Newspaper The Pharae times - issue 6 - written and edited by a hell hound

DeletedUser56122

Quoting an outdated dictionary. Nice. That still doesn't deal with the context of it being 'on the internet' which has been an issue for multiple courts in recent years as cyberlaw is still very much a grey area.

Further, I included libel and defamation in the post to which you are referring and even mentioned that the name it is called is irrelevant. The accusation is wrong. But rather than address the wrongful actions taken by yourself and James on these threads, you want to deflect.

Nice try. It's is even more shameful that you don't recognize your error, apologize for a wrongful accusation and we all move forward. Instead, your leader comes on with a poor acting job of amnesia, of the name of the player he's calling out... and continues to level the same charge, and then you try to deflect, rather than confront.

I saw the defense she put up. She destroyed your OP and to try to save face, your group has to resort to mudslinging. Why couldn't she have done it all herself? Because YOU wouldn't have been able to? Don't judge everyone by your own abilities. Perhaps she's a better player than merely 'okay' and capable of doing more in the game than merely 'spam'.

DeletedUser54407

She destroyed your OP and to try to save face, your group has to resort to mudslinging.

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush! The vast majority of True Fear haven't leveled any accusations against OOC.

Can someone also explain what the problem is with spamming attacks against a player? Since I've played, it's been a pretty common tactic that I've seen used on every single world I've played although, I have to admit, not quite to that extent. Sure, it's annoying, but that's precisely why it's utilised.

DeletedUser56122

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush! The vast majority of True Fear haven't leveled any accusations against OOC.

Can someone also explain what the problem is with spamming attacks against a player? Since I've played, it's been a pretty common tactic that I've seen used on every single world I've played although, I have to admit, not quite to that extent. Sure, it's annoying, but that's precisely why it's utilised.

Well... which one of these are you:

bullying-circle-handout.jpg

DeletedUser21560

The issue with spamming 2-3k attacks at a player is that it breaks down their Grepo, which means they cant log in and if they can it makes it super slow and not playable. It might be a legit tactic for some, but i do not agree with it. We could do the same and just spam you with attacks so you cant log in. But thats not how we play

Maybe at a smaller scale it can be "ok" to do, but that many attacks/pulls is just pathetic and sad. And damn sure it is annoying not being able to log in while you are being attacked

DeletedUser48696

Spam attacking is indefensible in my opinion. We all know Inno continuously fail to fix many minor issues with the game. Spam attacking is a big problem that has resulted from an oversight by Inno.

Anyone with some level of decency should refrain from doing it and I'd hate to see it become common on this server. I think we should all agree to discourage it within our alliances as a mark of respect for each other and ourselves..

DeletedUser54407

Well... which one of these are you:

bullying-circle-handout.jpg

That diagram is incomplete. It assumes that everybody has knowledge of the situation.

I wasn't involved in the fight against OOC (you can ask them if I sent an attack) so I cannot judge whether there was any cheating involved or not. Without knowing, I cannot blindly attack or defend from those accusations. To do so would be wrong.

So, to answer your question, none of them.

I can already tell you will argue that I am the 'Disengaged Onlooker' but that isn't the case. I'm not saying it's none of my business. I'm saying that I am not going to blindly support or attack anyone, no matter whose side I am supposed to be on. I like to know what I support or criticize.

Just to clarify - Bullying is wrong and if someone is being bullied then I will attempt to prevent that. However, a couple of accusations of cheating, at least in my mind, doesn't constitute bullying, just like when I play COD and someone accuses me of using Wallhacks or Aimbot.

DeletedUser21560

That diagram is incomplete. It assumes that everybody has knowledge of the situation.

I wasn't involved in the fight against OOC (you can ask them if I sent an attack) so I cannot judge whether there was any cheating involved or not. Without knowing, I cannot blindly attack or defend from those accusations. To do so would be wrong.

So, to answer your question, none of them.

I can already tell you will argue that I am the 'Disengaged Onlooker' but that isn't the case. I'm not saying it's none of my business. I'm saying that I am not going to blindly support or attack anyone, no matter whose side I am supposed to be on. I like to know what I support or criticize.

Just to clarify - Bullying is wrong and if someone is being bullied then I will attempt to prevent that. However, a couple of accusations of cheating, at least in my mind, doesn't constitute bullying, just like when I play COD and someone accuses me of using Wallhacks or Aimbot.

What if that person who accused you of cheating threw in a few thoussand d-dos attacks and kept shutting down your COD account for 2 days. Would that be "bullying" ?

DeletedUser54407

What if that person who accused you of cheating threw in a few thoussand d-dos attacks and kept shutting down your COD account for 2 days. Would that be "bullying" ?

No. Spam attacks are in the game (whether they should be is another matter entirely) and therefore, are perfectly valid tactics. Whether you like they or not doesn't matter, it's using the game mechanics to your advantage. Comparing that to DDOS attacks in COD isn't right since that isn't part of COD.

If somebody accuses me of cheating in a game, and I haven't, I think that is a victory on my part.

DeletedUser21560

No. Spam attacks are in the game (whether they should be is another matter entirely) and therefore, are perfectly valid tactics. Whether you like they or not doesn't matter, it's using the game mechanics to your advantage. Comparing that to DDOS attacks in COD isn't right since that isn't part of COD.

