Newspaper The Nagidos Nag, Super Extra Special Review Of The Server Edition Issue

• Thread starter DeletedUser46395
  • Start date

DeletedUser46395

The Nagidos Nag, Issue Super Extra Special Review Of The Server Edition Issue
****Special Review issue****
***Special special Edition***
**Special Brew journalism**

Bringing you the Truth through Lies since the day before the Big Bang

Never Knowingly Accurate.

Proud to be standing up to truth and honesty. (I surrender - Ed)

The Originator of Alternative Facts and False and Fake News
So the world is won and people begin to leave the server in droves - time to look back at some of the best - and worst - bits of the serve and some of the characters that have made it so much fun. Or not. Expect in-depth interviews, or whatever else the drunken minds of the editorial team can come up with over a liquid lunch.

IN the beginning, right at the beginning, several groupings were apparent that were to go on to play a major part in the server - here's the very first Top 12 listing:

1.No Drama
2.Backdoor Bandits
3.HYDRA
4.No More Drama
5.Show Me Your Noobies
6.Undecided
7.Gold diggers
8.Anonymous
9.Symmetry
10.Heroes Of Olympus
11.PIED
12.Malabar Warriors

No Drama were yet to become Enough is Enough, and Backdoor Bandits were the future Caustic Juice. Hydra and PIED were doing their utmost to mass recruit, not really caring what location they were in. Hydra's leader, Dogarmy, made the mistake of thinking that their high ranking position was deserved, that the rest of his alliance were as good fighters as him (he's good), and that he didn't need a diplo - all fairly serious errors of judgement that were to go on and bite his bum. Ironic that dog got bit...
Particularly conspicuous by their absence were the alliance later known as This Is Not A Drill; TINAD chose not to join immediately in the hope of obtaining a favourable location.
There was much suspicion of pre-server deals, and lots of attempts to work out who was going to help who; some very accurate, a lot rather less so. Phil accused Caustic Soda of being the fourth wing of No Drama - "[qwuerfh[ugwrw4thwingofnodramawerfeqrgqreg", he said.
Lots of people seemed to think it was a re-run of Golgi, and perhaps it was at first. "It's got nothing to do with Golgi" said MBCZ. "Oh yes it has" said RT. "Oh no it hasn't..." - the pantomime of Nagidos was properly under way.
Undecided became Devils Advocates, who collapsed because of a lack of life experience among leadership, as predicted by someone extraordinarily wise and good looking: "They're going to collapse because of a lack of life experience among leadership" said Bear.
Shaz made an appearance. Much to the amusement of most. Especially me. "You're a nobody", he said. Yeah, well I'm the nobody that has written several thousand editions of the Nag AND won the server, Shaz. Whatever happened to you? ;)
Check Mate appeared. Got roundly thrashed, and pretty much disappeared.
Written in Blood appeared, as did Simple - later TINAD.
Charlie39clues predicted a major war between Caustic Soda and SMYN. Bear predicted he was overstating the truth by about 39.
Northlanders got into the top 10. Unfortunately for them, that's precisely when TINAD started mini-opping them to death.
Rejects appeared.

So at this point we had 5 major alliances/groupings: Caustic in 44, TINAD in 45, SMYN in 54, WiB in 55, and EiE in 54/55. Everyone else in core oceans was food for these guys, ditto anyone too close to them on the rimside. WiB and EiE were working together, but being in the same ocean as SMYN always meant war was likely. Aside from that, there was no appetite to fight each other among the other groupings - charlieclueless was right in that there were great rewards for a potential victor, but the odds on any alliance being allowed to get outright victory against another were pretty slim - no other alliance would let that happen.

TINAD moved to top of the ABP table with their war on Nothlanders. Northlanders moved to the top of the DBP table, with Hydra not far behind.

Witchunter General and the Rim Lords appeared. This saved the server, as there was now a figure of fun for all, no matter what their alliance.

KT decided to swap sides. Still not sure what that was about.

Lots of not very much happened.

Death By Chocolate was riven by internal problems of a very personal kind. So personal, they were PMd to the entire server...

Lots more of not very much happened.

Caustic (or were they Extortion by this time?) tried to merge with SMYN. And the thing failed. Cue extreme mirth from the rest of the server.
Leadership of SMYN left. Twice.

Langoliers did all sorts of stuff, but nobody knows what or to whom or with what. Same with several other rim alliances. Rimlords made loads of noise, fell apart and ended up joining SMYN. Ironic. Oh, and talking of irony, Noobs, who had denied being SMYN's academy, officially became SMYN's academy.

Lots more not very much happened.

Extortion and TINAD merged. Much of SMYN stormed off in a huff. I'm talking about you, Skiboot, and many like you. ;)

TINAE won the world.

