's all shameful, they should be ashamed, it's shaming, what a shame. How dare they try to win? Shameful."

Tig: "I knew they would do that, it's all part of my cunning plan."

MBCZ: "How pleasant to have RT and Bear part of the alliance."

WG: "Krakens, oppressors, Rimlords, er, make some sort of sentence out of that..."

Skiboot: "Shameful, I say, shameful. Embarrassing. Shameful. Don't you know it's not done to try to win?"

Steve Johnson: "Where's the beer?"

Skiboot: "Shameful! They're going to drink all the beer too! Embarrassing! Shameful!"

RT: "Beer, now you're talking!"

**Fidelitas**: "Bostin' article, where's the beer?"

Skiboot: "If you think that organising all the top players into one alliance to win at any cost is smart then I can't help you."

Bear: "Clearly not, Ski, because you didn't think of it. Not sure why you don't think it's smart, though?"

Skiboot: "It's actually about as dumb as it gets"

Bear: "And why's that, Ski? Surely it's only dumb if it doesn't work. Surely it's a remarkably sensible way of achieving one's goals?"

Skiboot: "Shameful! Embarrassing! Shameful! Embarrassing! Embarrassing! Shameful!"

Bear: "No wibble?"

Skiboot: "Wibble wibble wibble shameful wibble embarrassing wibble wibble wibble"

Bear: "Well, makes more sense than the rest of your arguments, for sure."

Steve Johnson: "About that beer..."

And on that note, no good journalist could turn down the opportunity for a pint, and I'm certainly a no good journalist.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54360

Fair enough I did ask .

And I do pick up the undertone that this was forced upon you despite your more noble instincts.

All I did was try to make a game of it extortion being so far ahead everyone else made of more brittle material than I would be disheartened.

Players want to win and Leaders have to compromise their own ideals at time to give said players the best chance.

I do not think Ski merits the class one uber ridicule presented here unless you are prepared to publish the actual exchanges between you and he.

My bullshit radar is at 11 and senses that you are shifting/deflecting the debate away from your u turn of astrophysical proportions to ridicule Ski as a way to avoid more stringent examination of your own move.

What profiteth it a Man if he gaineth the Grepo World but loseth his Grepo Soul ?

I realise Extortion have won Nagidos they won it the day that Alkandros and TLO threw the world away in an act of malicious stupidity . Everything since then has been a recruiting drive for my next and Final World.

Nagidos is not going to go down in the annals as a classic - in fact I can safely say it has been the least inspiring world I have participated in . The most exciting thing has been your News Letter and for that ...

Teo Absolvo .. Bear ..

Go in peace .. but next time serve the RIMLORD and we can win a world together the right way... AMEN,,

DeletedUser46395

Ski's actual utterances are pretty close to the made up ones. I've included them because I think they're funny, but mostly because I simply don't understand the charge. I'm not trying to deflect anything, I have been entirely open and honest about what we've done and why.

As to Alkandross, I think you massively overrated his influence.

DeletedUser54360

No I just made the mistake of trusting him . ( Alkandros )

I always knew only I had the "it" that is needed to win a world out of the two of us. But I was prepared to help him make it his time. His turn to wear the Green Jacket

The green eyed Monster does silly things to all of us at times.

I certainly dont think " he was a half decent GRepo Player " is going to get editorial space on my tombstone.
It is a game and not a winning one for me this time.

I didn't rip into you Bear. You did what your members required of you . I understand. I think too highly of you to believe that you did anything other than trade on extortions totally unfounded fear that they could somehow contrive to lose this world from such a commanding position . The Extortion players that have been summarily evicted from Wonder Seats they fully deserved to occupy have doubtless got a strong case to make an UNFAIR DISMISSAL claim. But will they ??? I doubt it.

The difference between the two moves was that I tried to breathe some life back into this world while yours killed it stone dead.

I dont feel apologetic about my move either .

If your actions had mirrored your earlier stated stance CAUSTIC/TOOLS could never have happened.

