The New Map Cursor

DeletedUser

It looks cute but serves no real purpose. Maybe if it gave Cords or average travel time?

DeletedUser

It turns when you hover near a city aswel, i'm guessing it makes it easier to highlight a city? I haven't found another use yet.

DeletedUser

I think it's quite handy - if you are on the map and scroll through your cities it gives and indication of where you are in relation to the cities you have without too much fuss.

It can be improved though with the option of turning it off or what info you want displayed with it

DeletedUser

Im neutral with the whole cursor update, its not really affecting my style of gameplay.

DeletedUser

I saw this in this list of updates and thought "that will be useful". Unfortunately they implemented it on the wrong map. On the island map, you can see your own village, so there is not much point in being shown where it is. It really needs to be on the zoomed out map so that when you scroll around looking at other islands, you have an idea of where you are looking.

DeletedUser

I really like the fact that you can see hoe long each ship takes to get to wherever the cursor is at. Pretty cool stuff.

But I agree, I wish it worked in the zoomed out view.

DeletedUser

does the cursor have a bit of a lag for anyone else, or is that just me? :Angry:

DeletedUser

"a bit" is what you would call an understatement. I'd like the option to turn it off :/

I have posted in the ideas section that there should be a preference to turn it off.

The new pointer makes the game almost unplayable when farming or trading for me as the pointer is still blitzing the server for updates on any mouse movement. Why does it do this over an open trade or city window? Don't know but it would solve the problem if a check was made as to whether the pointer needs to be updated.

It needs to be a preference or I cannot continue.

DeletedUser

I have posted in the ideas section that there should be a preference to turn it off.

The new pointer makes the game almost unplayable when farming or trading for me as the pointer is still blitzing the server for updates on any mouse movement. Why does it do this over an open trade or city window? Don't know but it would solve the problem if a check was made as to whether the pointer needs to be updated.

It needs to be a preference or I cannot continue.

yeah, i don't know if it's my machine or my connection, but i definitely have to exercise a lot more patience in my farming.

i'm not having problems with lag in any other area of the game, only when i open the map :(

**EDIT**
does the cursor have a bit of a lag for anyone else, or is that just me? :Angry:

I have upgraded my browser (Opera) and now have no problems with lag in the map :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here's a script to turn it off - create a text file, paste the code, name it goAWAY.user.js and put it where Opera looks for userscripts. No Idea how it's done in other browsers - but hey, who needs other browsers :p

// ==UserScript==
// @name Grepolis map mouse thingy remover
// @author Tiax
// @include http://*.grepolis.com/game/map?*
// @version 1.0
// ==/UserScript==

// get window object, crossbrowser
if(typeof unsafeWindow === 'object') { var w = unsafeWindow; } else { var w = window; }
var $ = w.jQuery;

$(document).ready(function(){
if($("#mouse_coordinate_popup").length > 0)
{
$("#mouse_coordinate_popup").remove();
}
});

credit goes to Tiax.

DeletedUser

Here's a script to turn it off - create a text file, paste the code, name it goAWAY.user.js and put it where Opera looks for userscripts. No Idea how it's done in other browsers - but hey, who needs other browsers :p

credit goes to Tiax.

Thanks for that HaekelHansi

Awesome - Problem solved. Tiax you are a coding god.

If it was that easy why was it so hard?

link to how to use it.
http://javascript.about.com/od/bookmarklets/a/opuser.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6029

I don't know if this is the point of the new mouse, but I did notice and this wasn't part of the update in the "update" list....but if you put the mouse over the city your thinking of going to, the arrow points toward your polis, which is wonderful when the map is working properly....but also if you click on the ships at the bottom it tells you how long said selected ship(s) will take to reach the target. I thought that was a pretty nice touch to a difficult map.

Dom

DeletedUser

The cursor points toward your city that you are overviewing.

It gives you the direction in which your city lies

DeletedUser

They changed the graphics on the pointer today. The script from Tiax no longer works.

This game is virtually unplayable for me at the moment. Please can we have an option to turn it off. I have submitted the idea.

DeletedUser

They changed the graphics on the pointer today. The script from Tiax no longer works.

This game is virtually unplayable for me at the moment. Please can we have an option to turn it off. I have submitted the idea.

try updating to a new version of your browser, it worked for me ^_^

DeletedUser

try updating to a new version of your browser, it worked for me ^_^

Once again an awesome response from the community. ;)

Problem solved. Thanks. :D

Don't understand why though but it works.:heh:

Pointer gone......Until next time.:eek:

I think its stalking me. :supermad: