Newspaper The Pharae times (written and edited by a MAD DOG)

1saaa

Strategos
So last week (or was it the week before?) i was really sad when i realised that Rock5 was no longer doing his newspaper. so i decided to see if i could create something even half decent. granted this is my first time doing a newspaper so i may not be very good but i will do my best to remain unbiased.

The Pharae times (issue one)

Contents:

interviews with analysis (what was the point of even doing that)
some afterthoughts with questions

interview 1: Nimr0d of mercenaries

question 1: your alliance kinda popped out of nowhere. could you explain a bit about how and why your alliance was founded?

answer: Mainly made up of Nutz's old True Fiasco, he left for the faster world leaving the kids behind. He did the right thing and left us in the care of Foster Parents (True Fear). Unfortunately some found them a bit strict, so a few left and re formed in 55 with a few more following after and here we are.

question 2: who would you consider your main enemies right now?

answer: Right now, no main enemy. We are attacking the Infinite group, but just for fun and BP at the minute. True Fear have started tickling some of the newer additions in 45, but that is to be expected.

question 3: this is a very slow server. what have you and your alliance had to change about your play style the most to do better in a slower server?

answer: Slow server not for everyone. Obviously things take longer to build and replace, so you have to think a little bit more before you commit. Basic principles are the same, just don’t get too excited.

question 4: Who do you think is the better hugger: Thizzle/ Ray

answer: Everyone loves a hug. Thizzle.

analysis of mercenaries: they are very spread out across 55 with some also in 45. this could bite them in the back in the long run because of the slow speed (making dense cores ideal) and the lack of core islands. but, they have some solid players so they could do well. the main concern i have for this team is that they have not been truly tested defensively. i think that is when we will know if they will do well or not.

Interview 2: Stannis storm of Nightmares of elysium

question 1: could you talk a bit about how your alliance was founded and how hard the first few weeks were for your team?

answer: The alliance was founded by Tim and Godjob (he quit quite early) and was a group from another server, i think they were called Black Widows there but im not too sure as I wasnt playing that world.
I was planning on not joining an alliance very early but ended up joining NOE and really liked it and decided to stay eventually ending up helping with leadership. We had about 40 people at the start but started losing people when the community event bonuses ended and the new world started. At that time we were fighting all 4 branches of Inf1nite Army and just focused on trying to establish a core and taking out their top fighters early which seemed to work out for us but our group started to become smaller over time so it did get harder, especially when Infinite Army teamed up with NONAME.

question 2: So, Infinite army and NONAME must be tough opponents. what do you think is the greatest advantage your team has over those alliances?

answer: Good question, well they outnumber us hugely which makes it difficult to take cities off them. I would say our biggest advantage over them is our communication; our big hitters are always around to respond to weakly defended cities and we have lots of people quickly responding to prevent revolts. We have a nice core on the 54/55 border which means our TTs are very short and this is a big disadvantage for our enemies as they have cities scattered all over the place so their support is often too late.
Everyone is keen to get stuck in, so I think its a mix of experience, communication and participation.

question 3: who do you think is the better hugger: Thizzle/ Raydium88?

answer: A hard one but going to have to say Thizzle.

NOE analysis. they are positioned with some core islands in the 54 55 border and are then spread across 54, 55, 64 and 65. this could work in their favour but being close too hugs is never a good thing. but, they are still holding decent warscores against hugs and infinite army so anything could happen. but, i don't think they will be quite as amazing as fiasco when it comes to being the underdog (although, i am happy to be proved wrong).

interview 3: VladimirVonEire of infernal abyss.

question 1: can you talk a bit about how your team was founded and if you have been on any previous servers?

answer: None of us knew each other before we joined the world. I had been taking a break from Grepolis but decided to join a speed 1 to get back into it. I founded the alliance immediately after I joined and we soon established ourselves in O34 with the help of our sister alliance.

Personally, I started playing back in en5 which was called Epsilon I believe. I've probably played in 6 or 7 worlds since then. Infernal Abyss was first formed in Mesembria, but as I said, no members from there or other worlds are involved here.

question 2: so who would you say is your biggest enemy on this server so far?

Answer: Well, we have always perceived O44 to be the biggest threat. At first, New World Order looked threatening, but then they left the server. Then, we thought maybe MAD DOGS (no offence). Now, we are thinking Oblivion but we'll see how their war against Hug This goes.

In terms of enemies, we have not fought a war against a serious alliance yet. There is nothing to the north of us and to the south the main threat is Order and Chaos. If they decide to move north, it could bring us into conflict. We'll see how that develops. Our main focus is O34/44 and we don't see much point in stretching the alliance too far north or south so we'll keep preparing until it makes sense to go to war.

question 3: who do you think is the better hugger? Raydium88 or Thizzle

answer: Don't want to make anyone in Hug This angry in case they come hunting (just imagine a scared emoji here- the editor)

I mean, it's fairly obvious which one is better? I don't even need to say really ;)

Infernal abyss analysis. this is another team that is mostly positioned across the rim and has not had any major conflicts. but, what i will say is that they do have a decent core and if they are solid defenders will probably survive to the end of this server.

afterthoughts:

so this is pretty poor and lazily done but its my first one so lay off a bit :D next issue will feature more interviews and perhaps a few jokes as well (if i can get off my lazy arse).

so before i go here are a few questions (please send me your answers via PM). until i can figure out polling on the externals (if it even exists) this is how i will try to collect data on opinions of players:

question 1: of the teams that were interviewed today which one do you think has the best chance of making it to the endgame?
question 2: if their was one thing you would add into this newspaper to improve it what would it be?
question 3: who is the better hugger: Raydium88 or Thizzle

thats all from me for this week.