A couple of thoughts: First, I wish this was a wargame. As it stands, it's not a sound strategy to take on major wars if you want to win.
Second, at least we have seen that it's possible to win without backstabbing and dishonesty. Those alliances where such things were rife did not do well at all.
Third, I was surprised at the relatively poor quality of diplomacy in this server. Those that were good at it thrived; those who were poor at it gave away potentially winning positions.
Finally, the quality of leadership remains a telling factor. In a game like this, that goes on for months, it's not good enough to have 1 or 2 decent leaders; you have to have a group that can take responsibility at any time, and people that do not let their emotions get the better of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

Oh, and talking of irony, Noobs, who had denied being SMYN's academy, officially became SMYN's academy.
Just to set the record straight here. Yes, we did end up becoming the SMYN academy for a while, before merging into SMYN and NOTR. However when we officially became their academy, that was the first time that we had any actual relationship with them. When we denied being SMYN's academy, we were telling the truth at that time. We didn't fight them that much, but we definitely weren't NAP'd, let alone an academy. (Quite a while back, we actually had a couple of players get cities on I think it was the frontline between SMYN and Bloods, and they got some good DBP from both sides there).

DeletedUser46395

Just to set the record straight here. Yes, we did end up becoming the SMYN academy for a while, before merging into SMYN and NOTR. However when we officially became their academy, that was the first time that we had any actual relationship with them. When we denied being SMYN's academy, we were telling the truth at that time. We didn't fight them that much, but we definitely weren't NAP'd, let alone an academy. (Quite a while back, we actually had a couple of players get cities on I think it was the frontline between SMYN and Bloods, and they got some good DBP from both sides there).

And you'll note I didn't actually say anything different. ;)

DeletedUser54192

And you'll note I didn't actually say anything different. ;)
I know you didn't specifically say it, or my reaction would have been a little different. But the wording you used could be interpreted as how it actually happened, or as if we were lying about not being SMYN's academy. And that's why I posted what I did - to make sure there was no ambiguity on that topic.

DeletedUser46395

I know you didn't specifically say it, or my reaction would have been a little different. But the wording you used could be interpreted as how it actually happened, or as if we were lying about not being SMYN's academy. And that's why I posted what I did - to make sure there was no ambiguity on that topic.

Well yes, I had to play it for laughs. ;) But the intention was to report is straight despite that. :)

DeletedUser54192

Well yes, I had to play it for laughs. ;) But the intention was to report is straight despite that. :)
Yes, I understand. I just wanted to set the record straight for any conspiracy theorists among your readers. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54339

Yes, I understand. I just wanted to set the record straight for any conspiracy theorists among your readers. :)

That's all of them, then :D

Many thanks to Bear for providing a thoroughly entertaining series of newspapers. Part Private Eye, part Pravda but always amusing :)

DeletedUser54239

what is problem to supporters of SMYN????
wanted war?
we kicked your butts... you got your mounth shut up////
where were your fighters got disapperewd when your coalliation war on extortion planned and you got surprised crush heads of your teammates by us...
ya, we crushed the SMYN, specially i had enjoyed killing the noobies and got on top of abp.... where noone of your teammates ever dreamed of...
you noobies got long tongues to abuse us, when war came against us, you all ran away... who is your warrior...respected one...no one...all cowards...just bla bla bls
am here ,was from day one, as you all noobies, so what and where you all are....fools and preety loosers...
dont blame anyone, blame yourselves as we all were superior to you all ....noobies, lords, etc etyc etc

in futuree also if you noobies need more kicking pls inform,
smiley_emoticons_kleeblatt2.gif

DeletedUser54360

Second, at least we have seen that it's possible to win without backstabbing and dishonesty.

Delusional. It is like the type of people who believe that somehow strangely it is only other people's farts that are smelly.

When you stick to funny I am totally with you. When you spout self serving twaddle like this ... The most distressing thing would be if you actually believed that statement to be true.

DeletedUser46395

Second, at least we have seen that it's possible to win without backstabbing and dishonesty.

Delusional. It is like the type of people who believe that somehow strangely it is only other people's farts that are smelly.

When you stick to funny I am totally with you. When you spout self serving twaddle like this ... The most distressing thing would be if you actually believed that statement to be true.

Yeah, well given your record of backstabbing and dishonesty on this server is second to absolutely none, I don't think anybody will be fooled by yet one more lie from you. The server is littered with players you have betrayed or stabbed in the back, without mentioning the even larger number you've simply let down through dismal decision making and incompetent leadership.
So yeah, have a go at me for telling the truth, we all know how much you detest that particular concept.

DeletedUser54360

Yeah, well given your record of backstabbing and dishonesty on this server is second to absolutely none, I don't think anybody will be fooled by yet one more lie from you. The server is littered with players you have betrayed or stabbed in the back, without mentioning the even larger number you've simply let down through dismal decision making and incompetent leadership.
So yeah, have a go at me for telling the truth, we all know how much you detest that particular concept.

Time for a reality check.

Bear you really need to give your highly tuned distort-lie-o-meter a rest.
Big challenges await you.

