The New Era for Molon Labe & Virtus Phoenix

DeletedUser

The New Era for Event Horizon

Over a year ago, Molon Labe {ML} & Virtus Phoenix {VP} was created. During that time, both alliances have earned the reputation of being one of the top 12 alliances. For some people, they would say these two alliances were in the top 5 alliances.

A little bit about VP

VP was underestimated by Xmortis {X} and soon had a NAP/Ally installed early on due to the first founder, who was Ryansquid. Months drift by, and VP continued to grow and become more prosperous while X continued to step where they pleased. Finally, VP started to earn their own name and get recognized and crawl out of the shadow of X.

Eventually, the coldest dish was served to multiple alliance. That happened when Pheno declared war on X. Quickly, VP declared war on Pheno for their treacherous actions against X. VP saw it as a future treacherous action against themselves.

Soon shortly afterward, they joined Dragonhead Alliance. For multiple months the war progressed and slowly Pheno was losing the massive war against X, SES, DH and multiple other alliances.

Some areas of VP started to struggle. The idea of possible merger with one other alliance has entered the mind of VP. The first contestant was Hunted Moon Alliance, however at the end of the testing period both alliances decided neither side was ready for the merge.

A few more months went by, VP & ML decided to test the waters with a merge. So now the era has started for VP.

A little bit about ML

ML started out by the merging of two equally powerful allies. We were very quick to enter our first war, one whom we fought along side our allies of the time, Phenomen, against AoA/UAE. The war was a complete success with ML pushing out all AoA/UAE cities from our area in a matter of weeks, and then proceeded to conquer an ocean that was once dominated by UAE.

After this the battle for ML at least died down. With AoA all but destroyed and UAE a shell of it's former self, the war stagnated. ML declared a ceasefire as we had achieved our initial goals and more. It was during this time that relations with Phenomen slowly faded and that the Dragon Heads were formed.

After a few uneventful wars, ML finally got the war reason to enter another alliance wide war. This was against Phenomen for a wide array of reasons including taking in our refugees and using it's position as leverage in Beta. This war has been a drawn out one with ML pushing Phenomen out of our oceans and now skirmishing on the borders.

In recent times ML's membership had been lacking in activity with many slowing down their efforts in the game. It was in this time we sought for a merger, something to revitalize the alliance. VP was a natural choice to approach, they were a strong ally, right next to ML, and was also open to a merger. After talks and testing was successful, the merge was finalized, bringing in a new era for ML.

The New Era for Event Horizon

The meaning of the name was brought to our attention by Blazetech, a former Duke of VP.

The name was chosen by a voting system that everyone had a chance to vote for. It took us roughly 3 rounds, and each round lasted 4-5 days.

The Definition by Blazetech:

Event Horizon

In general relativity, an event horizon is a boundary in spacetime beyond which events cannot affect an outside observer. In layman's terms it is defined as "the point of no return" i.e. the point at which the gravitational pull becomes so great as to make escape impossible. The most common case of an event horizon is that surrounding a black hole. Light emitted from beyond the horizon can never reach the observer. Likewise, any object approaching the horizon from the observer's side appears to slow down and never quite pass through the horizon, with its image becoming more and more redshifted as time elapses. The traveling object, however, experiences no strange effects and does, in fact, pass through the horizon in a finite amount of proper time.

If you have any questions/concerns please direct them below and they will be filed and processed by our staff members in due time. Have a good time guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

o/

Love ya'll

PS: Drunk

Fully had you all going that we had named ourselves Phenosin Xtorture! AHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

One shall be made soon. For now we fly the ML flag. Could switch to VP before a new CoA is made.

DeletedUser

Took us practically 2-3 weeks to figure out a name. You expect us to have a proper COA within 12 hrs after the voting is over?

I can make a new name in 2-3 minutes also yes its possible to get a CoA 12 hours after the name is finished

DeletedUser

I can make a new name in 2-3 minutes also yes its possible to get a CoA 12 hours after the name is finished

People may be busy with family or friends wayne, did you think of that one?

