The pharae times
Contents:
introduction
interview with Raydium88
collapse of noname
collapse of true fear
conclusion

Introduction
I thought this was going to be a relatively boring issue which is why i dredged up the collapse of noname (which i missed due to my VM curse). Now i have the collapse of two major alliances to deal with as well as the massive fall out this has caused in 55 and 45. I hope you enjoy!

Interview with Raydium88
Not entirely sure if this guy is a hugs leader tbh ;) but he did give a few good responses so here it is:

Question 1: Winding back the clock to your initial attack on crusaders what do you think was the factor that most contributed to the alliance falling apart?

Answer: Crusaders was a conglomerate of their predecessors, WARGASM and Direwolves, both alliances we had folded beforehand in a single OP... So we knew history would repeat itself, going against them with a single offensive. And so it happened. Poor structure, no driven leadership, no coordination or effort defending. I'd say was a combination of factors.

Question 2: And now with the collapse of NONAME. What factors do you think contributed to that collapse?

Answer: NN is an unfortunate case. From the very beginning they were on the receiving end, which really hindered their growth for months to come, which when later matched against a bigger opponent (in this case us) didn't help them.

Evidently, the main factor for the NN collapse was our OP program. The numbers speak for themselves, losing almost 50 cities in one OP, in a speed 1 world... that's a BIG dent. But I think despite it all, the nail in the coffin was TF. TF pressuring them for a merge their core team didn't want, not providing the right support, forum disputes from what I was told... Some would say the new world drove their core team away, to start fresh there, but I think had NN received some proper support from TF they could have hanged in there for a while longer. Despite that, our offense was still the main factor, definitely.

Question 3: Okay, onto True Fear. You and other Hug This players have been very critical of True Fear and the way they have played this server. Could you boil down your main criticisms for the alliance?

Answer: I believe a lot of what goes on forums comes as a natural response to some of the mud thrown at us. Gold abuse, cheating? Ridiculous, and I dare say insulting, accusations... which to me, comes as a not-so-elegant excuse as to why they are losing.

Based purely on their gameplay, I will have to sum it as:

● Their passiveness: The lack of bold strategic and aggressive moves throughout the whole server;
● The hypocrisy: as a self-claimed "MRA killer" really came as a nasty surprise to see what became of TF, following the countless merges/"absorbtions". Sell outs. I don't think any of these (save perhaps the SDASU merge) did them any good, much on the contrary. Their attempts to "level the playfield" with us, by taking in all and any, really put a massive non-viable slot strain on their ranks... And this is domination, only 60 can win. Work with the team you got.
● "TF rejects"... We talk a lot about all the players that joined TF. We don't talk enough about all the ones that left, were kicked, or simply eaten. At present I count 188 "rejects"... Not even counting all the players left to rot, following each "merge"... Who's killing the server after all? lol
● Lastly, and this is no secret... TF's OPs are a train-wreck. That "train" pun was to Silverfox btw. The delivery of their offense program is probably one of the worst I've seen.

Question 4: Despite that long list of negatives what do you think are True Fears greatest strengths?

Answer: Cut the leadership in half, keep the good, chuck the rubbish down the bin. RX is the only person out of that leadership worth of said position. Organizational skills, very hardworking...

I have to give it to some of the core TF players for working well together. Stick to that small group. Snipers, I think TF will always have some of the best snipers in Revolt... sadly, takes more than snipes to save cities, specially when your Revolt tab can get up to 4-6 pages of posts.

Question 5: Sum up your opinions on the 5 wonders of Pharae/ top 12/ major alliances/ whatever the hell it should be called now.

Answer: I think a lot of my opinion there was already discussed on my top 6 (7?) I did not long ago, coupled with my thoughts to prior questions here.

I will add, TF is currently looking like a sunken ship... I doubt we will see them here, or in one piece, by dom era. Let's hope I am wrong lol.
As for Hounds, something real stroke me, as I was getting HH feedback and that I must admit some respect for Hounds have stayed independent, preserving that individuality and not having folded for the first/one HT OP...

That aside, I will keep everything I said earlier and on externals... Good day to everyone, enjoy the game :)

The collapse of NONAME
I have barely any knowledge on this issue so please bear with me if some of my info is wrong. From my perspective over time this collapse became inevitable (no offence noname). They were taking an incredibly heavy and almost relentless beating from hug this, they were reportedly not receiving as much support from true fear as they could have done and they don't have the benefits of teams such as hell hounds with a lot of their cities being to far out for hugs to effectively hit. I think a combination of these factors eventually tore the alliance apart. Credit to them for hanging in their for a while especially considering their opponents. The final warscore was 208-1.

