Newspaper -= THE PSEIRA CHRONICLE =- Ed.2 : The More Momentum You Have, the Harder You Hit the Ground.

RaghuK

Hekatontarch
Very well written @Goodie Mob. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and it actually gives a very good perspective from Check Mate's point of view. There are few topics which I felt compelled to comment about:

Is Merc innocent?
I don't think innocent is the right word here. But having all northern players rally to one cause doesn't make someone bad. Personally, I know Merc is a honest, true & hard-working leader who is very transparent in his actions. Being a Kleos member I know first-hand, that there are no conspiracies or behind-the-scenes deals made by Kleos. People are taken into confidence in decision making and having seen conversations within Coa, everything is put forth in front of all leaders & coa members - there's nothing to hide.

Justifying BP boosting as 'normal'
So, if CM can boost BP amongst themselves, it is 'normal', but all other players cannot band together and gain BP by attacking CM? If CM is comprised of great players, why do they even have to boost BP within?

Playing to make others quit
This is the most twisted comment I've read in your whole post. It makes it all the more unpleasant that you use it as an indicator of emotional / personal ethics of players. Everybody is playing here to win - of course to enjoy playing a game with friends (and many newly-made friends); but no body is playing to make others quit. Does that mean that there is no single person who has quit the game due to attacks from CM? I'm personally aware of many people who have quit due to CM attacks. Doesn't that mean that you yourself are guilty of making people quit and forgot to re-examine your motivations?

Fall of CM = End of server
This I feel is just a sympathy-winning statement - playing the victim card. So, if Check Mate can be a pre-fabricated alliance comprised of aggressive & excellent players even before EN126 was announced with an intention of crushing all other alliances and winning the game, it is ALL GOOD and an awesome thing to happen. But if a coalition is formed in the middle of the game (where people get together, make friends, probably find their spouses as you put it yourself), so many people coming to a common cause, you cry fowl and you call it end of server? Feels very sad to say but sounds very hypocritical.

Last edited:

TheLastCrusader

Phrourach
5) You keep complaining about how many alliances are set against you, and how the numbers are lopsided. Where was that attitude, when you guys were attacking Lykos months ago, who were much, much smaller than you guys? Further, I doubt very much that you have anything against having lots of pacts given that you yourself have mentioned how you formed pacts with Nemesis and Stooges. There's also the fact that you coordinated plans to hit and destroy Animal Farm. Not to mention how, as soon as you guys noticed that the coalition was really a threat, you reached out separately to Stooges and Nemesis (and, if it had been up to you, to Kleos too I'm sure). Then, when *that* didn't work, you eventually formed a pact with Stooges to try and take out Nemesis. And now that that looks like it isn't going your way, Skud has reached out to Lykos to try and join them, and move to the rim so that at least some of your players would be safe, since Lykos is friends with Kleos and Nemesis (I can't remember, but I think you also suggested that Lykos could eventually hit Kleos too). So it doesn't really look to me like you hate having lots and lots of pacts. It just looks like you don't like the fact that your diplomacy did not work this time around.

6)You also complain about people wanting to rim you guys or make you guys quit the world. You suggest that they should reexamine their motives. But just like in the previous point, where was that attitude when you guys basically caused most of Gone Fusion, Elite Squad Command, and Lykos to quit months ago? It was only a few who either stayed with Lykos, but moved to the rim to escape you guys, or who joined different alliances, that stuck around. Again, I don't think you really have anything against rimming or making others quit. You only have something against someone doing it to you.

To conclude, then. I have nothing against CM really (except for the boosting). As the beginning of the world showed everyone, Check Mate had competent leaders and players and they were dead set on dominating the world. No one else was even close. I got mad respect for you guys as players. I do mind, however, that you guys are now pulling the victim card simply because your tactic to definitively secure your domination backfired on y'all.
You state us taking out other alliances as if we have some hatred towards them and also as if thats the same thing happening here. Its not. Not even close. Us vs lykos we had nobody helping us,if other people attacked them it was without us contacting them at all. The number where very similar they could have sniped our attacks. Sure we have more points but you cant not attack someone because you have more points. The coalition has at least 5 times our numbers. It doesn't even take skill for you guys to win,just keep spamming troops and eventually the weight of it will win you the game. I can guarantee we have sniped 4x as many cs as you have sent at least. But again doesnt matter with the amount of people you have gunning for us. In the end the reason any of us in cm are even here anymore is because how self righteous you guys try to sound. Holy war? You saw and opportunity to take out the best alliance with massive amount of numbers so you jumped on it. I would have no problem taking a defeat against one or 2 alliances beating us. Fair play. But the fact that it takes the whole rim and 2 major powers is just sad. And even now you continue attacking as if its some sort of great deed you guys are doing. What amazes me even more is the willingness of the rim to support Kleos and Nemesis. You are giving away any chance of winning whatsoever,only 30 people can win in this dom world. 1 Alliance. But I guess in the end destroying cm is more important than a win :)

RaghuK

Hekatontarch
Well BP boosting didn't need skill either. Yet, it was done. That too by supposedly the highly skilled players. Should everybody else simply watch and take defeat with that move?

