Newspaper The Nagidos Nag, Issue The War and its Issues Issue

• Thread starter DeletedUser46395
  • Start date

DeletedUser46395

The Nagidos Nag, Issue The War And Its Issues Issue

Bringing you the Truth through Lies since today
Never Knowingly Accurate.

Proud to be standing up to truth and honesty. (I give up. - Ed)

The Originator of Alternative Facts and Fake News - and lies.

So the main news this week is the outbreak of war between Extortion and Show Me Your Noobies. We'll look at this in some detail in terms of causes, and consider how it impacts on various alliances. Could this end up as a server-wide World War? We'll as ever fearlessly ask the questions nobody wants to know the answers to.
We'll also ask what it means for smaller alliances if we can be bothered, which is unlikely. Nobody cares.

Causes of the War

Both TINAD, through the staggeringly good-looking Richard Thrust (Tenner you owe me, RT - Ed) and this Mighty Organ have postulated that there might have been pre-server agreements between the leaderships of Extortion and Show Me Your Noobies. It's well documented that a certain Extortion leader who May Bee Cra Zee attempted all sorts of dirty tricks and underhand accusations to stop this line of investigation, which all tended to rather support the hypothesis. That said, other reliable sources deny that there was an agreement in place. It is the view of this particular branch of the Fourth Estate that if there was not a formal agreement in place, there was certainly an understanding between at least some members of each alliance's leadership teams that the alliances would work together to help Extortion to the crown. What is certainly the case, though, is that whatever secret agreements had taken place in smoke-filled rooms, nobody had told the membership... which was generally unhappy with the terms of the merge, which led to the merge being called off. But as accurately stated in the pages of this august organ, that was certainly not the end of it, and Spongebath did his absolute utmost to ensure that whatever people had voted for, Noobies continued to be Pat's Puppets, with plans to infiltrate Ocean 45 to prevent the Tools from having a chance at WWs. Unfortunately, what Spongey had failed to take into account was that he was not only deeply unpopular amongst diplos throughout Nagidos, some calling him "stupid" and "arrogant" (Er, wasn't that you? - Ed), he was hardly flavour of the month in his own alliance, and his plans even less so. Things came to a head when Extortion decided to annex Poland, sorry, Anschluss with Loki - that appeared to be a direct threat to SMYN, so Spongey had to go, and war was on. Probably just as well for Spongey that there's a shortage of piano wire and lampposts in Nagidos. ;)

What does it mean to each alliance (and their sisters)?

Extortion were keen for a bigger war to generate BP both to backfill areas around their WW islands, and to make sure farms were maximised, and also to increase the number of cities held. The one thing they really do not want, though, is war on two fronts that might lead to a significant loss of cities due to being too thinly spread. Documents seen by this organ show ops planned against This is not a Drill, and that would probably have been the preferable war for Extortion - making the Tools' WW attempt much harder. A war against Noobies fails on that front, but could achieve the main war aims. They will clearly want Written in Blood and their sisters to attack Noobies from the south to open up a two front war, vastly increasing their chances of major success, but they must be acutely aware of the danger of TINAD/TINAH deciding to hit north. The Nag verdict: Extortion have substantially weakened their position by allowing the possibility of a two front war, and by the misjudgement with regard to Loki. Question is will that two front war happen? And if not, why not?

Show Me Your Noobies weren't planning on doing WWs, and now feel they have control of their own destiny. However, they also have war on two fronts now, and they've lost a few players to Phil's new crew. How will they stand up? They're likely to lose cities well outside their core, but how will morale fare? And are they now planning their own WW effort? The Nag verdict: Depends really on if they can stop fighting Bloods on one hand, and get the Tools involved on the other.

This is not a Drill
were in the firing line for Extortion with an op planned. Extortion had more cities than them, and appeared to have SMYN there to back them up. Thanks to poor decision making by Extortion leaders, the Tools appear to have another chance. What will they do? The safe option, and carry on with WW planing as before, or do what Extortion were wanting to do, go for BP and extra cities to enhance their chances? The Nag verdict: Either way, TINAD/H's chances have improved as a result of this war.