The collapse of true fear
Right off the bat I'm going to make it VERY clear that i do not want this article to be a slam on True Fear. That is because i think True Fear players are very fed up of the mud being flung at them and although i have taken part in that in multiple degrees I don't think anyone wants to read more mud slung at true fear. So this is my best attempt at a factual recount:

On tuesday a true fear leader (i think it was RX) sent this MM to the alliance:

"Team, the council has made a decision for True Fear to leave this world. We feel that this is in the best interest of our alliance.

Hugs are only attacking us now because Golden Horn fed them our posts discussing what we would have to do to try to win and the odds of success.

As for caring, I know that James, myself, and the council care about the players very much. That's why everyone who could be on and defending did so. But about this world, I can truthfully say that it's pretty tough to care. We have played many worlds, many lots more fun than this one, some less fun (but that's a pretty short list).

We have learned that continuing to play in the soul-sucking worlds leads to good, active players quitting the game altogether. When it isn't fun, people find other things to do. When their last world sucked, they are less likely to come back. That cost is too high for us. It just isn't worth it. In that context, our alliance, our family is much more important than what happens in the last few months of this world. As an alliance, only we decide when the world is over for us -- not our allies, not our enemies, and not Inno.

We hope you will want to be part of our family going forward. Until Inno announces a new world with our settings, we are playing casually in EN117. If you want to take a break, please provide your email address, so we can contact you when its time for the next real battle to be joined. We will be wrapping up our affairs and leaving BEFORE THE WEEKEND. If you are interested in playing 117 with us, let a leader know asap. Preferably on skype.

RX and james"

As read from the MM it seems that true fear believes that GH fed hugs intel. I'm going to stick out of this because this is very much a he said she said situation but it would not surprise me in the slightest.

They then went on to talk about how this server has not been fun for them and how they care more about the sanity/ enjoyment of their alliance than sticking it out to domination. On this note i do not blame them at all. Having lead in Leontini i can understand greatly the situation that they were in and those motives were very similar to why i left Leontini. It is NOT fun to be OPed day in and day out with almost no reprieve from an overwhelming powerful force. It eventually beats down on your soul and it turns the game into a chore rather than fun. I think this was the right decision for True Fear on a whole. I also think a bit of casual play is good for True Fear. It will help them put this server behind them :)

Conclusion
Well thats it for this issue. I hope you enjoyed and if you have any criticisms/ feedback i am always open to hearing them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser52274

Would have thought you would have done your homework before interviewing Ray to find out what position he actually holds within Hugs. For all you know he's the toilet attendant.

DeletedUser21560

Thanks for the edition. 2 corrections.

1) We did not OP TF daily, actually we had not opped TF for a month+ by the time they quit. They did not quit because we attacked Them Day and night, they quit as Soon as NN folded and their most active players choose to ghost or join us. By then, IT was clear to Them that they were the next to go and that they had no chance of winning.

2) TF actually got rid of GH and then tried to internalize him. We contacted GH who then showed us the convo of him getting sacked and being told he was getting internalized. He did not reveal their plan, which at that time was already to ghost the server. They simply did not agree with him that it was Worth a try to stay and fight.

Thanks for doing the newspaper and giving us something to read.

Thizz

1saaa

Strategos
Thanks for the edition. 2 corrections.

1) We did not OP TF daily, actually we had not opped TF for a month+ by the time they quit. They did not quit because we attacked Them Day and night, they quit as Soon as NN folded and their most active players choose to ghost or join us. By then, IT was clear to Them that they were the next to go and that they had no chance of winning.

2) TF actually got rid of GH and then tried to internalize him. We contacted GH who then showed us the convo of him getting sacked and being told he was getting internalized. He did not reveal their plan, which at that time was already to ghost the server. They simply did not agree with him that it was Worth a try to stay and fight.

Thanks for doing the newspaper and giving us something to read.

Thizz
thanks for pointing those things out.
Would have thought you would have done your homework before interviewing Ray to find out what position he actually holds within Hugs. For all you know he's the toilet attendant.
I feel like i have had a similar conversation with you before about something along these lines... But i feel like the joke was not obvious enough to warrant a whoosh so i have added in a winky face ;)

DeletedUser56122

We have one of those, and that's not Ray. Ray is in charge of taking out the garbage.

Garbage and making sure the forum has only "|" slashes and never ever any "/" or "\". Ray has very high standards and a terrible case of OCD.