Newspaper The Pegasus Times. Issue #2

DeletedUser2663

pegasustimes-2.png

Welcome to Issue #2 of the Pegasus Times!

Now i know You have been waiting for some time for this so i do not hope to disappoint!

Now first of i would like to congratulate [user]abbs[/user] on his stunning submission in the gfx contest for the graphic header of this paper. From this issue onwards his work will grace the top of my paper. I shall also be giving him rep for this and everyone who agree's his work was the best submitted feel free to do the same.

Now if you had to ask me which one i thought was second place well i thought [user]Digital Mystikz[/user] submission was the closest to competing with [user]abbs[/user] submission. so feel free to spread the love and give him some rep as well for his submission.
(for those who cant remember his submission its in the spoiler below)
thepegasistimesbydigitalmystikz.jpg

Interview Section

Now since it has been a month since i relesed the last edition i have decided to do a follow up interview with the same people. Lets see what has changed and get their opinions on the state of the world!

Now as a note, last time i interviewed alliance leaders i picked the four which in my opinion were the top alliances even though their rankings did not show it at the time (for some). Now we have them as the top four. Good guess by me :p

First up the interview with Daizan from Pink Death

1. Now i will quote you from the last interview " if we are gonna fall might as fall in style ", Do you think this day is approaching or is PD still kicking as much but since the first day of the server?

I think that day is coming very soon, Jen got promoted by CBS to head writer for the big bang theory, Milos is expecting twins and me being busy with my stand up comedy, I just haven't got the time to do it alone so I am in talks with Kronnoss about forming EN 3.

2. Now that the server has developed a bit more is there anything that has happened that in your opinion is unique to hero worlds. By this i mean top 12 wars, top 12 diplomacy, any recent changes in the top 12 for any stats and state of the core and rim ?

I would say there are a lot more turtles here, not losing has become more important then having fun, grepo is no longer just a game its more of a sport. If you search linkedin you will find people stating leading their own guild in grepolis as a key skill. I think in terms of stats EN are looking good, they are excellent at recruiting and even better at politicking, dacian also look good, they seem to be kick- at buillding biremes and looking at paint dry. I would have said Honey Badgers as well but i am not sure what they are exactly good at.

3. Now to get the serious stuff out of the way, which is the next top 15 alliance that PD will be removing from the picture and how soon will it be :p

I think The Pink Death needs to go, I think we made inno enough money, made noobs buy enough gold to fight us, its time to move on to another server, tee of a new set of noobs make them buy gold and get our mod friends paid. yeah boi

A very interesting one i must say. You can always rely on daizan for an interesting opinion and often a good one at that.

Now time to get a word from Emperor Kron himself at Eviction Notice

1. Last time i asked you if you thought EN would be a sucess here in the hero world. Now EN is the rank 1 in points, avg points and total abp has been at the top (or near it for the majority of the server so far). Many would say this is a good example of sucess as by your stats you are a force to be reckoned with. Will EN continue to suceed in this fashion and why?

We have a collection of great players who through friendships forged through trails and truimphs want to continue to play together.. of course we will keep on with success as will other alliance with great friendships within the team... In the end though alliances succeed through vision, diplomacy, strategy... and brute strength in war.

2. Now that the server has developed a bit more is there anything that has happened that in your opinion is unique to hero worlds. By this i mean top 12 wars, top 12 diplomacy and any recent changes in the top 12 for any stats?

1900 players.. pretty poor really when you consider that the average starter world has upwards of 40,000, and these are meant to be the best? open it up.. ocean 44 isn't even filled.

3. Now to get the serious stuff out of the way, which is the next top 15 alliance that EN will be removing from the picture and how soon will it be :p

Never give away strategy and plans metalcore.. but if I do tell you privately will you take one of their cities?

Thats it from the emperor himself. Always taking care of business. Looks like if i have enough time to write a paper i have time to conquer an enemy :p. Looks like i better start bringing my A game and catch up already :p

Next up i decided to talk to Dacian Heroes

Due to their inability to even reply to me even after messaging three of their leaders i was unable to get a response. That's never a good sign if they can't even show manners and reply with a simple no. Wonder what they are up to?

Hope you enjoyed reading these interviews like i did. Now, for the masses that read, Have you ever wanted to see any particular alliance interviewed? Maybe even a certain player? Got any specific questions that you have always wanted to hear asked? Well here's your chance! PM me your thoughts and for my next set of interviews i will do a people's choice one! Make em good as well! Best question will get a + rep from me.

Now since this paper is so big i have had to split it into two posts. So enjoy part two below :)

DeletedUser2663

Get The Word From The MC Himself!

Due to my noticeable lack of posting here on these active forums with good posters and great propaganda (once enemy and now ally DT can attest to the times we had on zeta in regards to forum politics and my posting in such an environment :p) i have decided to make up for it with a in depth post on the top 12. I hope you enjoy my review

