The Old Guard is leaving, all but for a few.

DeletedUser

It is such a shame to see how things are going on Delta right now:

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en4/alliance/32/members?compare=kill_att

GROM is gone from DoA, dawgski seems to be totally inactive. It would appear that the ending of the TFP war, of which DoA won - is killing activity in the DoA ranks. Some players, i.e. Steve Kline and HolderDanske are still active - but by in the large - the old guard from DoA is gone. Even FortyFour seems to be totally out.

As for the The Huns, Sparkyste seems to be taking a back seat, greco is gone - the 2 major faces of The Huns are out. The Huns now seem to have zero presence on the externals. A distinct shift from The Huns of the old days, and now new members like Oriansport and being pushed into leadership slots. Eldermage appears to be back from a long break, which is good. And of course, TicTac is still rocking out.

As for EotD, Vig and Sul are now new players. The last of the original founders is Dysen.

Same story happened with black a while back. SME's leadership disbanded and joined the newer alliance Harbingers.

As far as I can tell, the last of the old guard is Badnight @ IoA. Dunedinlad @ OTC. Dysen @ EotD. And maybe Clairequ and Firedawn @ Relentless. But they were a newer alliance as well.

So as far as I am concerned, Badnight, Dune, and Dysen deserve massive props for staying in the game so long, leading a singular alliance and continuing to keep their game going.

For their accomplishment everyone should give them some +rep!

DeletedUser

Occupational hazard. This drop out rate has always been a problem (I reckon it's about 1-2% a week) but it becomes even harder when large players fall by the wayside.

To my mind one of the problems is the repetitive nature of the game (how many people first stopped trading, then farming the trade villages and barely bothering to farm inactives?). The other issue was the promise of world wonders which got kicked away (how many alliances spent alot of time and effort setting up wonder islands?). Lastly the other big one is new world, every time a new world opens players leave old worlds for new ones or simply leave.

I'll bet none of the starting players put nearly as much time and effort into things as they did at the start. With nothing to aim for other than an increasingly exponentially climbing number of culture points most get to a stage where they turn and say "what's the point?"

DeletedUser

I agree 100% badnight. That promise of world wonders that was taken away really has had a negative effect on the game. We have wonder islands sitting everywhere, that are essentially worthless (all of us do). That created a surge in the game, people were excited. Now people are pretty board with the same old, same old. Some of us, like you and me are just too stubborn to give up.

As for me, you are 100% right. I gradually stopped farming and stopped farming inactives. The people left that farm 50+ cities never cease to amaze me. I just can't do it. It is too much work. I have better things to do with my life. I guess that is why they are the better players. They keep doing those things, whereas most of us just lounge around.

All I do now is rebuild and go for big targets. As far as I can tell that is the only reason left worth playing. Building for a week and a half and then sending 15land nukes and 15ls nukes on a single city.

Oh, and I can't even remember the last time I traded. I think it has been over a year since I have looked at the market and market prices.

DeletedUser

It is such a shame to see how things are going on Delta right now:

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en4/alliance/32/members?compare=kill_att

GROM is gone from DoA, dawgski seems to be totally inactive. It would appear that the ending of the TFP war, of which DoA won - is killing activity in the DoA ranks. Some players, i.e. Steve Kline and HolderDanske are still active - but by in the large - the old guard from DoA is gone. Even FortyFour seems to be totally out.

As for the The Huns, Sparkyste seems to be taking a back seat, greco is gone - the 2 major faces of The Huns are out. The Huns now seem to have zero presence on the externals. A distinct shift from The Huns of the old days, and now new members like Oriansport and being pushed into leadership slots. Eldermage appears to be back from a long break, which is good. And of course, TicTac is still rocking out.

As for EotD, Vig and Sul are now new players. The last of the original founders is Dysen.

Same story happened with black a while back. SME's leadership disbanded and joined the newer alliance Harbingers.

As far as I can tell, the last of the old guard is Badnight @ IoA. Dunedinlad @ OTC. Dysen @ EotD. And maybe Clairequ and Firedawn @ Relentless. But they were a newer alliance as well.

So as far as I am concerned, Badnight, Dune, and Dysen deserve massive props for staying in the game so long, leading a singular alliance and continuing to keep their game going.

For their accomplishment everyone should give them some +rep!

I am still around occasionally!

DeletedUser

This is one time where I agree with you, and congrats to the big three.

DeletedUser

Nwhiner I will give you props where props is due. All I have to say to this subject is this.

WE should give respect and thanks to the many great players that have played this game. Without them many of us will not be where we are today. In every alliance there was one or two great players that have taught us something about this game. Some of these great players have moved on and several more are still playing.

For me, I wont forget bianryOm who taught me how to play this game, to sparticluster who taught me how to fight, To my old side kick Wallachian. As for the other fallen players that have moved on, I would like to say thank you to Nickusa, Vig, Daniejam, 44, and I know I have forgotten many more. To the active players I would like to say good luck to sparky, placi, dysen, Kristopoulos, Tac, and to even my Archenemy Nwhiner. the Ying and Yang of grepolis. Is was a pleasure feuding with you. take care all, and dont forget the great players of the pass. Without them we wouldnt be playing like we are today.

DeletedUser

Now I have been inspired by greco's post and would like to mention a few ex and current Deltans for their time.

first off I would like to thank The Dink and Silverfish for being the best two player team I have ever seen in this game and inspiring countless players including myself. Next, I would like to mention Finton and Paddir for re-teaching me many of the aspects involved in conquest worlds. I would like to mention nickossa for teaching me every aspect conquering and walking me through my first conquest. I would like to thank Nwinder for getting me my stolen account back in the erly days of LoL, even if you turned the whole alliance against me later. Finally, skally, what can I say? I hooked you, taught you the basics and you thought me the finer details and gave me a chance, maybe someday be can be SiCjay once more.

