Newspaper The Pharae times - issue 4 - written and edited by a hell hound

1saaa

Strategos
Well here it is folks. The next issue of my rushed and poorly written newspaper one day early?! :eek:

Anyway i hope you enjoy this issue and can we please for my sanity have a constructive conversation for like more than 9 posts?! please?!

The Pharae times - issue 4
Contents:
NONAME VS. Nightmares

Hell Hounds VS. Hug This

deep dive ocean analysis (totally not copying Rock5)

Nightmares VS. NONAME
So whilst the OP on hounds by Hug This took place so did a NONAME OP on the Nightmares family. Nightmares lost a huge amount of cities to NONAME who seem to finally be making a name for themselves after a lot of doing nothing (no offence). The current warscore sits at 48-9 in NONAMES favour. But, i decided to do an interview with Stannis-Storm to gain a better grasp on the situation (I also reached out to Amnesia to do an interview but that offer was declined. I fully respect the decision that Amnesia made in that regard).

Question 1: Your team has gotten hammered in the past few days losing a lot of cities to noname. what are your personal thoughts on this OP?

Answer: To be honest Ive had so much fun during the OP. I cant say the same for everyone in NOE but for me, and a few others we've had a blast. The BP we gained was great and our ratios were actually quite good. It is domination, not WW and opening 4 slots is always a good thing. Although it has been a while since ive had 100+ attacks incoming at once.

Question 2: Now that you have lost a lot of cities in 55 has your strategy been greatly effected?

Answer: To be honest, not really. It was obvious from the start that we wouldnt be able to push far into 55 especially being outnumbered. I was anticipating NoName to hit us hard as they arent fighting anyone else and havent had to defend much since Fiasco left. We have safer areas to expand into so for now we can work on filling our new slots and getting as much BP as we can from our 55 cities.
Im looking forward to seeing how things play out, the fight between Hugs and NoName will be a good one to watch in the future and when/if Mercs decide to start fighting someone I think there will be another interesting war.

Question 3: As this world progresses how might you attempt to improve your teams current situation?

Answer: We plan to move into safer areas, we have 64 and 65 to expand into and IA provide plenty of food.

Question 4: Summarise your views on every alliance in the top 12

Answer:

Hugs - Really strong team, dont think they can lose at this point unless they get bored of steamrolling everyone.
TF - Really good group of players with lots of experience but very defensive.
NONAME - Got some big hitters, until they get tested defensively though not sure how they will cope against the bigger teams.
Mercs - Dont know enough about them
Phoenix Blade - Same as TF
Hell Hounds - Seem decent but dont know enough to really comment on.
Crusaders - Seem quite organised considering their size, hopefully they do better than DOW did when Hugs hit them.

Now onto the actual meat of the story. As stated in the interview it seems that nightmares plan seems to be to retreat into the rim and prepare for bigger problems (such as the off switch of lights). But, is is obvious that this was a good strategic decision as NN undeniably has an iron grip over 55 with a bit of Mercenaries in the south west. Therefore to those people who just sit back with a pot of popcorn and watch this server burn this is probably going to be a very anticlimactic end to a war in which nightmares retreat and both teams just exchange minor skirmishes. in northern 55. Boring but best for both teams. Both of them have bigger problems that will descend in from the north :D Speaking of those northerners:

Hell hounds VS. Hug This
As pretty much everyone noticed last weekend Hug This declared war on Hell hounds and opened with a brutal OP and a classic Thizzle MM which can be found here:

Hello there Hounds

Youretheonetheycallthedog.gif

A little week ago you attacked us together with TF and you know what they say. The north never forgets.

But hold up, let me back up a bit and introduce ourselves first. We are Hug This, the wardens of the north, the rulers of the 4 kingdoms the fathers and mothers of the hugs. Now with that out of the way, enough about us. This is all about you.

As you know the saying. Lannisters always pay their debt. Did you think you could attack us and we would just forget? There is a debt to be paid here.

So hide your chicken and prepare for some fun, because Winter is coming for you.

game-of-thrones-go-t-thrones-hound-chicken-gif-7551119.gif

Once you are done having fun and start playing dead, im sure TF will have room for you as meatshields in the red keep. Until then, lets have some fun :D

tenor.gif

Yours Truly

The warden of the north, the Tata, the crasher of worlds. The off switch of lights.
Thizzle

Their is a lot to break down in this MM but i think we all get the general idea. Thizzle is here to Thizzle out our team (see what i did their? ;)). Now in all seriousness i think this OP shows that Hug This have gotten used to watching teams keel over at the first sign of trouble and join True Fear. I am not here to open that can of worms again but it is worth noting. But, i am not saying by any means that the OP was easy for Hell Hounds. They are currently sitting 26-0 to Hug This and whilst the losses may have slowed down since last weekend they are by no means in the clear. Only an idiot would think that Hug This is just going to let hounds continue their happy little waltz through this server.

But, something that may have been missed is that hounds did try a counter attack on Monday on Predator56. This attack completely failed but a hounds leader did drop this MM to Hug This:

Greetings Hug This .. May This Mail Find You In Good Spirts !

*Or should I say .. "Wardens of The North" ?? Still don't understand .. but of well I guess deep pockets have made certain people delusional ..

Let me introduce ourselves .. We are the Internal Darkness that knows no fear.
We are the Guardians of hell and you have awoken the beast from its slumber .. we are spawns of hell .. we are demons .. always walking in darkness .. we do not feel winter .. snow, ice, and winter does not phase us .. it melts before the feet of our infernal greatness ..

We are not True Fear .. or should I rename them In Fear ??
You attacked us and put your foot on the door step to hell .. we bite back and will tear the foot off your body .. we know no fear of gold users who are in reality average players with deep pockets ..

