The New Year's "Skill" Package

DeletedUser54451

KZrQPFq.png

So Inno have decided to troll people yet again. It's literally 13 days after new year.... and what do you think happens? Well ladies and gentlemen they release the biggest skill packages. For the low price of over 200USD you can buy your battle points... yeah 35 heightened senses in the Epic Warpath Package as well as -50% reduced recruitment times and costs in ALL cities. So is Grepo a sinking ship? Yes if you ask me. This is just an act of desperation. You want to make an enjoyable game experience and attract more customers? Perhaps introduce things that enhances the game experience rather than utterly destroy the game. A+ plus Inno.

Discuss.

DeletedUser41523

I think I bought one of their packages once two years ago. Never bought again. Waste of $ when there's constant events.

Probably won't buy the War packages either.

DeletedUser54421

Really ruins the game play and the costs are ridiculous. I mean who has 219$ to spend on 1 package for grepolis (other than martfol1)

DeletedUser54433

Oh you sweet summer child. These war packs arent intented to be bought by your average joe, but by the whales who already buy enough gold to feed 2 servers. They arent a way to attract sales but they are way to keep the heavy golders attached to the game by providing them with a sense of overpowerment. As for who has 219€ to spend on grepolis, i can tell you that more than a dozen of examples come in mind

DeletedUser54495

lol... 35 heightened senses. You gotta be kidding me

DeletedUser41523

I can think of one situation where I would be totally okay with this. If the money from this gets rid of the event spamming then I am all for it. Not even saying completely get rid of events either, just mean reduce them to things like Halloween/Easter. If its this + constant events then I won't even attempt to play another 3/3 no morale world after Lato anytime soon.

But I feel like they're trying to simply make up for lost business since opening gold trade. I'd imagine a lot of people don't buy gold anymore to start off worlds since they can trade. I'd even bet a few top players now a days are spending mostly gold traded $.

DeletedUser43626

I can think of one situation where I would be totally okay with this. If the money from this gets rid of the event spamming then I am all for it. Not even saying completely get rid of events either, just mean reduce them to things like Halloween/Easter. If its this + constant events then I won't even attempt to play another 3/3 no morale world after Lato anytime soon.

But I feel like they're trying to simply make up for lost business since opening gold trade. I'd imagine a lot of people don't buy gold anymore to start off worlds since they can trade. I'd even bet a few top players now a days are spending mostly gold traded $.

The gold has to come from somewhere mate. If everyone is just trading for it, then who is it trading to? Gold will always be bought.
Only issue that I have with these packages is that they only release it on a once off basis. Except the last time, they did it twice ^^ one day after the other. Maybe we get lucky and they do it again.
smiley_emoticons_saufen.gif

DeletedUser54495

The advent calendar this year got very out of hand by the end.

DeletedUser42565

I believe these packages are completely ridiculous if I vented my true feelings I might get banned, how much more of an inbalanced game are they trying to make here, idiots!!!!

DeletedUser42565

If this is the way they are going I think I'm done with grep. and i do buy some gold I'm just not a pay to win fool like some others.

DeletedUser54495

Yeah. I was using some gold for advisers but now I've even stopped that. Sickened by how unfair they are making the game

DeletedUser41523

The gold has to come from somewhere mate. If everyone is just trading for it, then who is it trading to? Gold will always be bought.
Only issue that I have with these packages is that they only release it on a once off basis. Except the last time, they did it twice ^^ one day after the other. Maybe we get lucky and they do it again.
smiley_emoticons_saufen.gif

Problem is that you can't trade the gold that you buy immediately. There's a waiting period. So a lot of people trade on one world. Then use their tradeable gold on another world. Some people do buy, but definitely not as many players or as much gold as they used to. For instance on Lato, I traded on Kas and while on Vacation on Lato before restarting into my alliance core with about 10k gold. I still bought gold later but no where near what I normally would spend. I know a lot of other players who do this also.

DeletedUser54495

Nice, Lato is stuffed with gold now. Had a lvl 30 marketplace that was getting some gold but there's so many traders around I get maybe 50 gold a month

DeletedUser54495

On en96 martfol1 and westmel took my res for gold, noone else did, and soon it was too late and no one took my stuff. What are your thoughts on gold trading smilodon? Personally I dislike it because it makes gold a necessary part of the game to keep up since everyone's got it. I need to be seriously active and stuff to keep up with all these gold stacked players in the top 200, and really and truly BP scores don't matter early in the game because they are all low

DeletedUser41523

Tbh I think it balances things out. Now people who can't buy 20k gold can jump to worlds they don't play and trade for it.

DeletedUser54451

Tbh I think it balances things out. Now people who can't buy 20k gold can jump to worlds they don't play and trade for it.
I've only made like 2.8kish gold from gold trading so far. But it gets really slow when there's so many gold offers.

DeletedUser41523

I've only made like 2.8kish gold from gold trading so far. But it gets really slow when there's so many gold offers.

You're doing it on the wrong server for trading. Almost nobody who competitively spends gold and buys resources will touch EN96. You'll want a 2 or 3 no morale server and probably to join with friends in a premade and trade/hand off there.

DeletedUser54451

You're doing it on the wrong server for trading. Almost nobody who competitively spends gold and buys resources will touch EN96. You'll want a 2 or 3 no morale server and probably to join with friends in a premade and trade/hand off there.
LOL I'm playing Nagidos right now which is speed 3 and no morale. Jheez if I had have known...