Newspaper The Nagidos Nag, Issue The Great Merge Issue

• Thread starter DeletedUser46395
  • Start date

DeletedUser42792

gonna break my own rule about posting --

1. bear-- ur paper was magnificent as always-- entertaining
2. WHG- im back now and i hope u blame this whole world on me- seems fitting as u have decided i am the reincarnation of Machiavelli... i am honored you felt i could do that from vm -- would have been a neat trick so thanks
3. Font & Bear: SINOPE wasnt ever Eriks fault- it was unpleasent but the plan was mine so the blame is mine- Period- erik listened to me and did the best he could with a faulted plan. (btw this is Nagidos....so stay on topic)
4. the rest of you - Grow up and hold tactics on winning this game up to ones that make the rules-- Inno makes the game and the rules-- so try focusing on the real issues and if you want to fight, fight; if you want to win then do what it takes to win-- if you want to moan-- check into the emergency room and leave the rest alone

now for the real reason for this post-- i think you should all thank bear for putting the time and effort to keep us all entertained with his "nags-rags". As usual bear you never fail to raise the bar and make us laugh and think ;)

destroxxi

Phrourach
Its true I never played sinope but two wrong worlds do not make a right world.
I have to agree I am against enslavement of members.

Ironically majority of the old EN and Erikw crew are within noobies or on the server randomly placed lets have a history lesson on the past few worlds won.

Sinope - Two giant coalitions fighting eachother. One got the win the other the crown.

Abdera - 2 EN groups versus QoQ. EN ended up merging with bloods for the win.

Golgi - Muskateers merged with Bloods for the win.

Nagidos - Ext and Tinad merge.

but the nagidos one is wrong and shameless. pft please this is the same old tune that has been part of this game for years.

DeletedUser54360

WHG if you wanted a quote from a normal Ext member you could have just asked, no need to make stuff up.
Y'all are trying to sell this idea that leadership made a selfish decision which left some members behind, as if this wasn't a decision for the members. How many of the last worlds ended with switching out players for crowns? Or it might be easier to count how many haven't.

And as for drawing the fight out of this world. We've been tried to wring a fight out of SMYN for the past couple months and it seems to me they lost the will a long time ago. If there was a truly good fight to be had on this world I'd be up for duking it out, but that's not the situation we're in.

no need to make stuff up.
Y'all are trying to sell this idea that leadership made a selfish decision which left some members behind,

Hold on a minute .. Nothing has been made up merely accurately reported.. That you are not one of the discontented dispossed is no doubt heartening for you.

as if this wasn't a decision for the members

Who exactly voted to give up their seat on Wonders Islands for non combatant leaders and other sundry elite ? ?

James rank 32 fighting rank 232 does not understand the logic of why it is not fair.. See his profile ...

How can it be fair to treat your loyal fighting members like this??

DeletedUser46391

Y'all are trying to sell this idea that leadership made a selfish decision which left some members behind,

Hold on a minute .. Nothing has been made up merely accurately reported.. That you are not one of the discontented dispossed is no doubt heartening for you.

Who exactly voted to give up their seat on Wonders Islands for non combatant leaders and other sundry elite ? ?

James rank 32 fighting rank 232 does not understand the logic of why it is not fair.. See his profile ...

How are your spoiler plans going with TLO and TL etc bud?

destroxxi

Phrourach

Lol He is calling the calling out the EN members, he also is a council member, and that whole profile came from the talk we had last night. Stop trying to drive a wedge that is not there. lmao. Use your own words and stop pointing the finger at everyone else you want to look at reasoning then think about every move you have made on this world until this point.

DeletedUser46395

Mate, if you want to post your rubbish please use the Trash Talk thread where it would be on topic.
My paper might be mostly made-up nonsense, but it comes closer to accurate reporting than anything you have said.

I asked you to explain why we should be ashamed by what we've done, and you have been completely incapable of doing so. For the very good reason that there IS no reason.

Now you're trying to make up discord where none exists - of course there may be a tiny handful of people unhappy with the change, there always are, but the vast majority are right with it for the very reason you are so against it - it gives us the best chance of winning.

Stopping banging on senselessly about our honour, and start thinking about your own. Have the decency to admit you don't like it for the real reason you don't like it - it increases our chances. Be honourable enough to admit that there's nothing wrong with that. And for goodness' sake stop banging on about a different game - we've explained enough that this isn't a war game, and that war stats are irrelevant to winning it. Most people get that, even with vastly lower IQs than yours. If you're playing to win, like it or not it's all about building WWs, nothing whatsoever to do with fighting and BP. If you're playing the game as a wargame, that's absolutely fine, but it means you cannot then try to impose your own twisted view of morality on those playing the game as it is, that just leaves you looking like a rather pathetic loser, which I had always hoped you were not. And a hint - this is YOUR "out". You're the one that needs one. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51435

Bear I seem to recall a similar upset from your team regarding the proposed Noobies/CS merger but hey that is going to happen whenever a move happens that effects you directly.

My only complaint here is that this was EXT's to lose. They really didn't need you and in the end you both burned 50% of your team. All that was accomplished here was to potentially allow for a sweep in record time.

For me it is a difference in philosophy. I fully understand merges that improve ones position. In this case it improved Tinads chances for certain members, so no complaint here. On EXT's side not so much.

The only answer is to make adjustments which we will have in place by the time the WW era starts and then further adjustments when we see your overall plan.

Lets have fun

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

It appears Extortion were not under the same misapprehension as you and Witchy, then; surprising how wrong even decent players can be.

DeletedUser51435

Look it is not a big deal to me, it's just an opinion. The pickup for EXT/tinad merge is 900 cities and the average points for players went way up on paper. The reality is when you assess an alliances real strength isyou look at the top half (quickest model and easiest to work with) and EXT had a large city count compared to others and an average point total similar to what is now. In Tinads case you were way behind so the merge made sense for you guys. BTW I take out the sub alliances because of the changes made regarding resource/favor transfers. I have been playing with a few ideas but not sure if it will work based on past experience. We shall see

If EXT didn't see they were so far in front maybe there is some information I'm not aware of ... but my real feeling is that they are seeking a sweep.

Based on my numbers the merge alliance is huge but I'm still looking forward to these wonders. It's not the first or last time I have had a merge happen just before wonders or that I have gone up against a monster.

We shall see what happens in the end
smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

DeletedUser54360

Bear

You remind me of that Micheal Winner Insurance advert " Calm Down Dear!"

Your tools in trade are to sell a palatable version of reality that suits your and your Allainces Agenda. Nothing wrong with that so long as it remains funny witty and calm.

Funny witty and calm play to the gallery and barnstorm as much as you like.

But you are losing it now and losing the argument the more you go " WHo ? Not me Gov? It was like that when I got here".

Reputation and Honor are not the same thing . I have pointed out that is is your reputation that is tarnished and it is .. I understand why you did it .. members desire to win at any cost ..

James was simply whinging about" why is he the bad guy" . I was not naming him as one of the complainants.
Indeed he is one of the non combatants to gain from this arrangement as indeed are you and the Thrustmeister.

WE both know why MOVE left and many many more are following that path.

I dont know how stating the absolute truth that there are many of us who dont want to win enough to do it this way is deriding your honor . We are not telling you not to do it merely sharing our opinion with you how we view it.

Wedges ? what wedges you give me too much credit. I did not make up the discontent in your ranks amongst the dispossed - That you refer to them dismissively as a "tiny handful" speaks volumes about how out of touch with your rank and file you have become.

For wit humour and effervescent syntax You are unparalled at that. But I am more experienced at listening to the underground pulses and if you do not heed my warnings you will indeed lose a great deal more than you think you have gained in this world.

I wonder that you dont realise I have already achieved all and more that I set out to achieve in Nagidos - you attribute my motives erroneously as a desperate desire to win and a hissy fit .

All your opponents seem to have hissy fits.. well I read it in the Nagidos Nag it must be ....

Maybe lets not go there..

I genuinely am just alerting you to the bitter resentment your self serving antics have caused amongst a great many of your rank and file.

Extortion by woefully underestimating the stranglehold they had on this world. Yours by doing exactly the opposite of your earlier stated position.

It is not cheating it is not dishonourable but what you have failed to grasp is IT IS NOT WISE..

I go forward to future worlds still the same old MARMITE RIMLORD wheras you RT and the extortion Illuminatii
what will be your legacy from NAGIDOS ?

I have fallen from my pedestal many times. But at least I knew when I have fallen from Grace.

DeletedUser54360

How are your spoiler plans going with TLO and TL etc bud?

Enlighten me. What plans ? TLO are separate and independent and continue to do their own thing and TLA are now a branch within NOTR with the freedom to play and consolidate their home Ocean position.

What are spolier plans? Again I think you give me entirely too much credit.

destroxxi

Phrourach
Look it is not a big deal to me, it's just an opinion. The pickup for EXT/tinad merge is 900 cities and the average points for players went way up on paper. The reality is when you assess an alliances real strength isyou look at the top half (quickest model and easiest to work with) and EXT had a large city count compared to others and an average point total similar to what is now. In Tinads case you were way behind so the merge made sense for you guys. BTW I take out the sub alliances because of the changes made regarding resource/favor transfers. I have been playing with a few ideas but not sure if it will work based on past experience. We shall see

If EXT didn't see they were so far in front maybe there is some information I'm not aware of ... but my real feeling is that they are seeking a sweep.

Based on my numbers the merge alliance is huge but I'm still looking forward to these wonders. It's not the first or last time I have had a merge happen just before wonders or that I have gone up against a monster.

We shall see what happens in the end
smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

We took into account every factor you listed here and are not going to burn half our members, the finer details of the conditions are not yours to know. Now were we ahead yes, Would we of been able to guarantee 7/7 that we have been promising our members since the start, with the amount of "single" alliances building based on mails and information from little birdies more then likely no, could we of gotten 4/7, yes, but our goal this whole server has been a crown not just the win. Then to add salt on the wound kind of funny that neither parties involved in our merge has changed our tune since the start of the world while other parties in the world that deem others "unworthy" or "shameless" while they play their own back door deals throughout the whole server. We (EXT and Tinad) both have been straight with every alliance we have had the pleasure of talking to this server. We told you straight forward what we were and were not going to do, The only other group in this server I can honestly say that has done the same has been The Resurrected to my knowledge, no other alliance here has not gone back on their word at some point this server.

This amounts down to basically religious disputes as they are almost equivalent one party disagrees with what another party believes is right and vice versa. People are entitled to their own opinions with that being said you can call it a horses *** for all I care unless you are brand new to the game, this same play, most of the players on this server at least the veterans I know, have in one form or shape done a merge to win a server. So again Pot meet Kettle.

DeletedUser51435

We took into account every factor you listed here and are not going to burn half our members, the finer details of the conditions are not yours to know. Now were we ahead yes, Would we of been able to guarantee 7/7 that we have been promising our members since the start, with the amount of "single" alliances building based on mails and information from little birdies more then likely no, could we of gotten 4/7, yes, but our goal this whole server has been a crown not just the win. Then to add salt on the wound kind of funny that neither parties involved in our merge has changed our tune since the start of the world while other parties in the world that deem others "unworthy" or "shameless" while they play their own back door deals throughout the whole server. We (EXT and Tinad) both have been straight with every alliance we have had the pleasure of talking to this server. We told you straight forward what we were and were not going to do, The only other group in this server I can honestly say that has done the same has been The Resurrected to my knowledge, no other alliance here has not gone back on their word at some point this server.

This amounts down to basically religious disputes as they are almost equivalent one party disagrees with what another party believes is right and vice versa. People are entitled to their own opinions with that being said you can call it a horses *** for all I care unless you are brand new to the game, this same play, most of the players on this server at least the veterans I know, have in one form or shape done a merge to win a server. So again Pot meet Kettle.

Did you actually read my post or did you get stuck on 50% of the team being left behind.

I insulted no one especially individually so I see no need for your last paragraph. Post like your last paragraph is why most people stay away from these forums.

The first paragraph is fine and I thank you for the insight.

DeletedUser46395

Bear

You remind me of that Micheal Winner Insurance advert " Calm Down Dear!"

Your tools in trade are to sell a palatable version of reality that suits your and your Allainces Agenda. Nothing wrong with that so long as it remains funny witty and calm.

Funny witty and calm play to the gallery and barnstorm as much as you like.

But you are losing it now and losing the argument the more you go " WHo ? Not me Gov? It was like that when I got here".

Reputation and Honor are not the same thing . I have pointed out that is is your reputation that is tarnished and it is .. I understand why you did it .. members desire to win at any cost ..

James was simply whinging about" why is he the bad guy" . I was not naming him as one of the complainants.
Indeed he is one of the non combatants to gain from this arrangement as indeed are you and the Thrustmeister.

WE both know why MOVE left and many many more are following that path.

I dont know how stating the absolute truth that there are many of us who dont want to win enough to do it this way is deriding your honor . We are not telling you not to do it merely sharing our opinion with you how we view it.

Wedges ? what wedges you give me too much credit. I did not make up the discontent in your ranks amongst the dispossed - That you refer to them dismissively as a "tiny handful" speaks volumes about how out of touch with your rank and file you have become.