Even though I give you props for the op .. top notch if I might say but it does not really matter to us .. we will fight to the last soldier, player, and city, last spell, ship and even breath.

- With that said just realize the Blood Bath has begun and shall not end for some time.

The Organizer Of Darkness,
kid kota

Whilst, this counter OP was a complete and utter flop on every level i think it does show that Hounds have spirit (I was going to do a life of Brian quote but could not find a way to fit one in :(). I also think that judging from the compliment thread that their is a lot of respect to both teams from both sides. This is certainly a war to watch; make no mistake.

On a personal note: I am immensely proud of my team for fighting so well even if we did lose some cities and immensely happy that we have seemed to earned the respect of Hug This. It was one of the worst things ever to be locked out of the action due to my VM and knowing my luck it will probably happen again. I have done my best to do this article from a third party viewpoint and if you think i am being biased please let me know and i won't go into as much depth as i have in this article.

1saaa

Strategos
Ocean analysis (totally not copying you Rock5 ;))
In this section of the paper i will analyse each core ocean in turn giving my thoughts on it. these won't be as interesting as they were in the start of the server simply because their are less alliances:

Ocean 54:

I heard that their is a hugging bar in this ocean... But, I'm to scared to check it out though. Hopefully the Nightmares and the Crusades will go better than they normally do here ;) Others have not been able to handle this ocean...

Ocean 44:

When the server started off this was the most competitive ocean but now it is a mess. Obviously MAD DOGS and Oblivion not being able to set aside their differences, haunting face tearing apart the elite demons causing a war between MAD DOGS and Oblivion and a lot of players leaving for the faster server (en115) has contributed to hugs now becoming the largest force in this ocean. Hounds currently hold a line in the north west of this ocean and seeing how they will continue to solidify and grow as a defensive force will determine the fate of this ocean.

Ocean 45:

True Fears ocean with a small scattering of Mercenaries in the south. Nothing more to add here.

Ocean 55:

With nightmares driven out NONAME now has this ocean to themselves with mercs in the south again.

Editors note: Well thats it for this issue. I hope you enjoyed reading and as always i am open to constructive criticism.

1saaa

P.S Character limit forced a double post.

DeletedUser38766

Well done as always! :) For next issue, maybe to add all world wars with stats and interviews? To have a nice overview what have been changes from last issue. And what have been ABP and DBP changes for each teams. Just some more thoughts :)...

Edit: And just for illustrations, maybe to include maps for each ocean when doing deep ocean analyses? Wish that Amnesia didn´t decline the interview tho, would have made the read even more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

1saaa

Strategos
Well done as always! :) For next issue, maybe to add all world wars with stats and interviews? To have a nice overview what have been changes from last issue. And what have been ABP and DBP changes for each teams. Just some more thoughts :)...

Edit: And just for illustrations, maybe to include maps for each ocean when doing deep ocean analyses? Wish that Amnesia didn´t decline the interview tho, would have made the read even more interesting.
thanks for the feedback.

My laptop is to old to take screenshots which makes getting maps tricky but i will look into it.

Thanks again :D

DeletedUser54192

@1saaa thanks for keeping this up! I agree it's a shame that Amnesia refused to do an interview, but that's life.

If you do want to take screenshots, I'd recommend Lightshot.; easy-to-use screenshot tool that you can set to save straight to your computer (whereas some of the other tools only save to webpages).

DeletedUser38766

Anyway, checking out the O55 map, could see some interesting war between NN vs Mercs.

Anyone from these teams maybe here to give some thoughts about the world so far? Would be interesting to know :). According to Grepolife, there´s been some conflict between TF vs Mercs (5-1), however i have heard there´s no war nor pact between those two so far.

Noname as 1saaa mentioned fighting against Nightmares only and has pact with TF and infinite army (pretty poor show i would say :/ ), while Nightmares fighting with both of them and losing to NN 54 - 7 (for now) but winning against Infinite Army 33 - 11 (earned my respect for not cuddling).

I personally believe Mercs can give Noname very tough times. But well only time will tell i guess. Who knows maybe Nightmares will have a nasty surprise for them as well :D...

Looking forward to hear some thoughts from Mercenaries and Noname leaders!

O55 map (Trying it out first time so don´t go very hard with my editing skills lmao):

Blue: Nightmares Of Elysium / Nightmares
Green: Infinite army(3 bunches)
Grey: Noname / Noname.
Violet: Mercenaries

map2.png

Hopefully we get these 9 posts here @1saaa ;)

1saaa

Strategos
Anyway, checking out the O55 map, could see some interesting war between NN vs Mercs.

Anyone from these teams maybe here to give some thoughts about the world so far? Would be interesting to know :). According to Grepolife, there´s been some conflict between TF vs Mercs (5-1), however i have heard there´s no war nor pact between those two so far.

Noname as 1saaa mentioned fighting against Nightmares only and has pact with TF and infinite army (pretty poor show i would say :/ ), while Nightmares fighting with both of them and losing to NN 54 - 7 (for now) but winning against Infinite Army 33 - 11 (earned my respect for not cuddling).

I personally believe Mercs can give Noname very tough times. But well only time will tell i guess. Who knows maybe Nightmares will have a nasty surprise for them as well :D...

Looking forward to hear some thoughts from Mercenaries and Noname leaders!

O55 map (Trying it out first time so don´t go very hard with my editing skills lmao):

Blue: Nightmares Of Elysium / Nightmares
Green: Infinite army(3 bunches)
Grey: Noname / Noname.
Violet: Mercenaries

View attachment 13249

Hopefully we get these 9 posts here @1saaa ;)
thanks for putting this together :D

We are up to 6 posts now.