The One Day War

DeletedUser

Today is a day that shall go down in NU world history as the "ONE DAY WAR" in which the mighty Titans of Nu lost over 2 million points, their best player Astrides, and their founder Mr. Stunned Frog.

It all started when the top alliances in NU: TE, -Insert-, EE, and Adrenaline; banded together to fight what we all thought would be a long, hard war against the Titans. We formed a fighting machine called the coalition. All was ready. The cities were claimed and the attacks started. After revolting a few cities, then a few more, and a few more, Astrides fled the alliance and declared himself neutral. Stunned Frog then fled the Titans with equal speed and asked to join each alliance of the coalition. After all his requests were declined, he announced that he would quit the game and his cities would go ghost. And so the Titans fell in one day.:pro:

Feel free to add anything i may have missed :)

DeletedUser

In the begining there was only chaos. Then out of the void appeared Erebus, the unknowable place where death dwells, and Night. All else was empty, silent, endless, darkness. Then somehow Love was born bringing a start of order. From Love came Light and Day. Once there was Light and Day, Gaea, Nu appeared.

Then Erebus slept with Night, who gave birth to Ether, the heavenly light, and to Day the earthly light. Then Night alone produced Doom, Fate, Death, Sleep, Dreams, Nemesis, and others that come to man out of darkness.

Meanwhile Gaea alone gave birth to Uranus, the heavens. Uranus became Gaea's mate covering her on all sides. Together they produced the three Cyclopes, the three Hecatoncheires, and twelve Titans of Nu.

However, Uranus was a bad father and husband. He hated the Hecatoncheires. He imprisoned them by pushing them into the hidden places of Nu, Gaea's womb. This angered Gaea and she ploted against Uranus. She made a flint sickle and tried to get her children to attack Uranus. All were too afraid except, the youngest Titan, StUnEd FrOg.

Gaea and StUnEd FrOg set up an ambush for Uranus as he lay with Gaea at night. StUnEd FrOg grabed his father and castrated him, with the stone sickle, throwing the severed genitals into ocean 56 and 57. The fate of Uranus is not clear. He either died, withdrew from the Nu, or exiled himself to O56. As he departed he promised that StUnEd FrOg and the Titans would be punished. From his spilt blood came the Giants, the Ash Tree Nymphs, and the Erinnyes. From the sea foam where his genitales fell came Aphrodite.

StUnEd FrOg became the next ruler. He imprisoned the Cyclopes and the Hecatoncheires in Tartarus. He married his sister Rhea, under his rule the Titans had many offspring. He ruled for many ages. However, Gaea and Uranus both had prophesied that he would be overthrown by a son. To avoid this StUnEd FrOg swallowed each of his children as they were born. Rhea was angry at the treatment of the children and ploted against StUnEd FrOg. When it came time to give birth to her sixth child, Rhea hid herself, then she left the child to be raised by nymphs. To concel her act she wrapped a stone in swaddling cloths and passed it off as the baby to StUnEd FrOg, who swallowed it.

This child was The Coalition. He grew into a handsome youth on Crete. He consulted Metis on how to defeat StUnEd FrOg. She prepaired a drink for StUnEd FrOg design to make him vomit up the other children. Rhea convinced StUnEd FrOg to accept his son and The Coalition was allowed to return to Mount Olympus as StUnEd FrOg’s cupbearer. This gave the Coalition the opertunity to slip StUnEd FrOg the specially prepaired drink. This worked as planned and the other five children were vomited up. Being gods they were unharmed. They were thankful to The Coalition and made them their leader.

StUnEd FrOg was yet to be defeated. He and the Titans, except Prometheus, Epimetheus, and Oceanus, fought to retain their power. Atlas became their leader in battle and it looked for some time as though they would win and put the young gods down. However, The Coalition was cunning. They went down to Tartarus and freed the Cyclopes and the Hecatoncheires. Prometheus joined the Coalition as well. He returned to battle with his new allies. The Cyclopes provided the Coalition with lighting bolts for weapons. The Hecatoncheires he set in ambush armed with boulders. With the time right, The Coalition retreated drawing the Titans into the Hecatoncheires's ambush. The Hecatoncheires rained down hundreds of boulders with such a fury the Titans thought the mountains were falling on them. They broke and ran giving the Coalition victory.

The Coalition exiled the Titans who had fought against them into Tartarus. Except for Atlas, who was singled out for the special punishment of holding the world on his shoulders and so the Titans of Nu were overthrown in 1 day.

DeletedUser

Again Inbred world :(

I never understand all this teaming up, pacts, allies with everyone.

from this I see all the southern alliances teamed up against 1 alliance, now they have gone what you going to do?
Stay allies and just take ghosts? or turn on each other?

From the stats it looks like adrenaline would have accomplished this all on there own, and that would have been some really impressive bragging rights,
but 3 v 1 is nothing really to be shouting from the hill tops about IMO!
only one real outcome, however they should not have folded so quick that has just embarrassed them,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice story Milestone... Must have taken you ages to edit a few names ;)

Lets just say i didnt expect this to happen so quick and by the looks of the attacks then a fair bit of planning did go into this, so i guess +rep for the planning

However -Rep for the ganging up, you should know by know that its only fair if you gang up on the 13th :cool:

It all started when the top alliances in NU: TE, -Insert-, EE, and Adrenaline; banded together to fight what we all thought would be a long, hard war against the Titans.

Studpuppy... Seriously what made you think it would be anything other than a walkover?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Really

Wow your all so good .....what a accomplishment lmao..........The 13th legion gets called back stabbers and we have no loyality.....you lot wanna take a look at yourselfs before you all start spouting your rubbish.

And thats not a War its a battle ........War is when someone fights back.