There are so many more great players that came through this world, That I won't even try to mention them all.

DeletedUser15049

Thanks for the compliments Nick. I agree with your take on the Wonder Islands. We worked hard to establish them at the OTC and then got a real kick in the teeth with the news it would not happen. I felt like a real chump explaining that one to the tribe.

As I see it the main issue is CP. I would like to see a meeting of all the major players and/or alliances and for us to organise a campaign to have the CP changed here on Delta. This is an old world and the developers have to adjust to the game as it is and not how they perhaps seen it as being. Lets all put personalities to the side, wars and petty disputes (he said she said etc) to alert the developers to our respective alliance issues and experience.

The demand for greater CP is what is causing so much multi accounting. Alliances and players cut corners and take risks they would never have taken back in the early days I notice. I believe they should look at either lowering the CP on each level or maintaining it at level 35 for players once they reach it.

Sure the risks to developers would be that monsters dominate the world but the world is dominated by large players anyway. We are all tired of the CP demands I think and it does get ridiculous when cities are sitting untouched and unused for the sole purpose of running city festivals. Makes the game yet slower and we are on a slow world as it is.

Ultimately people have lives. I have been close to quitting recently due to the demands of life and this game. I have seen people lose relationships, families split, and careers ended by the thrill of battles and wars. I don't want to join that list but the reality is I have a life and this game already takes up too much time. I have had to adjust my way in my own alliance to ensure I have more time for myself in real life.

I know of at least 20 major players who are also close to quitting because of the demands this game has due to the CP levels demanded. I do think it is an area that needs looked at. I also believe it will if we all organise and send in a letter and petition callling for changes.

I happen to think the Wonder Islands was not a good option for this world. I don't think it suits the war mentality here and could reward alliances for sheer cowardice (not naming) but the CP issue is prime.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello people, it's me! Yeah, I quit Delta almost a year ago. Nwinder, you might remember me. Anyway, I can't believe that all you guys are still around. I remember the good old days, back at Legion of Chaos (which I guess is a fading memory now), when we were preparing for the Hun invasion, and that time we negotiated the Southwestern Defensive Pact. Can't forget the Soap Opera caliber split from the Guardians of Destiny! Best experience I have ever had in an online game was right then. I'm in Tau now, and I hope that it ends up being as epic as Delta was.
Maybe in the future you guys can come on over to the new worlds for a fresh start. It's exciting, and it feels fresh, like there's possibility in the air! Nwinder, I could get a spot open for you at Jello (ocean 36) :p

DeletedUser

yes it is sad to see many of the great players of delta starting to leave very respectful to them and to the ones who are around way to go for lasting this long on this world

DeletedUser

This is just a symptom of general malaise within the game. We are heading slowly but surely to a point at which wars will be practically impossible to organise because the majority of players will silo-ed in their own area.

Every game has a finite lifespan and this is no different.

DeletedUser

Banned talk is now allowed.....lol.

Anyway lets just let all of this go. We can move on. WE are all good people deep down right...except you....and you ... and that guy.....oh and her over there....

Drop the flag and flee in safety.

DeletedUser19756

What a load of doom and gloom! I am on vacation mode has my main broadband is down, but i am itching to get back just have a little break and you will soon wish you were back. Look at Greco he cant stop away and will surly be back. So less of the gloom and welcome the up and coming ones, that i may say are many, just give them a little time my friends and you will see. As dysen would say :)))))))))))))))))))))

DeletedUser

What a load of doom and gloom! I am on vacation mode has my main broadband is down, but i am itching to get back just have a little break and you will soon wish you were back. Look at Greco he cant stop away and will surly be back. So less of the gloom and welcome the up and coming ones, that i may say are many, just give them a little time my friends and you will see. As dysen would say :)))))))))))))))))))))

Sorry mate, Im on medical leave from work will be going back to work soon. I am just bored sitting at home so I get on here and there. I wont be back to playing. If I do, It wont be till next year.

DeletedUser

. Can't forget the Soap Opera caliber split from the Guardians of Destiny! Best experience I have ever had in an online game was right then.

Yeah, i was one of the few that remained in the GoD when Legion of Chaos split with they. Ammir, the leader of the Guardians of Destiny, helped me a lot at the time, bad to see that he has gone. IT's bad to see that most of the Veterans are leaving.
And Greco, the time runs fast, if you return it would be cool to see that a veteran back :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3288

Yeah, i was one of the few that remained in the GoD when Legion of Chaos split with they. Ammir, the leader of the Guardians of Destiny, helped me a lot at the time, bad to see that he has gone. IT's bad to see that most of the Veterans are leaving.
And Greco, the time runs fast, if you return it would be cool to see that a veteran back :)

I hope Greco doesnt come back..

Can't believe the way he did his alliance over..

DeletedUser

even tho i am anti hun i have always liked greco and the way he did his alliance over made me like him even more

DeletedUser

I hope Greco doesnt come back..

Can't believe the way he did his alliance over..

Danie, Sorry mate, your leader sparky did it to me. I say the message he said about me after i left. I never back stab any hun member except called out sparky and his crap. I know your secrets and keep it hush hush. never Ratted you out or any other players. Keep listen to Dune the puppet BS propaganda.