If somebody accuses me of cheating in a game, and I haven't, I think that is a victory on my part.

But crashing grepo is not a part of the game, its a bug that the developers cant fix. Therefor it is a bit like a ddos attack

DeletedUser15976

This is silly! I've never heard of spam attacks until now. Any red cross on my screen I consider it part of the game.

DeletedUser52860

It all comes down to degrees I suppose? Spamming a few distraction attacks at other cities to draw support if you are planning a takeover would be seen as ok by most players. Spam attacks to mitigate an opponents attack alarm if they are more active than you is a little bit more snidey. Hundreds of spam attacks with no intention of trying to take the city yourself or with a desire to stop the players ability to defend by locking them out or making their game incredibly laggy is a really weak tactic. Exploiting a loophole in the game that is pretty much impossible for the developers to fix.

Now I know many argue “it is in the game so should be acceptable” but anyone with half a brain can tell the difference between right and wrong, some just choose to ignore this because their morale compass is set differently to others.

It is easy to steal from someone or sleep with their wife or even murder them; most people know this without being forced not to do it. Some don’t? It may seem like an overly dramatic example but I am just using the most extreme version for illustration purposes.

Unfortunately the perpetrators of such underhand tactics will always be willing to make excuses and lie to themselves/others to try and justify it. “It’s not my fault, it’s the game developers who allow it to happen” or in this occasion to make baseless accusations that the other player is cheating to make it seem more acceptable. Funnily enough it often (not always) seems to be the same players who come on here trolling others and making personal attacks?

Go figure!

DeletedUser21560

This is silly! I've never heard of spam attacks until now. Any red cross on my screen I consider it part of the game.

We are talking about 3000 attacks that get sent and called back during the Day. Most never land. If one was able to log into the game one could treat it as a part of the the game. You cant tell me that its a part of the game not being able to log in

DeletedUser56122

If there is a issue with spam attacks then surely revolt cancelling falls under the same category?

One is a tactic which does not affect game play. The other is a tactic, which when used in the extreme, is specifically designed TO DISRUPT gameplay, i.e. lock the opponent out of the game.

But... the issue of the 'bullying' being referenced by myself is not about the spamming, it was about the posts on this very thread (That have recently been removed - thank you mods) making unsubstantiated claims of cheating against a member of our team because she bested the attempts on her cities. She called the spam out for being excessive and has been labeled 'unhinged' and a cheater. Both are ridiculous claims. But, that's what bullying is. Bullying, in this case, would be the spreading of unsubstantiated rumors in a public setting, like these forums, with the intention to ruin the reputation of the individual.

1saaa

Strategos
If there is a issue with spam attacks then surely revolt cancelling falls under the same category?
If you mean it could be considered another oversight by the developers then perhaps...

But, honestly i think revolt cancelling is more of a legitimate tactic due to the amount of coordination it takes and its drawbacks (bad BP exchange).

DeletedUser54407

If you mean it could be considered another oversight by the developers then perhaps...

But, honestly i think revolt cancelling is more of a legitimate tactic due to the amount of coordination it takes and its drawbacks (bad BP exchange).

I agree that Revolt Cancelling and Spam Attacks don't fall into the same category but I have to ask, have you ever done a Revolt Cancel? Because you certainly don't seem to understand it.

Coordination - 1/2 PM's saying when the Revolt will land and when the CS will land.

Bad BP - You don't clear the city. If it's in revolt that's been done for you.

1saaa

Strategos
I agree that Revolt Cancelling and Spam Attacks don't fall into the same category but I have to ask, have you ever done a Revolt Cancel? Because you certainly don't seem to understand it.

Coordination - 1/2 PM's saying when the Revolt will land and when the CS will land.

Bad BP - You don't clear the city. If it's in revolt that's been done for you.
You have to land a CS and a revolt before the opponents CS comes. That can take a bit. granted i have never tried it before :D

As for bad BP. well first off a slot is wasted until the city can be handed back. then any troops that were potentially inside the city (dodged nukes or DLU) would have to be sent out otherwise you've wasted troops. I am missing something here?!

DeletedUser56122

Let's be clear about something else. TF did one merge -- with Sit Down and Shut Up -- which has been the single best merge decision I've been involved in during my whole grep career. Thanks so much to pgalland25 , lana98, NotAs.Sweet, Captain Clownshoes, Kegsy, and so many others that will be with us for a long time. We also picked up a handful of strong, active, team players, who we absorbed from alliances that we were fighting or were otherwise failing around us. Slipperycuttlefish (no, you're not in trouble), is the only player we recruited from Order and Chaos, and yet somehow we "merged." Absorbing the players from other alliances with whom you want to be teammates is not the same thing as merging. Right Stannis-Storm?

So... this is an absorption, not a merger... and its not a merger with True Fear... its only a merger with Phoenix Blade, so that doesn't count, right?

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 1.55.53 PM.png

Another one gone...
raw

DeletedUser21560

Stop being ridiculous guys. RC and Spam can never be in the same category. One takes skill and is a part of the game, the other even an ape can do and is meant to disrupt the gameplay. Enough about the spam, if James wants to feel useful and spam us, let him do it. Like Drubzie said, James knows well that its not an OK thing to do, but he does not care. Nothing anyone says will convince him. Is clear by now that he will do anything to try get the win.