Namely how you will ever gloss over the fact that despite talking so much you [in game] actually do so little?

You know Schoolmasters " Men amongst Boys . Boys amongst Men!" All that sort of stuff.

I have always tolerated you in the perhaps errant belief that your game personna is for laughs only. However at times you strive very hard to represent that at core you are just a bitter little witch with a twisted tongue.

Lets face reality.

In a poll of non prejudiced players 1.e. those who have not played either with me or you in Nagidos in any form.

86 % of a sample of 100 top 500 rank players contacted. In answer to the question.

" Who do you trust to tell the truth undistorted by personal interest ? " Bear or WG?

86% Answered WG without any doubt.

You make no secret of the fact that you lie openly and are even proud of it dressing it up as entertainment - which to be be fair it totally is.

I make no secret of the fact that I prefer to lose in my way than to win in yours.

September approaches. I am fascinated to see who will willingly attach themselves to your standard in future worlds..

So few people read this now I imagine you should be economical with the time you devote to your elegantly crafted rebuttal.

W G .

PS Gold trading till September ish. When I expect some of the 86% will see if they can give me a hand to get a better result than Nagidos.

DeletedUser46395

You're the Donald Trump of Grepolis - you make up any old lies and then try to pretend it's your opponent that's not telling the truth. And as for "I have always tolerated you in the perhaps errant belief that your game personna is for laughs only. However at times you strive very hard to represent that at core you are just a bitter little witch with a twisted tongue", that's more than a touch ironic - some might call it "hysterical", but I'm not given to hyperbole - it's pretty much exactly what the entire server thinks of you. ;)

You're more than welcome to play the game however you choose, to be as backstabbing and treacherous as you like, as that seems to suit you, but when you get so unpleasant about people playing the game as it is and with honesty and integrity (look them up, you might learn something), it's no surprise that you're as popular as piles. :)

DeletedUser54360

What is unpleasant about accurate depictions ?

The arch backstabber certainly as far as Bloods are concerned is in no position to deliver me lectures.

As for Donald Trump - the depiction is unflattering - however he at least won something by himself and has some basis - however tenuous and precarious - for offering his judgements.

IN real life I have met Gorbachov Yeltsin and Putin. One is a chilling pyschopath One a likeable rogue and One a really really decent honest man.

Reverse Order Listing.

Gobachov a wholly decent honest man can be reviled while a Putin can be for a while be lauded.

Any miscategorisation of myself by the High Priest of Twisting can be coped with.

In comparison to that misjustice your propaganda workings viz a viz myself pale into their proper vague and wilfully inaccurate perspective.

DeletedUser46395

You wouldn't know accurate if it hit you in the face; you are clearly so inherently dishonest, as testified to by your erstwhile friends, that you no longer have any idea what it means.

As for Gorbachev, Yeltsin and Putin, I trust you kept their toilets nice and clean. ;)

As for me, this is what was said the other day by someone we're fighting against in another thread: "Bear I've known you in my various caricatures since the beginning and you are the most straightforward and honest I have ever met here" - that's from someone you say I have stabbed in the back. I have plenty, and I do mean plenty, of quotes from people who allege the same about you, and these ones aren't made up.

We achieved what we set out to do in this world, and whatever you might think, I've made new friends; can you say the same?

DeletedUser54360

You wouldn't know accurate if it hit you in the face; you are clearly so inherently dishonest, as testified to by your erstwhile friends, that you no longer have any idea what it means.

As for Gorbachev, Yeltsin and Putin, I trust you kept their toilets nice and clean. ;)

As for me, this is what was said the other day by someone we're fighting against in another thread: "Bear I've known you in my various caricatures since the beginning and you are the most straightforward and honest I have ever met here" - that's from someone you say I have stabbed in the back. I have plenty, and I do mean plenty, of quotes from people who allege the same about you, and these ones aren't made up.

We achieved what we set out to do in this world, and whatever you might think, I've made new friends; can you say the same?

How come I am the only one who can get under your skin? Have you ever stopped to consider that?
Your increasing scale of insults to anyone who disagrees with your version of events becomes risible once the balloon of pomposity has been punctured more than once.

Your have a nice turn of phrase - and are entertaining when you keep it light. However the clear underlying meaness of spirit you display every time you meet your match? Shabby and self-demeaning to mature personalities if you could but comprehend it.

It is only to be hoped that you have not yet seen 40 summers because [after all] there are those who believe that God forgives anything till the age of 40.

If you are still generating viscious and sadistic material under the sanitising cover of comedy post 40 GOD help us all.

Nagidos is won. Bank it and belatedly find some humility.

I have moved onto the stage where I am truly beginning to pity you.

dianices

Phrourach
Hi Bear!!!! just about to get into this issue, looking forward to a good read! thanks!

hope you'll run one for selymbria. don't know if rock or mad or even fate would work in a collab on it, that could be awesome.

Last edited: