The Noobs Atlas

DeletedUser

This is a rough estimate and explanation, observing the current situation

I have only included the top alliances and their subordinates that have core impact. This is not an extensive assessment, rather an initial overview of the current world status. Some acads may not have been included, however the structure of the situation remains.

The purpose of this thread is a perspective, promote organisation/understanding.... and maybe add some bickering.
Also hopefully it will help some at home read the map without having to look like they need it.

ss (2014-02-11 at 07.26.27) (1).jpg

EN73 Definitely an interesting start. We have the top four alliances whom joined together working as one. This has inspired other allies to take note given the force of this coalition and seemingly consider emulating the tactic as a counter.

The Coalition - EN, JW, Mus, TT Coloured red on the map
159 Players, 665 cities. Average 4.1 Cities per player. 637,000* ABP appx

They move as one – Shared skype, shared Ops. Excellent co-ordination/communication and position.
Long time player relations/experience. Working with one another. Most promising group on the server so far. Full of Founder/Winners and many of the most experienced players in game.

Short term analysis, they work as one to quickly gain turf. Whether they are truly one till the end is debatable. For now, they appear to be working as one strong unit.
Their path is south into 55 (as well as filling out 54). 55 is the core of any server. Advantages to the core – War. ABP, DBP, growth, action and tight knit cities for the dominating alliance when WW time comes around. Affecting Trade and Travel times. Efficiency and Glory.

Perceived long term issues. Their tight working relationship may be an issue come WW. Currently they would need an approximate 75% member loss for all players to take the win without issue. When time comes, it is likely the best known and most useful/helpful will be prioritised in the final team arrangement. This may be demotivational, as none can say for sure how many players will leave or want to step down when the time comes.

Having entered the server as one, and if they aim to stay as one they may have aimed for something like an isolationist policy. No new members. A benefit to this is security. All members will have been pre approved. The downside to this kind of plan, is a potential player replenishment issue as numbers drop off. However given the volume of members this issue is greatly reduced.
To speculate, they may have a combined approach. A warrior set as well as an anticipated member loss, in a fixed recruitment policy. They may expect around a 50% loss by the time WW comes. Meaning that one alliance at least was always meant to be the warrior alliance. Supporting the trading alliance, when time comes.
Given the close working relations reported between the alliances, it seems unlikely they intend to break off before WW.

Allies currently directly in their path

No.1. VIRUS – Coloured lime on the map.
33 Players 141 Cities Average 4.2 Cities per player 200,000 ABP appx.

These guys are in the best geographical position to stop EN currently. They are also seemingly the most aggressive alliance in server at the moment. Ranking top for ABP.
Given their location, they would likely need most support from any Anti coalition, coalition. Their closest potentially viable ally would be LOD. However it benefits all of the Anti EN to help them. Further allies could help to pre-stack, and def revolts. Helping keep these guys safe and highly offensive would naturally be a top priority to an anti coalition, coalition.

No.2 Grim - 1,2,3 Coloured cream on the map
120 players 224 cities Average 1.8 Cities per player 99,000 ABP appx.

This alliance is in an important location to both EN and Anti EN. Unfortunately there is an added consideration when analysing this alliance.....Are these guys trying to play Switzerland? Were they in talks with EN, as well as the anti coalition? If so this may affect trust in them for all surrounding alliances.

Usually guys like this are classified as an MRA Noobs, big cities easier pickings. However, they do seem to have a few seemingly capable players. Although many are not near war ready. However given certain factors they may still be of use to either side....

IF Grim were to pact with EN. This could help EN put pressure on Virus sooner. Grim will be of no real use or threat to EN long term. They may merely be a holding solution while EN focus their strength. IF this were the case, surrounding allies would have to turn and consume Grim pronto.
IF Grim were to pact with the Anti EN (cba to keep typing coalition) they would be in a good placement to help protect the boarder. Unfortunately I cannot put much faith in their skill level or readiness against an enemy like EN.
They are in core, in the heart of the anti coalition. Their location is extremely important to this war. If they do not pull weight they are of no use, only a liability to the Anti EN or a meal to either side.

LOD - Coloured Aqua on the map.
38 Players 150 cities Average 3.9 Cities per player. 130,000 ABP

LOD boarder 45/55 currently closer to EN than the flipside 55/65 given EN bare west. In time they will fill out to the east, making the east 54/55 border a world war zone also.
Currently LOD’s home ocean is 45. They are second best situated to help Virus in offense and defence after Grim. Skill wise and due to location, they could be the most prominent ally currently for Virus against EN. They may choose to keep to their border of 045, only evicting those necessary. Or they may jump into the warzone and help protect the core.

2 &3 FF - Coloured Yellow on the map
63 Players 170 cities Average 2.6 Cities per player. 125,000 ABP

A predominantly north 65 based alliance, slowly moving into 55. As EN moves east, filling out 54 and makes their way into 55 they will feel the front line.

Arch Angels x 2 - Coloured blue on the map
76 Players 205 cities 2.6 Cities per player. 136,000 ABP

A predominantly 65 based alliance with an anchor in 66. Also has some territory in 55. This is another premade, some experienced players from old worlds and some new recruits.
How well these two can work together if they can, protecting the core and invading the front lines will define their ability to share their home ocean in the long term.

The anti Coalition?
It seems many smaller allies are trying to jump on the Anti EN bandwagon for safety. This does nothing to promote growth of the true contending alliances to EN. It is an anti growth, anti efficiency and increases chaos. If anything Aiding EN. A system of agreement may be beneficial here.

Reflecting on the strengths of the EN collaboration, it should be noted - The EN coalition is small (comparatively), defined, skilled and organised. Already the anti coalition, coalition looks set to be bigger in member count than its inspiration! Numbers are not the defining factor here. EN set the bar for co-ordination, communication and organisation not an MRA or MASS PACT/NAP approach.

So ... the anti coalition, coalition. Will they move as one or is it all hype?

Currently speaking from a personal viewpoint I will state, we do not share Ops, forum or skype. We do not function to the same level of organisation as EN. We are a set of fragments. Rather than one working unit. The majority of us do not even know who is in this reported Anti coalition, coalition. NAPS are vague, pacts and communication are up in the air.

However, there is potential. Totally dependent on response now and ability to pull together as one effective unit. Now or never. Protecting the core appears vital to the direction of this server.
Let’s hope this is an interesting ride.

Figures are according to grepo stats 12/02/2014, and approximations of actual figures. Only ABP has been used given the stage of the server. Not intended for competitive purposes, more a general overview of progress and player type.. Thread named by millit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wonder how you missed out Weasel Warriors when talking about who's in the coalition

DeletedUser

I wonder how you missed out Weasel Warriors when talking about who's in the coalition

This is a rough estimate and explanation, observing the current situation

I have only included the top alliances and their subordinates that have core impact. This is not an extensive assessment, rather an initial overview

Weasle warriors rank 28 currently. I cannot include all allies as it would take far too long and detract from a general overview. I don't feel it affects the general assessment. If you have something to add or correct to the overview please do, it makes for interesting debate/speculation.

DeletedUser

All alliances in game. I added the most prominent.

I gather you feel I have left out something key, can you elaborate what and why? :rolleyes:
The coalition is made up by 5 known alliances, you mention 4 of them only.
Weasel is on ENs side and they are holding extremely valuable cities.

DeletedUser

I see thanks, I will add another map. They seem to be predominantly 54 in the EN core.

3.jpg

It is an important inclusion, it does add ground to the already strong EN core. Given the location, the general overview on world status/relations remains.

DeletedUser

Not bad, Not bad at all. In fact it's good. +rep from moi

DeletedUser41851

Quite a nice read. Good work on that one. Cant wait to see the anti coalition coalition try and fail

DeletedUser

Nice assumption on the server, will be interesting to see it play out in the coming months :)

+ Rep

DeletedUser22940

The anti-coalition is much more interesting than the coalition :D
Seems like the Doc has found a way to get some real valuable allies.
Allies I thought had better judgement....

DeletedUser

Thank you for this. As a noob, I would never have picked up on this level of politics.

You have named the Coalition of Alliances. Who is in the Anti-Coalition?

DeletedUser

At the moment there is no universally approved member list. Co-ordinating the anti coaltion, may take a little time to perfect. Currently there seems to be no standardised entry level to the Anti coalition, coalition. This could be very important to the success of its force as a whole, becoming quite strong and targeted.

DeletedUser

I'm no strategic genius, but it seems to me that whoever joins this good Anti-Coalition and supports other alliances against the bad first Coalition, would be painting a big target on their backs. And whenever you support another alliance, the attacking alliance always finds out because some idiot sends his support after the CS hits, and you also have a big spike in DBP. So isn't joining the anti-coalition just moving yourself to the front of the line for destruction?

DeletedUser

That is what I found in the past. I was in an alliance who vocally tried to get a coalition against the Musketeers in Gythium. No matter what we did their top players just took more and more cities from us. The best thing the middle level alliances can do is stay on friendly terms with these guys.

DeletedUser

The worst thing people can do is to be naive and think that they're neutral.
If EN wins they'll be coming for you anyway, some of the alliances working against the coalition works like a security net for Ialysos.
If they fall, it's over.

The best thing any alliance could do would be to either hit the coalition themselves or support those doing so.

DeletedUser44856

That is what I found in the past. I was in an alliance who vocally tried to get a coalition against the Musketeers in Gythium. No matter what we did their top players just took more and more cities from us. The best thing the middle level alliances can do is stay on friendly terms with these guys.

Disagree. If I was a part of an alliance that was just systematically wiping the floor with everyone we attacked. And there was a middle alliance just trying to be friendly even if a coalition was formed to stop us and we beat that coalition. At the end of the day that middle alliance will eventually be food, they are just putting off their doom essentially.

DeletedUser25038

The worst thing people can do is to be naive and think that they're neutral.
If EN wins they'll be coming for you anyway, some of the alliances working against the coalition works like a security net for Ialysos.
If they fall, it's over.

The best thing any alliance could do would be to either hit the coalition themselves or support those doing so.
Its falling apart now for you isnt it Distruct?
Viral cures are being handed out all over ocean 55. I believe you yourself are being faced with the cure.
The anti coalition crew certainly arent supporting you well. Maybe others who are considering falling into bed with yourselves should take note. They dont seem to like to help defend you