Written in Blood were not doing particularly well against SMYN, but now they face an enemy also being attacked on two fronts. Extortion will certainly be wanting to coordinate with them, but maybe Noobies will be looking for a ceasefire. And what will they do with Hammer? Options seem to be opening up for them. The Nag verdict: Suddenly a powerbroker in Nagidos, will be interesting to see which way they jump.

Smaller alliances: Those who had hitched their stars to either Extortion or SMYN must be a little nervous now, as they have potentially put themselves in the firing line, and also their raison d'etre from the point of view of the larger alliance is rather questionable. They're not likely to get any defensive support, and they might well find themselves the prey of their local rivals. The Nag verdict: Wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Could a World War break out?

Well it could, yes. This is already a major war, but it's not impossible that TINAD/H and Bloods get drawn into it on one side or the other - probably the other - and that would leave all the core oceans at war, which would be an impressive sight. Will it happen? Depends on what the Tools decide on one hand, and what Bloods go for on the other. Given how badly Extortion have miscalculated recently, it looks quite possible that they will be on the receiving end of a group kicking. There are doubtless some who think that would be richly deserved for all that simming and cuddling, but of course the Nag takes a far more principled position than that. (You mean we back whoever feeds us the most beer - Ed).

I'm sure some form of world war is what most people would like to see, but each alliance will make its own strategic decision.

DeletedUser48256

Can the newspaper comment on all the rumours flying around that TINAD/H is supporting WiB?

And Loki approached Extortion, not the other way round. Won't go into the reasoning behind it since don't think anybody really cares.

Either way, this world just got a whole lot more interesting. Won't be surprised if TINAD/H and/or WiB decide to stay out the war all together and just go for Wonders, maybe they'll either work together? We shall see.

DeletedUser54610

I've lost count how many cities noobies lost to extortion already..

DeletedUser54360

Losing Cities matters very little in the early days of a PEARL HARBOUR ASSAULT.. Sticking around long enough does.. Sooner or later the counter attack opportunity will come..

DeletedUser

I've lost count how many cities noobies lost to extortion already..

Mr Chuckey, we are mainly taking cities in our core, so we should be doing well. The war has only just started it has a long way to go. SMYN will come back at us soon

Lets just enjoy it while it lasts.

Edit, love your Nags bear, not knowing anything about the politics over here in Extortion, I love to see a perspective on it. Not sure if your views are right or wrong but they are an eye opener.
Also helps keep the forums going!

DeletedUser54239

at last there will be fun for those who spend more time in external forums...
smiley_emoticons_kleeblatt2.gif

long waiting war between the legendary noobies and so called simmers of the world
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif

NOOBIES vs SIMMERS

smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

thats all game, have fun friends and enjoy whatever game is meant for....
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

DeletedUser54699

Bear lots of wrong info in here seems to me you reliable sources are... becoming unreliable? Oh well everyone needs a hobby but like shraw said this will make the game fun and if it supposedly opens up everything then so be it at least all this simmer milarky flies out of our window.

Straight into yours it seems ;)

DeletedUser46395

Bear lots of wrong info in here seems to me you reliable sources are... becoming unreliable?

Well you would say that, wouldn't you? ;)

Have you read what passes for a masthead in my mighty organ?

DeletedUser48256

Editor ignored my question, how rude. I was first in line as well
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif

DeletedUser46391

Mansplain the facts away.

Surprised P hasn't told you two off for commenting on here :p

DeletedUser46395

Fake News

Great heavens, have you never read the masthead?

"Bringing you the Truth through Lies since today

The Originator of Alternative Facts and Fake News - and lies."

Every single issue has much the same words on. And you find it necessary to say that? Wow. ;)

Hopefully I will get round to another issue soon.

DeletedUser54451

Great heavens, have you never read the masthead?

"Bringing you the Truth through Lies since today

The Originator of Alternative Facts and Fake News - and lies."

Every single issue has much the same words on. And you find it necessary to say that? Wow. ;)

Hopefully I will get round to another issue soon.
Ayyye Bear is alive. Was wondering where you were.

It's a Donald Trump reference. I don't think I actually meant it.