For wit humour and effervescent syntax You are unparalled at that. But I am more experienced at listening to the underground pulses and if you do not heed my warnings you will indeed lose a great deal more than you think you have gained in this world.

I wonder that you dont realise I have already achieved all and more that I set out to achieve in Nagidos - you attribute my motives erroneously as a desperate desire to win and a hissy fit .

All your opponents seem to have hissy fits.. well I read it in the Nagidos Nag it must be ....

Maybe lets not go there..

I genuinely am just alerting you to the bitter resentment your self serving antics have caused amongst a great many of your rank and file.

Extortion by woefully underestimating the stranglehold they had on this world. Yours by doing exactly the opposite of your earlier stated position.

It is not cheating it is not dishonourable but what you have failed to grasp is IT IS NOT WISE..

I go forward to future worlds still the same old MARMITE RIMLORD wheras you RT and the extortion Illuminatii
what will be your legacy from NAGIDOS ?

I have fallen from my pedestal many times. But at least I knew when I have fallen from Grace.

There's an awful lot in there, but the legacy question is perhaps the most interesting. I hadn't really thought about myself in such grandiose terms until you raised it, but thinking about it, I hope that our legacy will be to show you can be entirely straight and honest and still win this game. That would not only be nice for us, it would be an enormously positive thing for the game. I've always considered the truth to be the strongest weapon in this game because so many players are confused by it. You are no exception. You say we both know why Move left; well I do, but if you think it somehow supports your arguments and undermines mine, clearly you don't. If you think you have your finger on the underground pulse more than me I think we start to see signs of delusion. You have accused me/us of behaving shamefully throughout this thread, now when challenged to put up or shut up you have withdrawn the silly accusation and said it's not wise, with all sorts of dark mutterings. It's not my reputation that suffers with that nonsense. It's not me losing anything other than some of the respect I had for you. And for that matter, I've not accused you or Tig of hissy fits, just Skiboot, because he's the only one who has had one. Again, inventing things I didn't say and then criticising me for it only harms the reputation of one of us, and it's not me. ;)
You say you've achieved all you wanted here - congratulations. But why are you so hell-bent on damaging your own reputation now with clumsy attempts to damage mine?

Destroxxi has explained the Extortion thinking behind the merge; It's the same as ours, except we were more than confident we could build the 4 faster than them. Neither side not any of their players gives anything up with this merge, despite your mad rantings to the contrary; there are no dispossessed, and the discontent is entirely in your mind. The only one of us who's out of touch with anything is you, and reality is what you're out of touch with. ;)

DeletedUser51786

I may have my differences with some of Extortion Leaders, but I wish them good luck in winning this world and securing this victory, as for Tig you are nothing but a puppet to "Kissmeplease", you talk about the Ex and Tin regarding WW, both there leaderships would do a remarkable job in securing a victory as for (you and Noobies) let me say this I have nothing against my EN Brothers and Sisters, but being in an alliance with the most deceitful person as a leader Kissmeplease you all are bound to fail.

This is my last post here as I am not in this world, so I want to congratulate my friends over in Extortion and TINAD for doing what is best for players.

Shaz

DeletedUser54192

We told you straight forward what we were and were not going to do, The only other group in this server I can honestly say that has done the same has been The Resurrected to my knowledge, no other alliance here has not gone back on their word at some point this server.

Not going to start an argument on this, but you probably ought to change it to "no other top alliance here". You're insulting all the small yet honest alliances that were flattened by the bigger teams. A fair few of those teams had more honesty than basically any top alliance on this server.
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif

DeletedUser54360

Bear I have suggested you have been unwise .

"You have accused me/us of behaving shamefully throughout this thread,"

I read back all the way through this thread looking for this exploding bomb and I could not find it.

I wonder is it your own actual subliminal misgivings here that are causing this unusual sensitivity in you. ?

The urbane calm and collected Bear is the animal i enjoy who I enjoy locking literary horns with but the anxious and overly defensive Bear is an animal I dont recognise .

I have bent over backwards not to hammer in to you or to drill away in any attempt to extort a confession of wrong doing.

On the contrary I had already absolved you.

Occupying [for once] - possibly even by accident - the perceived moral high ground and merely relaying reported dissatisfaction.

Reporting what exists and what has been brought unsolicited to ones attention is not delusion surely?

I can indeed be a mischevious and irreverent scamp at times - but have done no wrong here. I am sorry you see it otherwise.