:cool: ~i haven't used that smiley in ages

DeletedUser12662

In the auto-updating maps thread, you're nearly the same color as the ocean background. That makes you practically invisible on my crappy computer. I have to infer your boundary by the distortion you cause to those around you. Hence, Event Horizon seems an appropriate title. (Black hole is more apt, as the event horizon is merely your boundary, but why quibble?)

So I have to ask, doesn't this make Dark Judgement your ergosphere, the region of curved space-time between the event horizon and the boundary where a light ray would orbit, the peculiar region where centripetal force effects work counter to our everyday experience, and the harder you try to achieve orbit by accelerating tangentially, the faster you propel yourself inward?

It's a valid question. Because either DJ must accelerate directly outward, or they will inevitably migrate inside the event horizon. Either a sudden expansionary conquest, or another merger. Is this name your subtle way of informing us of events to come? Was this your veiled hint concerning an unstoppable dragons heads empire in the forming?

DeletedUser

Dear Gentlemen and ladies:

This is an automatic response to Sceeth's post. This is not to predict the future or tell you what may happen to our strong allies near us. It is only describing the name we have decided to grant ourselves. In this case a name that you are over-ANALYZING Sceeth.

As far as the COA, yes it is feasible to get a COA within 1 hr after posting. However, since we are a team. We do things as a team. Therefore, we have a vote system to get the COA that will satisfy our users (ie, our members). We are also letting them draw it/come up with a design as well. This way we feel more of a team than one person doing the entire show.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
The Construction Team

DeletedUser

Yeah, as Otis has said. Thinking of a name or making a coat of arms is easy and can be done quickly. But choosing as an alliance, gaining input from the entire team.. now that takes time. Most of our decisions as an alliance will be quicker, but for decisions which do not need to be rushed as they do not affect how our alliance is run, and is one that will decide what our members fight under, we will take our time.

DeletedUser

People may be busy with family or friends wayne, did you think of that one?

:cool: ~i haven't used that smiley in ages

Pesky Helot shhhh!Anyway can you change the name to persia for a while plz?

DeletedUser345

For some people, they would say these two alliances were in the top 5 alliances.

I would disagree you were always the worst of our enemies who did little damage to us as a whole you were behind ML, PoC, Pheno, SES, CotH and Sc at the time so your ranking of 7th was pretty accurate.

Quickly, VP declared war on Pheno for their treacherous actions against X.

Sorry but i can't believe you can say that, we declared war on Xmortis because they had taken on refugees who we were attacking and conquering - prime example being MCGLM, a target we had taken cities from while he was in SYNERGY before Xmortis took him in. We immediately told them he is a refugee and that they should boot him as we would go after him whatever alliance he was in and they did not comply. We did as we said we would, we hoped by that we had taught X not to take in refugees but they continued flowing in - AZ Apache, Kalahari etc. Then we said that we would remove our NAP should it continue but it did so duly we removed our NAP. Now that meant that we had no relations with Xmortis when we went to war with them so that means there is no treachery and a perfectly reasonable reason for war.

VP saw it as a future treacherous action against themselves.

So this really means - 'After a month and a bit of war Phenomen are thrashing Xmortis and moving swiftly through their lands, okay they will come around through Xmortis and will surround us, i'm scared.' Fear thats the only thing in this statement, so you've made up something about treachery against us - again i'm not sure if i can remember but i thought we didn't even have any relations with you so that we could backstab you? If you use the fact that you had a NAP with Xmortis as a reason for helping them thats a bit stupid as a NAP is just a Non-Agression Pact and doesn't entail anything about fighting with each other, even if you had an alliance you didn't need to go to war with us take the example of CotH who had an alliance with ML and PoC as one of the Dragon Heads but they didn't go to war with Phenomen.

Soon shortly afterward, they joined Dragonhead Alliance. For multiple months the war progressed and slowly Pheno was losing the massive war against X, SES, DH and multiple other alliances.

No Phenomen was winning against X and SES, Sc and Phalanx but struggling against the combined mass of the DragonHeads, which i think is fair enough seeing as how much the underdog we were and are against all eight of our enemies triple our size and all around us. Its testimony to us that we have cast two down (SES and Sc) made one leave the war (X), force two to merge because they are beginning to struggle separately, so that we only have four enemies now.

This was against Phenomen for a wide array of reasons including taking in our refugees and using it's position as leverage in Beta. This war has been a drawn out one with ML pushing Phenomen out of our oceans and now skirmishing on the borders.

I'm struggling to think of these refugees, please enlighten me as I think you wouldn't make up this claim and i'm pretty ignorant in the area of the barren north were you live ;) As for Phenomen used there position as leverage, that sounds just like more fear of what we were doing to Xmortis, how much better we were doing than anybody at the time and where we would be in terms of size at the end of the war with Xmortis.

Thats just my take on all of that :p

DeletedUser8362

refugees? Let me see... TeA - the harbingers war... Y'all walked in and took our enemies in the process of a war which had been ongoing for a few months.

DeletedUser

force two to merge because they are beginning to struggle separately, so that we only have four enemies now.
Laugh. Out. Loud. Yes! The big bad Phenomen forced us to merge!! We had no where else to turn after we started losing cities at a huge rate! Oh wait.. Phenomen have but scratched our combined alliances taking so few cities from us an observer could not tell the difference. And of these cities only a small handful from active members.

We merged due to the reasons your leader mentioned earlier. ML is losing members due to players quitting (as is all alliances), though this effects a small alliance far more, plus we were not quite as active as we used to. VP were losing some prominent leaders and also had a slowed down activity rate. VP and ML have long been great friends, why not merge into a single alliance?

I'm struggling to think of these refugees, please enlighten me as I think you wouldn't make up this claim and i'm pretty ignorant in the area of the barren north were you live ;) As for Phenomen used there position as leverage, that sounds just like more fear of what we were doing to Xmortis, how much better we were doing than anybody at the time and where we would be in terms of size at the end of the war with Xmortis.
Yes.. the "barren north" - where 6 of the top 12 players reside..

As for the refugees, mango said it, you took in a good amount of TeA members fully well knowing that PoC and ML were actively warring them. Such blatant disregard for what one could only assume was Phenomen's closest allies of the time was rude and had very little tact.

Oh and no.. it does not sound at all like what you write here. Nothing to do with "fear". The fact that Phenomen could manipulate smaller alliances and single out larger alliances one at a time was a worrying trend though, one that any competent leader could observe and make decisions based upon. It was a fact that was obviously not missed seeing as all the alliance leaders I contacted before entering the war were on the same page. Phenomen's reputation for it's treatment of anyone that's not Phenomen was well known. Sure Phenomen won't directly go against their allies, but indirectly.. anything to weaken those that are not Phenomen.

That is why Phenomen are where they are today. I can guarantee that if ML were to switch places with Phenomen in the rankings and be number 1, we would not be piled on/have any more wars than we already do. It has nothing to do with Phenomen's position in rankings, purely the way Phenomen acted.

Anyway, on topic: Event Horizon changes very little in any external matters that involved ML or VP. It's purely a reorganizing of internal structure between two allies whom had pretty much the exact same external agenda and out-look on Beta.

DeletedUser345

Laugh. Out. Loud. Yes! The big bad Phenomen forced us to merge!!

I never said we were the reason you were struggling, i just said you were which is correct, losing members and running out of player firepower.

Yes.. the "barren north" - where 6 of the top 12 players reside..

It was more of a joke really from where i look at things in the world i.e. from 55, 56 and btw only four of the top fifteen are there - bAdg3r, redneck woman, Zoki and alnmclg.

As for the refugees, mango said it, you took in a good amount of TeA members fully well knowing that PoC and ML were actively warring them.

