The Pharae times - issue 3Contents:
2. What Hug This thinks of True Fear
3. What True Fear thinks of Hug This
4. What potato's are True Fear and Hug This?
IntroductionThe next issue is here with even more bad jokes and puns that make you MAD. I know that you all have a true fear of them by now Sorry about the delay last week. Now a quick note about what is up with this paper (as you may have seen from the contents). what i did was MM both HT and TF with a set of questions (as will be specified below). i then have looked over all of the answers i received and used them to paint a picture of what the alliances thought of each other. With that being said onto the first section!
What Hug This thinks of True FearFor this i asked Hug This players 4 questions (lets just forget that i asked the same question twice ). Those were:
1. What is your opinion on True Fear and its leadership?
2. compared to other wars you have had in your time playing grepolis (or ones on this server) do you find the war with TF more or less enjoyable than normal ?
3. what is your favourite part of being in Hug This?
4. Of all the alliances you have fought in this server so far which one do you think deserves the most respect?
I will now proceed to break down the general consensus of the answers.
1. So not to my surprise the results of this question were rather predictable. About 90% of the HT respondents think that James is an idiot and see TF as a very weak alliance. But, their was a more positive opinion from those who had been inside TF before. But, apart from those people most HT this players seemed to have the opinion that James is a deluded idiot. They are also confused as to why he attracted such a huge following and do not understand why people follow him server to server. One thing i did notice was that those who knew Ahr-ex seemed to like her (i think RX is a female but sorry if i am wrong) much more than James.
2. So, i was not really sure what the answers were going to be for this one but the answers i got ranged from: "You would call this a war?" to "it would be nice if they attacked us back." As said in the previous sentence a lot of HT players seem to see their conflict with TF as more of a one sided slaughter and many pointed out how they were never hit back. This has made the war not very fun for most players.
4. Honestly i was asking this question mostly to check if those players complimenting ex-SdSu players were the majority and i was right. the vast majority of players complimented SdSu for their fight and continuing to play the game well with a small amount also complimenting Oblivion and MAD DOGS. Nothing else to really add here.
3. Now the split here was 50/ 50. some of the respondents just replied with joke answers (which were really funny) and others gave serious answers. the serious answers were fairly unanimous with almost everyone having their favourite parts being how the leadership always seems to have a direction and a plan as well as what seemed to be a love for the team spirit and banter.
Summary: It seems that over all the vast majority of HT players seem to have a high dislike for James, a large respect for ex-SdSu players and find the war with TF relatively boring. Now onto TF themselves
What True Fear thinks of Hug ThisFor this poll i also asked 4 questions. Those were:
1. What is your opinion on Hug This and its leadership?
2. What is your favourite part of being in True Fear?
3. As this war continues how enjoyable to you find it compared to other wars you have had in your time playing Grepolis?
4. Looking at grepolife it seems that True Fear has not taken a real effort to hit back. in your opinion is this a good or bad thing?
1. This was another fairly even split. One half of the players disliked the excessive gold use of HT players and its leadership. the other seemed to have a large amount of respect for HT and its leadership. One more thing to note is that a fair chunk of players dislike the way that HT players and leaders shamed James + TF on the externals for taking in collapsing alliances. many said that they probably would have quit the server if it weren't for TF but because of TF taking them in they have felt more motivated to continue fighting. I think this is important to note and i think goes a long way in showing the loyalty that many feel towards James.
2. pretty much all the responses i got here were a variation of the same answer. People adore the team spirit in TF and their seems to be a lot of loyalty to James and RX. Obviously the two of them inspire loyalty inside their players in a good way. This loyalty has probably been what has kept True Fear together against the odd's in multiple servers back to back.
3. Interestingly their was another split here. honestly i was expecting another case similar to HT with the vast majority of players finding the war boring. but, actually a lot of them have actually been quite enjoying the war with some enjoying the 'duels' they have had with HT players, others curious about domination and others enjoying the slower speed which has allowed them to enjoy RL as well. Not to say that everyone was positive; their was still a large number of people who found the war boring due to its one-sided nature.
4. Now i was kinda interested in the answers to this question just because i wanted to know what people thought of the lack of offensive action. In this a lot of players had fairly similar answers with most believing that they would only attack when the leadership thought best and not a moment too soon. i think this is again showing the loyalty that TF players have to their leaders. Even if you hate James and his team you have to admire his ability to inspire people.
Summary: TF is an alliance that holds a colossal amount of loyalty to its leadership and team. that loyalty showed through in these polls and i do not think anyone should underestimate that about James and RX.
What kind of potatoes are Hug This and True Fear?So a little while back DozerZigashi and i were having a PM and in it the topic wondered (as it sometimes does) to how awful the top 12 thread was. i said that i may update it if i get time (at this point Oblivion was collapsing). He then said that he would kinda like to create a top 12 comparing each alliance to a potato but he only managed to do Hug This and True Fear. So i decided that considering the topic of this paper i would post those two potato descriptions here.
enjoy! P.S If this offends you tell Dozer not me
Hug This - The Russet Potato. The classical depiction of pure potatoey greatness. What many consider to be the best form of potato. As a potato expert, I must concur that Russet Potatoes are hard to compete with.
True Fear - An Overbaked Sweet Potato. While Sweet Potatoes are my personal favorite type of potato (actual sweet potatoes, not yams, get out of here you wannabe) when it has been overdone it has lost all of it's flavor. But ever-ressiliant, an overbaked sweet potato will still proudly rest on it's plate as everything else around it gets eaten.
And that is it for this week. i hope you enjoyed reading this issue. Special thanks to James and Thizzle who let me MM their teams. It would have been much harder to pull off this issue without those polls. Also thanks to Dozer for letting me use the starts of his potato top 12.
Thank you for reading and if you have any questions/ feedback please feel free to contact me.