But that is unrealistic.

Members are always going to want to win at any price.

But the proposition that I precipitated this move on your part is flattering in the extreme. Especially when you consider it is not that long ago that you could not have exchanged my opinion for a sheet of toilet paper in this august forum..

It is hard to see what either the RIMLORD or the RIMLORDS have lost in this world.

We will try harder and start earlier next time.

DeletedUser24285

This is the first world running under the new WW rotation rules (I think). I am sure that both TINAD and Extortion have promised their remaining members that they will also get crowns. It will be interesting to see if these promises are kept and that the necessary rotation will be practical.

DeletedUser46391

This is the first world running under the new WW rotation rules (I think). I am sure that both TINAD and Extortion have promised their remaining members that they will also get crowns. It will be interesting to see if these promises are kept and that the necessary rotation will be practical.

You able to stay around long enough to find out?

Name one promise tinad has made and not backed up.

It's cool I can wait.

DeletedUser54360

You able to stay around long enough to find out?

Name one promise tinad has made and not backed up.

It's cool I can wait.

I think you have lost something (that I agree was of little value earlier) but now isdemonstrably worthless.

This exchange (Identity protected) is only one of many I could publish

WitchunterGeneral today at 08:25
I will put this exchange on Exteral Forum but protect your identity.

I think it needs to be said what they are doing to this game..

NOBLE OPPONENT today at 08:21

In all fairness I can't stand Richard, we've had past talkings and find him derogatory and primitive lol

Agreed that they have used the merger as a means to end a world quicker and in my opinion it would be better to fight it out and enjoy the worlds.

I joined Extortion due to only seeing what was about in this world but leading to friends asking me to relocate and join them up north.

Grepolis is dying as a game anyway, it's purely gold motivated and the guys with the biggest bank balance dominate.

Talent isn't enough here anymore. A lot of the old gaurd left recently

WitchunterGeneral today at 08:15

But who of teh top fighters will ever play again for these dishonest formers of a SMA?

SLIMO-MONOLITH ALLIANCE.

Would you ever play for these jokers again .. especially "He who speaketh with a forked tongue Richard Thrust"?

I wonder if these GREPOMUSSOLINI'S realise hwo much they have lost by this move and how damaging it is for GREPOLIS in general?

NOBLE OPPONENT today at 08:10

So well put my friend. It has been a world to reward simmers.

Some of us have been fighting for BP throughout and now are forced to step aside to let "experienced players" take over the wonder islands

This is my last world after 7 years so will see it out. Crowns don't entertain me, I have enough to give them out lol

Well, hopefully their is still fun to be had here

WitchunterGeneral today at 07:48

I am just killing time till September. This world is a farce. Where sanctimonious saliva has been dressed up as nobility.

I have never played Wonders but what a Palaver over the least skillful part of the game.

If I was interested in Wonders I would WONDER how a loyal teammate gets jettisoned at the end of 6 months play just so the uber top echelon of simmers can get another meaningless crown.

Nagidos leads the world rankings of Farces..

At least we both got a glimpse of how different things would have been if PoisonBerry and Alkandros had not been such bitter dissapointments to me..

One thing is for sure W G will be taken note of in the next and final World of the RIMLORDS .

NOBLE OPPONENT today at 07:41

Damn it missed one of your LS nukes lol

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

If you had any sense you would take a long hard look at yourself RT and ask the question . Who comes out of this world smelling of Roses and who smelling of garbage?

My appeal is to the vast majority of open minded GREPO Veterans who read this forum but remain silent. Your appeal is to a few perpetual Yes Men - the rent a like crowd.

A reputation is like glass once broken it cannot be put back together again.

You dont have the TOOLS in your bag to repair the damaged reputation.

Robspierre said ( approximately )" He who takes my goods takes mere chattels .. He who takes my good name takes everything of value that I possess."

Well clearly you are no Robspierre Richard.

Soooooooo intent on THRUSTING yourself to the top of the list of Plaster Saints.