I guess commenting any further on this thread goes down in bad taste. I'm giving it a rest.

So what I am hearing is that the rim alliances are cool....and the core alliances suck, (expect Kleos cause they like cheese and the turtle mascot of Stooges). BP boosting = bad and Coalition = bad....therefore everyone on this world is guilty of something shady....can anyone who is righteous stop these shady players and win the world o_O

TheLastCrusader

Phrourach
Well BP boosting didn't need skill either. Yet, it was done. That too by supposedly the highly skilled players. Should everybody else simply watch and take defeat with that move?

I guess commenting any further on this thread goes down in bad taste. I'm giving it a rest.
If it doesnt take skill just do it yourselves. Nothing stopping you,heck you had double our numbers even more before you even got the coalition. With kleos 2 you could have done it even better. But i guess its just too hard.

Last edited:
Very well said, but we are at like 10 members now so more like 40v1. These people have no shame lol
Its all total Bull, trying to get off hook in one last desperate attempt to stop the attacks, and Stooges now realising they are also doomed are jumping on the bandwagon. You all must think we are fools!

I was one of the individuals who lost a lot of respect for Check Mate after the whole boost. However, personally my opinion changed after we got a knife in the back and we separated from the coalition. Now I look at it, it was our best decision as much as I wanted to convince myself otherwise earlier on. Both of our groups are the most hated here. There's been a number of inappropriate messages both Check and Stooges received. Amazing personal spams I received from one individual.
I got your back @Goodie Mob even if the odds aren't in our favor.

images
Total propaganda nonsense, Stooges can see the future and it doesn't look good.

You state us taking out other alliances as if we have some hatred towards them and also as if thats the same thing happening here. Its not. Not even close. Us vs lykos we had nobody helping us,if other people attacked them it was without us contacting them at all. The number where very similar they could have sniped our attacks. Sure we have more points but you cant not attack someone because you have more points. The coalition has at least 5 times our numbers. It doesn't even take skill for you guys to win,just keep spamming troops and eventually the weight of it will win you the game. I can guarantee we have sniped 4x as many cs as you have sent at least. But again doesnt matter with the amount of people you have gunning for us. In the end the reason any of us in cm are even here anymore is because how self righteous you guys try to sound. Holy war? You saw and opportunity to take out the best alliance with massive amount of numbers so you jumped on it. I would have no problem taking a defeat against one or 2 alliances beating us. Fair play. But the fact that it takes the whole rim and 2 major powers is just sad. And even now you continue attacking as if its some sort of great deed you guys are doing. What amazes me even more is the willingness of the rim to support Kleos and Nemesis. You are giving away any chance of winning whatsoever,only 30 people can win in this dom world. 1 Alliance. But I guess in the end destroying cm is more important than a win :)
CM are/were like some old bloated 20th century empire, used to getting there way by attacking smaller players and if that was a problem golding up OLU over and over. But once they came under attack, they couldn't take it, it showed them for what they are, lazy, golding and inept at defence. Stooges are the same, we saw that when a number of small alliances opted them about a month ago and the cities fell like nine pins. Having a turtle as your alliance emblem is really apt! Soon you will run out of CM members to city stack and then when you come out of your shell, we will see.

Evil MeIinoe

Strategos
Total propaganda nonsense, Stooges can see the future and it doesn't look good.
Speak of the devil, the lovely bernardo who spams people and sends 10 light ships to every city I owe just to keep my alarm going.
Whatever you say dear, I would rather lose defending and playing alongside Check Mate, trying to balance the scales, than play alongside yourself for example. It took me and Kinge to sink 9,000 of La Cuca lightships when you tried operation TheLastCrusader, so hey, don't get too comfortable too quickly Mr Spammer.
Stay safe during the pandemic, and try to get of that high horse a little bit, after all, you tried to backstab the coalition yourself when you tried recruiting Skud and others.

