The Omicron Times Issue #2

DeletedUser

The Omicron Times
Issue #2

Welcome​
This is the long awaited Issue #2. The members who did the first issue abandoned it after 1 issue. This is my first time doing this, but I will make it a monthly issue. I'm not as versed in thread creation, so bare with me.

Top Alliance Interviews

The Unit
Interview with Murtius

Q) 1. What are your opinions of your competition out there? Friend or Foe.

A) I think until lately there hasn't been much competition in this world as the core seemed to fill up with weak alliances and/or MRA's (LoDa and DOW spring to mind). Since the better alliances were in the outer oceans away from each other they could hardly attack each other or go to war. Now that the weak alliances have fallen or are falling things should shape up.

Q) 2. Which alliances out there have impressed you the most? And which have disappointed you? And Why?

A) The alliance who has impressed me the most is without a doubt Black Sea. The have been to hell and back but still they fight on. As I said to their leader the other day, any alliance can rise and fall but it takes a great alliance to rise again.

Sadly the alliance who has disappointed me most is our current enemy DOWE, they lack basic game skills, coordination, leadership and most of all loyalty. While their allies in the south DOWH have put up a good fight the so called elite have not.

Q) 3. What's your view on the release of the 2.0 Worlds impact on Omicron (Last of the 1.26 Worlds)?

A) I feel 2.0 affected this world greatly and due to its release we lost a lot of good players. None of the top alliances suffered as much as lynx I think it was plain to see but we all (including ourselves) lost good members. However as I said earlier I feel this world will soon become a lot more interesting.

Q) 4. Do you feel your alliance will be one of the final standing? And what other alliances do you feel will be there with you?

A) I strongly believe TU will be standing when the end of this world hits, we have far too many good players and work way to well together for us not to be. As for who will be with us I'm sure BS will still be around and probably a couple more of the current top 10 alliances.

Q) 5. Hypothetically, if there was 1 player in Omicron you could go head to head with (No Alliances Involved, just you and him/her), who would it be, and why?

A) That is an easy one Spiller of Alpha for people like him in a game like this really bug me. Running slander campaigns and moaning about nothing, if only I was a little closer to him I would make it a reality.

BLACK SEA
Interview with bobytza33

A) The competition at the moment seems weak with Lynx out of the picture. We are still fighting Dogs of War, but they don't put much of a fight. However, new wars are appearing, with alliances we haven't fought before, and we look forward to seeing how that work out.

Q) 2. Which alliances out there have impressed you the most? And which have disappointed you? And Why?

A) The alliance that most impressed me was Lynx, as they had some very good players and were worthy opponents. Unfortunately, I'll have to nominate Lynx also as the alliance that most disappointed me by playing dirty, with no fair play.

Q) 3. What's your view on the release of the 2.0 Worlds impact on Omicron (Last of the 1.26 Worlds)?

A) I play on Thau as well and I consider 2.0 Worlds as being weak. The only good thing about them is having introduced the 5th God. As for the impact their release had on this World, I don't consider that players quit Omicron to go there. Many of them indeed went to check it out, out of curiosity, but a good player can manage playing on several worlds, so I don't think this was the main reason for quitting.

Q) 4. Do you feel your alliance will be one of the final standing? And what other alliances do you feel will be there with you?

A) Yes, I believe that we will be among the last alliances standing, because we persevere and we proved that we can keep going even in harsh times. In my point of view, other alliances there with us will be: The Unit, D3TH and Defiled Forest.

Q) 5. Hypothetically, if there was 1 player in Omicron you could go head to head with (No Alliances Involved, just you and him/her), who would it be, and why?

A) Ford Prefect (if he still had time for the game and got involved in the game as he did some time ago - in his glory days).

Alpha
Interview with Spiller

A) The competition is extremely mixed. There are some fantastic fighters in the Omicron world, and on the other hand there are also lots of players who are making the same mistakes that I did with my first and second city.

The biggest competition in my view is not from other alliances, but from family, summer, sun, sports, music or other things that are fun or important in life. The Omicron world has seen many players going inactive. There are even some islands without any players remaining. The leaders of an alliance should realize that they are to some degree in the entertainment business, providing their members suitable amounts of action, drama, problems and success. And each individual member of each alliance should also see that they can be more successful and have more fun if they communicate and cooperate more with others.

A) BLACK SEA has been beaten badly for a long time. I don't know exactly why this is; maybe it can have been because some early BLACK SEA members did not speak English very well, which is a handicap in an English-speaking Grepolis world.

Still, they fought on bravely, they regrouped, they started working more on the diplomatic level, found friends, and survived. Many of them are now hardened and experienced warriors!

And which have disappointed you?

Lynx early had a really strong lead on all the others, with lots and lots of strong players in a very central position. It should have been possible for them to keep their advantage. Being the biggest and strongest should be a good basis for conquering more and more cities, and also for attracting more talented players. Surprisingly they were not able to follow up, and are now gone.

A) I was among the beta testers of 2.0. The newest version is normally supposed to be better and more exciting. From the testing, I found out that 2.0 was not for me; the farming system there would require far too much online time and effort for doing really efficient farming. The game would not be about who was the best fighter but who would spend the most time on farming. So when 2.0 was officially launched, I think many changed to the supposedly "better" game, were disappointed or overloaded from trivial work, and quit. I think this has drained many players away from 1.26, and resulted in a loss of Grepolis players in total.

A) Alpha started off as a tiny alliance in an ocean where there was already a strong alliance in control. We started some weeks after the core alliances. So out starting situation was not really ideal. Still, we have been so lucky as to get lots of talented players, and these have had freedom and mentoring available to set new targets, develop their strengths, develop loyalty to each other, and become a stable and tight alliance that is hard to beat.