However I see the cracks in your Pedastal and so do many more Veterans that I am in regular contact with.

BEAR I LIKE YOU .. I am sure that you are torn by loyalty that has just about held sway over your clear subliminal misgivings about this .

You will never convince me BEAR that you willingly demeaned yourself like this. For once you had better follow your own advice and remain silent on this subject going forward.

DeletedUser46395

It's very, very simple. The whole purpose of our alliance from the very start was to try to win the server. Not to make the most friends, not to be the best fighters, not even to have the most fun. If servers were won by fighting, I would personally much prefer it, but they're not, they're won by high-endsimming. I've never played a world to win before, certainly not right from the start, so it was an interesting intellectual challenge. We have never, at any point, hidden our goal or in any way been dishonest about it - or indeed anything else. We played most of this server to win on our own, but now we've done the smart thing to reinforce our chances. Nothing at all to be ashamed or embarrassed about, however twisted one's own sense of chivalry might be. So demeaned myself? In what way? I'm not the one making rather nasty and entirely undeserved personal attacks like yours on RT: THAT'S demeaning. Is it demeaning to try to do what you say you're going to do? How?
We've not tried to enslave the server, as has been done several times. We've not broken any rules. We've not lied to people. We stuck to our original gameplan until now, and now we have a better one.

Demeaning? Or sour grapes? I know which one it sounds like to me...

DeletedUser54360

It's very, very simple. The whole purpose of our alliance from the very start was to try to win the server. Not to make the most friends, not to be the best fighters, not even to have the most fun. If servers were won by fighting, I would personally much prefer it, but they're not, they're won by high-endsimming. I've never played a world to win before, certainly not right from the start, so it was an interesting intellectual challenge. We have never, at any point, hidden our goal or in any way been dishonest about it - or indeed anything else. We played most of this server to win on our own, but now we've done the smart thing to reinforce our chances. Nothing at all to be ashamed or embarrassed about, however twisted one's own sense of chivalry might be. So demeaned myself? In what way? I'm not the one making rather nasty and entirely undeserved personal attacks like yours on RT: THAT'S demeaning. Is it demeaning to try to do what you say you're going to do? How?
We've not tried to enslave the server, as has been done several times. We've not broken any rules. We've not lied to people. We stuck to our original gameplan until now, and now we have a better one.

Demeaning? Or sour grapes? I know which one it sounds like to me...[/QUOTE

How dare I give Richard Thrust exactly what he dishes out on a regular basis to all and sundry?. If there is one player who does deserve commentry it is he.

Nasty and entirely undeserved? You are taking loyalty too far BEAR . He has had plenty to say for himself when demeaning and deriding others. If he wants to dish it out let him take it for a change. I am merely quoting his own and extortion teammates dont forget that.

DISPOSSED EXTORTION WONDER RESIDENT

I don't venture into externals mate but yeah agreed. It's not a favoured method and many would agree.

THAnk you and all the best mate. I'm aiming to head into ocean 53 so I can what I enjoy and fight lol

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My proposal in not that you have lied or cheated. Simply that you have tarnished your reputations..

It is there for all to see..

I am not demanding that you are embarrased about that . You dont even have to acknowledge it.

But no matter what you say ... the damage is done .. you may consider it a price worth paying .. I dont and many many many ( including TOOL and Caustic originals ) agree with me.

So for goodness sakedont exacerbate your problems. just slide away quietly as I have been trying to make my point without hammering into you..

I know who to blame and so do you.

It is painful for me to see you losing your customary cool sang froid - defending the indefensible.

DeletedUser46395

I hardly think anyone writing that sort of utter garbage is in any position to accuse others of tarnishing their reputations... that's the biggest load of hogwash I've read in a very long time.

You have singularly failed to explain how and in what way our reputations are tarnished. Nobody has explained how or in what way it's shameful to merge like this, they just keep stating that it is. Why? What is there for all to see? Just stating something does not make it so.