Eviction Notice496372114723721437Well, They are current leaders in all regards one could say. They have a collection of great players here. On the leadership level, well they have already won a world with 7 wonders so they know how to run an alliance through the good times and hard times.
Occupy48467728951429650Occupy = Eviction Notice. We have all seen sister alliances and such before but seeing one that is rank 1 and 2 on a hero server. In my thoughts that counts for something. Call em a MRA if you want but the alliances that end up winning at the end of the day have always been at around the 100 member cap from my personal experience. Maybe its a secret to winning or nooby worlds?
The Pink Death356308319128669502Well, as i stated before, If you were to call EN/Occupy a MRA then in the same sense you would have to call Pink Death the elite one. Great avgs across the board and many great players in there as well. Basically from the time of alpha to xi you could split a third of the greatest players around to Pink Death, a third to EN/Occupy and the rest not present here. Not exact figures of course but this just gives an idea of how many great players are here in such a small alliance.
Dacian Heroes48430436509312441A great alliance here. Now ones first opinion would say "yea they are good but they are no EN or PD." That would be your first impression as it was mine back in zeta. Watch out though, they will fight through the trenches to get to the top. They are a boulder and once they get rolling they are very hard to stop. Its just a matter of time till they hit their stride and things get interesting.
Legacy48276362770132974So far i don't see anything spectacular about them. However i must point out they are yet to loose a city to an enemy alliance. Using grepostats as a reference they have 4 pages of conquests and not a single loss. This is very good indeed. If they can keep it up they may be a power someday. To and Legacy players out there i challenge you to beat my record of 10 pages of conquests with out a single loss.
Honey Badgers33389184590151470Now i personally don't know anything about these guys since i have been away from the game for the last three weeks but this is a respected alliance. When i hear people talk about alliances here you have the top dogs, the noobs and these guys on a class on their own. I guess these guys are the definition of an underdog here. Well i always like to see the underdog do good until i have to try and conquer one of their cities :p. I think these guys have potential and may end up doing very well here.
Renegades4819741118256767Not looking very good for them. Seems like they are getting their butts kicked. Bad avgs and being hit hard by Dacians and the Badgers. Since both of these alliances are what i would call actual good ones i would say their days are numbered.
T.B.C3526457203071052Well looking at thier most recent conquests seems these guys are in Pink country. That's one place that they do not want to be in as Pink only see red it seems. I don't really see anything noteworthy about them so i would say they will be gone in the near future.
Stone Cold3030233173552052TBH these guys look like simmers to me. Small targets trying to stay under the radar but they will be Evicted and their cities occupied soon enough i would say. Can't think of anything else to say bout em really.
The Norse441784493941347 looks like i was wrong about these guys. Last time i said they may of been decent. Looks like they are pretty dam bad to me now. first alliance that i have given an opinion that's not in the top 12 ABP stats. Well its seems all they are seeing is Pink and will be removed in due time undoubtedly.
Athenian Fusion4218272139558612Appears they are in the process of being Evicted based of recent conquests. Not surprising with stats like theirs.
As One441445693241043There is a reason they are at the bottom of this list. They are worse of the 12. I don't expect them to amount to much.
[td]Alliance[/td]
[td]Members[/td]
[td]Avg Points[/td]
[td]Avg ABP[/td]
[td]Total ABP[/td]
[td]MCs thoughts[/td]

Hope you enjoyed my review. Word of advice. using the table function, although looks nice is time consuming. Took me much longer than i thought.

Well that's it for this issue of The Pegasus Times. I hope you all enjoyed the read and please to partake in sending me questions. More i get from the community the more i can put in the paper. Its a two way thing. Remember spread the love and rep me if you enjoyed reading this paper. Maybe someday i will be giving you a massive rep prize of your own if you win one of the rep contests i hold :)

pegasustimes-2.png

DeletedUser

Due to their inability to even reply to me even after messaging three of their leaders i was unable to get a response. That's never a good sign if they can't even show manners and reply with a simple no. Wonder what they are up to?

WOW. I think that comment lacks manners. But hey.

If someone doesn't want to be interviewed why you gonna call them out for? (facepalm)

DeletedUser10984

I do wonder how long you gave them to reply and who you mailed :p

DeletedUser2663

I do wonder how long you gave them to reply and who you mailed :p

i sent the first msg to sgt on the 2012-07-10 at 00:20 and followed up with a forwarded message to Zatoichi and Bruizer who are on your alliance page at 2012-07-11 at 01:27. they had up till when i posted it to reply. However i see sgt has come back from vacation mode and if he answers the questyions ill add his interview in and post when i have edited it. thats about 48 hours give or take. any decent alliance should be able to generate a reply in that time easily IMO.

DeletedUser10984

i sent the first msg to sgt on the 2012-07-10 at 00:20 and followed up with a forwarded message to Zatoichi and Bruizer who are on your alliance page at 2012-07-11 at 01:27. they had up till when i posted it to reply. However i see sgt has come back from vacation mode and if he answers the questyions ill add his interview in and post when i have edited it. thats about 48 hours give or take. any decent alliance should be able to generate a reply in that time easily IMO.

48h really depends on the person. I know replying to an interview would be near the bottom of my list of grepo related items. It just isn't a top priority.

DeletedUser

48h really depends on the person. I know replying to an interview would be near the bottom of my list of grepo related items. It just isn't a top priority.

Exactly. Gosh, and since when was decency measured by how quickly people respond to media?

DeletedUser

Well it also depends whether or not the interviewed people in question are social creatures, but I do agree with MetalCore; it shouldn't be that difficult within 48 hours. :)

Gave some rep for the paper, looking forward to more of your work in future.

DeletedUser2663

Gave some rep for the paper, looking forward to more of your work in future.

I haven't decided on what time basis i will be making these. this was like a month gap due to rl so i guess thats what basis i will do them on. Next one will come out when i have my next sober weekend :p

DeletedUser

Issue 3 will be available next century :p

Keep your eyes peeled.

DeletedUser18223

hey guys whos good in creating interesting issues lets make this world more interesting?

how about you mazz? it seems your a good writer :)