I wouldn't really know the situation and you haven't told me who i've looked for TeA players who joined us and found - trigeek, MarcAnTony, SAFAAH11, john85, Disc, .Psq., Bartimaeus, SPARTAQ, DAD-PC, cagolfer1. None of them lost a city to you, it was after looking through all of these that there probably wasn't a guy that had lost the run if it was like all the others i have seen. Truly if just taking on these unconquered men means that you are harbouring refugees such as alnmclg your second biggest player and more, which i could name if you want. Please don't make it out like we are so evil lets not forget we took 10 cities of Blessed One while he was in SYNERGY before he fled into PoC.

Sure Phenomen won't directly go against their allies, but indirectly.. anything to weaken those that are not Phenomen.

Please come on why can't you just step up and say that you attacked us with others because we were the strongest alliance in the world. Why is there any need to drag Phenomen's name through the mud simply because. Its not like anyone would think less of you because you just attacked because you did, after all this is a war game. and i think should Event Horizon reach rank 1 you will run out of friends fast its how its worked at all times in Beta. AoA first gang-banged, UAE first gang-banged, SYNERGY first? gang-banged, Phenomen first gang-banged, Event Horizon first??? gang-banged, its not rocket science biggest alliance = biggest threat so you team-up to take it down. Thats the reason you declared war so why do you have to find excuses this is a war game that in itself is a war game. You know Event Horizon's problem you care way too much for your image.

I can guarantee that if ML were to switch places with Phenomen in the rankings and be number 1, we would not be piled on/have any more wars than we already do. It has nothing to do with Phenomen's position in rankings, purely the way Phenomen acted.

I pointed out that yes you would be in the same position in the last little quotation.

DeletedUser

I never said we were the reason you were struggling, i just said you were which is correct, losing members and running out of player firepower.
You quite clearly implied that Phenomen "forced" us to merge. We could have easily continued separately with a few internal changes. But merging was both the smartest and most exciting option. There was absolutely nothing to do with anyone else in our deciding to merge.

It was more of a joke really from where i look at things in the world i.e. from 55, 56 and btw only four of the top fifteen are there - bAdg3r, redneck woman, Zoki and alnmclg.
Don't forget white bear and the late Hericules whom are in o44/54. So what does that bring the count to? Oh yeah, 6.

I wouldn't really know the situation and you haven't told me who i've looked for TeA players who joined us and found - trigeek, MarcAnTony, SAFAAH11, john85, Disc, .Psq., Bartimaeus, SPARTAQ, DAD-PC, cagolfer1. None of them lost a city to you, it was after looking through all of these that there probably wasn't a guy that had lost the run if it was like all the others i have seen. Truly if just taking on these unconquered men means that you are harbouring refugees such as alnmclg your second biggest player and more, which i could name if you want. Please don't make it out like we are so evil lets not forget we took 10 cities of Blessed One while he was in SYNERGY before he fled into PoC.
aln came to ML through DJ so I have no idea what point you are trying to bring tarnishing his name? The fact of the matter is you very well knew ML and PoC were fighting TeA and without so much as a whisper to either alliance you took in the majority of TeA's core into Phenomen. Now tell me what's the point of being allies if communication on such a basic level is ignored? And some of these players mentioned were being actively targeted..

Please come on why can't you just step up and say that you attacked us with others because we were the strongest alliance in the world. Why is there any need to drag Phenomen's name through the mud simply because. Its not like anyone would think less of you because you just attacked because you did, after all this is a war game. and i think should Event Horizon reach rank 1 you will run out of friends fast its how its worked at all times in Beta. AoA first gang-banged, UAE first gang-banged, SYNERGY first? gang-banged, Phenomen first gang-banged, Event Horizon first??? gang-banged, its not rocket science biggest alliance = biggest threat so you team-up to take it down. Thats the reason you declared war so why do you have to find excuses this is a war game that in itself is a war game. You know Event Horizon's problem you care way too much for your image.
AoA/UAE were stupid in thinking they could take on the world and cared little for whes toes they stepped on. SYNERGY was in the bad position of still being considered AoA/UAE. Phenomen got declared on by all their allies because they had lost contact with them and treated them with no respect. As long as Event Horizon keeps on doing what it's doing there is no reason for other to turn on us. Besides, the only alliances whom we still share major borders with and not at war with a DJ and small satellite alliances to ML.