As to RT, I've yet to find anyone that says anything bad about him that isn't a significantly more dishonest person than him to start with. Yeah, I'm loyal to him, because he's the one that brought me into this world to start with, I've fought against him before and seen him up close and personal in action this time, and I know for an absolute fact that he is scrupulously honest, whereas those that say otherwise are somewhat less so.

So exacerbate our problems? We don't really have any, mate. It's you and Noobies with the problems, which explains these constant unspecified accusations.

DeletedUser54360

I hardly think anyone writing that sort of utter garbage is in any position to accuse others of tarnishing their reputations... that's the biggest load of hogwash I've read in a very long time.

You have singularly failed to explain how and in what way our reputations are tarnished. Nobody has explained how or in what way it's shameful to merge like this, they just keep stating that it is. Why? What is there for all to see? Just stating something does not make it so.

As to RT, I've yet to find anyone that says anything bad about him that isn't a significantly more dishonest person than him to start with. Yeah, I'm loyal to him, because he's the one that brought me into this world to start with, I've fought against him before and seen him up close and personal in action this time, and I know for an absolute fact that he is scrupulously honest, whereas those that say otherwise are somewhat less so.

So exacerbate our problems? We don't really have any, mate. It's you and Noobies with the problems, which explains these constant unspecified accusations.

Its the fact that you need explaining that is the most damming.

And if you were unconcerned by the impact of this may I venture to suggest that there might not be so many such prompt rebuttals.

Well I am glad that the criterion for abuse is that you have to be "significantly more dishonest than RT".

Let me luxuriate in that before a moment before proceeding. ......

OK Freudian Slip Break Over..

Personally I have no problems having massively exceeded all expectations for this world.

Noobs I cant speak for them . Just for myself and my several correspondents many of whom are your and extortion members.

I have quoted onebut there are many more damming quotes. But I like you also play the game from time to time.

So I am happy to leave it here if you are..

DeletedUser46395

Its the fact that you need explaining that is the most damming.

Surely it's beavers and Hoovers that are damming? :)

As for the rest, it's clear there's no substance to your accusations, merely sound. And it sounds mostly like wind to me. ;)

DeletedUser54360

Thats better the witty and urbane Bear that we have all grown to love is much more appealing than the

What ? Who Me Gov ? What stolen Car Steroes ? I was in all night with the Missus. I have receipts for everything Bear.

DeletedUser24285

"Name one promise tinad has made and not backed up"

Ah but remember Sinope and the promises of Erik Widgemarsh - when push comes to shove, promises are the first casualties

DeletedUser30111

WHG if you wanted a quote from a normal Ext member you could have just asked, no need to make stuff up.
Y'all are trying to sell this idea that leadership made a selfish decision which left some members behind, as if this wasn't a decision for the members. How many of the last worlds ended with switching out players for crowns? Or it might be easier to count how many haven't.

And as for drawing the fight out of this world. We've been tried to wring a fight out of SMYN for the past couple months and it seems to me they lost the will a long time ago. If there was a truly good fight to be had on this world I'd be up for duking it out, but that's not the situation we're in.

DeletedUser46391

I think you have lost something (that I agree was of little value earlier) but now isdemonstrably worthless.

This exchange (Identity protected) is only one of many I could publish

WitchunterGeneral today at 08:25
I will put this exchange on Exteral Forum but protect your identity.

I think it needs to be said what they are doing to this game..

NOBLE OPPONENT today at 08:21

In all fairness I can't stand Richard, we've had past talkings and find him derogatory and primitive lol

Agreed that they have used the merger as a means to end a world quicker and in my opinion it would be better to fight it out and enjoy the worlds.

I joined Extortion due to only seeing what was about in this world but leading to friends asking me to relocate and join them up north.

Grepolis is dying as a game anyway, it's purely gold motivated and the guys with the biggest bank balance dominate.

Talent isn't enough here anymore. A lot of the old gaurd left recently

WitchunterGeneral today at 08:15

But who of teh top fighters will ever play again for these dishonest formers of a SMA?

SLIMO-MONOLITH ALLIANCE.

Would you ever play for these jokers again .. especially "He who speaketh with a forked tongue Richard Thrust"?

I wonder if these GREPOMUSSOLINI'S realise hwo much they have lost by this move and how damaging it is for GREPOLIS in general?

NOBLE OPPONENT today at 08:10

So well put my friend. It has been a world to reward simmers.

Some of us have been fighting for BP throughout and now are forced to step aside to let "experienced players" take over the wonder islands

This is my last world after 7 years so will see it out. Crowns don't entertain me, I have enough to give them out lol

Well, hopefully their is still fun to be had here

WitchunterGeneral today at 07:48

I am just killing time till September. This world is a farce. Where sanctimonious saliva has been dressed up as nobility.

I have never played Wonders but what a Palaver over the least skillful part of the game.

If I was interested in Wonders I would WONDER how a loyal teammate gets jettisoned at the end of 6 months play just so the uber top echelon of simmers can get another meaningless crown.

Nagidos leads the world rankings of Farces..

At least we both got a glimpse of how different things would have been if PoisonBerry and Alkandros had not been such bitter dissapointments to me..

One thing is for sure W G will be taken note of in the next and final World of the RIMLORDS .

NOBLE OPPONENT today at 07:41

Damn it missed one of your LS nukes lol

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

If you had any sense you would take a long hard look at yourself RT and ask the question . Who comes out of this world smelling of Roses and who smelling of garbage?

My appeal is to the vast majority of open minded GREPO Veterans who read this forum but remain silent. Your appeal is to a few perpetual Yes Men - the rent a like crowd.

A reputation is like glass once broken it cannot be put back together again.

You dont have the TOOLS in your bag to repair the damaged reputation.

Robspierre said ( approximately )" He who takes my goods takes mere chattels .. He who takes my good name takes everything of value that I possess."

Well clearly you are no Robspierre Richard.

Soooooooo intent on THRUSTING yourself to the top of the list of Plaster Saints.

However I see the cracks in your Pedastal and so do many more Veterans that I am in regular contact with.

BEAR I LIKE YOU .. I am sure that you are torn by loyalty that has just about held sway over your clear subliminal misgivings about this .

You will never convince me BEAR that you willingly demeaned yourself like this. For once you had better follow your own advice and remain silent on this subject going forward.

lol

oh dear.

If I cared what people thought about me I'd have never become a diplo.

But very sweet of you to try.

Worlds not won yet by any means but if you think i'm not used to this kind of attack you have another thing coming :)

"Name one promise tinad has made and not backed up"

Ah but remember Sinope and the promises of Erik Widgemarsh - when push comes to shove, promises are the first casualties

Sadly I don't as I wasn't playing on the world hen but nice deflection none the less.

DeletedUser46395

Sinope was one of the most unpleasant worlds I've ever played in. Fundamentally, you were on Erik's side or you were on Hereford Girl's side, and either way, you did as you were told. It's precisely what I was referring to by enslavement. Nobody in this world bears any comparison to Erik, and only MBCZ can be meaningfully compared to HG. ;)
I don't believe there are any real similarities in the worlds beyond the fact that there are two major groupings playing for WWs, and anybody who thinks this is the worst world ever clearly did not play Sinope.

DeletedUser54360

Sinope was one of the most unpleasant worlds I've ever played in. Fundamentally, you were on Erik's side or you were on Hereford Girl's side, and either way, you did as you were told. It's precisely what I was referring to by enslavement. Nobody in this world bears any comparison to Erik, and only MBCZ can be meaningfully compared to HG. ;)
I don't believe there are any real similarities in the worlds beyond the fact that there are two major groupings playing for WWs, and anybody who thinks this is the worst world ever clearly did not play Sinope.

Its true I never played sinope but two wrong worlds do not make a right world.
I have to agree I am against enslavement of members.