Speak of the devil, the lovely bernardo who spams people and sends 10 light ships to every city I owe just to keep my alarm going.
Whatever you say dear, I would rather lose defending and playing alongside Check Mate, trying to balance the scales, than play alongside yourself for example. It took me and Kinge to sink 9,000 of La Cuca lightships when you tried operation TheLastCrusader, so hey, don't get too comfortable too quickly Mr Spammer.
Stay safe during the pandemic, and try to get of that high horse a little bit, after all, you tried to backstab the coalition yourself when you tried recruiting Skud and others.
I love the little fibs and propaganda you use to try and crack the coalition! You just try and attach yourself to what you hope will be the winning team, looks like you got it wrong again. And as for pretending you wernt keen on CM initially, we only have to look at your previous posts to see the the admiration! lol..Swooning over your best friend Move.. I wonder if you will drop Puppy Cuddles ( your latest best friend) as quickly?

StrongWalrus

Hoplite
I have to say, I find the all the attempts to find “moral justification” for the way we have each chosen to play the game exhausting.

Allow me to offer an alternative explanation.

The reason we each did what we did was BECAUSE WE ARE ALL TRYING TO WIN the game. Truly shocking stuff.

What’s the reason CheckMate boosted?

We thought it gave us a better chance to win.

What’s the reason Kleos/Stooges/Nem organized the server against Check Mate?

They thought it gave them the best chance to win.

What’s the reason why Nem attempted to “betray” the coalition for Check Mate?

They thought it gave them a better chance to win.

What’s the reason Stooges tried to turn coalition against Nemesis?

Because they thought it gave them a better chance to win.

What’s the reason that the coalition continues to attack Check Mate?

Because they think it is their best chance to win.

In short—we are all just a bunch of bloodthirsty pirates without a shred of decency. LOL.

(I’m mostly kidding of course—I’m sure two or three of you are decent people—but the main point is why should anyone need to apologize for trying win the game?)

And that’s the reason I will respectfully disagree with my good friend Goodie Mob.

I don’t believe the server is over. Although it is sadly true that our beloved Check Mate is over.

There are 68 days left till dom starts. And only 30 can win.

As long as people continue to play to win, we still have a long way to go.

The only way it’s over its over is if people have decided to stop trying to win.

Happy hunting to all you depraved pirates,

Walrus

Evil MeIinoe

Strategos
I love the little fibs and propaganda you use to try and crack the coalition! You just try and attach yourself to what you hope will be the winning team, looks like you got it wrong again. And as for pretending you wernt keen on CM initially, we only have to look at your previous posts to see the the admiration! lol..Swooning over your best friend Move.. I wonder if you will drop Puppy Cuddles ( your latest best friend) as quickly?

Too be perfectly honest Bernardo, your opinion means very little to me and I don't have justify myself to you, but I'll do it for you, since you use to be a cute little boy back in the day when my friends partner carried you though the servers.
If you had a closer read, you'd see that I was on board with operating against Check due to the boost at first, and over time my opinion had changed. If you really need this clarified speak to Mercenary, or Goodie to finally satisfy your mind. As for your "propaganda" dig, I'm not trying to crack the coalition, I'm simply stating facts, you tried recruiting Skud and others. Moreover, believe it or not, I don't care about the crown, and I always said if Check and Stooges were to win the world, I would give my place to someone who deserves the crown more. Again, you can ask Mercenary and some others, as well as Stooges players who will confirm this and finally let your mind rest.

You make me sound like I'm some sort of evil human being but I'm really not, I'm a very respectful and likable person who always tries to entertain people with my top 10's, you're the only person who has a problem with me, and I'm not really sure why. It's fine though, you're entitled to an opinion, it's not going to break me down either way, because I know who I am in my heart. I handed my cities peacefully to you back in the day, and organised diplomacy and operations for Voodoo. I did my very best as I loved the group, I still have a huge amount of respect for the team, just not you.

Aw and lastly your dig at my best friend thingy, Move is still my best friend as is Pupps, you know you are allowed to have more than one believe it or not both in game and in real life.