Alpha has moved consistently up and up on the rankings for a long time. I don't see ten good reasons why this should not continue :)

And what other alliances do you feel will be there with you?

That will be alliances with leaders who understand all the sides of the game, from the basic rules to the finer aspects of inspiration, entertainment, psychology, politics, diplomacy, friendship, loyalty, humor, respect, more loyalty, Human Resource Management, geography, lie detection and much more. I can already see some alliances that have no future if they keep their current management... :)

A) Most talented Grepolis players are sensible persons. Only rather seldom have I run into strong Grepolis players who are arrogant, disloyal, short-tempered or similar. These know who they are themselves, and I would have liked a fair battle man to man with each of them. The opportunity will hopefully come some day :)

DeletedUser

Brotherhood Of Justice
Interview with Mumm-Ra

We as a alliance talked about this pros/cons and have decide we are not going to do it. We don't feel the PR is a good thing.

D3TH
Answering my own questions​

1. What are your opinions of your competition out there? Friend or Foe.

A) Every alliance has it's strengths & weaknesses. And each alliance has the ability to be stiff competition, even the smallest of them. I don't count out any alliance. It's a matter of finding their weakness, and taking advantage of it. The competition currently out there would be the other top alliances. They are on the top for a reason, so they are all great alliances.

2. Which alliances out there have impressed you the most? And which have disappointed you? And Why?

A) The alliance that has impressed me the most is the one I know the best. D3TH. But, other than my own, would be BLACK SEA. To watch them come back from the dead was a great feat on it's own.

The alliance that disappointed me... none. I can't say Lynx... The war was disappointing, but not the alliance. They had some great members, but we caught them at a horrible time, when the leadership was inactive. They were still the dominant alliance, and still kicking BS's *** at the time, but too many inactive to compete.

3. What's your view on the release of the 2.0 Worlds impact on Omicron (Last of the 1.26 Worlds)?

A) I think the release of Rho really damaged this world. It could have been a little later. The allure of the new version caught the attention of soo many, had it been a little later in the development of Omicron, people may have been a little hesitant to leave their hard work here, but some only had a few cities, it wasn't a hard choice. I personally do not like the farming system in 2.0, I'd like to see 2.0 worlds start up with the old farming system.

4. Do you feel your alliance will be one of the final standing? And what other alliances do you feel will be there with you?

A) I'd like to say yes, and explain why D3TH is so great, like everyone else does. But let's be realistic. I've played and lead on other worlds, I know how things can change. We have great players, and we work well together. I think we have as much potential to do so as any alliance here. We'll see.

5. Hypothetically, if there was 1 player in Omicron you could go head to head with (No Alliances Involved, just you and him/her), who would it be, and why?

A) The players I know best, are those in my own alliance. Seeing as this is hypothetical, it would be members of my own alliance. We know each others strengths, play styles, etc. Would make for one hell of a fight!

An interview with Ford Prefect​

1. As the long time #1 ranked player in Omicron, what is your opinion of the current Top 10 Players in Omicron?

A) Some of them I know, some are quite new to me.
SirVladamir is a great player, one of the best I have ever encountered. D3TH is lucky to have him in their ranks ;)
I know rmoller from the Unit is a smart guy, I'm sure he'll keep going up the ranks.
valheru.ro has always been my main competitor for no1 place, and now that I'm gone he has every right to occupy it. I'm sure he will stay in top 10 as long as he is active in Omicron.
bobytza33 is a decent player in his own fashion. But I don't really think he will stay in top10 for long.
johnmayo, Spiller, amirashah - they are totally new to me. New powers rising on the rim, we'll see how well they do in the future.

2. As one of the original leaders of the long time #1 ranked alliance, what is your opinion of the new Top 10 Alliances in Omicron?

A) D3TH and the Unit both deserve their leading places. I sincerly wish best of luck to these alliances, I hope they will be able to maintain their active and leading position.
BLACK SEA is an unsual alliance, in some ways still a mystery to me. Now that Lynx is gone, they managed to rise once again after a long depression. But I don't believe they will be able to keep this place if they are faced by strong and active enemies. My advice to anyone going against them: take their players one by one and make sure to rim them completely.
DOWE and DOWH seem to be out of luck. They have some decent players, but far too few it seems. I'm afraid they won't last if targeted.
Other top 10 alliances are quite new to me, I can't really say anything about them.

3. What do you feel would be different, had you been able to remain active in this world?

A) It's always difficult to say 'what would be'. I'm only sure of one thing: the no1 place would be mine ;)
However, I don't know if I would be able to keep Lynx from falling apart. I'd like to think that I could but we'll never know now.

4. Will we see you on the Top in any future worlds soon?

A) Not soon, I'm afraid... But I definitely hope to come back to Grepo when RL gives me a chance.

DeletedUser

Good post r3dfox. I enjoyed reading it. You asked good questions that weren't slanted. +rep for this.

DeletedUser

I agree, very enjoyable and dare I say, better than issue 1.

DeletedUser17104

Great job I realy enjoyed it. I am not sure what people mean when they say + rep or how to do it. But If i did I would + rep u (i'm guessing it is a good thing).

Just figured it out - so + rep for u :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Anyone care to enlighten me with the Button input? That way I can make #3 a little easier on the eyes!

DeletedUser

I'm sorry curly yours was really good too but he just asked better questions :D

DeletedUser

Great article. Thanks to r3dfox82 for writing it up, and to all the alliance leaders who answered. Looking forward to issue #3.

DeletedUser17523

If I ever go to another world I think i need to take this idea with me. That ok with u guys? lol

DeletedUser

This was absolutely amazing!

For the spoilers I think you have to write
, like ingame player, ally, etc.

I think this is how it's done