DeletedUser52274

Hopefully any further issues of this paper have more in depth content to it and more meat to chew on.

With regards to your Question 3 I thought I was reading a joke and was expecting a punch line that never came. Bit of a sad question to ask in all honest.

1saaa

Strategos
Hopefully any further issues of this paper have more in depth content to it and more meat to chew on.

With regards to your Question 3 I thought I was reading a joke and was expecting a punch line that never came. Bit of a sad question to ask in all honest.
sorry :(

the joke was meant to be that in my first top 12 on this server i forgot to mention Raydium88 as i listed well known Hug this players. now i make a point of 'forgetting' about him every time i do any analysis about his team :D

i hope that clears things up.

Raydium88

Strategos
i forgot to mention Raydium88 as i listed well known Hug this players. now i make a point of 'forgetting' about him every time i do any analysis about his team :D

Too late... Clearly the answers indicate the damage is done... Thank you lots.......
smiley_emoticons_stevieh_rolleyes.gif

1saaa

Strategos
Too late... Clearly the answers indicate the damage is done... Thank you lots.......
smiley_emoticons_stevieh_rolleyes.gif
what? not my fault almost everyone i interviewed seemed to prefer thizzle ;)

i will have you know that i consider you the superior hugger and actually said so in a PM with Thizzle ;)

Rachel.L

Phrourach
@1saaa thank you for the lovely spot of reading
some people can't appreciate effort
the paper is yours so make what you want out of it and if people complain THEY can put in the time to do different/ other/ "better"

as to the most important part of this discussion
while having only played with thiz indirectly, rumors (and conquered cities) have it that he is the best hugger in town
otoh, having played with ray loooong ago and seeing him in action, i would follow his hugginess anywhere

1saaa

Strategos
@1saaa thank you for the lovely spot of reading
some people can't appreciate effort
the paper is yours so make what you want out of it and if people complain THEY can put in the time to do different/ other/ "better"

as to the most important part of this discussion
while having only played with thiz indirectly, rumors (and conquered cities) have it that he is the best hugger in town
otoh, having played with ray loooong ago and seeing him in action, i would follow his hugginess anywhere
thanks. it means a lot to me. i just wanted to have something relatively constructive on the externals apart from the occasional top 12.

honestly i pick ray because he has an adapt ability to make me smile. on the other hand, thizzle just makes me want to run for the hills.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
if i were playing against either, i'd curl into a ball and whine for mama
then i'd pull up my big girl panties and show 'em who's boss ;)

seriously, i appreciate anyone who takes the time to do a top 12, write a paper, or post anything that is more than a complaint
let the trolls and children have their cryfests but know that some of us live for these few solid threads

DeletedUser21560

Everyone knows James is the best hugger in town...

Between me and Ray, Ray is far better - Last few servers i have contributed minimum - Work too much... (yes you read it right, im helpless and cant protect myself from app, please do attack me)

Rachel.L

Phrourach
Won't work.......Ray pulls down big girl panties for a living.
omg lmao
can't write what i want cuz there are kiddies around
perhaps you can make a guess and leave ray a nice message for me on your internal forum
instead i'll just say my swords attack just as well and my ls defend even better if my panties are down

DeletedUser21625

I liked this. Was good to read about other alliances' origins, and how they started on the server. Makes you appreciate your opponents a bit more.

A bit of fun isnt a bad thing either. We do need it. So, thanks for the good read, 1saaa

DeletedUser56373

so before i go here are a few questions (please send me your answers via PM). until i can figure out polling on the externals (if it even exists) this is how i will try to collect data on opinions of players:

question 1: of the teams that were interviewed today which one do you think has the best chance of making it to the endgame?
question 2: if their was one thing you would add into this newspaper to improve it what would it be?

thats all from me for this week.
First and foremost, thank you for picking up where Rock5 left off. Now to the questions 3.!

Q1) With all due respect to NR of Merc., and SS of NoE, my money's on VVE & company, over at IA.
Q2) An informative brief overview of any significant ongoing conflicts; whether it be among any of the Top 12 Alliances, 4 Corner Oceans, or beyond.
Q3) I respectfully refrain, as I do not know them.

1saaa

Strategos
I liked this. Was good to read about other alliances' origins, and how they started on the server. Makes you appreciate your opponents a bit more.

A bit of fun isnt a bad thing either. We do need it. So, thanks for the good read, 1saaa