Stay safe Bernardo, and see you on the battlefield :)

Last edited:
Too be perfectly honest Bernardo, your opinion means very little to me and I don't have justify myself to you, but I'll do it for you, since you use to be a cute little boy back in the day when my friends sister carried you though the servers.
If you had a closer read, you'd see that I was on board with operating against Check due to the boost at first, and over time my opinion had changed. If you really need this clarified speak to Mercenary, or Goodie to finally satisfy your mind. As for your "propaganda" dig, I'm not trying to crack the coalition, I'm simply stating facts, you tried recruiting Skud and others. Moreover, believe it or not, I don't care about the crown, and I always said if Check and Stooges were to win the world, I would give my place to someone who deserves the crown more. Again, you can ask Mercenary and some others, as well as Stooges players who will confirm this and finally let your mind rest.

You make me sound like I'm some sort of evil human being but I'm really not, I'm a very respectful and likable person who always tries to entertain people with my top 10's, you're the only person who has a problem with me, and I'm not really sure why. It's fine though, you're entitled to an opinion, it's not going to break me down either way, because I know who I am in my heart. I handed my cities peacefully to you back in the day, and organised diplomacy and operations for Voodoo. I did my very best as I loved the group, I still have a huge amount of respect for the team, just not you.

Aw and lastly your dig at my best friend thingy, Move is still my best friend as is Pupps, you know you are allowed to have more than one believe it or not both in game and in real life.

Stay safe Bernardo, and see you on the battlefield :)

Yes, you are likeable, and your top 10s are very entertaining. I give up trying to get you and that mob of yours to attack me/us.

Trist3

Chiliarch
CM are/were like some old bloated 20th century empire, used to getting there way by attacking smaller players and if that was a problem golding up OLU over and over. But once they came under attack, they couldn't take it, it showed them for what they are, lazy, golding and inept at defence. Stooges are the same, we saw that when a number of small alliances opted them about a month ago and the cities fell like nine pins. Having a turtle as your alliance emblem is really apt! Soon you will run out of CM members to city stack and then when you come out of your shell, we will see.

Yo Bernardo my man, you coming inch by inch closer to be the next subject of my newspaper. I don't know if you're doing it on purpose but the more you speak here the more people are viewing you as a player and more like an ape slapping his face on a keyboard.

I don't know why you're talking so much **** considering the little you do, especially since I remember you saying "Actions speak louder than words"? So let's put you in your place. Once they came under attack they couldn't take it? It's been a month and they're still around lol, some of those guys get over 1K attack reports a day and are still playing, I'm pretty sure the majority of people on this server (myself included) would have given up after getting hit over 1000 a day for more than a month, especially during the holiday season. Inept at defense, if you're referring to losing cities, well **** I mean look at the volume of attacks and troops they're up against lol, of course, they will lose cities, I don't think that makes them inept at defense. In fact, if that were the case surely you great benardo would have already wiped them out of the map??

And now for your delusional take on Stooge, yeah we get Oped by the south and they OP us back fairly regularly (all in good fun shout out to @Afghan Revenge :D), guess what, we enjoy it, because it's the purest and nicest form of the game. There's no politics or hate, just good old fighting for BP and cities, and it doesn't stop us from talking to each other like friends and with respect (something you clearly seem unable to do clearly). That OP you're talking about? we lost 5 cities, of which some weren't even in 55, hardly a massive loss like you say considering a few weeks later we would take 25+ back as part of our own OP (and they could come back and take another 4/5 back from us those tough bastard ;) ). On top of that, I would like to add that calling them a small team to make them look insignificant is just straight-up dumb. They total about 70 players, are very well organized and the majority are very active, and let's not ignore their 2 top 20 players (were top 20 at time of the OP) something La cuca is still to achieve ( @ron31 you almost there buddy tho, good luck to you :) ).

I won't even mention the blatant spam which has been talked about above (which btw you have said is normal for you when you start a war). But conclusion, you're a low tier self righteous asshole who sits on the achievements of others and looks down on players which are all arguably miles better than you, so keep up the good work :)

Your full of bull. lol.. you better get Oubay back, hes the only one with any attack intentions. Meanwhile, why dont you show me what its like to have so many attacks ? But you wont because your a turtle.

DeletedUser25566

Your full of bull. lol.. you better get Oubay back, hes the only one with any attack intentions. Meanwhile, why dont you show me what its like to have so many attacks ? But you wont because your a turtle.
Are we turtles forever though? Cause you have a couple of my cities I intend on retrieving :eek:. cheers mate though always a good time.

Are we turtles forever though? Cause you have a couple of my cities I intend on retrieving :eek:. cheers mate though always a good time.
Wasn't referring to you GK, but yes, i look forward to some back and forward action. And im well aware that your capable of taking those cities back. But its fun. Its a war game, rebuild and come back swinging ( in a macho way of course).