King

DeletedUser

Studpuppy... Seriously what made you think it would be anything other than a walkover?
I knew we would win (obviously) and im not trying to brag about our skills because yes we did gang up, Im just pointing out how quickly ToN gave up.

DeletedUser

Sharing several oceans with Titans Of Nu, I too expected long nights with bloodshed, tears, crying women and children and lots of booze in the end.

Launch time was set at Saturday 8 AM on our end, with the mrs sleeping over we all know it was a late night the day before and no way I would be able to get out of bed at that time...

I expected the first attacks to be inbound - Yet the coast was still clear. No dead bodies washed ashore nor any ships in sight. We had little over 2 weeks to get some preparing done and booze had been stacked up nicely in the meanwhile... My men were getting kinda fat and restless, it was time for action... Yet there was none.

I got restless and needed a moment to think and went for a little walk on the beach. For a moment I thought I was surrounded by savages and they shot the mail men's boat - It is still a war game, so you never know! There were so many bottled messages washing ashore... I collected as many I could carry and ran back to my barracks asap. 20 bottles had washed up on the beach and it was only the start of my day... This was going to be a long day with lots of writing and ink all over my fingers... Where were the times that it was blood instead of ink... I missed the old days.

Victims of recent slaughters had sent requests for peace, complained about feeling stabbed in the back and people that wanted to join. After doing some homework on those who wanted to join, messengers were dispatched and invites were sent out.

Many hours passed and the look outs were close to falling asleep when the shift change was up in Failed's Imperium. The diplomats went around the table and tore up the pact contract with Titans Of Nu and directly installed the kill on sight order. This even though the attacking had already started... This all due to one of the diplomats was delayed on sea with the increase of fleet activity. The times had passed that previous targets took refuge under their flag.

The forums were one hot topic and many reports started to pour in of brave men who had fought in honour of their flag (The Pitchfork of Adrenaline). More bottles washed ashore followed by even more hours of writing and more ink... I made a note for myself never to wear white again when writing letters or even be within 5 feet of ink!

Night time was closing in and I've only had time to sent out 1 attack on request of one of the players in Adrenaline. Before the clock sounded midnight on the server of Nu, the attacks were sent out and the monks went into the temple praying that many of them would have a safe return.

All safety procedures were set in place when the next shift change was up and on command of the mrs it was time for bed... I'm only here thinking I make the rules in this place... In the end had even less sleep then the day before.

Sunday morning and the rooster called. I dug my head in the pillow and sleep more... Yet the rooster kept yelling. I ordered 1 of the archers to shoot the damn bird, and so he did. All can know - we ate chicken tonight :) I got back to bed for an hour more.

Once back in the barracks it reports were being viewed, by the looks of things the monks their prayers were heard and many brave warriors had returned safely. They had caused lots of chaos in target cities. Parties were started in 39 of the 41 cities and finally we had the chance to open up those barrels of booze.

New recruits started to come in and the power shift within the oceans was taking place. After being close, finally we had taken the first position in 3 oceans. Management on the defenders side was falling apart and looking for refuge. In the end, even when waving the white flag of peace, no one was able to save him entirely and he decided to call it game over.

We said our farewells, and another day had passed. Celebrations were mine as my warriors came out to be the bravest of the day.

DeletedUser

Great story Failed must have taken u awhile to think up the story. :)

DeletedUser

It is a great story, but
have you thought this war through? looking at the auto updating map,

I think it would have been a better plan for you to take ToN out on your own, as now the 2 alliances you used to help you destroy ToN are directly above you, and have a whole ocean to expand into, for you to grow you will have to turn on one of them.

Taking out ToN on your own would have allowed you an escape route, out in to the big wide world of Nu,

OK there are still a few cities to take, but what then? For you to grow you need a war, and one that will give you some BPs both attack and defense. If not your growth will slow down to nothing, (unless you spend a shed load of gold) just my opinion!

The next war for you guys will have to be against one of your allies, should be interesting to see,
man with big stick starts stirring trouble ;)

DeletedUser

I knew we would win (obviously) and im not trying to brag about our skills because yes we did gang up, Im just pointing out how quickly ToN gave up.

Which skills studpuppy? The 13th showed you something a while ago before the rosis ran away... I hope you didnt forgot.

About ToN: I would rather have seen a war between Adrenaline and TON then again multiple alliances teaming up.

DeletedUser

It is a great story, but
have you thought this war through? looking at the auto updating map,

I think it would have been a better plan for you to take ToN out on your own, as now the 2 alliances you used to help you destroy ToN are directly above you, and have a whole ocean to expand into, for you to grow you will have to turn on one of them.

In my opinion, I did think it through. A battle on 3 fronts is still better then 5. Looking back now, sure it might have been a better thing to do alone, never expected it to go this easy - I think no one would have guessed that.

Yet, I do think that we are taking a huge chunk of Titans turf now as well as new players. We still capped most cities from them when looking at the stats and many of us still have slots to fill that we saved up.

Titans still exists as an alliance, so the battle is not entirely over.

DeletedUser

not really posting much on forums but i dont really see the point of bragging on this war..i am neutral to it but most you forgot good old tigers that dominated o56 and then collapsed on first conquest we did on them,most of them running to EE or made a new alliance(adrenaline) and those leftover just died off slowly,and the war on those tigers wasnt really a war,can compare it to BE,just killing off randoms that supported each other little or next to nothing
dunno what will happen to TON but if they do same as old tigers did then what is the point of wars when people just tend to run for shelters from alliance to alliance... or as the saying goes "rob peter to pay paul"

DeletedUser

Im laughing, but I never thought I would.
Nu is a twisted world, behond what Ive seen before, I would also have like an adrenaline, TON war,